Battle Stadium Hisuian Zoroark Offense

So to preface this: I haven't tried to make a team in 5-6 years (since gen 7), and this is my first "proper" attempt at getting back into competitive since then. I was excited about Hisuian Zoroark being usable in gen 9 and wanted to try building a team around it.
This team is built around the offensive synergy between Zoroark and Lucario, with ghost/fighting having almost perfect neutral coverage save for opposing Hisuian Zoroark, and their other moves and teammates filling in the gaps. Lucario was chosen over other fighting-types for its hidden ability, justified: the idea is to trick the opponent into thinking Lucario is Zoroark, getting them to hit it with a dark-type move and give it a free attack boost.

Great Tusk @ Booster Energy
Ability: Protosynthesis
Level: 50
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP/4 def/252 sp. def
Careful Nature
-Rapid Spin
-Earthquake
-Close Combat
-Knock Off

To start off, a lead: I figured the team would need some kind of hazard removal, since damage amounts from stealth rocks could clue the opponent in on what is and isn't a Zoroark, and hazard damage would also break Chien-Pao's sash. Aside from that, Great Tusk is a solid bulky attacker meant to eliminate early-game threats: knock off is specifically for air balloon Gholdengo, but can be used to cripple item-reliant opponents as well. Earthquake and close combat are for pure damage. Something else I'm considering is running brick break over close combat in order to counter opposing screens, at the cost of damage.

Rotom-Wash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP/244 def/12 sp. def
Calm Nature
-Volt Switch
-Trick
-Thunder Wave
-Hydro Pump

Rotom-W is a bulky pivot meant to bring in the team's more defensively fragile attackers at the end of a turn without risking damage or breaking Zoroark's illusion. Choice specs give the option of a more powerful volt switch, or using trick to cripple a physical set-up sweeper or a support mon. Hydro pump is for STAB water coverage. Will-o-wisp is the standard here and I did strongly consider using it, but I think the team (especially Lucario) is in need of some speed control, so I decided on thunder wave instead.

Hisuian Zoroark @ Life Orb
Ability: Illusion
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 4 HP/252 sp. atk/252 spe
Timid Nature
-Shadow Ball
-Flamethrower
-Focus Blast
-Nasty Plot

The center of the team, and one of the two main sweepers. Shadow ball for STAB, flamethrower for coverage, focus blast for even more coverage and to take advantage of its fighting tera type. I decided on a life orb to boost damage over the heavy-duty boots since the team has reliable hazard removal. Nasty plot is present to take advantage of a potential free setup turn from illusion. Other moves I'm considering are grass knot, tera blast, or hyper voice over focus blast.

Lucario @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 4 HP/252 atk/252 spe
Jolly Nature
-Close Combat
-Earthquake
-Bullet Punch
-Extreme Speed

The team's other sweeper, meant to cover the opponents that Zoroark struggles with. Choice scarf is meant to help with its poor speed, but I'm not sure if extreme speed and bullet punch might already be enough, in which case it could be replaced with a band instead. Close combat is used for strong STAB damage, and earthquake for coverage.

Chien-Pao @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sword of Ruin
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 4 HP/252 atk/252 spe
Jolly Nature
-Swords Dance
-Sucker Punch
-Icicle Crash
-Crunch/Psychic Fangs

Since both of the team's main sweepers have poor defenses, I thought a strong revenge killer would work here. Chien-Pao is meant to come in if one or both of the sweepers faints, set up swords dance, and sweep. Sucker punch and icicle crash are for STAB, and Crunch provides additional STAB for mons that may not use attacking moves, but I'm also considering using psychic fangs since the team lacks coverage for opposing fighting-types.

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP/172 def/84 sp. def
Bold Nature
-Spore
-Giga Drain
-Foul Play
-Clear Smog

Partially used because it's a strong defensive support to finish off the team, and partially because I needed something that resists fairy. Spore will be used to force out opponents who could threaten the team's attackers, mostly as a backup to Rotom's thunder wave or for things it can't hit. Giga drain extends Amoonguss's longevity, with foul play as another attacking option, and clear smog to punish setup sweepers who could otherwise threaten the team.

This team was originally meant for doubles and may still be better in that format, in which case I would run rage powder and pollen puff on Amoonguss, replace Zoroark's nasty plot with protect, replace Lucario's choice item and run protect on it as well, and possibly make some other changes. If this turns out to be better in doubles I may also run Incarnate Tornadus over Great Tusk, assuming it gets defog with the DLC, for prankster tailwind and hazard/screen removal.
I would really appreciate any advice for this team in singles or doubles, thanks!

Well, at a glance I'd say change great tusk's nature, max careful seems like it'd be for AV. But without AV, you get little out of buffing a low stat through nature.

Well, at a glance I'd say change great tusk's nature, max careful seems like it'd be for AV. But without AV, you get little out of buffing a low stat through nature.
Thanks for the advice, I'll probably either change Great Tusk to an assault vest or keep the booster energy and change the set to be more offense-oriented.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)