Approved How to get Autojoin and Backgrounds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darnell

Respected.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Not much to say here really, a step to step guide on how to use a script and Tampermonkey to auto join rooms when coming on PS since we've made it clear between the staff we aren't getting auto join anytime soon.

A step to step guide on how to use Stylish to get the backgrounds on PS.

:mad:
Won't be a long article but it could save time when people ask 'How do you get that background?' in PMs, just redirect them to the article or for the many users that hang out/are staff in multiple rooms.

Hello! This article idea is great; it definitely would accomplish the stated goals, and PS! skins is definitely something that I can see users getting interested in. Auto-join I'm a bit on the fence on because I'm unsure about whether or not people really care about that sort of stuff (to be fair, I'd guess and say that most people probably don't). Perhaps I'm wrong though, I just haven't seen a whole lot of "WE NEED AUTOJOIN" complaints or whatever, even in suggestions (at least, it hasn't popped up all that much).

Tagging Scene for second opinions. Antemortem, your opinion would be useful here, too!

Darnell

Respected.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
In all due respect shaymin, I don't think users would need to be saying in the chat/PMs "WE NEED AUTOJOIN" or post in on the forums(which I'm sure it has been if I remember correctly, I'm not search up where) to know that if a guide was to be made, it would be useful and people will follow it. Tons of people come on PS on a regular basis and as I said are either staff in loads of rooms or hang out in them for whatever reasons and this guide can be used for the simplicity of just two rooms to all of them.

this would be nice for a technical modifications article but it would need more than just two things imo
Got any suggestions because I'm stumped o_O

Darnell, I mentioned that simply because I don't know the interest level that people have in regards to autojoin. You publish an article not because you alone feel it's useful to the readerbase, but also because the readers themselves might take an interest in it and benefit from it.

It can most definitely be said that they'd benefit from something like this, but again, I'm unsure of the interest level, which is why I'm not fully convinced yet.

Darnell

Respected.
...If people are reading it and benefiting from it by following the steps, wouldn't that mean that they've taken an interest towards the article?

Not always, no. Generally speaking, I personally feel the higher the interest level of a particular topic concerning the article, the better. That is why I take caution concerning things like this, because I am unsure.

People can read your article and think it's rather lacking, or not care about it. Again, I don't know if autojoin is something people would be interested in nor care about reading, not that I'm making a judgement or anything of that nature based on that alone. I think you might be misinterpreting my stance here.

I am not saying, in any sort of way or fashion, that anything you've presented so far is a bad idea! To make myself clearer, I am unsure of the demographic that would put this information to use, nor take such interest in it.

I can very well be wrong (which is why I asked for additional opinions) and lots of people may care about something like this, which would make this article that much more of an interesting read! But I'd rather not have you write an article that a large majority of PS! wouldn't really care about nor find interesting, y'know?

Darnell

Respected.
I get what you mean but I still stand by my idea that a large amount of PS! would find this interesting and useful. Thanks shaymin!

Darnell

Respected.
Currently brain storming ideas and asking users. Will post if I get anything :( Please don't lock this ;_;

antemortem

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
3 or 4 good focal points should be plenty. don't limit yourself, though, if you stumble upon more. just let us know when you've got more material to cover :)

Hey, Darnell! There's no rush or anything, but it's been about a week or so since the last reply (give or take a day or two but whatever), and I'm wondering if you've come up with any material for this article?

Darnell

Respected.
Could I please just try these two and see how much content I can produce, if you feel it isn't enough we can keep shelving until I find more to talk about!

Was recently posted in the Suggestions:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)