NU: lax vs. Staxi

Iron Man Machamps (0) vs. (0) Tenacious Tyranitars
Ubers: Isa vs. corvere
OU: watashi vs. shiloh
OU: Mr.378 vs. airfare
OU: RealJester vs. vani
UU: crying vs. robjr
NU: lax vs. Staxi

All matches must be played in a best-of-one format and replays are required. The deadline is Sunday, January 1st, at 11:59 PM GMT-5.

Last edited by a moderator:

hellpowna

beware of coco
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
It's always disappointing losing, but this is part of the game, and we must accept it, as well as the right to admit and give props to our opponents. GGs tyra. I want to thank my managers and my wonderful mates for our incredible experience. I'm still convinced we had everything to win, but something went wrong, but we will bounce back next year! It's been a privilege to share moments with you all, and I hope we can keep in touch.
This is my first GSC tour after Cup, and I'm satisfied. GSC is so unique, and this started for fun. I could never imagine this would ever grow into a passionate relationship. I also want to thank some friends that made this run possible.
Oibaf, cherryb0ng : Without you 2 guys and your feedback, it would be impossible for me to play this tier.
sulcata : thanks for your advice after our matches; they immensely helped me. It was an honor playing against someone like you, a true GSC icon and a lovely person to interact with. Thanks for your time! Hope we can play again someday.
I started because I was going on youtube and watching the legendary match between the pirate and Gouki. If you started playing DP, you probably have heard of Earthworm .
The pirate that inspired a generation. I remember the days I was a little noob watching your battles on youtube and hoping, one day, to talk and play with you like every child is used "to dreaming" when they see their idols playing.
There won't be enough words to describe my gratitude to you.
Nowadays, there are no days where I don't annoy you to rate my GSC teams, and explain where I go wrong In battle.
Your words and advice meant and still mean a lot to me; your patience and wisdom are enormous. You are an incredible and genuine talent and one of the greatest ever. So, a sincerely big thank you, chief, from the heart.
GL both teams and may the best can win!

:tyranitar: :tyranitar: :tyranitar: :tyranitar:
:tyranitar: :tyranitar: :tyranitar: :tyranitar:

:machamp: :machamp: :machamp: :machamp:
:machamp: :machamp: :machamp: :machamp:
Congrats to both teams on breaking the spell of Vaporeon Premier League.

Fun facts: (there will be more in the future once finals are done)
1) This is the first tournament where Vaporeons have not made the finals through PO and the first tournament that the Raikous have not made POs directly into the finals. It is also the first tournament that the Vaporeons have not won (they just had to win this one and they would have had a custom avatar).

2) The Ironman Machamps have achieved a sky high record winrate before the playoffs of 0.73, having won 22 out of 30 games in the regular season, beating the second best winrate by a margin of 0.13. The second highest win rate of the season goes to the Vaporeons who won 18 out of 30 before playoffs, third to the Tyranitars with 15, tied for fourth are the Raikous and Death Scythes with 12 wins, and last the Wolverines with 9 wins out of 30 games played.

Of their 22 games, they won:
all 5 in Ubers = 1.0
all 5 in NU =1.0
9 out of 15 OU games =0.6
3 out of 5 UU games
= 0.6

resulting in a positive record across all tiers.

Their winrate is extraordinary even when compared to GSC PL II, with the two finalists in the Vaporeons and Raikous achieved 0.56 and 0.6 respectively.

2.5) Coincidentally, they are the best performing teams in Ubers and NU this season (100% winrate). They may be the only team not to have dropped a game in two tiers for the whole season, and perhaps the whole tournament.

3) Isa is the first player to go undefeated in 5 Ubers games of a single pre-playoff and is (currently) tied for highest undefeated record (5-0) for any given tier in GSC PL history. The other two players are Raichy (GSC PL II - OU) and Gilbert Arenas (GSC PL I - OU).

4) The Tyranitars have not managed to improve their winrate of .50 in the semifinals (if tiebreakers aren't counted). They have won exactly 18 /36 games in total of which:
4 wins of 5 are in Ubers = 0.8
8 wins of 15 are in OU = 0.53
3 wins of 5 are in UU = 0.6
1 win of 5 in NU = 0.2

They are tied with the Machamps for the second best record of the regular season in UU with 3/5 wins.
The Tyranitars have had one of the best Ubers lineups in the season, losing only to Isa. Together, Corvere and Staxi have won 4/5 games.

5) The Vaporeons have the best UU record pre-playoffs with 4 out of 5 wins, making a winrate of 0.8. Of this all 4 were won by Real Fv13 and the loss was of a teammate. Though RealFv13 is no longer undefeated in the tier this season, they have had the best results in UU.

OU Stats

6) Watashi from the Machamps and Shiloh from the Ttars are tied for the longest winstreak in OU at 4 games, with Watashi having a 4-1 W-L record and Shiloh having 5-1.
Hellpowna from the Vaporeons is tied in win to loss record with 5-1.
Vani (4-2 currently) and Watashi could however tie the number of wins.

Last edited:
Iron Man Machamps (4) vs. (2) Tenacious Tyranitars

Correct predictions 4/6. Final score 4 2
Ubers: Isa vs. corvere >> MUST WATCH Two skilled Ubers players. I have to watch this game. I'm a fan of both players and its not every day that you get to see top level GSC Ubers, and to have this in a finals. Isa is incredible and has arguably the best support in their captain to prep with. On the other hand, Corvere is also a solid player with and Vani also can be an invaluable support element for this tier.
OU: watashi vs. shiloh I am not sure how watashi played but I think Shiloh will do a good job.
OU: Mr.378 vs. airfare GSC Pl has not been generous with the iron man (the player, not the team). We'll see if in this game he gets to bounce back
OU: RealJester vs. vani I try not to weigh team innovations too much when considering how good a player is. To me Vani has been playing super consistently this gsc pl and judging on how most of his games went, he could easily have already been 5-1 or perhaps undefeated (there was some rng involving one of their losses). Not every game was perfect but he managed to be level headed to the point where even many poor matchups or slight missplays were more than compensated by his steady gameplan. Jester is a cool player and has some moments where he can make sudden and unexpected plays but I'm not super high on the teams used and the plays have not been favoring them greatly.
UU: crying vs. avarice Can't remember their games but they seem pretty close. I give a 0.01% edge to crying whom I believe will win.
NU: lax vs. Staxi I would have liked to see Staxi play the tiebreakers last week to gauge their aptitude in NU. Haven't seen them play in a while mostly because I haven't been paying close attention to the tier so much. Still Lax is an OG when it comes to the tier (at least in GSC PL) and their 3-0 wins against Estarossa, Clair (very solid RBY NU player though quite new to NU), and Oathkeeper is nothing short of impressive.

At the end of the day I will be happy to see either of these teams win. I think they both did an incredible job and it's refreshing to see teams other than the Raikous and Vaporeons in the finals.

Last edited:

Mr.378

The Iron Man of Ubers
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
GGs TTars you guys were definitely the best final opps for us to face. I'm very happy with how the third year of the Iron Man Machamps went. Even after our loss week 1 I could tell our talent would shine through and take the win and you guys made sure of it. Normally I dislike giving shoutouts in after any one tour but doing them is the only way I can do this team justice.

Fear Foat. I'm very glad you accepted my offer to assman for me and we go to do this tour. There isn't much to be said about you in GSC as your knowledge in ou doesn't leave much to be said. We had great synergy both in the metagames we can cover and creating an ideal environment for the team. You've been one of my biggest supporters and friends in my time playing GSC in tours and I am very glad to have had this tour with you.

lax I was very glad to see you sign up for NU again in this and to be able get you for it. I was impressed with your work in the tier when I drafted you in the first one and I wanted to have you again. This time you had much better support and were able to get the record you deserve. You are of course a very strong player and one I am always willing to team up with again (Though that goes for everyone here).

Isa You did as expected tbh nothing special. The fact that you not only went 6-0 but with how easily you did it says everything about the mastery you've obtained in this tier. 25k is what it costs to buy a tier as I knew this would happen the moment I secured you. You were an exceptional teammate on top of letting us start every week with a free win as well. We have invested in this tier for around the same amount of time and being able to team up for once was a refreshing experience that is hard to arrange bur doing it was well worth it.

watashi You were a force to be reckoned with in OU and I will NEVER know how I got you for 4.5k. You are one of the most efficient players in the game you load up our team you click buttons you win. Fear and I (mostly Fear) did part of your success, but a team is only as good as the player using it and there you are one of the best at using them to their fullest potential.

Nael222 Sorry you couldn't play as much as planned but by no means did you disappoint us. I'm glad I was able to get you in w5 as promised and you won then letting us sweep the week and show our strength before finals, so your effort was not for nothing! Just keep patient you are a good player with a lot of potential left at that.

RealJester Another player who I got for far less than they should have been. You've been doing great in GSC for a while now I wouldn't worry about one tour. Your activity was highly appreciated, and it was fun testing vs you and meeting you on ladder and I'll enjoy watching you progress in GSC from here.

Monai A GOAT sub for sure. You did great in the games you got to play and was great to have as part of our NU squad. It's been fun teaming up with you in both this and ppwc and I'm sure we will have more good tours together.

crying goat crying. Thanks for working with me and learning gsc uu from me for this tour. You're a great player and perfect fit for doing this with. Right as I noticed you sign up I thought having you UU had potential and you lived up to my expectations. We've teamed up 3 times in the last year and have 2 customs out of it and you've always played a good part in our Ws.

jonfilch Sorry I couldn't slot you during the tour again. All our main players were doing too well to disrupt their momentum. I'm still glad we got you though thanks for being a part of the team.

FNH The CEO of GSC NU. After last year this one was a large step up for you. Your efforts were a huge part of us going undefeated in NU for nothing and you helped keep our chat lively. Now maybe you can stop referencing your record in gscpl 2 LOL you made up for it.

BluBirD sulcata eden GOATs. Thanks for joining the cord and being VIPs for the winning team.

Overall I'm very happy with how this tour went. Third time is the charm, and this went as good as a tour could go. You could say the Iron Man spread Fear this time.

Congrats to Isa on the astounding record. Congrats to the Machamps

Thanks to Mr.378 for generously giving me the custom avy. Mighty generous of you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)