BDSP Gliscor

Marnie

Leap of Faith
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributor
Social Media Head
:ss/gliscor:
Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 144 SpD / 120 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Roost
- U-turn / Knock Off
- Defog / Stealth Rock

After being denied entry to Galar throughout the generation, Gliscor has returned to BDSP OU with a bloodthirsty vengeance! Its unique defensive typing, insane longevity, and nifty utility options establish Gliscor as one of the best Pokemon in the tier, fitting nicely on various team archetypes, ranging from bulky offense to stall. U-turn gives a free switch to frail yet terrifying wallbreakers such as Weavile, Latios, and offensive Starmie that feast on Gliscor's switch-ins like Tangrowth, Slowbro, and opposing Gliscor. Alternatively, Knock Off removes Leftovers from the aforementioned Slowbro. Gliscor also provides entry hazard control as either a setter or remover, and it is one of the tier's best Defoggers due to its positive matchup against common Stealth Rock setters like Heatran and Jirachi. Additionally, once Toxic Orb is activated, it becomes a status absorber, allowing it to safely switch into Breloom's Spore and Heatran's Lava Plume. Teammates such as Rotom-W and Scizor forms a solid pivoting and defensive core with Gliscor, covering its crippling Ice weakness. The latter also appreciates Gliscor's ability to check Heatran and Magnezone.

Last edited:

adem

her
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
A lot of tang dont run Lefties anymore to check daunt, i would just mention Slowbro. Remove Blissey from the rocker list because most are running Ice Beam so glisc loses to it, just Heatran and Jirachi is already fine.

rest is good 1/1

dex

Give my perception as a handle of weapon
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
GP Check
blue = add
red = delete
green = comments

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 144 SpD / 120 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Roost
- U-turn / Knock Off
- Defog / Stealth Rock

After being denied entry to Galar throughout the generation, Gliscor has returned to BDSP OU with a bloodthirsty vengeance! Its unique defensive typing, insane longevity, and nifty utility options establishes itself Gliscor as one of the best Pokemon in the tier, fitting nicely in on various team archetypes, (add comma) ranging from bulky offense to stall alike. U-turn gives a free entries switch to frail yet terrifying wallbreakers such as Weavile and Gengar that feasts feast on Gliscor's switch-ins (add hyphen) like Tangrowth, Slowbro, and opposing Gliscor. Alternatively, Knock Off removes Leftovers from the aforementioned Slowbro. It Gliscor also provides entry hazard control as either a setter or remover, most notably being one of the tier's best Defog user and it is one of the tier's best Defoggers due to its positive matchup against common Stealth Rock users setters like Heatran and Jirachi. Additionally, Toxic Orb's activation enables it to become once Toxic Orb is activated, it becomes a status absorber, allowing it to safely switch into (remove space between "in" and "to") Breloom's Spore and Heatran's Lava Plume. Teammates such as Rotom-W and Scizor forms a solid pivoting and defensive core with Gliscor, particularly covering for its crippling Ice-type weakness. The latter also appreciates Gliscor's ability to check Heatran and Magnezone.

1/1, kinda weird that the sentence about knock only mentions bro and not opposing Gliscor, but the character crunch is real.

Marnie

Leap of Faith
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributor
Social Media Head
1/1, kinda weird that the sentence about knock only mentions bro and not opposing Gliscor, but the character crunch is real.
Was initially planning to mention something along the lines of “..and opposing Gliscor greedy enough to switch in before their Toxic Orb has activated” but it gets too wordy and I cant for the life of me trim it down significantly, and yeah lotsa text already so had to cut em :psywoke:

Thanks for the GP check! (Will update the OP later tonight)

Marnie

Leap of Faith
Social Media Head
Hey adem (or other QC members)
With Gengar's ban, do I just remove its mention completely (and just let it be Weavile) or replace it with something else?
Thank you :smogduck:

Edit: Planning to change it to 'Choice Specs Latios' instead, let me know if it works

Last edited:

Lalaya

Banned deucer.
Hey adem (or other QC members)
With Gengar's ban, do I just remove its mention completely (and just let it be Weavile) or replace it with something else?
Thank you :smogduck:

Edit: Planning to change it to 'Choice Specs Latios' instead, let me know if it works
just Latios should be fine, since while Specs is the most used set, its not the only one :heart:
(or if you wanna even add someone else, offensive Starmie also does just that)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)