SM OU Ghost Town

p2

Banned deucer.

intro:
Hello, I would like to present what I can confidently call one of the single most dominant teams in SM OU. I created this abomination around 15 months ago in March 2017, where I've constantly built upon and updated it to the point where I am certain it has been refined to perfection and can no longer be improved. With that said, my passion for Pokemon has drastically burned out, to the point where even a simple ladder session makes me want to put a brick through my computer screen, I plan to (sorta) leave and come back a completely new player in 2019. But before I do, I want to leave my masterpiece, my magnum opus, my chef-d'œuvre, the Despacito of Pokemon.

Those familiar with me probably already know I made an RMT of this team while it was still imperfect, at the time I thought I had perfected it, but this was before USUM which massively changed everything, allowing me to opt for Tornadus-T instead of Zapdos which completely changed the dynamic of the team and propelled a BL-rotting Pokemon into a top tier OU Pokemon. With that said, I'll get into the team for a second time.

I would like to thank Shaka Brah, y4, and Honus as they all contributed to the development of this team and got it to the stage it's at today.

the team:

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Transform

Ditto is the centerpiece of the team, inspired by cheese playstyles on the ladder, thinking things like Webs, Baton Pass (at the time), and Screens/Veil. It's one of the strongest revenge killers in the tier as there is practically no limit to what it cannot revenge kill, and anything that can't be revenge killed is reliably covered by the rest of the team. Ditto along with Regenerators also provides a very strong backbone against Stall, allowing the team to have a good matchup against the entire tier, bias aside, I haven't seen a team so resilient to matchup in USUM, which is an incredible feat, imo. Obvious EVs are to maximise HP, while the rest benefits Ditto in the off chance that it ever runs into another Ditto and is stuck in a Struggle war, this will never happen but if you can afford to deal with it in the teambuilder, why not? Use 0 Speed IVs for the non existent struggle war too which gives you HP Ice, the most valuable Hidden Power you can use vs threats like Thundurus or whatever the fuck. HP Ground can be used too if you want to trap Magnezone but its pointless when you have 2 answers and 1 mon that hits it super hard.

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Healing Wish
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss

Chansey is part of the fat shit core that makes using Ditto so effective, it's the fattest thing in the tier, which means a few things; it walls lots of shit, it's hard to break without setting up, it lets me run godly based Phys def Pex, and it also has HWish which is one of the most useful Chansey techs I've used all gen, this provides me a safety net vs HO as it allows me to heal up Scizor if I let it get weakened, meaning that I get a second chance vs huge threats like Double Dance Zygarde. Onto my second point, Pokemon need to usually set up if they plan to ever break Chansey, but with every set up move clicked or every Mega Medicham brought out, there is a huge chance that Ditto will be able to counter sweep or break down the opponents team. Chansey is generally used as the main Tapu Koko and Tapu Lele answer on this team, but if they can break Chansey, you will have to play accordingly - Ditto / Zygarde / Scizor are your secondary answers to Tapu Koko while Scizor / Tornadus / Ditto are secondary answers to Tapu Lele. Try not to lose this to Gren sets like Fightinium Z. Toxic is an alternative because it gives you something that can actually punish bulky Psychics like Mega Latias which is a total motherfucker to face if it either has HP Fire and/or can break Scizor + Chansey.​

Tornadus-Therian @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- Defog
- Knock Off

Tornadus-T is one of the main pieces of the team too and it's not hard to see why, a Pokemon that easily knocks Clef, and sorta provides buffer vs a lot of things like Ferrothorn and Heatran while just being a general fast threat, it worked incredibly well at the time of its inception as it was an unexplored threat and the meta at the time swung things in its favour, mainly Tyranitar being one of the most common flying resists, along with Heatran and Chansey being very common due to Naganadel, easy Knocks for Torn really. Either way it's still a great mon that has plenty of utility between Knock Off / Defog / Regenerator and the ability to pick off kills easily in a lot of matchups, usually always getting a kill if there's no good flying resist. Defog is just great because it gives the team an out vs heavy hazard stacking which this team can lose the war of attrition to, especially with things like Clef.​

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Recover
- Haze

One of the most centralising pieces of shit in the tier, Toxic Spikes, and to a lesser extent Toxapex is something I strongly believe shouldn't be accomodated in this tier anymore, lots of the "rps" complaints can be directly pinpointed to Toxic Spikes and Zygarde, which I fully agree with. Toxic Spikes / Pex limit the opportunity to run alternative Waters that would be much appreciated in the current war on Heatran people seem to be having. Also forcing Defoggers that cant reliably keep hazards off vs Pex OR forcing terrible Poison types onto every team is not the way it should be handled. I don't care, I've spent plenty of time taking shots at the council and whining but it's obvious people don't give a fuck. I still cannot get behind the idea of Toxapex being a healthy presence in the tier at all, I don't care how bad the meta has shifted it out because the lingering problem of Toxic Spikes / "rps" matchup is literally still there and it will just come back in a couple of months anyway. Either this shit needs to be banned along with Magearna and Zygarde, or lets just go back and unban Mega Metagross, that would be a very welcome addition to the meta in my opinion and would provide the shift that is needed. Could also unban Naganadel, but lol..... Basically on this team Toxapex beats annoying shit like Keldeo, most Greninjas and just provides a good buffer vs lots of stuff. Knock Off is an option to butcher Clef because Clef is the only answer to CB Zyg people are running?????? But hey, I'm washed up, what do I know?​

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
Impish Nature
- Curse
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Roost

Yea, him. I posted briefly about this set here which sums it up very quickly with a bunch of replays fresh off the ladder. As mentioned with Chansey, Scizor forms the second part of the "Ditto core", where shit simply cannot beat Scizor easily without having to set up. Scizor abuses momentum a little more easily though thanks to U-turn, you constantly keep the pressure on, if your opponent sets up with some SD breaker, you can go to Ditto and immediately threaten it, you can go to Zygarde, whatever the fuck goes on in games, Sciz enables shit like Zyg and Torn-T to be so threatening. Don't need to explain Curse but the synergy between this and HW Chansey makes me moist. BP still sweeps shit w only Curse but that doesn't matter you get important damage vs things like Medi unboosted. This is also your Medi answer 90% of the time, don't hard switch into HJK if you want to win, don't preserve it vs Medi either, just get the U-turn off if Sciz is healthy enough or just BP if its gonna die.

Zygarde @ Choice Band
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Iron Tail

Choice Band been #1 Zygarde set since 2016 don't @ me. Zygarde's a beast breaker, CB has been consistently been good since '16 and it just is cus Arrows spammable as shit. Teams don't really have resists and teams with Tang or Bulu can be played around or lured with the appropriate move on Zyg. You can also just Tspike em and pray it works, depending on the team comp you can usually just beat em with Sciz + Zyg. Also the designated Elec immune and it forces you to play aggro vs something like AV Mage offenses, just don't get fleur'd and you gain a huge momentum advantage.​

variants:
I have seen a few takes on this team but I think some of the most successful ones I have seen are

The former was used somewhat in ST if i recall correctly and was part of the reason Monna Lusa won the 3rd tour of the 1st week. The latter is a double mega team which is a strategy I'm a big fan of, it was used on ladder and the guy had an insane streak going and >90% GXE a couple of months ago.

threats:
Honestly, there aren't a whole lot of threats that are gonna make you shit your pants when using this team, but I'd advise not using this team anyway because the meta is heavily against it right now.
/
/
/
Gliscor/Clef/Ferro/Tran teams are legit every second team you'll face in this meta and those matchups are so hard for this team, it's seriously not worth using this team atm. Onto other threats,
Mega Medicham is a pain especially if it has Ditto covered, by running a teammate like Mew or LandT+Clef,
CM Tapu Lele is a huge pain in the ass too, as well as Taunt variants because it basically forces you to sack Chansey which leaves you open to so much shit.
Tapu Koko is also sorta annoying if its played very well, but a lot of this team hinges on being able to outplay threats or force them into a position where you can abuse their breakers.

team success:
Fuck yes the part where I get to stroke my epeen over this team. This team went 2-0 in SPL, 4-0 (one replay missing) when used by me in OST albeit with some hax involved but that's simply the game we play, this team was used last year in OLT and HQuaze qualified with it, and the team directly inspired a team that Sabella and meeps qualified with. This team also won in g3 of the latest OSTs top 16 between mael and HQuaze, and it was used a lot in earlier rounds too. I have also peaked the ladder with this teams a shit ton of times, this is my latest peak which I achieved last month.

edit: 1 month later and i finally put the import here
Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Transform

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Healing Wish
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss

Tornadus-Therian @ Flyinium Z
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- Defog
- Knock Off

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Recover
- Haze

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
Impish Nature
- Curse
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Roost

Zygarde @ Choice Band
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Iron Tail

shoutouts:
I am not gonna write a shit ton, but I would just like to give a shoutout to all of my friends I've made through the years that have made my time playing mons an enjoyable experience. Specifically fpoa, cpg (prior to fortnite), draco, team uk boys, the dudes I teamed with in spl and other team tours. Thank you guys. pce

Last edited:
Not much to say on the team, obviously you're a much better builder and player than I am so I won't try change anything, plus nothing even needs changing. However, if you're going to use Naive Superpower Torn then I'd suggest running 40 Atk on it to have better rolls against Heatran after rocks and such and in particular to guaranteed 2HKO the 248 HP / 84 Atk / 68 Def / 64 SpA / 12 SpD / 32 Spe spread version of Mega Tyranitar.

P.S Thanks for discovering Curse Scizor, that shit is so good lmao.

Exiline

Banned deucer.
is a Past SCL Championis a Two-Time Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
Hey p2, pretty good team here I dont have much to say because as you already stated this team reached its final development stage but you really should use hp ground ditto, this change allows you to trap enemy magnezone which can be pretty useful especially since you got a scizor and the drawback is almost no existent (being the loss of a single hp).

Here is the EVs spread for hp ground:
IVs: 30 HP / 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpD / 0 Spe

E: just saw you talked about the hp thing in your post kek

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)