SV OU GHOST! (Gengar, Sylveon HO, destroys opposing HO) (1800s+)

serperiorr

formerly someidiot19
:gengar: Funny Gengar HO :gengar:

094.png
show.png
445.png
700.png
911.png
184-1.png

INTRO

Yo, I've decided to come back to gen9 for a bit to experiment with the meta. One mon in particular I was looking at was H-Zoroark, and how it kinda outclasses Gengar. Therefore, I decided to build around Gengar using its specific niches over H-Zoroark, that is, the move Tspike which was given to it this gen. This team is hella unorthodox (almost none of the sets are standard) but still insanely fun to use.

POKEPASTE
https://pokepast.es/eed645e09a41cbfc

THE TEAM
094.png

GHOST! @ Focus Sash
Ability: Cursed Body
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Toxic Spikes
- Sludge Bomb
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond

As stated in the intro, Gengar gets tspike now. Thus, it's a suicide lead 80% of the time, setting up tspike and trying to cheese something with dbond. Sludge bomb over sball to annoy meow/gren leads while still beating hatt, and also you can poison stuff if you're lucky. Against teams w/ pex or amoonguss, I use Gengar as a midgame mon to throw off attacks or a cheese dbond. This team is built around tspike though, and against teams without a grounded poison (eg opposing HO), Gengar is a great MU. Gengar is also chosen over Glimm since it can taunt opposing leads to guarantee the tspike, for example, you can taunt Glimm to prevent hazards.

show.png

Mr. Rager @ Booster Energy
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Earthquake
- Close Combat
- Rapid Spin

Fast tusk with the booster energy is an amazing midgame spinner, as well as wincon that many teams just aren't prepared for. Spin is kinda mandatory since I don't have boots on any of my mons, and tera fight allows you to pick up earlier kills eg vs corv. EQ is nice since it bypasses volc's flame body.

445.png

Erase Me @ Life Orb
Ability: Rough Skin
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw

The second ground, Garchomp, is mostly here for hazards. It's also a form of speed control since it outspeeds a lot of the meta, in case you didn't want to burn through tusk's booster energy early. LO isn't usually seen on hazards chomp unless you use draco, but I prefer dclaw since you won't have to run naive nature, and in general dclaw hits a lot for neutral with no drawback. I also like LO since it allows chomp to semi-break teams for its teammates, for example, chipping dondozo for azu.

700.png

Ashin' Kusher @ Leftovers
Ability: Cute Charm
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Draining Kiss
- Stored Power
- Substitute

Sylveon is a very unorthodox pick, but I saw it do work in SPL so I wanted to try out this set. So why Sylveon over Hatterene? Whilst you lose magic bounce and STAB on stored power, Sylveon has a few advantages which I really like on this team. First, it outspeeds corv and skeledirge, allowing it to setup easier vs them. Second, it lures poisons (which are a threat to tspike and azu) with stored power. Hatt doesn't lure poisons as well due to its poison type. Third, it's slightly bulkier than Hatt, which also gives more setup opportunity. Remember to use cute charm, most of the time it's useless but I had a really funny replay with it: Love Wins

911.png

Marijuana @ Throat Spray
Ability: Unaware
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Torch Song
- Shadow Ball
- Flame Charge
- Slack Off

Skeledirge is mostly seen on bulkier teams or BOs, as a bulky mon to check setup threats. However, I wanted to try this funny flame charge set on this team which actually wins so much. Check out the replays below for all the Skeledirge sweeps. Being a ghost-type, you spinblock for your hazardstack. Most of the time, if you sack Gengar and get a dbond off, they'll send out tusk and I'll send out dirge. Then, you can tera fairy and get valuable chip vs tusk, and even fish for a flame charge to sweep. Aside from being a great wincon, Dirge also checks opposing HO (in case Tspike wasn't enough) because of unaware.

184-1.png

MANIAC @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Bulldoze

Azu is here to cheese teams not prepped for it. Bulldoze could be replaced with double-edge since it also hits amoonguss, but pex is more common and the recoil sucks. Azu is also a blanket check to most mons cause of its amazing typing and decent bulk. Also sets up on Walking Wake and rain threats. Love this mon.

REPLAYS

Lead Sylveon 6-0
:gengar: :great tusk: :garchomp: :sylveon: :skeledirge: :azumarill:
vs
:dragapult: :hatterene: :toxapex: :garganacl: :talonflame: :iron treads:

Skeledirge Sweep
vs
:walking wake: :iron valiant: :baxcalibur: :azumarill: :great tusk: :volcarona:

Skeledirge Sweep 2
vs
:great tusk: :gholdengo: :ting-lu: :corviknight: :hatterene: :dragapult:

Tusk kills all 6
vs
:roaring moon: :rotom-wash: :great tusk: :orthworm: :breloom: :cinderace:

Sylveon cleans up
vs
:garchomp: :breloom: :dragonite: :ceruledge: :magnezone: :cinderace:

Azu Sweep ft. dbond gengar
vs
:dragonite: :greninja: :gholdengo: :hatterene: :iron valiant: :kingambit:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)