Tournament [Gen 9] A Duomod Randbats tour ANYONE could win ($40 Prize Pool, won by Gekokeso!)

DuoM2

whao
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Alright, semifinals. Starting this round I won't be allowing people to be reinvited anymore and also won't be making anyone fight me because honestly I still feel bad about having robbed so many people of their chances this tournament. That aside, there's six new Pokemon here! Some of them are not yet sprited and have a highly compressed image of a plush for their sprite instead for the time being. The balance could also be off but honestly I don't think I mind too much. This is randbats anyways.
feralynx.png

Feralynx | Dark/Ice | 54/122/84/60/92/115 | Moxie
Randbats moves include Impostor Blade, Swords Dance, Polar Pounce, Inkbrush
Courtesy of Turtlek, this is a Pokemon with no especially strong Dark moves, so you have to use Impostor Blade to make the most of this Pokemon.

aquadamia.png

Aquadamia | Grass/Water | 80/120/70/40/70/125 | Dancer
Randbats moves include Liquidation, Triple Axel, Power Whip, Poison Jab
Courtesy of Gekokeso, this Pokemon is meant to scare Pokemon away from using Swords Dance and Dragon Dance. The typing was initially Grass/Ground but I changed it to resist Jet Punch from Fauxster while still scaring Fluxtape-Stereo. I'll probably change this thing's movepool to give it Aqua Jet or maybe Flip Turn as well, movepool is kinda weird as it stands.

neuralurk.png

Neuralurk | Dark/Fairy | 181/101/43/113/43/89 | Beast Boost
Randbats moves include Moonblast, Play Rough, Sucker Punch, Dark Pulse, Knock Off, Flamethrower, Nasty Plot, Swords Dance, Trick
Courtesy of Paulluxx, here's a mixed wallbreaker with pretty well-rounded stats. Its bulk evens out to being well above average and its offensive typing and versatility should keep you on your toes.

cadbunny.png

Cadbunny | Normal | 104/60/96/70/96/91 | Opportunist
Randbats moves include Boomburst, Chilly Reception, Nuzzle, Knock Off, Focus Blast, Slack Off
Courtesy of Ema, this Pokemon is just a fun Opportunist guy. When the Roulette Wheel gives boosts to an opponent, it does activate Opportunist, so this Pokemon can actively benefit from things that should be exclusive to the opponent.

blockadile.png
(note that this wonderful sprite doesn't show up yet on DH because i made a mistake)
Blockodile | Ice/Dragon | 105/125/115/65/55/25 | Dragon's Maw
Randbats moves include Dragon Claw, Icicle Crash, Earthquake, Liquidation, Bulk Up
For the free spot, we have Scoopapa's sub. It's a slow, but extremely powerful breaker with a lackluster defensive typing.

ironvessel.png
moddedvessel.png

Iron Vessel (base form) | Psychic/Dragon | 96/76/76/96/108/118 | Regenerator
Modded Vessel (alt form) | Psychic/Dragon | 96/76/106/96/128/68 | Shed Skin
Randbats moves include Core Enforcer, Future Sight, Rapid Spin, Recover, Teleport
So here's something I'll be adding more of in future Duomod patches, but I'll be doing this for all future forms. When you use Iron Vessel, you can "Mega Evolve" into Modded Vessel at any point (you won't be limited to one "mega" per team when I add more). You'll get extra bulk to check certain stuff and gain resistance to status, but you'll lose Regenerator, which is extremely important for this kind of Pokemon. The idea for all of these is that you need to choose an opportune time to transform and can't just click it whenever. It's also currently tied to the move Core Enforcer which I think this is guaranteed to know in randbats so it won't be able to transform in CC1v1.
Onto the matchups! Some really anticlimactic Player Wheel stuff unfortunately.

Paulluxx vs. Turtlek
Paulluxx - This effect has been BLOCKED by another player! (NOTE - Wasn't me lmao)
Turtlek - For your next bo3, you must play on a "Two Spins" format, Randbats or otherwise.

Gekokeso vs. Ema Skye
Gekokeso - Whatever Player Wheel effect your opponent gets is completely blocked no matter what it is.
Ema Skye - You now have one Summon Card! If you use it, you can call in any other Pokemon player to play a bo3 for you. Of course, they must agree to this. You can use this at any point in the tournament.

You have until Saturday March 11th at 11:59 PM EST. I'm fine with giving extensions because we're so late into the tournament. Otherwise, good luck!

Last edited:

DuoM2

whao
The final battle. It'll be a best of 5 (not best of 3 anymore) with no player wheel shenanigans. Things are too serious for that now. Duomod's always serious, but it's even more serious now. Both players are guaranteed at least 10 dollars, but whoever wins will get 30 instead of 10. Don't mess up. There's money on the line now.

Gekokeso vs. Turtlek
You have two weeks to finish this. Good luck - you'll need it.

DuoM2

whao
wait this tour was still going on
yeah because people wouldn't play their freakin finals match smh

Congrats to Gekokeso for taking home gold and getting 30 USD out of it, and Turtlek for getting second and winning 10! Thanks a bunch to everyone who played, means a lot to me. If you have any suggestions for this mod, feel free to shoot me a DM unless it's about Fauxster getting nerfed because I'm way ahead of you lmao

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)