Other Ghost Mono Team

So this is my first RMT, and it's a ghost monotype team. Anyway, let's get started!

Froslass @ Focus Sash

Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Spikes
- Destiny Bond
- Ice Beam

I chose this Pokemon because it's a good Pokemon to take out Pokemon that hope to sweep the entire team or Pokemon that set up Stealth Rock or Spikes, and it's high speed stat is useful to this set. Froslass usually leads, using Taunt as a counter to status moves like Spikes and Stealth Rock, and then usually following with a Destiny Bond, to take out the lead. Spikes is for times when Taunt and Destiny Bond are practically useless due to constant switching, which happens once in a while, or when I can just afford to use it without getting Froslass KO'd. Ice Beam is for times when I'm able to go offensive. Timid because I literally have no physical moves and this set relies mostly on speed. Focus Sash is for those moments where the opponent would've killed me before I used Destiny Bond. Cursed Body is used simply because Froslass does not have hail.

Gengar (M) @ Life Orb

Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Substitute

I chose this Pokemon for it's high Special and Speed stats.Gengar is my main special sweeper. Shadow Ball and Sludge Wave are for STAB, and with Gengar's high Special Attack, plus those EVs and a Life Orb, can hit really hard. Focus Blast is more or so a counter to dark types with it's fast speed, and high special attack. It's nature is timid again, because it's defensive stats aren't really the best, so with a strong enough move, could deal some serious damage to Gengar. Life Orb is to boost it's attack.

Trevenant (F) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Harvest
EVs: 252 HP / 200 SpD / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Phantom Force
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rest
- Horn Leech

I chose this Pokemon mostly because besides Gourgeist, it's the only Ghost/Grass and Trevenant's stat are better in the stats where they need to be(Sp Atk) than Gourgeist's which favours Attack.Trevenant's movepool offered a set which could stall like Horn Leech which offers damage and healing.Trevenant is more useful for stalling. Usually I'd go with Will-O-Wisp to burn the opponent's Pokemon and then either use Horn Leech, or if I'm in need of HP, Rest. The Lum Berry will usually heal my asleep condition and then using Harvest, get the Lum Berry back so I can use it again! Phantom Force is for when I need to go offensive, usually when a Pokemon's Knock Off'd my Lum Berry before I could use or Horn Leech is not very effective. Phantom Force also provides a turn where I don't get hit and the opponent gets burn damage.

Sableye (M) @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Shadow Ball
- Toxic

I chose Sableye because Mega Sableye's Magic Bounce makes it so you can't outstall Sableye, and because this set is just amazing. Prankster for Sableye since it gets in at least one Calm Mind first. Sablenite is pretty self-explanatory. Calm Mind is for buffing it's stats up and Recover is for recovering HP while Calm-Minding. Toxic goes well with recover to stall, and Shadow Ball is the offensive move that can hit pretty well with Calm Mind.

Aegislash (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 130 Def / 126 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- King's Shield
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword

I chose Aegislash because it can serve as a mixed sweeper with a buffed-up Shadow Sneak as a special attacking moveand a priority move to KO weakened threats and Sacred Sword to hit steel types and normal types. Swords Dances is just for a boost in attack for Sacred Sword, which can hit even harder.Shadow Sneak is as explained above for a priority move in case you need to take down a weakened threat.King's Shield is for the extra attack lowering for moves like Knock Off.

Chandelure (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Energy Ball

I chose Chandelure for it's high Special Attack Stat and move coverage. Chandelure uses a Timid Nature for extra speed with it's Choice Scarf and Speed EVs to hit hard with Overheat's strong BP and already high Special Attack stat. Shadow Ball is for when you still want a high special attack stat, since Overheat lowers your Special Attack. Hidden Power[Ice] is for the flying and dragon type monos. Energy Ball is in case there's a water type threatening Chandelure like Azumarill.Flash Fire is because an immunity plus higher stats is better than a 30% chance of burn.

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
That's a cool team you have there! There are a couple of things that could be tweaked however.
First, I would recommend running an EV spread of 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD on Aegislash. Adamant Nature without EVs isn't too helpful, as you don't hit hard enough in many cases without setting up a Swords Dance, which you can't always do. It also allows Aegislash to act as a decent revenge killer to weakened threats, especially if they are Scarfers or have boosted their speed to outspeed Scarf Chandelure, your main revenge killer.
The second change I believe would help you is Thunderbolt or Energy Ball over Substitute on Gengar, or Leftovers over Life Orb. Sub is a good option to protect you from Sucker Punch and other priority, but the amount of damage you deal to yourself through Sub and Life Orb recoil wears you down very quickly. Thunderbolt is a good option for Flying and Water types such as Keldeo, Staraptor, and Manaphy whom you outspeed if they lack a Choice Scarf, or Energy Ball still hits Keldeo and Manaphy while also hitting the Common Ground core consisting of Hippowdon/Gastrodon very hard.
For Mega Sableye, Dark Pulse is generally superior to Shadow Ball, as Normal-types are immune to Ghost, and Dark Pulse hits just as hard. Will-O-Wisp is also a good option over Toxic as Prankster WoW before you Mega evolve is very annoying and neuters many potential checks to Sableye sweeping.
Another option over Overheat on Chandelure is Fire Blast, as it outdamages Overheat over 2 turns due to the SpA drop and allows you to stay in and finish off those Pokemon that aren't OHKO'd by Overheat. This is especially important because if your opponent switches in a Knock Off user on your -2 Chandelure, you will likely have to sack something whereas with Fire Blast you can stay in and deal almost as much damage as Overheat (130 BP vs. 110).
Froslass and Trevenant are both good choices and this looks like a solid team! I hope you have fun using it and I wish you luck in your battles! :]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)