NU: Staxi vs. Oathkeeper

Tenacious Tyranitars (0) vs. (0) Vaporized Vaporeons
Ubers: corvere vs. ILoveMashing
OU: shiloh vs. Siatam
OU: robjr vs. hellpowna
OU: vani vs. Rubyblood
UU: avarice vs. Real FV13
NU: Staxi vs. Oathkeeper

All matches must be played in a best-of-one format and replays are required. The deadline is Sunday, December 11th, at 11:59 PM GMT-5.

Last edited:
Ubers: corvere vs. ILoveMashing❤ Corvere is an OG GSC Ubers player and layed against the best of the best.
OU: shiloh vs. Siatam Siatam is one of the most consistent OU players though Shiloh also gave 3 of the top OU players in the pool a run for their money so it's anyone's game. I might favor Siatam.
OU: robjr vs. hellpowna Another potentially electrifying matchup but I think hellpowna will take this home. Mans been on fire.
OU: vani vs. Rubyblood two equally strong players. I think Vani will be the one to get 4-2.
UU: avarice vs. Real FV13 Upon inspection it seems to me like this will be a competitive match which is refreshing given how sleeptalk-centric the current state of the metagame is. Both have done well in this tour and RealFV already won once against Avarice. I believe that Real has shown to have more tools in their arsenal by successfully using a diverse number of builds and winning their games through multiple strategies. That's not to say avarice can't win (I mean, Radiohead song names are also very powerful and must be respected), but I give the edge to their opponent. avarice just a suggestion, use names after the In Rainbows album for your next bout.
NU: Staxi vs. Oathkeeper I think the edge goes to Oathkeeper I think.

I give the edge to vaporeons but it seems like it could be close. I hope for a tie so we can get another hype week.

2/6

Last edited:
Habláis de Corvere o Avarice como si fueran los mejores jugadores de GSC , que nivel Finals ni nada. Primero que superen a FV y luego que lleguen a finals, no entiendo como Corvere ha llegado a Finals si FV es mucho mejor. Saludos. Y no se como vani ha llegado a gscpl primero que FV ha der ser por que no le ha tocado a Nalorium de compañero y eso que el las predicts de FV le dan mil vueltas a las de vani con solo ver como pega sus buenos ice beam into freeze.

Semifinals Tiebreaker

:gs/tyranitar:
:gs/vaporeon:
Tenacious Tyranitars (2) vs. (0) Vaporized Vaporeons
GSC OU: shiloh vs. hellpowna
GSC UU: vani vs. Real FV13
GSC NU: Staxi vs. Siatam

The deadline for the Semifinals Tiebreaker will be Sunday, December 18th, at 23:59 GMT-5.
Good Luck!

Tenacious Tyranitars (0) vs. (0) Vaporized Vaporeons
GSC OU: shiloh vs. hellpowna
GSC UU: vani vs. Real FV13
GSC NU: Staxi vs. Siatam

Last edited:
Thanks for the good games. I can't say that I watched any of last year to be able to compare (yes, I was the T.O. lol) but the quality of these matches were great. I want to get a second look at them but for now the predictions to the segment I wanted really bad: Tie breaker

Controversial and highly opinionated predictions
Each of these games are going to be very interesting to watch in my opinon, very competitive and perhaps close.

OU: shiloh vs. hellpowna
UU: Vani vs. Real FV13
NU: Staxi vs. Siatam
The Tyranitars went with what worked best for them this round and decided not to change their lineup aside from GSC UU. If anyone knows him, they'll tell you that vani doesn't owe his success to OU alone, but his proficiency in multiple tiers of GSC. I respect the choice the team made, not only of putting their leader in the tiebreakers but also deciding that tournament experience can be the right tool they will need to beat Real FV13, this tournament's top performer in UU. Vani played along and against lots of experienced UU players, so we'll see his fight IQ be put to use here. Real FV13 , despite being upset about their own performance last game, showed that even in a moment of difficulty they are able to identify their outs and attempt to outmaneuver an opponent by patiently clawing their way back, a skill you only find out that you have when your back is against the wall.

Staxi , is an equally knowledgeable player with lower tiers and though I know them more as an Ubers player from last year, this looks like a solid pick for what otherwise might be the team's weakest tier. Staxi is clearly eager to run it back after the loss this week and for those cheering him on, they can only hope that this confidence boost will be what he needs get the W in NU.
On the other hand the Vaporeons made a very curious move for their lineup, unforseen even. If you asked anyone in the OU circle who is a step above the rest, a number of them would say Siatam . It's undeniable the force of nature he represents and how he managed to make it all the way to top 3 in this year's GSC Invitational. However, GSC PL fans know that he's not a one trick pony either, being the first in the history of the tour to win once in 3 different tiers in GSC PL I.

But it all seems to make sense if we consider that hellpowna , a rising star from Italy, has his back. The fact he's doing so well is only slightly less surprising because he got really deep into GSC Cup and proved it wasn't a simple fluke by taking a game off Soulwind in GSC for the Smogon Classic (pretty convincingly). This and the fact that shiloh from out of nowhere just took down some of the biggest OU folks this season, which can only be seen as a major career upset by many (back to back just took out Vileman, Siatam and Zokuru). Hellpowna, being the lighthearted and eager player he is, looking like your typical shonen anime protag, WOULD NEVER turn down an opportunity to face the opposing team's top performer.
I meant to keep OU for last because this is simply a matchup that anyone looking for rising stars simply cannot ignore (your welcome SPL managers). Hellpowna has shown in this and in other tours that he will try to pilot anything, either classic offense or stall or a
common build with a twist. My fear for him was that he might be too eager for the win to play a slow paced game but I might be wrong. Shiloh, in the games I've seen, though hasn't always brought the most optimized builds for widespread matchups, clearly has a lot of patience to be able to play out a long and drawn out game even on a losing end and just seems to have Siatam's number.

I don't know if I'll get these predictions right. I didn't want to explain why I think these players I bolded would win. I preferred to just highlight some of their strengths. It's very hard to assess the skill of players (especially with how risky it is to base oneself on tools so arbitrary like results) in multiple tiers when I can't say I've had the time to really look at each of their games.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)