Goodra @ Assault Vest
Ability: Gooey
EVs: 240 HP / 160 Def / 28 SpA / 4 SpD / 76 Spe
Bold Nature
- Acid Spray
- Sludge Wave
- Counter
- Draco Meteor

Goodra is a strong Dragon-type that even intimidates many Fairy-types. Most prominent Fairy-types are special attackers, so with its high Special Defense and Assault Vest, Goodra can handle many of them. Acid Spray is an incredibly powerful move despite its deceiving 40 Base Power, as it lowers the foe's Special Defense by two stages. Combined with Sludge Wave, it beats Primarina and Tapu Fini. Sludge Wave is also useful against Rillaboom, Tapu Bulu, and Whimsicott. Counter is an interesting move that beats Kartana, Urshifu, and Metagross by surviving a hit and KOing back. Finally, Draco Meteor's high Base Power beats Pokemon such as Spectrier, Landorus, Galarian Moltres, and Naganadel. Goodra struggles against Sylveon and Gardevoir, so Steel-type teammates like Steelix help handle them. It also prominently struggles versus Steel-types, so Fire-types such as Entei and Arcanine also make great teammates.

Last edited by a moderator:

Itchy

take all my data, what will you find?
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Be sure to implement this carefully. I'll want to look over this again, but I have confidence that I won't have to do a full check next time. This is a good start!
1663708155960.png

Goodra @ Assault Vest
Bold Nature
- Acid Spray
- Sludge Wave
- Counter
- Draco Meteor

Goodra is a strong Pokémon in 1v1, being it's a Dragon-type that even intimidates the Fairies many Fairy-types. Due to all the Most ehhhh azu exists so most is more appropriate prominent fairies Fairy-types hitting on the special side, so with Assault Vest, Goodra can handle many of them. add something short about Naganadel here bc the fact that Goodra casually bulks that is insane amplify it's already impressive Special Defense even further to better handle these foes. you had the right idea here, Goodra's insane spdef and av bring it notably good matchups into Fairy-types, just thought that this sentence was a bit too much of a run on. For the EVs, it maximises it's HP and invests in Defense for band Urshifu and it's Special Defense is to handle Naganadel. It's speed is for base 97s in which it utilises it's exclusive ability, Gooey to slow down the opponents and the rest is dumped into it's Special Attack. you don't need to explain the exact benchmarks all at once, just bring it up when it's important. I would say Gooey is not that important to mention at all, the defense can wait until you get to counter, etc. Acid Spray is an incredibly powerful move; despite it's () deceiving 40 Base Power, it lowers the opponent's Special Defense by two stages. (period) to better Combined with Sludge Wave, it counters maybe choose a different word since we will be talking about Counter as well, not necessary foes such as Primarina, Tapu Fini, Gardevoir, and Aromatisse and Custap Berry Sylveon I would rather not mention an unreliable matchup (sylveon as a whole) as an example. Sludge Wave is its main attacking move against opponents in which it cannot hit as hard with Draco Meteor such as: also useful against Gardevoir, Rillaboom, Tapu Bulu, and Whimsicott for some examples. Sludge Wave on its own is less important than Acid -> Sludge together, so this can be short. All right, just a bit long-winded is all Counter is an interesting move it can hold, allowing it to beat Tyranitar and Metagross also sometimes Urshifu, which is what the spread is designed for. I would like to see more about Counter if possible within the character limit (1000). Finally, Draco Meteor beats opposing Dragon-types such as Naganadel any other examples?. Though it tries to take on a variety of Fairies Fairy-types, it is safe to have an answer for sets such as Choice Specs Sylveon and other hard hitting fairies either mention another one here or remove this, rn this is just extra characters. It also prominently struggles versus Steel-types. Due to this, so you could run a Fire-type such as Entei or Arcanine to better handle them. I talked to smely and she said steels are also good with goodra (especially steelix). If you have space maybe include something about that? If not, no biggie

Itchy

take all my data, what will you find?
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
1663708155960.png

Goodra @ Assault Vest
Bold Nature
- Acid Spray
- Sludge Wave
- Counter
- Draco Meteor

Goodra is a strong Pokémon in 1v1, it's a Dragon-type that even intimidates many Fairy-types. Most prominent Fairy-types hit on the special side, so with its high Special Defense and Assault Vest, Goodra can handle many of them. From Assault Vest, it gains an incredible Special Defense increase which even allows it to bulk the likes of Naganadel. Acid Spray is an incredibly powerful move; (semicolon) despite it's (apostrophe) deceiving 40 Base Power, (comma) because it lowers the opponent foe's Special Defense by two stages. Combined with Sludge Wave, it beats Primarina, Tapu Fini, Gardevoir, and Aromatisse. Sludge Wave is also useful against Rillaboom, Tapu Bulu, and Whimsicott. Counter is an interesting move it can hold, allowing it to beat Tyranitar and Metagross. Using the EVs of 240 HP and 160 Defense it can also live a hit from Urshifu and then use Counter to hit it back. Finally, Draco Meteor beats opposing Dragon-types such as Regidrago, Dragapult and Hydreigon. As a teammate, you can run a Steel-type like Steelix to better handle Fairy-types such as Steelix. It also prominently struggles versus Steel-types, (comma) so you could run a Fire-type such as Entei or Arcanine to better handle them.

- as an aside: in case you don't know, you can reply to my message and edit in the post drafting box, makes this easier

- I know I told you to add the point about bulking Naganadel, but now that I see it, I think it interrupts the flow of this spotlight

- Might want to change "interesting" to something more active / surprising

- "The bulk / The physical investment" works fine since spotlights are more laidback than analyses

- AV and Haban Regidrago own you, Choice Band is faster (but not that common), Custap can run Outrage occasionally

- SubDisable and Choice Band Dragapult win so this is not reliable either

- Hydreigon is not really relevant enough to mention, especially not on its own

- Draco Meteor is more for neutral targets like Galarian Moltres / Spectrier / Landorus / random niche stall mons afaik, and also wins vs Naganadel

- The "bonk Fairy-types" sentence read like Steelix is a Fairy-type, but I think this is more clear. You can also use the space at the end of the sentence to put examples of Fairy-types Goodra struggles with.

1/1 after careful implementation - I'm available on discord if you have questions before this is off to GP

e: zo also had more comments in dms

Last edited:

UT

Roaring 20s, tossing pennies in the pool
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Appeals + C&C Lead
add remove conjecture
Goodra @ Assault Vest
Bold Nature
- Acid Spray
- Sludge Wave
- Counter
- Draco Meteor

Goodra is a strong Pokémon in 1v1, it's a Dragon-type that even intimidates many Fairy-types Goodra is a strong Dragon-type that even intimidates many Fairy-types. Most prominent Fairy-types hit on the special side are special attackers, so with its high Special Defense and Assault Vest, Goodra can handle many of them. Acid Spray is an incredibly powerful move despite its deceiving 40 Base Power because Power, as it lowers the foe's Special Defense by two stages. Combined with Sludge Wave, it beats Primarina, (comma) and Tapu Fini. Sludge Wave is also useful against Rillaboom, Tapu Bulu, and Whimsicott. Counter is an interesting move it can hold, allowing it to beat beats Kartana, Urshifu, (comma) and Metagross by surviving a hit and KOing back. It lives their hits and then uses Counter to hit it back. Finally, Draco Meteor using it's high base power beats Meteor's high Base Power beats Pokemon such as Spectrier, Landorus, Moltres-Galar Galarian Moltres, and Naganadel. As a teammate, you can run a Steel-type like Steelix to better handle Fairy-types such as Sylveon and Gardevoir Goodra struggles against Sylveon and Gardevoir, so Steel-type teammates like Steelix help handle them. It also prominently struggles versus Steel-types, so you could run a Fire-type Fire-types such as Entei or and Arcanine to better handle them also make great teammates.

GP 1/1!

GP Team done

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)