SV OU Honestly, I don't even know how to describe this team. (Now with Zoroark-Hisui!)

:sv/Meowscarada:
Grass Catton (Meowscarada) (M) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Protean
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flower Trick
- Thunder Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough

:ss/Cinderace:
FIFA 2077 (Cinderace)
Ability: Libero
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Court Change
- Pyro Ball
- High Jump Kick
- Acrobatics

Meowscarada/Cinderace Explanation: I'm gonna lump the above two together because both of them are there for the same reason. Protean (or Libero in Cinderace's case) is a fun ability, and they act as fairly good (and fast) coverage options. There's not a lot to explain here, but I'll try to explain as much as I can.
Meowscarada's kinda just there to give extra coverage, with the Expert Belt further supporting that role. Flower Trick is fundamentally a 105 base power move (before STAB) that ignores the opponents stat boosts or any stat drops Meowscarada may have, which (importantly) includes Burn, allowing it to help deal with Rotom-Wash. Thunder Punch also acts as a surprise factor that can very easily catch Flying types off guard.
Cinderace acts in a comparable way to Meowscarada, giving fast Fighting, Fire, and Flying coverage. whilst also having the added bonus of acting as hazard control by means of Court Change, which also gives me an excuse to not have to care about running hazards myself!

:sm/Mudsdale:
Übercharge (Mudsdale) @ Figy Berry
Ability: Stamina
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Body Press
- Earthquake
- Sleep Talk
- Rest

Mudsdale Explanation: Stamina is an ability that boosts your Pokémon's Defense stat stage by 1 every time you get hit by a damaging move. And they gave the only Pokémon with Stamina access to Body Press. So, you can tank physical attacks without breaking a sweat, and then use that hefty Defense stat as its attacking stat. The addition of Fighting tera also allows Mudsdale to tank typically threatening moves such as Meowscarada's Flower Trick and Rotom-Wash's Hydro Pump with relative ease. I also run Rest Talk on Mudsdale as a means of sustain without the normal weaknesses of Rest. Rest Talk also keeps statuses such as Burn (particularly from Rotom-Wash) and Sleep from taking Mudsdale out of commission, with its Figy Berry increasing the margin for error.

:sv/Kingambit:
Sharpness II (Kingambit) @ Leftovers
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Brick Break
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

Kingambit Explanation: Kingambit acts as a good last Pokémon, due to its high Attack and HP, in addition to Supreme Overlord. Swords Dance, Iron Head, and Sucker Punch are fairly standard moves for Kingambit, with Swords Dance boosting its already ludicrous Attack, and Sucker Punch and Iron Head acting as potent STAB, with Sucker Punch partially alleviating Kingambit's Speed issue. However, I'd moreso like to explain why I picked Tera Fighting and Brick Break. Tera Fighting allows Kingambit to tank quite a few Ground or Fighting type attacks that would normally just murder it, with Brick Break acting as very helpful (and consistent) coverage for the likes of Iron Treads, Garganacl, Hydreigon, and other Kingambit without needing Kingambit to be Terastalized (unlike Tera Blast).

:xy/Sylveon:
Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hyper Voice
- Tera Blast
- Psychic
- Calm Mind

Sylveon Explanation: Pixilate is currently the only ability in SV that changes moves' typing, so I wanted to make use of that as well as I could. Hyper Voice gives good STAB that also bypasses Substitute, Leftovers and Calm Mind give Sylveon extra sustainability against special attackers, and Psychic acts as good coverage against Poison types and other types that resist Fairy. In addition, Tera Fire + Tera Blast gives Sylveon an answer to Steel types without having to waste a turn switching Cinderace/Mudsdale/etc. in (which clearly telegraphs the situation to the opponent, letting them react), as well as potentially serving as extra (albeit slightly worse) Hyper Voice PP when not Terastalized.

:sv/Zoroark-Hisui:
Sylveon (real) (Zoroark-Hisui) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Illusion
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Bitter Malice
- Flamethrower
- Hyper Voice
- Psychic

Zoroark-Hisui Explanation: Honestly, this is kinda a filler slot (with a bit of "New Toy Syndrome"), and is the mon I am most willing to replace. As you likely know, Ghost/Normal is a good typing defensively, only being weak to Dark. Ghost also acts as a good offensive typing, especially in the context of my team, which tends to lose to Skeledirge in particular. Bitter Malice acts as a great Skeledirge repellant (albeit a dead giveaway to the Illusion), forcing most Skeledirge sets to either switch out, die, or Terastalize. In addition, Flamethrower acts as coverage, with Hyper Voice and Psychic being fairly decent
Focus Sash is admittedly a bit of a gimmick item, but it helps guarantee that it lives a hit (assuming no hazards), which can be invaluable in some situations, especially given Zoroark-Hisui's relatively poor bulk.

Also, what kind of team would this even be? I don't think quite think "I had an aneurysm over the course of this whole generation so far" is an accepted "genre" of team comp.

Just my 2c, but... While an expert belt is nice for the option to switch moves, you may have better luck using a choice band since meow is so fast. Uturn would also give you some much-needed pressure. And for cinderrace if you don't want an item because of acrobatics, give it a berry to be used up. Could help you in a pinch and provides a similar role to no item.

You may also find it better if you give your sylveon wish for reliable recovery or swap it over to be a bulky spdef since that's what your team seems to be lacking the most.

Mudsdale seems fun.

Just my 2c, but... While an expert belt is nice for the option to switch moves, you may have better luck using a choice band since meow is so fast. Uturn would also give you some much-needed pressure. And for cinderrace if you don't want an item because of acrobatics, give it a berry to be used up. Could help you in a pinch and provides a similar role to no item.

You may also find it better if you give your sylveon wish for reliable recovery or swap it over to be a bulky spdef since that's what your team seems to be lacking the most.
I see where you're coming from, but I personally don't like running choice items because I like being able to switch moves with the situation. I have considered U-turn, though, but it hasn't really been much of a priority to me.
(The only Pokémon that I've started running a choice item on (with intent of actually using the choice item) is Gen 8 Raboot (with scarf), because it's just slightly too slow and there's no other speed increasing item aside from that one berry, which comes with inconsistencies, especially on a mon as frail as Raboot.)

For Cinderace, I don't run like a Berry or something because it causes inconsistencies due to Cinderace's fairly poor bulk, plus, if I want to use Acrobatics, it's typically against something that would be going for an Earthquake/Headlong Rush (so mainly Tusk), that would normally OHKO. Then again, I could use whatever the Ground equivalent to the Yache/Chilan/etc. berry is called, but again, it's a bit inconsistent.
Funnily enough, I used to run Normal Gem on Raboot in Gen 8 OU, but that was pre-nerf, so I wasn't stuck with the Normal type. I also tried Normal Gem Giga Impact Meowscarada, but that just refused to OHKO and leaves you incredibly vulnerable.

And for the Sylveon, I do feel like Wish could definitely benefit it, so I might try it at some point unless I forget.

I see where you're coming from, but I personally don't like running choice items because I like being able to switch moves with the situation. I have considered U-turn, though, but it hasn't really been much of a priority to me.
(The only Pokémon that I've started running a choice item on (with intent of actually using the choice item) is Gen 8 Raboot (with scarf), because it's just slightly too slow and there's no other speed increasing item aside from that one berry, which comes with inconsistencies, especially on a mon as frail as Raboot.)

For Cinderace, I don't run like a Berry or something because it causes inconsistencies due to Cinderace's fairly poor bulk, plus, if I want to use Acrobatics, it's typically against something that would be going for an Earthquake/Headlong Rush (so mainly Tusk), that would normally OHKO. Then again, I could use whatever the Ground equivalent to the Yache/Chilan/etc. berry is called, but again, it's a bit inconsistent.
Funnily enough, I used to run Normal Gem on Raboot in Gen 8 OU, but that was pre-nerf, so I wasn't stuck with the Normal type. I also tried Normal Gem Giga Impact Meowscarada, but that just refused to OHKO and leaves you incredibly vulnerable.

And for the Sylveon, I do feel like Wish could definitely benefit it, so I might try it at some point unless I forget.
While I understand the disdain for choice items (I was the same way), using them correctly will for sure boost your win ratio since the damage/ speed output saves lives. But that's really up to you and your play style.

And for reference:
252 Atk Libero Cinderace Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Great Tusk: 264-312 (71.1 - 84%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Libero Cinderace Zen Headbutt vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Great Tusk: 192-228 (51.7 - 61.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 Atk Great Tusk Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Cinderace: 344-408 (114.2 - 135.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

If you're worried about tusk, acrobatics isn't the way to go since you're also sacrificing an item. However, what might work is willowisp for predictions. Just some food for thought..

That Mudsdale, however, I will for sure be trying it out in the future. Or something like it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)