• High Horsepower
  • Icicle Crash
  • Megahorn
  • Substitute
  • Swords Dance
  • Taunt
  • Throat Chop
Ability:
Chilling Neigh: When this Pokemon knocks out another Pokemon with an attack, its attack stat goes up by 1 stage.

Pros:
  • High 145 Attack coupled with a strong offensive type in ice.
  • Good overall 100/130/110 defenses that stat higher than Mew's defenses
  • Packs good coverage to hit things Ice would be incapable of hitting.
  • Chilling Neigh can allow Glastrier to fire off an extra powerful attack before dying.
Cons
  • 30 is a really bad speed tier which will force Glastrier to take lots of hits.
  • Ice is bad defensively, offsetting those high defenses with weaknesses to common Fire and Fighting moves.
  • Movepool, while containing essentials, is somewhat linear, making Glastrier somewhat predictable

Potential Sets:
Glastrier @ Choice Band
Ability: Chilling Neigh
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Crash / Avalanche
- Close Combat
- High Horsepower
- Crunch / Throat Chop

Hit things hard with a band boost. Icicle Crash is the main STAB, while Avalanche can be used in place of Icicle Crash as Glastrier has poor speed. Close Combat and High Horsepower act together to hit Steel-Types, and Crunch / Throat Chop acts as a filler coverage move. EVs and nature are standard. Acts as a bulky band set

Glastrier @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Icicle Crash / Avalanche
- Close Combat
- High Horsepower

Using Swords Dance makes Glastrier hit even harder, although with all the hits it has to take, that can be hard to pull off. Attacks are here for the same reasons.

Last edited:
30 base speed is uhh... terrible but it might actually be worth investing in, at least on the SD set. Adamant 252 hits 159 speed, outrunning Blissey, Clefable, Tangrowth, Hatterene, Hippowdon, Rhyperior, Toxapex, and Tyranitar. Having HP investment reduces your chance of eating a lethal hit but going first and nabbing that OHKO might be more useful. You can also go Jolly to outrun Corviknight and Pelipper I guess.

Anyway I'm pretty excited to use the crystal horse in OU. I know Trick Room is generally considered a gimmick but with the meta so full of hyper offense I think this horse might find a place in the meta.

Once the meta settles down this thing will be a legit threat

Glastrier @ Leftovers
EVs: 112 HP / 248 Atk / 148 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Spear
- High Horsepower
- Swords Dance
- Substitute

You are stupidly fat and can eat a surprising number of hits. I prefer Icicle Spear over Crash for both accuracy and breaking subs but feel free to change it.

Here a low ladder scrub game demonstrating its bulk - https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1210837631-osq8kx7ygtga6eqaaxvc87t2h3qt838pw

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1210886913-krqrb1p3f2ixpttbps2irqywbyy0bw6pw

Last edited:
Glastrier @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Avalanche / Icicle Spear
- Body Press / Close Combat / Superpower
- Heavy Slam / Iron Defense / High Horsepower / Megahorn / Payback / Throat Chop
- High Horsepower / Megahorn / Payback / Throat Chop

Avalanche would be the best STAB for Glastrier since it had incredibly low speed, you could go with Icicle Spear instead if you want you break substitutes or Mimikyu's disguise. Body Press is for it's high defense, you could use Close Combat or Superpower instead if you chose to put your EVs in HP or SpDef but this is not recommend this since Glastrier is slow and you want to be able to take as many hits as possible. Heavy Slam without a doubt since it's one of the heaviest Pokémon out there! If you're doing Ubers, you may want to go with another move listed above as most Ubers are close to it's weight. And the last move can be any move for coverage, but what is recommended is High Horsepower, Megahorn, Payback, or Throat Chop.

Glastrier @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Avalanche / Icicle Spear
- Body Press / Close Combat / Superpower
- Heavy Slam / Iron Defense / High Horsepower / Megahorn / Payback / Throat Chop
- High Horsepower / Megahorn / Payback / Throat Chop

Avalanche would be the best STAB for Glastrier since it had incredibly low speed, you could go with Icicle Spear instead if you want you break substitutes or Mimikyu's disguise. Body Press is for it's high defense, you could use Close Combat or Superpower instead if you chose to put your EVs in HP or SpDef but this is not recommend this since Glastrier is slow and you want to be able to take as many hits as possible. Heavy Slam without a doubt since it's one of the heaviest Pokémon out there! If you're doing Ubers, you may want to go with another move listed above as most Ubers are close to it's weight. And the last move can be any move for coverage, but what is recommended is High Horsepower, Megahorn, Payback, or Throat Chop.
That set is pretty nice, id get rid of iron defense because You can't use it with av unless you get rid of it, Body press is very consistant due to it's pretty good defense though cc might be more consistant in damage rolls, Heavy slam is pretty great and high horse catches off heatran thinking youd switch,
payback is actually very smart because in every possible match you should be going last *unless it's tr which in its self is gimmicky so it can be played around with the right team*

tbh I don't see any use for megahorn when it's ice stab does it's job better, kinda a wasted move slot to me, and I like throat chop as a neat move that basically shuts down prima's hyper voice on the switch or something with loud noises.

here is my set I made because I wanted to show you what im running, but all in all I think your knowledge of the horse is way past mine

hrse (Glastrier) @ Assault Vest
Adamant Nature
- Avalanche
- High Horsepower
- Close Combat
- Payback

max hp with av is so I can bait in the common trapper/spdef heatran and counter it with high horse, also it's a pretty good soft check the latis even if they are lo

252 SpA Life Orb Latios Aura Sphere vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Glastrier: 140-166 (34.6 - 41%) -- 58.6% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

0 SpA Latias Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Glastrier: 93-111 (23 - 27.4%) -- 60.6% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock

even something silly as modest max spa heatran doesn't hoko it *which is silly*

252+ SpA Heatran Magma Storm vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Glastrier: 218-260 (53.9 - 64.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and trapping damage

252+ SpA Heatran Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Glastrier: 242-288 (59.9 - 71.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Ngl,I think this pokemon is gonna have a good future in ou

I was looking at this things movepool and here are two things I think are interesting

1. Stomping Tantrum. What's interesting about this on sub sets is that you can in theory always double its power against something like toxapex by clicking sub twice, which could be situationally useful compared to High Horsepower.

2. Torment. This seems super cool on a sub set. Whether its pex haze, clefable softboiled or moonblast, Glastrier has the bulk to really annoy some teams with this move. The problem is you only have two moves with sub and torment, so I don't think you could run SD. Perhaps metronome?

I was looking at this things movepool and here are two things I think are interesting

1. Stomping Tantrum. What's interesting about this on sub sets is that you can in theory always double its power against something like toxapex by clicking sub twice, which could be situationally useful compared to High Horsepower.

2. Torment. This seems super cool on a sub set. Whether its pex haze, clefable softboiled or moonblast, Glastrier has the bulk to really annoy some teams with this move. The problem is you only have two moves with sub and torment, so I don't think you could run SD. Perhaps metronome?
I think Sub Torment with Crash + Coverage (Ground-coverage probably best) might be legit-if Glastrier can sub up on the switch, it can really wear down the PP of things like Magma Storm (or just kill Heatran).

Leftovers might be the best item in that case, since it helps leverage the great bulk. A Wish-passing teammate is still ideal probably. Clefable is standard but HDB Wish Mence is worth mentioning IMO since it can Defog away Hazards and synergizes defensively with Ice Horse.

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
In your post you says his defences rival Mews, but his defences are way higher than Mews.
Keep in mind that Glastrier has to give up the item slot to use Boots often, losing the luxury of Leftovers to increase bulk, and it also tends to run more offensive sets, meaning it doesn’t invest as much in bulk. His phrasing was a bit misleading, but in practice it is close enough to being true.

In your post you says his defences rival Mews, but his defences are way higher than Mews.
Keep in mind that Glastrier has to give up the item slot to use Boots often, losing the luxury of Leftovers to increase bulk, and it also tends to run more offensive sets, meaning it doesn’t invest as much in bulk. His phrasing was a bit misleading, but in practice it is close enough to being true.
I can change the phrase to something like "Overall 100/130/110 defenses that stat higher than Mew's defenses" if that would help.

Or something else if that would be more accurate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)