Harry Potter-The Epic Book

There is one thing I must say: The fifth book was by far the most epic Harry Potter book I have ever read. The movie... it sucks balls. I just hate it.

If you want information/trivia overload then Wikia's often the best place for that.

My book order is 5 > 3 > 7 > 2 > 6 > 4 > 1. Or something like that. 5 > 3 > others > 1 definitely. I also read the Quidditch book. Forgot what it's called. Also the movies are terrible cash-cow crap.

On the ending complaints: Well, Harry vs Voldemort is pretty anticlimactic, but... is there another sensible alternative? Voldemort was basically evenly matched with Dumbledore, both being far above any other wizard ever, probably. Additionally, Avada Kedavra is Instant Kill No Questions Asked, and Voldemort already got past its only counter. The only easy solution to this IS a technicality. The whole point of it is that Voldemort is killed by his own arrogance. He doesn't understand how Harry could evade him continually even after Dumbledore died, which is the only reason Voldemort can come up with. His inability to understand friendship becomes the end of him in his final confrontation, where it becomes a severe impediment even to his intelligence and logic, while Harry, despite his comparative lack of intelligence and logic, comes in with complete confidence at his guaranteed victory. That entire confrontation is irony of the cruelest sort, where everything goes wrong for Voldemort because of his inability to understand love, where Harry might as well have been Voldemort (and vice versa) in terms of duelling ability.

I'm not saying that it was the best ending that JKR could have come up with, nor am I saying that I necessarily liked the ending. It is sort of a let-down. But I acknowledge that everything was leading up to it, and it's mostly consistent. I don't know about Molly, though.

Well, who doesnt want a huge duel between Harry and Voldemort with spells here and there.
The technicalitiy was pretty boring. But it had to happen

I'd have to rate the books as following:
3: I thought JKR did a great job of explaining some of the background of Harry'd parents. Also, Sirius Black is awesome and is introduced here.
4: Tri-Wizard tournament + Quidditch World cup and a ton of interesting plot twists (I wasn't expecting the whole Mad-Eye fake thing) really made this book great.
5: I have to say, this was probably one of the most infuriating books I read, what with Umbridge and the Order and Sirius getting OHKO'd, well it gave me plenty to think about.
7: Say what you want about the ending, I thought the last book was excellent, closed most of the loose ends, and was a good change from another year at school.
1: Where it all started. In hindsight, it seems really short and bland, which can be accounted to JKR still thinking up the whole universe. Still, this was the book that got me hooked.
2=6: Last place is a tie between books 2 and 6. Neither was really good or bad, but both were lacking. 2 felt like filler, with Voldemort's past self attacking instead of furthering the current situation. 6 seemed to be more of a pre-Hallows book, as it had so many cliffhangers and questions, didn't feel like a complete book.

As for the movies, I haven't liked any of them really, with the exception of #3. Even though it deviated substantially, I felt they pulled it off remarkably well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)