GG Godly Gift

ponchlake

cult of personality cult leader
Well I figured with my GG SSNL run coming to end (made it to r7 so for my first tour that is pretty freaking cool), I would not only make my first post in this thread, but dump some of the teams I consistently used so here goes nothing...lol...
Yoink. Your post idea are belong to us.
With the end of the GG SSNL, I've come to drop copious amounts of text onto the forum. This was my first ever tour and my first actual dive of competitive, so I'm happy with how I did to say the least. I'll make a team dump at a later date, because it turns out that it takes longer to make a post if you write a bunch. If only there was a solution to that, like maybe not writing like I'm trying to hit the word count for a dissertation.

UT - The Godfather. Sir UT. UnnerfedTaylorswiftstan. You convinced me to make a forum account, as well as welcomed me into the community when I was first starting off. I eventually got into competitive when I was just a ladder warrior no life-ing your OM's off of your encouragement as well. I'll just keep it short and sweet though and say thank you always for the sage advice and help you give me. Though I wrote a short essay for you that I will put in a spoilers brackt if you wanna read. I remember considering qutting Showdown again after the Revelationmons ladder ended. I always sorta brushed off your suggestions to try out AAA or GG since I wasn't too sure if I wanted to commit to learning them. I'm glad I did though. I wouldn't have gotten to meet the people in this community had I not. I owe a lot to you, sir UT. Thanks for helping me out and convincing me to stick with it even when I'd whine to you every single round about how I was going to lose when I first started.
I only ever came on Smogon/PS periodically a couple of times each generations cause I enjoyed messing around in the OMoTM's, but also because I have the attention span of a cinnamon coffee cake (can you guess what I'm snacking on). So as far as how it started this generation for me: I for some reason decided it was a smart idea to take all 5 of my classes for the semester on Tues/Thurs, which left me on campus for a whopping 8+ hours at time. I also had a huge 4 hour gap between two of my classes, meaning I had way too much free time. Like what is a man to do with all that free time? Do homework? No. I hopped on Showdown and smurfed the OMoTM ladders like a real alpha male. Gimme those points, boy. I kid you not I peaked on the Revelationmons ladder on 7 different accounts. I grew bored towards the end of the ladder's cycle and had more teams than I knew what to do with, so I figured I could try sharing them. I messaged UT on PS and he was incredibly friendly and helpful, helping me make an account and my post. Some time goes by with UT and I occasionally keeping in touch until the Nidoking/Nidoqueen suspects. He asked me if I wanted to try out GG and get reqs, and I was not particularly interested despite having so much free time. The part that convinced me was when he said I could get a cool badge on my forum account, and I was sold. I did the suspect test, and I got hooked. I'd later join the tour at UT's request and that was that.
kennukem - My boy, Ken. Buddy, we learned GG together. This was a collective W for me and you. Like we went from being horrendous at it to start... Wait.. This is supposed to be the part where I say we went from being bad to good. Uhhh... Anyways, I appreciate you helping me out as much as you do and playing with me as much as you do. Thanks for always indulging me my horrible (heat) ideas and helping me build them. I always enjoy theorycrafting and testing with you even when you channel the spirit of every Mega Millions Powerball winner in existence. I'm proud of us for doing as well as we did in our first tour. Thanks for keeping me interested in the tier even when I was feeling burnt out. Beyond just GG and Pokemon, thanks for being a great friend. I would have enjoyed it a lot less if I didn't have you along for the ride. Here's to more things in Gen9.

TPP - TPP the Goat. TPP(onchlakefan) the future GameFreak employee. You're welcome first of all for being put in my shoutout post. The absolute pinnacle of man has deemed you worthy to include you in his post. How does that make you feel? You must have had chills running down your spine I'm sure. Anyways, this was not a friendship I was expecting to make, but one I'm very fortunate to have. You've been one of the best friends I've made during my time here, and I appreciate you entertaining my crackhead team ideas and helping me build/test them. I always laugh my ass off talking to you, and it's such a blast playing our weird teams. It's some of the most fun I have playing. Thanks for being a great friend. You're the goat, man. I hope we get to do more of it next gen. I hope the WatchMojo and HEB jokes never end.
db.png
Who else but TPP runs Torment + Destiny Bond Froslass to kill your choice locked mon
Sniper Saving Private Ryan GIFs | Tenor
SIKE. You thought you could come around here without your helmet on, TPP?
Clastia - The Lord of Double-Switches and Mald himself. My guy, Clastia, double switches like he's playing in SPL finals in the 1100's of any ladder and then gets absolutely baffled when the 12 year old kid stays in. But seriously though, thanks for all the help and laughs. You and Ducky absolutely carried me when I first started. You're a cracked out player, and I don't know how you just make some of the god (borderline crackhead) reads that you do. I've had a lot of fun learning a lot of the OM's I tried out with you, and it was great teambuilding and playing friendlies. Thanks for always being a bro and always helping me out in SSNL and Camomons. I learned a lot from the friendlies and teambuilding sessions. Hopefully we get to do some cool stuff together in Gen9 as Revelationmons and Camomons council. It's kinda funny how we're both on the council for the OM's based on move order and typing. Not as funny as this though.

Ducky - Ducky the Goat. Goat Duck (if you say it fast enough, it sounds like Golduck). Buddy, I don't know how you put up with me. You've got to have a mental fortress to be able to listen to me get my timezone wrong so many times. I'm glad though, because I appreciate all the help you've given me with learning OM's. Like with Clastia, I've learned a lot because of you, especially when I first started out. Thanks for always putting up with me bugging you for testing and help with teams. Thanks for always encouraging me and being someone I can always count on to help with just about anything. Congrats on the success this year, and I know you'll do more kickass things next generation as well (assuming you keep me frying your brain cells to a minimum).

Siamato - Siamato the Chad. Siamato the [Redacted]. Chad Siamato. A bit out of place, but thanks for helping me get back into Camomons. I really appreciate the patience you gave me even when I barraged you with 20 questions a second. It might seem out of place to shout you out here, but you're the reason I stuck through with Godly Gift/competitive as a whole. I was feeling really burnt out as the tour progressed, and I was losing motivation to build and play. I was considering going to take my annual break from PS until you convinced me to sign-up for the Camomons tour. Relearning Camomons was a breathe of fresh air, and it helped me relieve the burnout I was feeling. Beyond just keeping me interested in playing, it helped me enjoy it again. That translated to GG as well since I feel like I do better when I'm enjoying myself. Thanks for all the help building and playing. You're the man, man.

astralydia - GOAT. It's in all caps this time too. You're probably the single biggest reason I was able to learn the meta and play/build the way I do now. Even though I'd get handed 8 straight L's on a silver platter when we played, I always had so much fun. Thanks for all the help you've given me with building and playing, as well as all the conversations and in-game banter. Thank you for taking the time to play 20 games with me and help me test and learn. It didn't feel like I was learning anything from losing so much at the start. Rather it felt like I hit a wall with GG, but I really learned to get over it with the help and experience I got from you. I don't think I stick around this long without your help. Thanks for carrying me. Please come back Gen9 so that you can hand everyone else fat L's as well. I'm also happy I was eventually able to bring Based Extremist into the tour as well (the finals no less).
Instruct - The goat of nicknames that I can't understand for the life of me but at least they sound cool. Instruct, you're one of the best builders and players in OM's. I'll fight you on that too. Thanks for always testing with me. It's always fun seeing and playing against the heat that you build, and you've been a huge influence and sour of inspiration for my teambuilding. I'm glad you've got your mojo as of late, and it's really cool to see and play against some of the cracked out stuff you come up with. I hope to see you back in Gen9 building more Heatah Fajita teams even if it's just in PiC. I'll miss some of your cool (yet confusing) nicknames though if you do retire from GG indefinitely. I'm always down to help you test if you decide you wanna give it another go.

in the hills ITH, thank you for the help and advice you gave when I first started, especially when I was struggling. You sent me a paste for an Yveltal team, and that single paste carried my teambuilding even until now. I told you I'd test it out, but I unfortunately did not do that for you. I apologize <: Like with Instruct, you were one of my main influences for teambuilding. I enjoyed seeing the really creative teams you'd bring, and I'm glad I got the opportunity to play you in SSNL. You're an amazing artist, and I'm looking forward to see you improve even further and make more banner arts in Gen9 (the PiC banner art is my favorite). Also, your fashion sense is the chefs kiss.

beauts - meooow. Beauts, thanks for carrying me in the latter half of the tourney. You're a hilarious person to talk to and cracked out of your damn mind in just about every meta you touch. Slight opposite of ITH where I started learning from you way later after I started. Similarly with Lydia, it felt like I had hit another wall and was slowly getting burnt out on Pokemon because of it, but the help and advice you gave really helped me to take it easy and focus entirely on having fun. Thanks for all the practice games and building. I've always had fun, and I've learned a lot. Like with ITH and Instruct, you've been one of my main influences for teambuilding. Though I think you might be one I draw the most inspiration from. Thanks for all of the help you gave with prep and helping me learn towards the latter end of the tourney. I'm glad I got to share the finals with you. I hope to see you making more cracked out teams in G9.

Also shoutouts to the US South OMWC Discord. I've mostly lurked in there, but I loved reading the chat as it was a great source of laughs and banter for me, as well as teambuilding inspiration. The Discord carried me through the bye weeks of the tourney where I had nothing to do and little motivation to do much of anything in PS. There's too many to name but you all are great. I'll give some specific shoutouts to friends or people I've got to meet as well. Thank you all for making my Showdown experience enjoyable. Sulo pannuracotta Dragonillis The Number Man Osake anaconja

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)