Help a Competitive Noob out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey folks! First time posting in the forums. (So if this is in the wrong place, no worries if it's taken down).

So I'm a pvp hound in just about every game I play, and HOLY CRAP is pokemon deeper than I gave it credit for. I've played since Red/Blue but never really delved into the competitive scene until Sword/Shield. I learned about EV/IV/Natures/Abilities and feel like I have a good grasp on how those interact.

Where I need y'alls help is I'm having a hard time knowing HOW to choose which Pokemon to put together. It seems like you have to have an encyclopedic knowledge of previous metas in order to know which pokemon to go with. I don't like to use legendaries (haven't since the Red/Blue days), and I really want to make Scizor and my new Charizard work together. (Also, I have a basic understanding of hazards/speed control/breakers, etc. but I could totally use some advice on the thought process behind putting them together)

All of that to say I put these pokes together for typing reasons and I BELIEVE they complement each other well, but if any of you mega-brains have some time and wants to give me some pointers, I'm all ears. (I'm still planning moves/abilities, but am I even on the right track here?)

Scizor

Charizard

Tyranitar

Amoongus

Dragonite

Gengar

Last edited:
Idk that much but tyranitar seems like a bad pairing with dragonite since you’d break your own multiscale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)