Focus Blast, Acid Spray

Physical Coverage:
Earthquake, Power Whip
Body Press, Aqua Tail

Acid Armor
Rest
Protect

overview

Goodra is a niche, but extremely potent part of UU. With it's sky high special defense stat it's capable of taking on some of the strongest special attackers the meta has to offer. On a normal occasion, Goodra falters as a wall due to it's lack of reliable healing forcing it to run resttalk or assault vest in order to take repeated battering form special attackers. However, due to the prevalence of rain in the tier, Goodra can make fantastic use of it's lesser appreciated agility Hydration. Hydration under rain lets Goodra effortlessly tank essentially every special attacker in the tier and immediately heal 100% of it's health in rain thanks to Hydration curing it of sleep. It's mono Dragon typing helps it stave off and resist some of the strongest attacks flying around the tier, such as: Gengar, Magnezone, Armarouge, Sandy Shocks, Toxtricity, Rotom-Wash and even Espathra.
That being said however, Goodra is flawed for a reason. It's physical defense is underwhelming at best, and it's not extremely strong when it's offenses aren't invested. It can run a Choice Specs set to offset that, but it's a completely different Pokémon at that point, and arguably far worse as the tier has quite a few special attacking Dragons like Salamence, Hydreigon and Noivern.

In Short:
pros:
- special tank
- draco stronk
- hydration rest
-mixed
-phaser

cons:
- bad defense
- The opposing Floatzel used Wave Crash! Goodra lost 100%
- draco stronk but not that stronk
- reliant on rain
- tera fairy esp :(

Sample Sets:

Specially Defensive (Rain) (Goodra) @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 216 HP / 24 Def / 252 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Draco Meteor / Dragon Pulse
- Thunder
- Dragon Tail / Hydro Pump
- Rest

Assault Vest (Goodra) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sap Sipper
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 240 SpA / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Sludge Bomb / Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Choice Specs (Goodra) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Gooey
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam / Sludge Bomb
- Thunderbolt​

Last edited:
I usually run Goodra purely defensively, with Assault Vest, Draco Meteor, Tbolt, Icebeam and Earthquake.
Mostly using it as it can switch onto a Hydreigon and shrug off one Draco Meteor, while 0HKOing it in return with its own Draco Meteor.

I'm really amazed how versatile this mon is.

I usually run Goodra purely defensively, with Assault Vest, Draco Meteor, Tbolt, Icebeam and Earthquake.
Mostly using it as it can switch onto a Hydreigon and shrug off one Draco Meteor, while 0HKOing it in return with its own Draco Meteor.

I'm really amazed how versatile this mon is.
Do you run it defensive or special defensive?

Goodra is a great tank that can beat the vast majority of special attackers. Another thing is its actually very difficult to wall it due to its very wide movepool. It has Power Whip for Gastrodon/Quagsire, Fire Blast for Steel Types, Hydro Pump for Amarouge/Sandy Shocks, etc. It can even run a good Curse set is one of the best switch ins to grass types due to Sap Sipper. I have found great success with this beast.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)