move 2: U-turn
move 3: High Jump Kick
move 4: Swords Dance / Sucker Punch / Court Change
item: Heavy-Duty Boots
ability: Desolate Land
nature: Jolly
evs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Desolate Land Cinderace can abuse its powerful STAB, great Speed tier, and pseudo-Water immunity to turn into a fast pivot. High Jump Kick allows Cinderace to hit non-Protect Garganacl and Kingambit that run an immunity to Cinderace's Pyro Ball. Swords Dance turns Cinderace into a late-game win condition when its checks have been removed, while Sucker Punch can pick off weakened faster foes like a weakened Greninja or Meowscarda. Court Change is a nicher option on more offensive teams that appreciate the hazard control it provides. Slower but powerful breakers like Zoroak-Hisui and Rotom-Wash appreciate Cinderace bringing them in with U-turn and threatening their switch-ins like Blissey and Earth Eater Kingambit; in return, they can break down Cinderace's switch-ins like Garganacl and Dondozo. Cinderace is often forced out by faster Pokemon like Chien-Pao or Kilowattrel, so Pokemon that can switch into them, like Corviknight and Roaring Moon are greatly appreciated.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Heracross2.0, 414072]]
- Quality checked by: [[username1, userid1], [username2, userid2]]
- Grammar checked by: [[username1, userid1]]

Last edited:

Hera

Make a move before they can make an act on you
is a Social Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
PUPL Champion
I assumed it wasn't gonna happen since OPulse got banned. If you need me to revise it for DesoLand then I can do that later today.

UT

Roaring 20s, tossing pennies in the pool
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Appeals + C&C Lead
imo Desolate Land is still worthwhile; if you're happy to write it, great.

If you'd rather pass on it, I can lock and archive this thread.

UT

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Appeals + C&C Lead
Heracross2.0 any update? We have had someone else ask about taking it over, and if you're not interested I want to release it to them.

LordBox

you should love yourself... NOW!
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Some small notes I'd like to add about the analysis that could be considered:
  • I don't think Sucker Punch should be a mandatory move, if anything HJK is more of a mandatory move for hitting important targets like Garganacl, WBB Kingambit and giving Ace a chance at breaking Corv. Sucker can hit weakened faster offensive mons but the damage is really pathetic (252 Atk Cinderace Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Greninja: 49-58 (17.1 - 20.3%) -- possible 5HKO) so I don't think it should be given priority over what HJK can do.
  • Will-O-Wisp/Court Change could be possible slashed moves for the 4th slot and mentioned as they provide fairly nice utility, especially Court Change is nice as an alternate form of hazard control unblocked by GaG in this current meta on a mon that isn't insanely passive or exploitable.
  • I think MGLO set could be slashed here and mentioned, item and ability, as it works similarly enough to HDB Desoland Cinderace (potential breaker, fast offensive pivot with some decent utility) and the LO giving a boost to HJK is pretty relevant for things like Garg (and also no recoil from Protect on HJK) and lets Ace break WBB Corv with an SD on the switch-in.

Alexender

i'm doing good, i'm on some new shit
is a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Some small notes I'd like to add about the analysis that could be considered:
  • I don't think Sucker Punch should be a mandatory move, if anything HJK is more of a mandatory move for hitting important targets like Garganacl, WBB Kingambit and giving Ace a chance at breaking Corv. Sucker can hit weakened faster offensive mons but the damage is really pathetic (252 Atk Cinderace Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Greninja: 49-58 (17.1 - 20.3%) -- possible 5HKO) so I don't think it should be given priority over what HJK can do.
  • Will-O-Wisp/Court Change could be possible slashed moves for the 4th slot and mentioned as they provide fairly nice utility, especially Court Change is nice as an alternate form of hazard control unblocked by GaG in this current meta on a mon that isn't insanely passive or exploitable.
  • I think MGLO set could be slashed here and mentioned, item and ability, as it works similarly enough to HDB Desoland Cinderace (potential breaker, fast offensive pivot with some decent utility) and the LO giving a boost to HJK is pretty relevant for things like Garg (and also no recoil from Protect on HJK) and lets Ace break WBB Corv with an SD on the switch-in.
These are really good points which would be great to have reflected in the analysis. Heracross2.0 would you be able to add these (including adding Magic Guard and Life Orb to the abilities and items) and add LordBox under the QC credits? Thanks, we'll QC after this has been done.

Hera

Make a move before they can make an act on you
is a Social Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
PUPL Champion
These are really good points which would be great to have reflected in the analysis. Heracross2.0 would you be able to add these (including adding Magic Guard and Life Orb to the abilities and items) and add LordBox under the QC credits? Thanks, we'll QC after this has been done.
Implemented all but the Wisp and MGLO mentions, the former is too niche to warrant a slash imo and the latter is its own set that can be written up and I feel that adding a line about it would be unnecessary.

UT

Appeals + C&C Lead
add remove conjecture
[SET]
name: Heavy-Duty Boots
move 1: Pyro Ball
move 2: U-turn
move 3: High Jump Kick
move 4: Swords Dance / Sucker Punch / Court Change
item: Heavy-Duty Boots
ability: Desolate Land
nature: Jolly
evs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Desolate Land Cinderace can abuse its powerful STAB its powerful Pyro Ball, great Speed tier, and pseudo-Water immunity to turn into be a fast pivot. High Jump Kick allows Cinderace to hit non-Protect Garganacl and Well-Baked Body Kingambit that run an immunity to Cinderace's Pyro Ball. Swords Dance turns Cinderace into a late-game win condition sweeper when its checks like Garchomp and Well-Baked Body Corviknight have been removed, while Sucker Punch can pick off weakened faster foes like a weakened Greninja or and Meowscarda. Court Change is a nicher option on more offensive teams that appreciate the entry hazard control it provides. Slower but powerful wallbreakers like Zoroak-Hisui Lucario and Rotom-Wash appreciate Cinderace bringing them in with U-turn and threatening their switch-ins like Blissey and Earth Eater Kingambit; in return, they can break down Cinderace's switch-ins like Garganacl and Dondozo. Cinderace is often forced out by faster Pokemon like Chien-Pao or and Kilowattrel, so Pokemon that can switch into them, like Corviknight and Roaring Moon, comma are greatly appreciated.

[CREDITS] new format
Written by:

https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/heracross2-0.414072/
Quality checked by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/lordbox.611238/
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/ut.523866/
Grammar checked by:

https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/user5.104/

QC 2/2! Consider Lordbox's a stamped check as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)