Data Generation 9 Data Preview (and WIP cleaning!)

LouisCyphre

heralds disaster.
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
egg bomb: good idea. here's the cell formula:
=FILTER(MOVES!A11:A1811,NOT(ISERROR(SEARCH("bypasses Protection",MOVES!B12:B1812))))
if anyone can find a way to make this expression detect the presence of a modal option in the description being searched, and then parse the text to determine which mode of the move has the text in question, and then display that mode in the list, in a way that is future-proof and maintainable by whomsoever takes up the DAT after me, let me know in the replies.

metronome: the lists do not line up. metronome requires a cost of 5 or less regardless of the move it calls. additionally, it requires a priority of exactly 0, which sluggish doesn't.

resist berries: correct. they all mirror chilan berry now

okay specifically on transferring Sketch Pokemon:

:necturna:
Necturna (and Necturine) will transfer to Gen 9 as follows:
  • If their own new Level is equal to or greater than the Level of their Sketched move: They keep that move.
  • If their own new Level is lower than that of their Sketched move: They will have Sketch.
:smeargle:
Smeargle is a bit trickier, but the same logic applies:
  • Smeargle can take up to 10 moves per move Level into Gen 9, in addition to Sketch itself, for a maximum of 51 total moves.
  • Smeargle can't take moves whose move Levels exceed their own new Level. (Thus, a 3* Smeargle can only take 31 moves into Gen 9.)

LouisCyphre

heralds disaster.
ALL RIGHT

You'll all be playing Generation 9 soon enough. Whether we have stuff ready for you or not, it would seem. Even we can only hold back the floodgates for so long.

Once the generation-starting match is up, you may begin to seek and post Generation 9 battles, and we'll eliminate stop supporting Generation 8 battles. That will come just a hair after the battlers in question get approved for their Generation 9 claims, making the roll-out of the Generation necessarily a bit staggered.

I especially look forward to the deluge of questions that are sure to arise in the initial rush, especially about parts of the handbook I haven't yet had time to nail down. Once the Handbook is at least fully bulleted, I'll archive this thread as well, and we'll finally be in Generation 9 properly.

Please use our shiny new dedicated Feedback Thread for reporting issues. This will give the moderator team a nice, clean way to keep track of what we have and have not fixed.

...Just try not to fill it with too much "This rule isn't written yet," all at once. I'm just flesh and blood, here!

LouisCyphre

heralds disaster.
corrected necturna's sketch mechanics to match smeargle's gen 9 mechanics, except for sketched move count.

smeargle gets Sketch itself and 10 Sketched moves per level, so necturna gets Sketch itself and 1 Sketched move at a time. the move itself is functionally Mimic, so this is just a consistency fix rather than a meaningful buff.

LouisCyphre

heralds disaster.
updated r4.1 and r4.2 into prose, and updated relevant abilities (such as Commander and Plus) to interact with the now more-clearly defined terms for "benched", "inactive", etc.

please drop any typos relating to these, or missing definitions, in the feedback thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)