Historical RMTs

Sapientia

Wir knutschen
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I was thinking about Articels about past gen teams, which had big impacts on the metagame.

So my first idea was Baris' Team Nosferatu which didn't get the recognition it deserved considering it's effects on the DPP OU metagame. So the idea was to explain the team like a normal RMT, but also say something about how it influened the metagame and other stuff

While I definitely think our focus should be on current stuff, I do like the idea of occasionally spotlighting historical teams / battles. Having something like that every few issues could be kinda cool imo.

Real quick, does this have any tournament relevance? Ideally this should still keep with the general Competitor theme of tours, so this team being used successfully in tourneys (maybe an old log or two if you can find them) would make it pretty solid. If not, this gets a little murkier and probably more Smog territory.

Interested in what other staff think, though.

jake

underdog of the year
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I actually really like the idea of historical ones, especially teams that made a major tour finals or similar. I wouldn't even mind doing a current one + older one in the same issue, so long as they have distinct differences and maybe a separate title (something akin to "Blast from the Past - Featured Historical Team" but preferably less stupid). It could settle in as a sometimes-featured type of article, like Jelli said.

Do agree that we should try to aim for those that are tournament related, but I also like the idea of featuring teams that might not have had as much success but brought specific tournament sets to light. I'm too unfamiliar with DPP and the era back then to confirm if this is the case for that user's team, though.

Sapientia

Wir knutschen
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Sorry for posting a bit late, wasn't at home during the weekend and forgot about this :x

The team I mentioned was not really tournament related, but it led to the ban of Deoxys-S in DPP OU. Don't know if that's enough, but there should also be teams, which made appearances in major tournaments.

Sorry for posting a bit late, wasn't at home during the weekend and forgot about this :x

The team I mentioned was not really tournament related, but it led to the ban of Deoxys-S in DPP OU. Don't know if that's enough, but there should also be teams, which made appearances in major tournaments.
If this team popularized a lesser-seen broken Pokemon, that's pretty fly. I'd still like to see something about Deo-S's successful use in tournaments in that case, but I'll let Zebraiken weigh in some more before deciding anything on that.

If you have other, tournament-related teams from the past, those could still fly as well (especially if you have logs / replays to go along with them.) The overall concept is cool, regardless of if we go with this specific team or not~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)