GSC In-Game Tiers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mid-Tier

Sudowoodo
-Availability: Just one, but its easy to catch and easy to prepare for.
-Stats: Its a rock type, so the stereotypical high defense and attack.
-Movepool: Great at the beginning, then it just drifts away from greatness.
-Power: Great at the beginning, mediocre twords the E4, below average in late Kanto
-Type: Being the first non-duo rock type has few advantages, like not being x4 weak to two common types
Match-ups: Good against Morty, Pryce, Clair, Will, Koga, Brock, Lt. Surge, Sabrina, Jasmine, and Blaine. Wow. Thats A Lot.

atsync

Where the "intelligence" of TRAINERS is put to the test!
is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon
I'll try another one.

Jigglypuff for low tier (regardless of game). It's sort of on the borderline of low and bottom but I think it's good enough for low. It's definitely below mid though because you have to put up with Jigglypuff, and it has a lot of competition for the Normal spot on your team (especially in Crystal), but it can evolve after the 4th gym and has access to the elemental punches and strong STAB options.

-Availability: Very early in Gold/Silver (route 46), though somewhat rare. Is obtained later in Crystal but still reasonably early (route 34).
-Stats: High HP helps its low defences, particularly when it evolves. Wigglytuff's attack stats are actually ok by 2nd gen standards and it can hit reasonably hard from both sides.
-Moves: In Gold/Silver it unfortunately lacks any offensive moves until lv. 9 and can do nothing except sleep things with Sing and use Defense Curl. Pound isn't all that amazing either. It learns Body Slam and Double-Edge later on, or it can learn Return through TM or Strength if you don't want to wait that long to evolve it (I wouldn't). It also learns the elemental punches. In Crystal it comes with Pound but it's weak.
-Power: As a Jigglypuff it will struggle, but as a Wigglytuff it can pull its weight. It won't be sweeping gyms but it can be turned to to take out particular things so it will contribute.
-Type: Normal has no resistances but only one weakness and an immunity (not a particularly helpful one though). It has great neutral coverage on most things which is nice for regular trainers and the elemental punches will cover most of what it can't hit.
-Match-ups:

Falkner: Neutral. Can beat Pidgey. It will struggle against Pidgeotto but Sing can help you out.
Bugsy: Probably won't beat Scyther unless it has Rollout already (it probably won't).
Whitney: Miltank is too much for it, though Sing can help guard against Rollout (it may die before it can use it though).
Morty: Only Gengar can actually hurt it directly. You only fear Curse otherwise. Just chip away with an elemental punch.
Chuck: Should be evolved by now (Surf to the Moon Stone in Tohjo Falls), though you can't do anything here.
Jasmine: Can hit her with Fire Punch. Won't sweep on its own but will contribute.
Pryce: Thunderpunch and Fire Punch his stuff. Basically the same as Jasmine.
Clair: Ice Punch her Dragonair. See Jasmine and Pryce.

Will: All of his pokemon are weak to an elemental punch. Just pick what you want it to beat.
Koga: Fire Punch is great for Forretress, Venomoth and Ariados. Probably should avoid Crobat.
Bruno: You can beat Onix but stay away from everything else.
Clair: Can hit Vileplume and Murkrow, and you wall Gengar bar Curse.
Lance: All of his pokemon are weak to an elemental punch though you won't solo him. Kind of the same as Will really, pick what you want it to beat (Dragonite and Gyarados are your best bets).

Lt. Surge: Neutral really. Fire Punch is nice for Magneton.
Sabrina: Same. Her pokemon are physically frail and are hit hard by a Normal STAB, but Wigglytuff won't like taking Psychic much.
Misty: Thunderpunch (but that is stopped by Quagsire).
Erika: Fire Punch/Ice Punch
Janine: This is almost identical to Koga......
Brock: Ice Punch/Thunderpunch
Blaine: Neutral match-up.
Blue: Ice Punch Exeggutor/Pidgeot/Rhydon, Thunderpunch Gyarados. Pick what you want to beat.

So yeah, basically Wigglytuff can't really solo anything but its movepool allows it to play a role in most of the important battles and normal STAB is sufficient for the average trainer. It is quite poor as a Jigglpuff though. For these reasons, Jigglypuff is low tier.

Caterpie-Mid tier
Availability-
Beginning. Caterpie can be found on route 2.
Stats-Average but useable. Butterfree has decent special attack, special defense and speed.
Moves-Average but quality. Butterfree does not get to exploit its bug typing. It does get a few good psychic move and the 3 powders very early on. Unfortunately, its only STAB move is gust. It does gain access to giga drain though that only becomes available after the Elite four. Most importantly, Butterfree gains flash which can be helpful.
Power-Decent. It can dent anything weak to psychic, like the ever abundant rocket ekans and koffings. It can put pokemon to sleep or poison them but needs over leveling to solo.
Match ups- Butterfree does not help against Falkner. Resists Bugsy well but does not get gust until level 28. Butterfree's status moves can always be useful in any gym battle. Butterfree can be used against Chuck and Bruno to exploit their psychic weakness.
Overall-Butterfree is a filler pokemon. Need poison to stall Whitney's Miltank? Or need sleep powder to catch legendaries? Butterfree is an early option to get a 2nd stage pokemon that does not require tms to be successful.

Spinarak-Bottom/Low
Availability-Beginning but only for Gold and Crystal. Spinarak evolves at level 22 which is decently early.
Stats-Middling, Ariados' best stat is 90 attack
Moves- Abhorrent. Spinaraks best move is poison sting until level 17 when it gets night shade. The only move it learns by level up over 20 BP is psychic at level 63. Leech Life is the only bug move it learns. However, most notably Araidos learns spider web which can trap the ever elusive legendary dogs (but then what will it do, poison sting?). Other pokemon out class it in this respect though. Through tm's Araidos learns dig, psychic, giga drain and sludge bomb. Sludge bomb would be great on Ariados, but even then it would lack coverage.
Power-Little. Night shade can do some damage, but it will be taking hits as it will 2HKO or 3HKO pokemon.
Typing- Poor, it doesn't have any outstanding resistances and can be dented by any other pokemon
Match ups-Spinarak is tough to use early on until it evolves but even then, Ariados won't be OHKOing Sunkerns in the national park with night shade anytime soon. Jasmine's steel types are immune to poison sting. There's no point in listing on the gym trainers because there is no possibly favorable match up between any gym leader and Araidos. However, Ariados is a spider so it automatically has cool points.

Zubat for Low tier

Availability: Early
Stats: Average
Movepool: Shallow movepool. No STAB moves except Wing Attack and Fly. No coverage options except Steel Wing
Additional Comments: Does alright versus Bugsy and Chuck, as well as Bruno in the Elite Four, and Erika in Kanto. Poor movepool prevents it from truly shining. Having to evolve by friendship can also be an issue, but isn't that bad.

Also, suggesting that Pokemon completely unavailable (Kanto starters, fossils bar Aerodactyl, Kanto legendaries) be listed in their own "Not In Game" tier

Darkmalice

Level 3
is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Cydaquil section doesn't mention that Dragon resist Fire but mentions every other type that resists it. Only really makes a difference against Claire and Lance, but they're two important trainers (especially Lance). Could also mention that Typhlosion can be taught the easy-to-obtain Thunderpunch, which helps it overcome its Water-type weakness (and actually makes it useful against Lance's Gyarados (but still fails against all of his other Pokes miserably, which is the main flaw with Cydaquil)).

atsync

Where the "intelligence" of TRAINERS is put to the test!
is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon
Well ok I'll stop doing shitmons.

Magmar for High tier because it is probably the best Fire type in the game if you don't pick Cyndaquil.

-Availability: Caught before the forth gym. It doesn't require too much leveling up. In Crystal you can get Magby before the 3rd gym but it requires luck to get the right egg and leveling.
-Stats: Good offenses and speed, which is what you want for in-game. Defences are good enough.
-Moves: It comes with Fire Punch! It can learn Thunderpunch (and Psychic later) - that's all you need. Notably, it can learn Thunderpunch sooner than Cyndaquil because Cyndaquil needs to be fully evolved to learn it.
-Power: Very self-sufficient, Fire Punch sweeps most of your average trainers.
-Type: Fire is a great attacking type and Thunderpunch complements it. It isn't really a good defensive type but it isn't important because Magmar sweeps easily.
-Match-ups: Beats Jasmine and Pryce, strong enough to help out against the fighting and ghost gyms. Not helpful against the dragon gym but does well against most of the elite 4. Basically the same as Typhlosion.

Zubat for Bottom tier

Movepool: Shallow movepool. No STAB moves except Wing Attack and Fly. No coverage options except Steel Wing
Additional Comments: Does alright versus Bugsy and Chuck, as well as Bruno in the Elite Four, and Erika in Kanto. Poor movepool prevents it from truly shining. Having to evolve by friendship can also be an issue.

Also, suggesting that Pokemon completely unavailable (Kanto starters, fossils bar Aerodactyl, Kanto legendaries) be listed in their own "Not In Game" tier
Bite is a good move that Zubat gets pretty early. As long as I got a zubat from dark cave I had no problem getting Crobat around 25 or so. Crobat has insame speed and was workable. I'm not sure if anyone else used him but I had decent success with him. Happiness isn't a problem if you don't let it faint and level him up from a low level.

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Bite is a good move that Zubat gets pretty early. As long as I got a zubat from dark cave I had no problem getting Crobat around 25 or so. Crobat has insame speed and was workable. I'm not sure if anyone else used him but I had decent success with him. Happiness isn't a problem if you don't let it faint and level him up from a low level.
I agree with this. I caught a Zubat at the beginning of my current Crystal run and it is surprisingly easy to raise and evolve. Bite, Confuse Ray, and Wing Attack, and Fly are really all Golbat / Crobat really needs to succeed. Like Gengar, it is a Poison-type and therefore isn't bothered a bit by Team Rocket, and fares well against Chuck (Wing Attack) and Morty (Confuse Ray + Bite flinch). It does learn Wing Attack a bit late though, at level 30. Mid tier at worst, definitely not bottom lol.

Suicune
Crystal: Top Tier
Gold/Silver: Low Tier

-Availability: Crystal - Caught late, but at a high level of 40. G/S - Suicune is a roamer, so it's very difficult to obtain.
-Stats: Fast and reasonably powerful. Gets STAB Surf. Extremely Bulky.
-Moves: Teach it Surf right off the bat. You can make it an HM Slave with Waterfall and Whirlpool. In Crystal, it gets Aurora Beam just one level after you catch it (helps deal with Clair), and Ice Beam from the move tutor after the Elite 4.
-Power: STAB Surf and good Special Attack, enough said.
-Type: Again, STAB Surf as well as only 2 weaknesses. Grass is covered by Ice Beam or Aurora Beam if you have Crystal.
-Pre-Kanto Match-ups:
Clair: Crystal - Aurora Beam handles her 3 Dragonair, but like many other Pokemon, it's not doing anything to Kingdra any time soon.
Will: Crystal - Aurora Beam handles Exeggutor and his 3 Xatu. Tanks Jynx's attacks while hitting it back with Surf, but you're probably better off using something else to wear it down faster. Laughs at Slowbro's attacks but is not doing much back to it either.
Koga: No exploitable weaknesses.
Bruno: Laughs at Onix (what doesn't?) and tanks physical attacks as always, but you're probably better off with Gengar.
Karen: Crystal - Beat Vilepume and Murkrow with Aurora Beam, Houndoom and Gengar (it's frail) with Surf; Umbreon is annoying, though.
Lance: Crystal - Aurora Beam destroys his 3 Dragonite, Surf kills Charizard and Aerodactyl; any partner with an Electric attack will kill Gyarados.

This is a prime example of the disparity between Crystal and G/S. Suicune is extremely effective in Crystal but is pretty bad in G/S due to its unavailability and lack of Ice Beam / Aurora Beam for coverage. Diamond/Pearl and Platinum have two completely different articles on-site and this should be handled the same way.

Zubat for Bottom tier

Additional Comments: Does alright versus Bugsy and Chuck, as well as Bruno in the Elite Four, and Erika in Kanto. Poor movepool prevents it from truly shining. Having to evolve by friendship can also be an issue.

I would disagree with Zubat as a bottom tier. It's probably mid-low tier. Golbat has decent defences and Wing Attack is a good stab move in game. Crobat becomes a pretty strong attacker, even if it is frail. I would say it's a much better option than the other flying types available at that point in the game (Hoothoot, Pidgey), and bite definitely gives it an edge and a use against Morty.

Also for Chikorita it should be noted that she matches up against Clair best of all the starters as far as I'm concerned. Feraligatr may have an ice move by then but Meganium with Light Screen is the best at stalling and chipping away at Kingdra.

I'll try another one
Girafarig for Mid- Tier

-Availability: Before Morty by going though Mt. Mortar
-Stats: Below Average
-Movepool: Relies on TMs for stong stab attacks such as Psycic
-Power: Not the best, but somewhat usable by grinding
-Type: Great, weaknesses include the usless Bug and almost non-existent Dark
-Match-ups: Spits Morty in the face, good against Chuck, ok aginst Pryce; good against Will, Bruno, Koga, Erika, Sabrina, Janine, and Blue.

Slugma for Bottom-Tier

-Availability: Route 16. Yeah. The one in Kanto.
-Stats: High Defense and above average Special Attack, but nothing else impressive
-Movepool: Acually not bad, but Learns Rock Slide at Level 43.
-Power: requires a lot of grinding before become useful, otherwise, its not going to sweep any Kanto Gyms.
-Type: Rock and Fire. Ok in-game, not anything impressive though
-Match-ups:Only Erika and Blaine, I'm sorry but everything else LOLs in its face.

Sorry, but Magcargo is my favorite pokemon, no idea why. It's just SO AMAZING.

Lapras
High Tier
Availability: Can be caught immediately after Morty, requiring Surf. Comes at a respectable level 20 (or 25, I forget), but can only be caught on Fridays in Union Cave.
Stats: Excellent HP, reasonable offences and defences, below-average speed.
Moves: Give it Surf immediately. Gets Ice Beam naturally, also has access to Body Slam, Confuse Ray, Thunderbolt, Psychic, Solarbeam, Earthquake, Strength and Whirlpool for HMs, and more.
Power: STAB Surf and awesome coverage off solid offences. What more do you need?
Type: Water is wonderful, but the Ice type hinders it, offering no benefits apart from STAB Ice Beam. However, Rock isn't a problem, Steel and Fighting are quite rare, slow Grass is generally covered by Ice Beam, leaving Electric as the main problem.
Pre-Kanto Matchups:
Chuck - Chuck wins easily, don't bother.
Jasmine - Steelix has Sunny Day, but you'll win against it easily. You can probably one-shot Magnemites with Surf too, if you feel like taking a risk.
Pryce - If Lapras has Thunderbolt (via tradebacks), this is curbstomped. If not, it's a bit of a war of attrition with Body Slam. You WILL come out on top.
Team Rocket - Vulnerable to Poison, but bulky enough to handle it, and powerful enough to deal with most mons, especially the Executive's Houndoom.
Clair - Watch out for the Dragonair's Thunderbolts. Ice Beam deals with them though, and Lapras is one of the few mons who can reliably stand up to Kingdra.

Will - Lapras can easily beat the Xatu and Jynx. Slowbro is a painful war of attrition without Thunderbolt, and Exeggutor is best avoided.
Koga - Lapras should win this pretty handily.
Bruno - Onixes are easy, but the Hitmons need to be avoided.
Karen - Murkrow and Houndoom are easy prey (watch for Sunny Day/Solarbeam though), Gengar is 2HKOd by Surf, Umbreon can't do shit, and Vileplume is slow enough to be Ice Beamed.
Lance - Lapras positively shines... Unless she gets Thunder'd.

Kanto matchups:
Brock - Lol
Misty - Lapras handles everything except Quagsire well (unless she has Solarbeam).
Lt. Surge - Don't kid yourself
Erika - Can go either way, depending on how fast Lapras is
Sabrina - Bulky enough to sponge Psychic and do reasonable damage back.
Janine - Lol
Blaine - Lol
Blue - Lapras can probably deal with Rhydon, Arcanine, Pidgeot and possibly Exeggutor. Gyarados if it has Thunderbolt too, and maybe Alakazam on a good day. So yeah, Lapras > Blue.
Red - Blastoise and Charizard are easily handled.

Avoiding Top because it comes mid-game and needs TMs/tradebacks for a lot of its best moves.

marilli

With you
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
Should the Eevee branch considered a different mon & get different points for each and every eeveelution, or should it get a single, generic score?

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think they should be divided by eeveelution. Each has its own strengths and weaknesses. For example, Espeon would be mid due to its raw power but pain in the ass evolution. Umbreon would be bottom due to its complete lack of power and pain in the ass evolution. The others are a bit easier to obtain and are pretty powerful themselves (this is just an example of their distinction, not me writing up Eevee).

I like doing these

Chinchou for Mid-Tier

Availability: Caught by using good rod in New Bark Town.
Stats: Not very offensive, but bulky
Movepool: Learns an ok STAB move level up; Spark. Also learns Hydro Pump and Surf.
Power: Like I said, not very offensive, but its so bulky it can get the job done.
Type: Great STAB moves that are mostly resisted by Grass types
Not High Tier because of lack of good electric moves and comes mid-game

Phanpy for High tier(Crystal)

Availability: Very Early, but a little difficult to catch
Stats: Good Health and average attack
Movepool: No STAB attacks learned upon early level up
Power: Can sweep entire teams right when it evolves...on a bad day.
Type: Trainers have alot of Flying types, but when you learn way too many normal moves, this shouldnt be a problem.
Not Top-Tier because of reliance on TMs early game.

I would disagree with Zubat as a bottom tier. It's probably mid-low tier. Golbat has decent defences and Wing Attack is a good stab move in game. Crobat becomes a pretty strong attacker, even if it is frail. I would say it's a much better option than the other flying types available at that point in the game (Hoothoot, Pidgey), and bite definitely gives it an edge and a use against Morty.

Also for Chikorita it should be noted that she matches up against Clair best of all the starters as far as I'm concerned. Feraligatr may have an ice move by then but Meganium with Light Screen is the best at stalling and chipping away at Kingdra.
I agree with this. I caught a Zubat at the beginning of my current Crystal run and it is surprisingly easy to raise and evolve. Bite, Confuse Ray, and Wing Attack, and Fly are really all Golbat / Crobat really needs to succeed. Like Gengar, it is a Poison-type and therefore isn't bothered a bit by Team Rocket, and fares well against Chuck (Wing Attack) and Morty (Confuse Ray + Bite flinch). It does learn Wing Attack a bit late though, at level 30. Mid tier at worst, definitely not bottom lol.
Maybe my frustration with grinding Zubat is showing, but I really can't see how something with a usable offensive movepool of 2-3 moves could be more than low tier, even if it's stats are good. Being a Poison-type is a good thing in a game filled with so many of them, but still, that movepool is inexcusably bad.

If you all really believe it deserves Mid tier, then ok. I'd lean more towards Low Tier myself

This is a prime example of the disparity between Crystal and G/S. Suicune is extremely effective in Crystal but is pretty bad in G/S due to its unavailability and lack of Ice Beam / Aurora Beam for coverage. Diamond/Pearl and Platinum have two completely different articles on-site and this should be handled the same way.
Diamond and Pearl have a different list than Platinum because Platinum added ~60 Pokemon to the regional Pokedex, greatly increasing the number of options. The availability of certain Pokemon earlier in Crystal than in G/S is the only real difference.

(also the on-site D/P tier list has a few Platinum-exclusive Pokemon on it, but I don't know who to tell to fix it :s)

I like doing these

Chinchou for Mid-Tier

Movepool: Doesnt learn any worthwhile electric moves level up(unless you count Spark)
Power: Like I said, not very offensive, but its so bulky it can get the job done.
I would actually count Spark as a notable move considering it gets stab. Bite is an excellent move with only 60 Base power especially if it gets stab. There are quite a number of pokemon that learn bite before level 20 that can solo with bite (ekans/arbok) so I'd say spark is pretty good.

Pineco Bottom tier
Availability -
Mid game, once you get the tm for headbutt
Stats- Decent attack, outstanding defense and poor speed
Power- Has great survivability but no form of recovery outside of rest. Unfortunately most of Pineco's level up moveset consists of recoil moves. Thus, visiting the Poke Center or using a lot of potions will be necessary to stay in for long journeys. It can do some damage with its 90 base attack though.
Typing- Arguably its evolved form packs one of the best defensive typing ever with only one glaring weakness that can be mitigated with rain.
Moves- Pineco has a small move pool that does not feature a single STAB move outside of pin missile via breeding. All Move learned in level up are normal type moves except for spikes. All non status moves learned by level are recoiling induced moves such as take down, double edge, self destruct and explosion. TM's can be helpfull through strength, return or even hyper beam. Forretress can also be a great user of curse as well.

Match ups
Unless explosion is your method of defeating the gym leaders, this pokemon doesn't offer much. You could abuse that with revives or attempt to use spikes with another roar/whirlwind user.

Maybe consider Misdreavus for low tier? It only needs one level to learn perish song and therefore wreck Red's Snorlax.

I like doing these

Chinchou for Mid-Tier

Movepool: Doesnt learn any worthwhile electric moves level up(unless you count Spark)
Maybe mention that you can get TMs for Rain Dance and Thunder around the time you can catch it. It does suck having to spend a turn setting up Rain Dance, but after it you have a real powerhouse. It's the best option if you don't want to rely on Spark.

Maybe consider Misdreavus for low tier? It only needs one level to learn perish song and therefore wreck Red's Snorlax.
Considering it's a rare find, nighttime only, hard to catch, and that it only has that one use (though that is a pretty good use, Red's Snorlax is a pain), I don't think that's enough to bump it up. It'd be more pratical to just raise a Gastly from the beginning.

Also, I have another contribution
Heracross for Mid/Low Tier

Stats: Above Average
Movepool: Shallow. No reliable Fighting-type STAB, and Megahorn comes at level 54, rather late.
Additional Comments: If you're lucky enough, you can find one right after getting the Headbutt TM. Learns little outside of Normal-type moves, but has great stats, and can power through things with Megahorn later on. Could potentially use Endure + Reversal, but that's not very practical.

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
Diamond and Pearl have a different list than Platinum because Platinum added ~60 Pokemon to the regional Pokedex, greatly increasing the number of options. The availability of certain Pokemon earlier in Crystal than in G/S is the only real difference.

(also the on-site D/P tier list has a few Platinum-exclusive Pokemon on it, but I don't know who to tell to fix it :s)
Fair enough, this is basically what Texas said to me on IRC. Still, there should be some obvious indicator to separate Crystal from G/S next to the Pokemon's sprite or something, because Suicune really is awful in G/S, almost deserving Bottom Tier. The movepool is expanded just perfectly and you can catch it without pulling your hair out. I don't need to elaborate on it further.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus

If you get me a list I can fix it in literally a couple of seconds

More!

Aipom for Low Tier

Availability: Mid-Game, but it's a little rare
Stats: Below-Average, just shy of Bad
Movepool: Notable level up moves include: Baton pass and Agility. Otherwise uses Tms to learn OK moves but not very good with a base 70 attack and 40 special attack
Power: Using normal moves for STAB will get a few kills mid-game but not much with its horrid bulk
Type: One of the better things about Aipom is that it's only weakness is Fighting, a rather uncommon type
Not Mid-Tier mainly because of low stats and a bad movepool. Typing is completely fine though.

Miltank for Mid-Tier

Availability: Mid-Game, can be caught before Morty
Stats: Bulky with below average physical offense
Movepool: With moves like Milk Drink and STAB Body Slam, it's movepool is average enough to stay somewhat valid
Power: Great against normal trainers, but not entirely useful in big battles...If only it was Whitneys Miltank..
Typing:Miltanks defenses are perfect for a normal type
Not High tier due to lack of diversity in its movepool and comes mid-game

If you get me a list I can fix it in literally a couple of seconds
Houndour, Rotom, and Togepi are exclusive to Platinum

Also NixHex, I agree entirely that Suicune is better in Crystal. It should just be listed twice, High (or top?) in Crystal, and Low (or Bottom?) in G/S

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
Top and Low, respectively. Suicine is nigh unavailable in G/S but at least if you're lucky you'll have a good Pokemon minus the movepool.

And more

Togepi for Bottom Tier

Availibilty: One, but I hatches from It's egg pretty early.
Stats: Bad, usable when it becomes Togetic
Movepool: Sadly it doesnt have any Special moves level up
Power: Barely KOing trainers has it's power reduced to almost non-existent
Type: Normal and Flying leaves it with one uncommon immunity and 3 weaknesses
Not Low Teir for lack of special attacks

Scyther for Mid-Tier

Availability: Incredibly rare, but if managed to be caught, It can be before Whitney
Stats: Has great stats for a NFE and manages to stay useful throughout the game
Movepool: The only usable STAB move it gets is Wing-Attack, but thats ok I guess.
Power: Can solo many trainers with high attack and speed
Type: Bug and Flying is of the less usable types in the game, with a weakness to rock, electric, ice, fire, and Flying

Scizor for High Tier

Availability: See Scyther and add a link cable and a metal coat.
Stats: Extremely high attack, Good defenses and Bad speed
Movepool: At a glance, horrible, but when STAB Metal Claw is combined with Swords Dance and Agility, its movepool becomes above average
Power: Only things needed are Swords Dance, Agility, Slash, Metal Claw to sweep everything in your path
Type: See Forretress
Not Top-Tier because of late evolution and bad speed

I seperated Scyther and Scizor because their base stat totals are the same.

Wooper for Low-Tier

Availability: Early, but only found at night
Stats: It's highest stat is Health at 95, what do you think?
Movepool: two strong STAB attacks Earthquake and Surf and a boosting move in Amneisa
Power: Not horrible against some gym leaders, but there's always a better option
Type: Water and Ground leave it with only one easily covered weakness, Grass
Not Mid-Tier due to low attacking stats. Note: Quagsire is an awesome HM Slave with Surf, Whirlpool, and Strength

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)