Other Features Generation VI: The Hits and the Misses

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This article will basically take a look at some of the Pokemon that X and Y brought to the table; what Pokemon they did well at making, as well as analyzing the new Pokemon that are failures. The "hits" will be talked about first, basically all the great designs of Pokemon they made. This will be followed by the "misses", which are the failures, such as Aromatisse. Then a conclusion will follow.

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Would this be discussing movesets etc... basically the whole thing? Or would this just be discussing the designs? If it's just designs, I think it'd fit better in a Judge a Pokemon panel later on (and thus would fit in the Arts and Recreation area, and not Other Features). This is pretty much because it'd be majorly subjective, and having a panel to judge it would be better.

Competitively I guess you could judge what has potential, and what doesn't, but I feel like waiting a few months could be beneficial, until at least OU is stable (and also in that time, a Pokemon's hidden potential could be discovered whereas it's not even two months, so I don't think there's enough time to fully explore into what everything is capable of to really call something a "miss"). It's up to what the others think about waiting a few months or not if it's about the whole Pokemon, however if it's just an art perspective then definitely I think that Judge a Pokemon would be most appropriate there.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Also don't forget that Doubles is an official meta now, where Aromatisse has much better potential than singles in Trick Room teams.

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I was thinking purely of looking at the designs of the Pokemon, not necessarily the competitive aspect (I consider Aromatisse a miss in the sense that its concept is not very good and it looks terrible).

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Then yeah I think that's better off as something that JAP can cover, as it sort of needs a panel to not seem entirely biased to readers. Plus in that case it'd go under AR, rather than OF. Maybe talk to RODAN about it being in the next JAP (as in not this one but the following one, perhaps?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)