Entertainment Hang out in the Orange Islands

Status
Not open for further replies.

deinosaur

now available in lowercase
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The Orange Islands forum is a place for people who love to play the games. We've always played Battle Frontier together and raced each other in speedruns or Rival Challenges. In February, after seeing many Let's Plays on YouTube of a bunch of friends getting together to play games, I posted a thread called "Orange Islands Plays!" which was a bunch of people from the Orange Islands getting in one Skype call to play Pokemon together. It was fairly successful until IRL events caused me to become inactive and the project more or less fell apart. Recently, Stellar, Mekkah, and I have started running what is known now as Orange Islands Hangouts, which utilizes Google+ Hangouts to allow all players to stream their point of view at the same time, as apposed to Skype only allowing one stream at a time. This article would be about moving from the old OIP setting to the hangouts, the previous hangouts, and the hangouts to come. It will let users know that there is something really cool going on in Orange Islands for them to come be a part of.

There have already been several hangout sessions, both planned and impromptu, as well as many future planned hangouts for OI users. The article would also talk about the other uses of the hangouts, such as watching players do their streams and for streaming personal Let's Plays (my current one or Rodan's, for example) with a live audience.

If you need me to specify, change, add or remove things from the article, I'd be happy to. Thanks for your consideration!

This would be solid. OI needs more positive influences like this right about now, as the quality has been on a horrible spiral by and large. Also, Deino's a funny kid and writes well, so I'm sure it'd be great~

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Yep! This is approved. Go post in WAWD whenever you'd like. Please note that this is cleared for Issue #28; this won't be in time for the next release.

deinosaur

now available in lowercase
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Thank you very much! I'm not really sure what happens to a thread after approval, so I'll just leave it here and let some mod take care of it. c:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)