Other Metagames [Godly Gift] Comfey Dialga NP Glowking Balance

Glimmer

We own the night
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
:ss/rotom-heat::ss/dialga::ss/persian-alola::ss/comfey::ss/tangrowth::ss/slowking-galar:

Hi yalls! I'm back with some Godly Gift and am here to share one of my more recent teams that has proved to be decently succesful.

Teambuilding

:rotom-heat::dialga::persian-alola::ss/comfey::tangrowth::ss/slowking-galar:

First off decided to start with my offensive core, so I chose one of my favourite mons to use as of lately, Galarian Slowking.
Slowking has good bulk, special attack and movepool, and access to Nasty Plot, making it a really threatening wallbreaker and cleaner.
Second off is Comfey, a mon i haven't really used but has proven to be deadly with Leech Seed, Substitute and Calm Mind. Comfey only really has issues
with wearing down steels, so Slowking-Galar can also pressure said steels with Nasty Plot+Flamethrower.

:rotom-heat::ss/dialga::ss/persian-alola::ss/comfey::tangrowth::ss/slowking-galar:

Second step was choosing a god, and I went with Dialga. Dialga gets overshadowed by other midspeed strong gods because of it not having as much utility,
but Dialga seemed like a great fit here due to baiting steels like Heatran. I also added Alolan Persian in the process to give the team additional speed control and
pivoting capabilities.

:ss/rotom-heat::ss/dialga::ss/persian-alola::ss/comfey::ss/tangrowth::ss/slowking-galar:

Now to flesh out the defensive core. Tangrowth blanket checks a lot of special attackers like Kyogre and Tapu Koko, and Rotom-Heat gives the team a switch-in to the likes of Rillaboom, Victini and Kartana while giving the team Defog and momentum.

End result: https://pokepast.es/fbc91ecc4e684448

Team Showcase

:ss/rotom-heat:
Rotom-Heat @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog
- Overheat

Rotom-Heat has a good defensive typing and access to Defog and Volt Switch, making it non passive.
Since the team is weak against Fighting-types Will-O-Wisp was my preferred last slot, otherwise this is mostly a standard Rotom-Heat.

:ss/dialga:
Dialga @ Chople Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Draco Meteor

Dialga is a decent Stealth Rock setter that covers most Fire and Steel types that Galarian Slowking and Comfey can't deal with.
Chople on Dialga tries to bait Zamazenta-C and Zeraora which can generally win against Rotom-Heat by themselves in the long run.

:ss/persian-alola:
Persian-Alola @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Parting Shot
- Foul Play
- Switcheroo
- Gunk Shot

Fur Coat is a really good ability and Persian in Defense slot takes full advantage of it, pivotting with the absurd physical bulk.
This set tries to patch up the team being really slow and having little pivotting.

:ss/comfey:
Comfey @ Leftovers
Ability: Triage
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Draining Kiss
- Calm Mind

Substitute Calm Mind Comfey can wear down most of its checks in between Leech Seed and Calm Mind, and Substitute can stall out low PP moves from checks such as
Magma Storm from Heatran. This Comfey set focuses on giving it bulk to make the substitute harder to break.

:ss/tangrowth:
Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Earthquake
- Power Whip
- Knock Off

Grass is a really great defensive type in a metagame with Kyogre, Tapu Koko and Zygarde-10%, and Tangrowth takes advantage of it very well with Regenerator.
This is mostly a standard Tangrowth set, taking advantage of its extensive movepool to not be passive.

:ss/slowking-galar:
Slowking-Galar @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Flamethrower
- Psyshock
- Sludge Bomb

Galarian Slowking is a threat offensively that has great longevity and bulk, giving it the ability to win slower games this team is trying to win.
This set mostly focuses on switching in on things it threatens out and dealing good damage to its checks over and over again using Regenerator.

Threats

:ss/necrozma-dusk-mane::ss/heatran:
These two steels in particular give the team a hard time, Heatran can Taunt to prevent Nasty Plot, Calm Mind and Leech Seed from the breakers and NDM
can tank a hit then boost for free.​

UT

Old habits die SCREAMING
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Appeals + C&C Lead
Hey Glimmer, great to see another Godly Gift rmt! I do have some recommendations for the team.

The big change I want to consider is making this a Lunala team instead of a Dialga team. The main reason is this team has some pretty decently longevity, especially around Comfey and Glowking as wincons, and Lunala has much more staying power than Dialga does. Secondarily, I think a bulky Lunala spread could open up some other options with the HP slot and helps with your physical weaknesses. Lunala does make Alolan Persian a good bit less bulky, but I think that's worth the tradeoff to have another wincon and physical switch-in.

Your Heatran weakness can be pretty easily patched up by make Glowking Focus Blast instead of Flamethrower, turning that from a negative matchup into a positive. For NDM, as long as you preserve Persian, you should be in great shape there; Foul Play and Switcheroo are both full stops to the offensive sets.

Lastly, I think Heattom should generally be SpD, as it makes it a much more reliable Broko check. You should also decide whether or not you want to commit to min Speed for pivoting, or not min Speed to burn Lando and stuff. I usually vote not, but that's your call.

The only thing I don't love about my suggestions is it takes away your rocker; as I am sure you know, I think rocks are optional in Godly Gift, especially since your main wincon centers around setting up to infinity anyway, but you could consider Seismitoad over Tang if you really miss rocks.

Here is my updated paste, let me know what you think! Neat team!

Glimmer

We own the night
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
i have tested seismi before to make dialga specs, but it just didnt really fit the playstyle, ill definitely try lunala though thanks!

• Love
Reactions: UT

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)