Pet Mod [Gen 8] OptiMons V2 - 8th Slate: (R)ather (U)nderpowered

I think I have gotten too normal.
:rb/persian:

Persian[Optimized]
Abilities: Limber/Technician/Unnerve
Stats: 85/110/60/65/65/125 [BST: 510]
Added Moves: +Extreme Speed, Triple Axel, Shadow Sneak, Superpower
Summary of Changes: +20 hp, +50 attack, +10 speed, + moves
Description/Role: Good all-out-attacker with enough coverage moves to hit the meta, 125 speed lets it compete with weavile and 85 hp makes it less frail and take recoil from double edge better.

:gs/furret:

Furret [Optimized]
Abilities: Scrappy/Keen Eye/Frisk
Stats: 110/91/94/90/75/80 [BST: 535]
Added Moves: +Slack Off, Rapid Spin
Summary of Changes: idk, made a bunch of stat changes
Description/Role: Cool pivot with recovery, good bulk, unstoppable rapid spin, can better utilize its stellar coverage with decent attack stats.

:xy/furfrou:

Furfrou [Optimized]
Abilities: Fur Coat
Stats: 95/80/60/65/90/102 [BST: 492]
Added Moves: +Slack Off, Super Fang, Taunt
Summary of Changes: +20 hp
Description/Role: Another cool pivot with sky high defense, reliable recovery and taunt to shut slower hazard mons, can also deal damage in super fang.

Last edited:
:ss/Persian:

Persian [Optimized]
Abilities: Limber/Technician/Ha: Tough Claws
Stats: 65/100/60/65/65/115 Bst: 470
Added Moves: None
Summary of Changes: +30 atk, Tough claws replaces unnerve
Description/Role: Very strong and frail wallbreaker, does chunk to most things that don't resist its stabs and has a respectable speed tier already.

:ss/furret:

Furret [Optimized]
Abilities: Klutz/Keen eye/Ha:Frisk
Stats: 105/96/94/45/85/100 Bst: 525
Added Moves: +Taunt, +Recover
Summary of Changes: Added moves, +20 hp +20 atk, +30 def, +30 spdef, +10 speed
Description/Role: Can mess up passive teams with trick+assault vest/choiced items and super fang+taunt sets while being a decent pivot with u-turn and having reliable recovery.

:ss/furfrou:

Furfrou [Optimized]
Abilities: Fur coat/Ha: Simple
Stats: 95/80/60/80/90/125 Bst: 530
Added Moves: Hex, Glare, Smelling salts
Summary of Changes: +20 Hp, +15 spark, +23 spe
Description/Role: The idea is to spread paralysis with glare and use simple work up to boost both attacking stats. From there you spam hex and smelling salts on everything else that hex cannot hit. Pretty scary wallbreaker on paper but hard to execute in practice.

Persian [Optimized]
:dp/persian:
Fairy.png

Abilities: Limber / Technician / Unnerve
Stats: 55 / 70 / 85 / 120 / 90 / 115 [535 BST]
Added Moves: Aura Sphere, Charge Beam, Draining Kiss, Meteor Beam, Moonblast, Snarl, Vacuum Wave
Summary of Changes: -10 HP, -20 Atk, +25 Def, +65 SpA, +35 SpD
Description/Role: Persian is now a fast Special Attacker with access to Meteor Beam and Nasty Plot to set up, and can use Technician-boosted Draining Kisses to remain healthy.

Furret [Optimized]
:dp/furret:
fighting.png

Abilities: Frisk / Keen Eye / No Guard
Stats: 85 / 115 / 64 / 106 / 55 / 110 [535 BST]
Added Moves: Extreme Speed, Hydro Pump, Mach Punch, Mega Kick, Stomping Tantrum, Stone Edge
Summary of Changes: +39 Atk, +61 SpA, +20 Spe
Description/Role: No Guard allows Furret to abuse Dynamic Punch and Mega Kick as powerful STABs. 106 base Special Attack allows Furret, if desired, to take advantage of its impressive special movepool, which boasts high-power inaccurate moves, such as Focus Blast, Thunder, and Blizzard.

Last edited:

Voden

formerly megaspoopy000
Submission Phase is over! Veto Time!

Persian [Optimized]
:dp/persian:
Fairy.png

Abilities: Limber / Technician / Unnerve
Stats: 55 / 50 / 85 / 130 / 100 / 115 [535 BST]
Added Moves: Aura Sphere, Charge Beam, Draining Kiss, Meteor Beam, Moonblast, Snarl, Vacuum Wave
Summary of Changes: -10 HP, -20 Atk, +25 Def, +65 SpA, +35 SpD
Description/Role: Persian is now a fast Special Attacker with access to Meteor Beam and Nasty Plot to set up, and can use Technician-boosted Draining Kisses to remain healthy.
this might be a little too troublesome at 130/115 offenses with the variability it has in its special movepool, especially with technician, as it not only would bolster the Fighting, Dark, and Fairy coverage you gave it, It has BoltBeam in Shock Wave/Charge Beam and Icy Wind/Hidden Power Ice, Water Pulse, and Shadow Ball, so reducing Special Attack and Speed a little should do it.

:xy/furfrou:

Furfrou [Optimized]
Abilities: Fur Coat
Stats: 95/80/60/65/90/102 [BST: 492]
Added Moves: +Pain Split, Body Press, Taunt
Summary of Changes: +20 hp
Description/Role: Another cool pivot but with a hard hitting body press and taunt + amazing speed tier to shut down hazard setters, Pain Split don't do much with its high hp stat but still an effective way to give it recovery without turning it into toxapex.
this is not vetoed by any means, but i thought that i would take the chance to let you know that Body Press does not take in account the Fur Coat buff, meaning that this Furfrou would be shooting off BP's with 60 base def

Voting Phase will start whenever the Veto and the recommendation are fixed, or in 24 hours<3

Submission Phase is over! Veto Time!

this might be a little too troublesome at 130/115 offenses with the variability it has in its special movepool, especially with technician, as it not only would bolster the Fighting, Dark, and Fairy coverage you gave it, It has BoltBeam in Shock Wave/Charge Beam and Icy Wind/Hidden Power Ice, Water Pulse, and Shadow Ball, so reducing Special Attack and Speed a little should do it.

this is not vetoed by any means, but i thought that i would take the chance to let you know that Body Press does not take in account the Fur Coat buff, meaning that this Furfrou would be shooting off BP's with 60 base def

Voting Phase will start whenever the Veto and the recommendation are fixed, or in 24 hours<3
I lowered Persian's Special Attack and Special Defense by a few points and shifted them into Attack. I didn't really want to lower its Speed, as it already started with 115. Is the edited version fine?

Voden

formerly megaspoopy000
Yep, its good, but please refrain from posting one-liners on the thread, there's a discord where you can ask all the question you have, I'd suggest you join it<3

And since both subs have been fixed, Voting can now start! You can vote for 3 submissions made for each Pokemon. 1st place is 3 points, 2nd place is 2 points, and 3rd place is one.
Self-vote CAN'T be 1st place.
Voting Phase will last 24 hours.
Template:
:furret::
:persian::
:furfrou::

:furret:: Reuniclus Supremacy, megaspoopy000
:persian:: megaspoopy000, r1dude, Copen
:furfrou:: analysis geek, r1dude

Last edited:
So I've been wanting to say this for a while and I guess I'll just go out and say it: this iteration of the mod has a serious power level issue.

The various winners of the mod are seriously low in power level. Looking through the archive, only a very few are even usable in NatDex OU. Many if not most are barely passable at NatDex UU's power level. If this mod is truly OptiMons, than I would not say it is not living up to its name.

This isn't to rag on megaspoopy; I really appreciate the work you have put into this project. But I think the goals and process need some clarification. My immediate thought is that for each slate, submitters will declare which tier they are optimizing for. Perhaps to encourage variety of power levels, submitters will only be able to optimize one of their subs for OU, one for UU, and one for RU. This would prevent bloating the meta with new additions, and mons intended for lower tiers can still see niche success in the higher tiers. Or megaspoopy can simply declare that X mon should optimized for X tier right out the bat. Regardless, I think that something needs to be done, as right now, I am not seeing the optimized part of the mod all that clearly.

Voden

formerly megaspoopy000
Voting is Closed! And the winners are:

I think I have gotten too normal.
:rb/persian:

Persian[Optimized]
Abilities: Limber/Technician/Unnerve
Stats: 85/110/60/65/65/125 [BST: 510]
Added Moves: +Extreme Speed, Triple Axel, Shadow Sneak, Superpower
Summary of Changes: +20 hp, +50 attack, +10 speed, + moves
Description/Role: Good all-out-attacker with enough coverage moves to hit the meta, 125 speed lets it compete with weavile and 85 hp makes it less frail and take recoil from double edge better.
r1dude's Persian!

:ss/furfrou:

Furfrou [Optimized]
Abilities: Fur coat/Ha: Simple
Stats: 95/80/60/80/90/125 Bst: 530
Added Moves: Hex, Glare, Smelling salts
Summary of Changes: +20 Hp, +15 spark, +23 spe
Description/Role: The idea is to spread paralysis with glare and use simple work up to boost both attacking stats. From there you spam hex and smelling salts on everything else that hex cannot hit. Pretty scary wallbreaker on paper but hard to execute in practice.
analysis geek's Furfrou!

And there has been a tie between:

Furret [Optimized]
fighting.png

Added Moves: Extreme Speed, Hydro Pump, Mach Punch, Mega Kick, Stomping Tantrum, Stone Edge
Description/Role: No Guard allows Furret to abuse Dynamic Punch and Mega Kick as powerful STABs. 106 base Special Attack allows Furret, if desired, to take advantage of its impressive special movepool, which boasts high-power inaccurate moves, such as Focus Blast, Thunder, and Blizzard.
Reuniclus Supremacy's Furret!

:ss/furret:

Furret [Optimized]
Abilities: Klutz/Keen eye/Ha:Frisk
Stats: 105/96/94/45/85/100 Bst: 525
Added Moves: +Taunt, +Recover
Summary of Changes: Added moves, +20 hp +20 atk, +30 def, +30 spdef, +10 speed
Description/Role: Can mess up passive teams with trick+assault vest/choiced items and super fang+taunt sets while being a decent pivot with u-turn and having reliable recovery.
And analysis geek's!

The next vote casted will break the tie, and as always, no self votes<3

And now, to address what Koista12 said; you're right, I have been seeing a really varying power level in each slate, and even between posts, as if submissions were lacking something, now I see what is missing, and after this slate is over, I will be taking a few days, maybe a week, to prepare the next slates with what you suggested incorporated in some way, and a way to better direct and guide future submissions, thank you for your input, it has really helped me<3

Voden

formerly megaspoopy000
Furret [Optimized]
fighting.png

And with that, Reuniclus Supremacy wins for Furret, Congrats to the winners!
Next slate will be live in approximately a week, feel free to leave your thoughts on the new inclusions to the meta<3

Voden

formerly megaspoopy000
8th Slate: (R)ather (U)nderpowered
:ss/nidoqueen: :sm/florges: :sm/bronzong:
OptiMonsV2 is back and better bitches!!!!! and with a new system to help balance out the power level on the mod!

This new system will work like this; you will be given the usual 3 mons, with a power level described on what tier they should be good in (thanks Koista<3), and several roles of which you can pick whatever you like, for example: for the Nidoqueen you could improve on 3 sets, Wallbreaker, Stealth Rocks Setter, and you could give it pivoting and make it a Defensive Pivot, 2 of the previous mentioned, like Wallbreaking and SR, or just say fuck it and improve it on all of them!

So at the end of the day, you could end with a Flip Turn Nidoqueen, that is able to Wallbreak and take a few blows while still being able to set rocks reliably!

Nidoqueen: UU-OU, Wallbreaker/SR/Defensive Pivot
Florges: UU-OU, Cleric/Offensive Pivot
Bronzong: OU, Wall that walls Weavile, Landorus and Heatran depending of the build, Customs Allowed*

Now, some specific points about the requested mons:
  • Nidoqueen should be different from Nidoking in the case that you make her a Wallbreaker, make her distinguishable from Nidoking in a role perspective, not just a luke-warm or overpowered Nidoking.
  • Florges roles usually would be able to coincide, as the cleric role should only take ab 2 Moveslots more or less.
  • Bronzong should be able to wall all of the S-tier mons depending on the build as stated, that's kinda hard to do with normal submissions, so that's why Customs are slightly allowed for this one, re-read that, Slightly. Please try to not go overboard with the customs on this one.*

As usual, Submission Slate will last 6-7 days. Good Luck!<3

:sm/nidoqueen:

Abilities: Poison Point / Thick Fat | Parental Bond
Stats:
90 / 92 / 107 / 85 / 100 / 76 [550 BST]
Added Moves: +Slack Off, Spikes
Removed Moves: -Seismic Toss, Super Fang
Summary of Changes: +20 Def, +10 SpA, +15 SpD
Description/Role: Nidoqueen can now act as the bulky tank it was meant to be, with increased defensive stats and Slack Off providing increased longevity. Thick Fat gives an Ice neutrality and a Fire resistance, while Spikes allow it to provide long term team support. For offensive sets, Parental Bond + Specs allows it deal a hefty amount of damage, and Parental Bond makes sense given its Pokedex entries.

:sm/florges:
Fairy.png

Abilities: Flower Veil / Natural Cure | Symbiosis
Stats: 134 / 65 / 76 / 112 / 98 / 75 [560 BST]
Added Moves: +Court Change, Draining Kiss, Earth Power, Healing Wish
Summary of Changes: +56 HP, +8 Def, - 56 SpD
Description/Role: Florges gets a near complete revamp. Playing into the "its a flower but not a Grass type" bit, I added the Ground typing for its relationship with the Earth. Fairy / Ground is an excellent offensive typing and a good defensive one, and justifies using Florges over any of the Tapus or Clefable. While Florges had great special bulk and all, but its stat spread was really inefficient in conjunction with awful physical bulk, and so I rearranged its defenses to make its PhysDef passable while still allowing it amazing SpDef with investment. Move additions are pretty tame stuff except for Court Change. This makes Florges a unique means of hazard control in conjunction with its role as a cleric. For abilities, Natural Cure lets it absorb status which is pretty much required for a cleric. While Florges may seem incredibly strong, it still suffers from a lack of reliable recovery, forced between either Wish or Synthesis if it wishes to remain healthy, and the added weaknesses from the Ground typing are pretty relevant.

:sm/bronzong:

Abilities: Levitate / Heatproof* | Forewarn*
Stats:
87 / 89 / 116 / 79 / 116 / 33 [520 BST]
Added Moves: +Heal Bell, Recover, Volt Switch
Removed Moves: -Toxic
Changed Elements: Heatproof - wielder is immune to Fire type moves and cannot be burnt
Forewarn - wielder is immune to Dark type moves
Summary of Changes: +20 HP
Description/Role: I think this is the simplest way to make Bronzong wall all 3 S types depending on the set, without making its bulk obscene. With buffs for Heatproof and Forewarn, Bronzong can choose between 3 abilities, each granting a different immunity. Additionally, it gets a pretty nice bulk increase, reliable recovery, pivoting, and Heal Bell (which it probably won't have room for but the Bell Pokemon should've had this move all along). You may ask, how is this not broken? Well, its so passive its not even funny. With the removal of Toxic, Bronzong really only has Earthquake, Body Press, and Heavy Slam/Gyro Ball to deal damage off a base 89 attack. If an opponent doesnt care about any of those moves than it can freely set up on Bronzong to its heart's content. Regardless, I think that Bronzong is still a top tier defensive threat on teams that can make up for its passivity.

:rb/nidoqueen:

Nidoqueen [Optimized]
Abilities: Poison Point/Rough Skin/Sheer Force
Stats: 98/52/127/75/85/70 [BST: 512]
Added Moves: +U-turn, Slack Off
Summary of Changes: +8 hp, +35 def, -40 atk, -6 speed
Description/Role: Fat wall that can pivot and deal massive damage with Body Press coming out from base 127 defense or sheer force boosted attacks.

Voden

formerly megaspoopy000
Hello, sorry for the inactivity, I have had a few things I've had to do in my daily life, and I couldn't find the time to check in here, but it seems it wasn't necessary, with the arrival of new mods people have shifted their attention to them instead of the least popular mods like this one, and we haven't had time to explore the new Submission mechanic, so I will be extending the Submission Phase a whole week!

I'll be waiting for your subs!

hopefully subs aren’t closed since unfortunately there’s not a lot of them, hopefully this helps with reviving this

:ss/bronzong:
Bronzong [Optimized]
Typing: Steel/Ghost
Abilities: Levitate / Heatproof / Heavy Metal
Stats: 82 / 99 / 116 / 79 / 116 / 33 {BST: 520}
Added Moves: + Pain Split, Volt Switch, Poltergeist
Summary of Changes: +15 HP, +10 Atk, + Pain Split, Volt Switch, Poltergeist
Description/Role: Bulky Hazards setter and spinblocker that can pivot out. Pain Split allows it to heal a bit, while Poltergeist prevents it from being too passive

:ss/florges:
Florges [Optimized]
Typing: Fairy/Grass
Abilities: Natural Cure / Symbiosis
Stats: 88 / 55 / 78 / 112 / 154 / 65 {BST: 552}
Added Moves: + Earth Power, Leaf Storm, Teleport, Knock Off, Leech Seed, Sleep Powder
Summary of Changes: -10 Atk, -10 Spe, +10 Def, + 10 HP, + Earth Power, Leaf Storm, Teleport, Knock Off, Leech Seed
Description/Role: Your utility pivot and bulky Grass-type. Earth Power allows it to damage Steels and Poisons, while the rest of the moves added allow it to have a wider variety of movesets.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)