Tournament Gen4 PU - Resource Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

pancake

movement and location
is a Contributor Alumnus
calling activity, if you really want to sub someone in you can/if there are any. He cancelled our first time only a few hours before it was and he missed the second time and said I could take the win if I couldn't do the second time anyway. I added you to the PM akir.

5gen

jumper
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
We've talked and are able to play tomorrow (some time after 4pm, both EST), would like an extension please if we don't happen to play. Tagging AQML so he knows too.

Akir

A true villain!
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Round 2, LINOONE IS BANNED:

Empo vs CrazyStevy
Honko
vs ManOfMany
GeneralAnnoyance vs Mysterious M
Slowbroth vs Wenderz
CZ. vs King Wynaut
(InfernoMonferno vs SOMALIA) vs Paleo
(5gen vs AQML) vs Eternally
LegitEU vs RawMelon
Grim vs MiyoKa
Dibs The Dreamer vs Serene's Grace
(Flares. vs Drangonn.) vs PokemonmasterTj
Conor3197 vs (Shuckleking87 vs pancake)
insult vs (Chrisloud1 vs Whydon)
Anty vs Bughouse
PokeTrainer16 vs Tony
Dundies
vs Holiano

Deadline is Tuesday, January 17th, at 11:59pm GMT!

Housekeeping:

Linoone was banned due to the overwhelming evidence pointing towards it being uncompetitive. A good number of matches last round were decided by Linoone alone getting a Belly Drum up, and while the overall offensive pressure and few key checks of the tier is usually enough to keep Linoone unable to get the necessary turn to Belly Drum there has been a large improvement on tech to go with Linoone to ease getting the Belly Drum that ultimately makes Linoone overpowering for the tier. Linoone's departure also has a surprisingly small impact on the tier as well.

The sample team that had Linoone has been removed, and a team that maintains the "spirit" of the team will be replacing it soon.

As for other bans, Rhydon is currently sitting on the table for a possible ban as the Double Dance and Choice Band sets almost makes stall unviable alone among other things like being 1 Rock Polish away from sweeping a lot of the time. However, I would like other people's opinion on the matter before I do anything. I don't plan on banning something every round though, as that is extremely detrimental to the development of a metagame. What about Sun, you ask? I am still looking into the best answer for dealing with Sun, but until I come to a conclusion I have decided to simply spread around checks to the playstyle that fit on a large portion of teams to make people more prepared.

Linoone S -> Ban
Sableye A -> A+
Purugly A- -> A
Golduck B+ -> A
Misdreavus A- -> A
Zangoose A -> A-
Xatu C -> B-

As before, before your match, please remember to:
  • Bench your BP chain team, because there is a BP clause.
  • Validate your teams using the mon list in the OP and the List of Illegal NFEs in the Resource post
  • Double check for any differences in moves and abilities that might exist between Gen4 and 6. Defogging is really embarrassing. There is a small list of "Things You Forgot" in the Resource post as well to help
  • There is a Role Compendium, so check that if you still need help building. There will be an additional entry in this Compendium for "Sun checks" and "Rain checks" going up...now.

Also I'm technically posting early, but all of the matches either have an extension or should be played very soon.

Last edited:

pancake

movement and location
is a Contributor Alumnus

dibs

double iron bashes
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Lost, gg. Got crit to high heavens and continued to play on tilt, i'm bad.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)