National Dex Heracross Webs; Peaked 1619 on Ladder

Good Evening Smogon, I recently decided to make a trek to Top 500 on the National Dex OU ladder. I'll show you the team I used to get to that point.

C449965D-00D7-4AEE-AE6A-08FC667FF238.jpeg

(Sorry for the bad gxe, I don't even have 150 games in NDOU.)

The Team is: Here

868926F2-2386-4640-BA9D-E5657227D31E.gif

RAY (Shuckle) @ Mental Herb
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Encore
- Final Gambit

Of Course, we'd need a lead to get the ball rolling. Shuckle is definitely the best Webs lead, due to a built in Focus Sash and the ability to stop set-up, as well as use Final Gambit for Free Chip + Momentum. It's just a standard webs lead, nothing special here.

E5FA5149-48F4-4623-A0CB-26948D50F8E1.gif

Senator Armstrong (Heracross) @ Heracronite
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 32 HP / 232 Atk / 24 Def / 220 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Rock Blast
- Substitute

This thing is a beast under webs. Substitute eases prediction and can even let Heracross pick up another KO if it's able to. The EVs allowed the beetle to keep it's Sub intact against Landorus-T's Earthquake, and it's also able to outspeed Adamant Bisharp. After one Swords Dance, Heracross' attack is over 1000, meaning it can quickly spiral out of control. CC and Rock Blast hit nearly everything for at least neutral.

A64CCC18-4B69-4772-8C03-6A71CB499E11.gif

Sundowner (Serperior) @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Substitute
- Glare

Serperior is a natural staple on webs; It's able to punish defog and can provide speed control against Flying Pokemon that are lured in, such as Mega Charizard. (Both Forms) It can even beat those one on one if you get lucky enough with the Paralysis. Hidden Power Fire Crushes Ferrothorn, which can be a bit annoying for this team.

DB17E851-4A63-4262-B884-4DDBBFA2E4A7.gif

Monsoon (Thundurus-Therian) (M) @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

After a Nasty Plot, Thundurus is nearly impossible to stop without priority. At +4, you're able to possible One Shot Chansey with All-Out Pummeling. BoltBeam coverage is excellent for this fast threat, and Focus Blast hits things that resist both Thunderbolt and HP Ice, such as Magnezone.

5159F463-74B4-4942-97CB-1A0B96D52125.gif

Jetstream Sam (Bisharp) @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Bisharp is a second defog deterrent, as Defiant gives it a Free SD if you switch into a Defog. Everything is Standard Here, SD 3a with Max Max evs. Iron Head helps against this somewhat Fairy weak team. Sucker Punch is helpful priority against faster threats.

C3277C21-805E-4B47-99F6-C74CCFF30DF0.gif

Mistral (Tapu Lele) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 80 HP / 212 SpA / 216 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Nature's Madness
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Assault Vest Tapu Lele is a powerful attacker that can eat a (Special) hit if need be. Psyshock and Moonblast provide helpful coverage in a situation against a Pokemon such as Volcarona. Nature's Madness can put Corviknight into a rough spot, and HP Fire can punish things such as Mega Scizor who used Bullet Punch as you switch in, or Ferrothorn that think they can wall you.

That's all for today, and until I see you next time, goodbye.

Is Nature's madness good on lele? I feel like you can do enough to Corv w/ t-bolt. Also, run misty seed for a SpD boost, not AV. Cause it can't be knocked off fwiw.

NMadness is for anything that needs chip, so it's pretty free to click. Also, I'm not changing AV. I haven't needed to switch my lele into any knock off, and AV lets me take hits consistently instead of staying in to keep the boost, since it goes away when I switch.

Giyu

Tomioka
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon
Is Nature's madness good on lele? I feel like you can do enough to Corv w/ t-bolt. Also, run misty seed for a SpD boost, not AV. Cause it can't be knocked off fwiw.
Nature's Madness does way more than that, it chips down Tapu Fini, Heatran, and Ferrothorn severly and allows Lele to cause pressure against fatter teams. AV is a lot more reliable than MIsty Seed due to it being consistent since AV lele acts as a pivot and does a better job switching into Greninja and other special attackers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)