SV OU Hatterene+Gambit Trick Room Core (ft. NU) [top482]

Hello, I would like to share the first team I had a bit of success with in DLC2 OU that I had quite fun with too, around :hatterene: and :kingambit: (and that carried me to top500).
Please share some feedback and advice in order to improve it even more!

:diancie: + :hatterene: + :porygon_z: + :ditto: + :serperior: + :kingambit:

To be honest, it all stared with Diancie, a Pokemon I'm fond of that I don't see too often in the meta :
Diancie_-_Film_17.png

Diancie @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Serious Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Encore
- Diamond Storm
- Body Press

I took the RU set, and switched the sp.Def investment into Defense in order to have immediate bulk and power.
It can shake off hits from Gauging Fire, Weavile, non-Tera Volcarona, Roaring Moon, Iron Valiant, Darkrai and other threats, and hits back decently well afterwards. She can also become a wincon with Tera Ghost once all other ghosts of the team are KO'd (it's also a great way to reverse the match-up against dark types and punish their nerve with a body press + to prevent an IronPress Zamazanta sweap).
Encore can help against "defensive" set-up users in order to boost then damage them alongside them.

Diancie doesn't like hazards cause no boots and no recovery. Hatterene comes in clutch:
325.png

Hatterene @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 1 Spe
- Trick Room
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psyshock
- Mystical Fire

Only fairy hitting mon of the team (I couldn't add another one), that's why I decided to ditch calm mind for trick room, which in the right conditions makes it a fearsome cleaner.
Mystical Fire is very useful against Gholdengos/Kingambit switches. Psyshock 3hko Glowking.
I don't get why it doesn't have Moon Blast.
1 IV speed helps outspeed opposing trick room Hatterene (and when under TR I hate speed ties anyways).

My team didn't have much immediate power, that's why I needed a nuke.
640px-Porygon-Z-DP.png

Porygon-Z @ Choice Specs
Ability: Adaptability
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Tri Attack
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Managing to put him in the field equals nb_opponent_mons--.
I get in a lot of 50/50 situations with him sadly, that I usually lose, but once there's no ghost/steel left, or mons that outspeed him, it's over.
He has a nice speedtier that let's him outspeed all the <=300 mons (Great Tusk, Hamurott, Rillaboom,...)
Sadly, he isn't fast enough to fully benefit from trick room, but he's slow enough where against HO/sun teams, getting a trick room will mean he outspeeds all opposing mons.

My team was weak against priority, set-up mons, grass types, ice types, ground stabs, water types and especially ghost types. Ditto helped bolster by defenses on all these fronts.
Ditto_Number_1.0.jpg

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
IVs: 30 Atk
- Transform

Some games are won only thanks to Ditto transforming into the opponent's ghost type.
Tera Fairy aliviates the sun match-up as it can bait dragon mons into dragon type moves and hit back with all its might.
Full hp in order to harness its ability the best possible. Choice Scarf cause I hate speed ties.

4 Pokemons in, and I still didn't make much use of TR. Serperior fixes that issue.
l496et7q6dwa1.jpg

Serperior @ Room Service
Ability: Contrary
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Leaf Storm
- Glare
- Dragon Pulse
- Tera Blast

Room Service raises Serperior's speed under TR, which means that once TR is over Serperior boasts great speed, great coverage and Glare.
Tera Fire flipping the weakenesses helps tank one hit under TR as well as to brush off priorities like Ice Shard.
Tera Fire also helps getting something to hit non-Heatran steel types, and transforms Serperior into a potent wincon.

Rounding up a team with Kingambit can never go wrong, so I did just that (with min speed in order to benefit from TR)
ed113164c48313e4e493c67d52ef1e31.png

Kingambit @ Choice Specs
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Grass
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Dark Pulse
- Flash Cannon
- Steel Beam
- Grass Knot

Is there anything left to say about Kingambit that hasn't been said already?
He's good, can even check his own check (:great_tusk:) in the right circumstances.
He's clutch thanks to Supreme Overlord that buffs his offensive stats to obscene levels.
In a nutshell, he's Kingambit.

Some replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2072088512 (vs Sun team : :ditto: sweep)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2072030394 (vs Sticky Web : :hatterene: sweep)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2072067576?p2 ( :diancie: sweep)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2072041159 (:kingambit: and :serperior: sweep)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2072061856 (vs Heil : :serperior: sweep)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2072077593 ( :ditto: clutch)

Last edited:

VicBossMG

MGS enthusiast
is an official Team Rateris a Tiering Contributor
Some suggestions maybe try:

Kingambit @ Life Orb
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Fighting
Quiet Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Steel Beam
- Grass Knot

As it gives you more room to hit things while not being locked into one move and focus blast vs opposing gambits and vs Heatrans with a few fallen it hits quite hard!

For Diancie:

Diancie @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
Tera Type: Water/ghost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Relaxed Nature
- Iron Defense
- Trick Room
- Body Press
- Moonblast

Can try this set and use it as a late game clean up if needed and if gholdengo is gone and can have that added fairy coverage and potentially sweep vs a team of physical attackers and finish any who try to Tera out of body press likr ghost and hit them with moon blast. Preferred Tera is ghost, but water vs walking wake potentially.

But team looks fun and hope you find the changes to help you,climb higher!

IMG_0143.jpeg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)