Votes: 60 30.0%
  • Daffodil

Votes: 7 3.5%
  • Orchid

Votes: 36 18.0%
  • Lilly

Votes: 23 11.5%

• Total voters
I'm curious about the Swampert, that's not a pokemon I ever see in SS OU. I feel like landorus-t fills the same role, is there a reason you chose Swampy over lando or somebody else?

I'm curious about the Swampert, that's not a pokemon I ever see in SS OU. I feel like landorus-t fills the same role, is there a reason you chose Swampy over lando or somebody else?
I think swampert was chosen over lando to check heatran better. Remember that earthquake's power is halved in grassy terrain, so lando has a hard time killing heatran. On the other hand, swampert can use high horsepower to kill heatran easily. Swampert is also grounded, so it gets grassy terrain recovery.

0 Atk Swampert High Horsepower vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 424-504 (109.8 - 130.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

0 Atk Landorus-Therian Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran in Grassy Terrain: 288-340 (74.6 - 88%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery and Grassy Terrain recovery

I think swampert was chosen over lando to check heatran better. Remember that earthquake's power is halved in grassy terrain, so lando has a hard time killing heatran. On the other hand, swampert can use high horsepower to kill heatran easily. Swampert is also grounded, so it gets grassy terrain recovery.

0 Atk Swampert High Horsepower vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 424-504 (109.8 - 130.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

0 Atk Landorus-Therian Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran in Grassy Terrain: 288-340 (74.6 - 88%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery and Grassy Terrain recovery
That makes a lot of sense. Swampert is also a really unique pokemon in this meta so I'm glad to see it getting some use. Thanks!

I would try if not torkoal give to victiny sunny day because of volcanic power of V-create just giving idea idk if its good idea :)

Victini @ Life Orb
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sunny Day
- V-create
- Zen Headbutt
- Bolt Strike

I think it would be powerful wall breaker

calc:
252+ Atk Life Orb Victini V-create vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex in Sun: 139-164 (45.7 - 53.9%) -- 47.7% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Victini Bolt Strike vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 179-213 (58.8 - 70%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Victini V-create vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Tangrowth: 432-510 (106.9 - 126.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Hello Pinkacross, I would like to post your team on the new french website of pokemon strategy : https://coupcritique.fr/.
I played a lot with your teams and i loved it so i would like to share this team with other french players.
Can you give me your agreement to post it with your name and this page in a link in the description of the team?

Thank you and have a good day!

ps: I replace bisharp by weavile in your team, he has beat up too but he's faster, i think that's a good idea.

Hello Pinkacross, I would like to post your team on the new french website of pokemon strategy : https://coupcritique.fr/.
I played a lot with your teams and i loved it so i would like to share this team with other french players.
Can you give me your agreement to post it with your name and this page in a link in the description of the team?

Thank you and have a good day!

ps: I replace bisharp by weavile in your team, he has beat up too but he's faster, i think that's a good idea.
Absolutely, feel free to post the team and translate descriptions all you like. :)

Pinkacross back with another banger team.
Gotta say, Grass Spam is insanely underrated rn, it's hard to go wrong with either setter, whether that be Bulu or Rilla, as they both have their advantages and disadvantages over one another, but regardless of which you use, boosting Kartana's Leaf Blade to high heaven will never not be terrifying.
I'm more of a Bulu guy on Grass Spam, but Rilla's cool too. Good job as always.

Looking to improve with a standard team:

I've been loving this team and have reached the mid1600s with it, but was wondering if anyone could link me to a standard Lando T team so I can improve my fundamentals. I've been feeling stuck and I think a possible reason is I've never used Lando T and don't think I have a grasp on why it's the best mon in the meta. So ideally, I'd love to try a standard BO team with Lando that has done well on the ladder.
(I say BO cause I don't think I'm good enough to use balance yet lol. I wanna get there when I get there)

I honestly have no idea how you can make so many teams that have gotten this high on the ladder. A couple questions though:
How long does it take you on average to make a team?
Has any of your teams failed badly?

I honestly have no idea how you can make so many teams that have gotten this high on the ladder. A couple questions though:
How long does it take you on average to make a team?
Has any of your teams failed badly?
Great Qs.

1. It takes about a week once I've got a good idea, but some have taken a month and some only a day.

2. Yes, about 95% of the teambuilding projects I attempt fail. I only post the ones that work.

Cool team, Pinkacross!

Just a question how does it beat Zapdos though? A lot of the mons seem to be hard checked by it and Swampert is already pressured to deal with Heatran and even so it only has Toxic/Yawn as reliable ways of dealing with it.

Cool team, Pinkacross!

Just a question how does it beat Zapdos though? A lot of the mons seem to be hard checked by it and Swampert is already pressured to deal with Heatran and even so it only has Toxic/Yawn as reliable ways of dealing with it.
Zapdos is definitely a big threat. However, the key is to Knock it Off with either Bisharp or Rillaboom, then force it in when rocks are up or bait it with Kartana. Wood Hammer from Rillaboom after SR 2hkos, as does Victini V create (usually) and Bish can also hit it quite hard and prevent Defog. Its not ideal but its the best we can do.

Zapdos is definitely a big threat. However, the key is to Knock it Off with either Bisharp or Rillaboom, then force it in when rocks are up or bait it with Kartana. Wood Hammer from Rillaboom after SR 2hkos, as does Victini V create (usually) and Bish can also hit it quite hard and prevent Defog. Its not ideal but its the best we can do.
hi pinkacross, i was wondering if you could make an electric spam team that is capable of dealing with the volt absorb thunderus therian and zeraoras

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)