Gen 3 Got a pokemon with 31 IVs in all stats!

Oops...

The topic pretty much explains itself. I got a starter from Fire Red that has 31 Ivs in all stats except attack. (Attack isn't perfect sorry.) This caught me by suprise! Isn't it almost impossible to get a pokemon with almost perfect IVs? It's on Emerald now. I need a movset and EV spread for him. Remember that I can't give him egg moves.

Blastoise @ Leftovers
Nature: Modest (Bold would've been better but...)
EVs: ?
Surf
Ice Beam
Empty
Empty

Yeah I'm not used to making movesets for Blastoise or other starters. Could someone help? Is it worth using him?

Breeding fodder for sure (kid is guaranteed at least 1-2 perfect iv iirc)
make sure you clone him too. you could use a sleep talk Set, or roar/toxic+rs+surf+ib

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Congratulations for being probably the first person to get all 31 IVs on a pogey (unless you hacked)

Clone it, and put it up on the trading board (it's in the Uncharted territory sticky)

No I didn't hack this at all. If I had a working Action Replay, I wouldn't have to EV train. I will probably trade when Diamond and Pearl come around. (Maybe not.)

It's a male. This is kind of ironic because Squirtle was my first pokemon ever back in Red and Blue.

(Sorry guys it turns out that his attack is kind of bad and his speed is a little off. I wasn't trying to get attention or anything. That's just what the IV calculator said last time I used it for him.)

Have you raised it before noting down its evs? If so, it will show higher stats in most areas due to the random distribution of evs its likely to have.

it's fine, you won't need the attack and speed isn't one of Blastoise's strong points anyway. it's still an awesome Blastoise.

congrats

Yes, I used the EV reducing berries before I did this. My question is why Blastoise? It's weird enough that he was my first ever, but I don't even know what situation to use him in. I wish it could've been Porygon2 or Sceptile.

Getting back to the moveset...

Some good ideas for blastoise moves is hard. As you may or may not know, blastoise's stats scream mediocrity in the face of milotic, suicune, etc in the standard metagame.

Anyway, for the moves in-game/link.
Rapid spin is nice. Spikes, leech seed, etc.
Protect is always a good filler.
Hydro Cannon, as hyper-beam-type moves don't require recharge if you kill with them.
Yawn is good, but you need to hope that the perfect DVs are transferred to a female squirtle, then kept after breeding with slowbro

Getting back to the moveset...

Some good ideas for blastoise moves is hard. As you may or may not know, blastoise's stats scream mediocrity in the face of milotic, suicune, etc in the standard metagame.

Anyway, for the moves in-game/link.
Rapid spin is nice. Spikes, leech seed, etc.
Protect is always a good filler.
Hydro Cannon, as hyper-beam-type moves don't require recharge if you kill with them.
Yawn is good, but you need to hope that the perfect DVs are transferred to a female squirtle, then kept after breeding with slowbro

This is one of the reasons I was mad about getting a good Blastoise instead of something else. I have no experience with him.

My question is why Blastoise? It's weird enough that he was my first ever, but I don't even know what situation to use him in. I wish it could've been Porygon2 or Sceptile.
it's all completely random, really. you don't have a choice what gets which IVs.

if you want to learn how to use him, just check out his guide here, though i don't know how much that'll help you ingame (almost everything works if you're not playing competitively... and yes, competitively includes battle fronteir, etc.). if you plan on using him competitively, the guide will be of much help.

THat was back in RBY, now Hyper Beams needs to recharge no matter what, and even if it was that way Blastoise won't be OHKOing many Pokemon with its Humble 85 SpA.

Of course I plan on using him competitively. I want to use him on battle revolution. I just don't know if he'll mix well with my Umbreon and Porygon2.

it's all completely random, really. you don't have a choice what gets which IVs.

if you want to learn how to use him, just check out his guide here, though i don't know how much that'll help you ingame (almost everything works if you're not playing competitively... and yes, competitively includes battle fronteir, etc.). if you plan on using him competitively, the guide will be of much help.
I know that it's all random. I just thought it was cool that he was my first pokemon too.

(Sorry for the double post)

I know someone who retired from Pokemon and actually bred a perfectly IVed Ralts, sorta took him ages. Not to rain on your parade or anything, congratulations!

That's great Mekkah! Do you remember the nature? If he retired, did he give it away? By the way Shichiro if your reading this, how many times do you have to change your avatar?!? lol.

i've changed it a few times today but i don't change it often really ;-)

/offtopic

also Mekkah that's amazing lol, must have taken him a shitload of time to breed one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)