Tournament [Gen 9] A Duomod Randbats tour ANYONE could win ($40 Prize Pool, won by Gekokeso!)

won vs Tarrembeau and SOM, ggs @ both

Anyways, less than 48 hours to complete your games! I see that most or all of you have at least scheduled but I'll be tagging everyone who's yet to play as a reminder - ASKid679 kiwi_galactica Axrtix Sceon MultiPokemon Rezzo Sylveon used calm mind Irpachuza. I'll also be DMing some of you about Player Wheel stuff either on Discord or here throughout the next two days.
we got one game done
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8gen9duomodrandbats-11
can we get a 6 week extension for the second one this was too much for me

DuoM2

whao
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Well, you've made it to Round 2! This was a lot of people's first time playing the mod, and I hope you all are enjoying what you've played so far. Some people have been brought back in despite losing because of Player Wheel stuff that's partially been kept private. As for the rest, they've been put onto a Standby list where you're technically out, but Player Wheel stuff can reinvite you by random chance. This includes people joining late, and I'll ping Dead by Daylight and SpaceSpeakers to let them both know that. I'll be DMing everyone who has a chance to rejoin a few days beforehand just to be sure they're still good to play. For Round specific stuff, Pajantom has been removed, ViZar has buffed Impostor Blade to 140 Base Power instead of 120, and I'll be giving a two-day extension to Axrtix and Sceon since both had tried to schedule but an agreement hasn't been made.

Otherwise, here's the matchups!

EeveeGirl1380 vs. Sceon
EeveeGirl1380 - This effect has been BLOCKED by another player!
Sceon - You now have one Ghosting Card! If you use it, you can call DuoM2 to privately message anyone for help or distraction during a bo3. You can use this at any point in the tournament.

Ema Skye vs. ViZar
Ema Skye - Hidden from both players.
ViZar- Make ONE buff or nerf to any Pokemon, move, or ability that applies to every battle this round.

Gekokeso vs. R8
Gekokeso - You now have one Out-of-Jail Card! If you use it, you can block any one wheel effect that any player gets. You can use this at any point in the tournament past this round.
R8 - Hidden from both players.

kiwi_galactica vs. patos
kiwi_galactica - For your next bo3, you must play on Duomod Randbats (INVERSE). You can agree to not do randbats if you would like, but must still play Inverse Duomod.
patos - You now have one Summon Card! If you use it, you can call in any other Pokemon player to play a bo3 for you. Of course, they must agree to this. You can use this at any point in the tournament past this round.

Mayleee vs. ASKid679

Mayleee vs. DuoM2
ASKid679 vs. DuoM2
Mayleee - Anyone that lost by a 6-0 last round will be reinvited to the tournament. Does not count CC1v1. (NOTE - This one would normally be hidden, but it literally does nothing here since nobody who's eliminated lost a match 6-0, so I may as well show it.)
ASKid679 - Both you and your opponent have to play against Duo instead of each other. You only move on if you beat him.

Rezzo vs. Paulluxx
Rezzo - If you and your opponent share a Pokemon on any of your teams, you both must lead with that Pokemon. If there are multiple, pick the one that comes first alphabetically.
Paulluxx - Hidden from both players.

TheSerotoninVibes vs. Sylveon used calm mind
TheSerotoninVibes - For your next bo3, you must play on a "Two Spins" format, Randbats or otherwise.
Sylveon used calm mind - Hidden from both players.

Turtlek vs. Irpachuza
Turtlek - You must choose one player other than yourself to get a bye this round. If you do not respond, they will be chosen at random. (NOTE - They chose SwordIsBored)
Irpachuza - For your next bo3, you must play on Duomod Randbats (CAMOMONS). You can agree to not do randbats if you would like, but must still play Camomons Duomod.

SwordIsBored vs. (bye round)
wow!

You have until Midnight EST on Saturday, February 18th to finish your games. Please try and specifically download your replays if possible so I can post them in the Solomods server, and make sure you DO NOT set the battles to invite only. Thanks!

EDIT: i forgot to mention if anyone wow reacts this post i will kick them very hard in the nuts

Last edited:
my vague understanding of this format tells me the optimal play is to throw my match 0-6 to activate Mayleee's spin effect and auto-advance

DuoM2

whao
won my games vs askid, replays are in the solomods server, ggs

i've won 5 for 5 now i promise it wasn't like this in gen 8's tour i feel like i'm robbing people of their money :c

DuoM2

whao
I defeated Mayleee, and Paulluxx was given the win over ViZar, so onto Round 3! Unfortunately, nobody got reinvited this round like the last one. Impostor Blade was changed back to 120 BP. Nobody's been able to do anything that alters the game for Round 3, but that's going to change in Round 4. All I have to say for now is that you should DM me when your match is over.

Anyways, let's take a look at the matchups...

Paulluxx vs. Sylveon used calm mind
Paulluxx - Hidden from both players.
Sylveon used calm mind - This effect has been BLOCKED by another player!

Ema Skye vs. EeveeGirl1380
Ema Skye - For the first battle, your opponent must show their entire team's movesets with !showteam. Lying about this will result in disqualification.
EeveeGirl1380 - For every battle in your next bo3, you and your opponent both must lead with the first Pokemon on your teams.

patos vs. Gekokeso
patos - If you and your opponent share a Pokemon on any of your teams, you both must lead with that Pokemon. If there are multiple, pick the one that comes first alphabetically.
Gekokeso - Both players can agree to play any other format they choose. If they cannot come to an agreement, they must play Duomod Randbats as normal.

SwordIsBored vs. Turtlek
SwordIsBored - If you and your opponent share a Pokemon on any of your teams, you both must lead with that Pokemon. If there are multiple, pick the one that comes first alphabetically.
Turtlek - You now have one Out-of-Jail Card! If you use it, you can block any one wheel effect that any player gets. You can use this at any point in the tournament after this round as long as you message me before the next round's matchups are announced.

You have until Tuesday, February 28th at 11:59 PM EST, but I'd prefer if you get these matches done by the end of Sunday if at all possible for reasons that would take too long for me to explain. See you then!

Last edited:
Usually wouldn't do this since it's just a funny tournament but I do have to unfortunately call act on patos. Failed to show up in dh both times at scheduled times or didn't provide another concrete time for the match.
IMG_20230224_191739.jpg
IMG_20230224_191752.jpg

Why is this the tournament I'm getting act wins all the time I just want to fight in funny duo tier, anyways time to get my sub in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)