Ability: Mega Launcher
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Aura Sphere
- Dragon Pulse
- Flash Cannon
- Flamethrower

This thing gets Aura Sphere now so it can run a Mega Launcher set with great instant power. Or it can use the much more broken set which is...

Kommo-o @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 SpA or Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature / Jolly
- Clangorous Soul (omnibooster that takes 1/3 hp)
- Protect / Taunt
- 2 Move Coverage

This set looks really nice as it can omniboost up with almost no drawback thanks to Poison Heal. This set will be able to stallbreak thanks to Poison Heal / possible Taunt and also be really solid versus offense because of its boosts allowiing to outspeed, ko, and avoid revenge kills. I could see this easily becoming broken honestly, but Unaware is still in as is Pex and phazing / Fairy types, so we'll see.

Final Kommo-O set:
Kommo-o
Ability: Galvanize
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Clanging Scales
- Aura Sphere
- Clangorous Soul / Taunt / Stealth Rock / IDK

They gave Kommo-O Boomburst for some reason. I gave it Galvanize as a way to hit prankster Pex and Corviknight. It also hits Togekiss and Primarina, which due to lack of variety look to be some of the more relevant Fairy types. Honestly not sure what to put in the last slot, or what the item should be. Could even go AoA and run specs or LO, but atm I think I'd prefer lefties.

:sm/gengar:
Gengar @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave / Taunt
- Focus Blast / Taunt

Yeah we know, broken mon, next.

Perish Body looks fun for Perish Trap shenanigans.
Neutralizing Gas looks broken on sweepers as usual.
We got some broken moves this time around. Let's Go list them (haha get it because you can't use the Let's Go moves :( ).

Clangorous Soul I can't actually find what type this is anywhere but I'm assuming Dragon. Hydreigon and Dragapult both look like good abusers of this move as it fixes either their speed and power respectively while shoring up both of their bulk. Sets might look like this

:sm/Hydreigon:
Hydreigon @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Clangorous Soul
- Dark Pulse
- Core Enforcer
- Roost

[insert dragapult sprite here]
Dragapult @ Life Orb / Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body / Infiltrator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Clangorous Soul
- Spectral Thief
- Dragon Darts
- Sucker Punch I guess?

Of course Kommo-O will likely also be a good user but that's boring.

Double Iron Bash If only Scizor were here to see this... Once JIrachi gets released we're in for a fun time. Even before then this move is kinda borked because it's 120 BP and on anything fast has a high chance to flinch. Probably gonna get banned pretty quickly if there are any abusers found (Klinklang OP)

Fishious Rend This is an 85 BP (or so I'm told) Water type move that doubles in power when the user outspeeds the target. Baraskewda and Barbaracle look like the best abusers of this move, as physical waters are a little thin on the ground now.

Bolt Beak This is the same thing as above but Electric instead of water. The best abuser looks to be Zeraora once it's released, and this may be borked af.

Octolock Kommo-O (I know I'm bringing it up a lot) gets this + Clangorous Soul. Bruh moment. Trap something, its attack stats get lowered, you boost to +6 everything and win. Fun :D Other mons that could appreciate this are Terrakion (once it gets released) and maybe Lucario.

I thought Octolock lowers defenses, not offenses.
I'm dumb

Not gonna talk about mons particularly

EDIT: OK I lied one mon
:sm/gyarados:
Gyarados @ Life Orb / Leftovers / Protective Pads
Ability: Moxie / Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Power Whip / Liquidation / Roost / Taunt

This mon is going to be really difficult to wall. I don't think anything really can (maybe Ferrothorn?) because of all the options it has in its last slot. Dragon Ascent and Earthquake take out most things at +1. Power Whip and Liquidation take care of Rotom-W and Rotom-H respectively

+1 252 Atk Life Orb Gyarados Power Whip vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Rotom-Wash: 341-403 (112.1 - 132.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO +1 252 Atk Life Orb Gyarados Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Rotom-Heat: 343-406 (112.8 - 133.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO +1 252 Atk Life Orb Gyarados Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Toxapex: 286-338 (94 - 111.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and Black Sludge recovery

Life Orb clinches a lot of KOs but loses out on longevity compared to Leftovers. Taunt / Roost + Leftovers lets you set up past +1 in many walls faces. Pads lets you avoid Beak Blast from Corviknight, which will presumably be the new, worse, Steela, and against which I can't be bothered to calc until the damage calc is updated.

Last edited:
This is a silly aspect. Once you cross that border, demands that Pokémon should get moves that they most likely would gave gotten will start to happen. What happens when people start to argue Greninja should get Parting Shot since that move has been generously distributed this generation? Everyone would expect Garchomp to finally gain Dragon Dance since every Dragon got it now right? Alakazam should definitely be able to learn Nasty Plot seeing that similar Pokémon now have access to it. The reverse is true. I guess now we will decide which of the new Dark types should get Knock Off and Pursuit and what shouldn't. And while being outclassed several Pokémon in the past have had Jump Kick over High Jump Kick especially if not STAB so I guess we will have to start thinking about what Pokémon should get that too, RIGHT?
Slippery slope doesnt apply here. Im asking that stuff that used to exist -> exist again. Thats all. No arbitary changes, no movepool changes, no theorymon

The only difficult thing that IS theorymon i admit is how dynamax is gonna interact with megas, since these two mechanics were never supposed to clash

Slippery slope doesnt work here. Im asking that stuff that used to exist -> exist again. Thats all. No arbitary changes, no movepool changes, no theorymon
Gems other than Normal Gem used to exist. Berzerk Gene used to exist. E-reader berries used to exist. Should those be brought back too?

The only difficult thing that IS theorymon i admit is how dynamax is gonna interact with megas, since these two mechanics were never supposed to clash
How about how new moves interact with Z-crystals, particularly status moves?

why does there need to be an interaction? there are no z moves for new moves and no max moves for cut moves. you just can't use one with the other, the option is greyed out

Gems other than Normal Gem used to exist. Berzerk Gene used to exist. E-reader berries used to exist. Should those be brought back too?

Because its #bringbacknationaldex not bring back everything, its simple really

Atlhough u do make a good point, asking for pursuit, return and others back is just as arbitary as asking for some particular items such as gems as well. So i guess im only sticking to asking for megas

What makes Megas worth bringing back, but you are so hell bent on leaving behind Z-Moves? Are those not past mechanics that defined a generation as well LordHelix
Its not about bringing back every mechanic its abt bringing back every pokemon

Also I dont want to be dismissive of zmoves because i dont really know how popular they really are, but i literally have not seen a single person, on any social media, unironically ask for zmoves back

I want megas back because theyre pokemon, with their own unique stats, abilities and even national dex entries

This is a silly aspect. Once you cross that border, demands that Pokémon should get moves that they most likely would gave gotten will start to happen. What happens when people start to argue Greninja should get Parting Shot since that move has been generously distributed this generation? Everyone would expect Garchomp to finally gain Dragon Dance since every Dragon got it now right? Alakazam should definitely be able to learn Nasty Plot seeing that similar Pokémon now have access to it. The reverse is true. I guess now we will decide which of the new Dark types should get Knock Off and Pursuit and what shouldn't. And while being outclassed several Pokémon in the past have had Jump Kick over High Jump Kick especially if not STAB so I guess we will have to start thinking about what Pokémon should get that too, RIGHT?
You know, that makes me wonder if there should be a NatDex which will have all Pokémon (and all moves?), and a NatDex+ which will restore Megas/Z-Crystals, the removed moves and host many community votes to decide what move to distribute to older Pokémon (ex. “Who will get the TR Aura Sphere?”).

Of course, it’s too soon to cross that bridge, but maybe after NatDex becomes a thing, a “Legacy” OM could be something to be considered.

Fishious Rend This is an 85 BP (or so I'm told) Water type move that doubles in power when the user outspeeds the target. Baraskewda and Barbaracle look like the best abusers of this move, as physical waters are a little thin on the ground now.

Bolt Beak This is the same thing as above but Electric instead of water. The best abuser looks to be Zeraora once it's released, and this may be borked af.
(in the context of STABMONS)

Honestly, given that your offensive mon is usually brought on things it beats (either takes no damage or outspeeds) and most defensive switchins are due to their stat spread slower, these moves will almost always have 170 bp - which is completely insane. GF effectively managed to make water and electric type V-Create without the stat drop drawback.

Imagine Barraskewda with a 170 bp stab under rain - impossible to outspeed, impossible to switch into. As much as I love abusing weather this seems completely busted to me. Same goes for shellsmashers. Even just regular scarfers with a good atk stat get 170 bp stab. Am I crazy or does this seem insanely busted to anyone else?

Here are some sets I thought up.

Darmanitan-Galar @ Salac Berry / Heavy Duty Boots
Ability: Zen Mode
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Icicle Crash
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake / Substitute / Encore / Yawn

Galarian Zen Darmanitan looks absurd, with Belly Drum immediately putting it into Zen Mode range. I don't think Flare Blitz is optimal on this mon, as recoil damage is really scary at half health. The last slot is up in the air. Earthquake lets you OHKO physically defensive Toxapex, Substitute aids in setting up and lets you get into Salac range without hazard damage, and Encore and Yawn both also aid in setting up.

Darmanitan-Galar @ Choice Scarf / Choice Band / Heavy Duty Boots
Ability: Gorilla Tactics
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Flare Blitz / Superpower

A choice item is an extremely good option for non-Zen Galarian Darmanitan, as it's already locked into a single move. U-turn allows for powerful pivoting, EQ is needed for Toxapex, and Flare Blitz lets even Scarf sets demolish Ferrothorn. I'm not sure what Superpower would be good for, but it's there too.

Charizard @ Salac Berry / Sitrus Berry
Ability: Blaze
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Acrobatics
- Blaze Kick
- Substitute / Earthquake

Charizard can finally use Acrobatics and Belly Drum on the same set! Once again, Flare Blitz isn't ideal, but Charizard now has Blaze Kick to play with. Earthquake hits Rocks and Toxapex, while Substitute let you use Salac Berry, and also lets you more easily get into Blaze range. In AAA, Sitrus + Unburden sounds fun.

Clefable @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Magic Guard
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Play Rough
- Thunder Punch
- Fire Punch

The meme is real.

Celebi @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot / Calm Mind
- Giga Drain / Energy Ball / Leaf Storm
- Psychic
- Aura Sphere

Celebi now gets Aura Sphere, which makes up for the loss of Hidden Power. The lack of Heatran also makes Earth Power less valuable.

Spr_5b2_646B.png

I mean, let's face it, this thing isn't staying anymore. It finally got what it always wanted, an at least decent Ice-STAB, and it did. Icicle Spear is super nice for it, being able to plough through pretty much every single Pokémon now. (Mega) Scizor not being in the game is super good for it as well, considering Scizor would be able to use Bullet Punch to RK it. Kyurem-Black also has no way of touching it anymore with Hidden Power [Fire] being gone. But wait, this monster also got Dragon Dance. We have done it, we made the Pokémon get revenge on us for unbanning it way back in Gen. 5, and is here to get all our souls. Teravolt also means Unaware users, such as Clefable and Quagsire, won't be able to wall it. Dragon Dance, combined with its solid bulk, will make this thing a terrifying sweeper. I don't see this thing staying. It was nice having ya, buddy.
+1 252 Atk Life Orb Teravolt Kyurem-Black Icicle Spear (3 hits) vs. 252 HP / 24 Def Ferrothorn: 225-273 (63.9 - 77.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 252 Atk Life Orb Teravolt Kyurem-Black Icicle Spear (3 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 261-309 (66.2 - 78.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 252 Atk Life Orb Teravolt Kyurem-Black Icicle Spear (3 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Quagsire: 234-282 (59.3 - 71.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 252 Atk Life Orb Teravolt Kyurem-Black Fusion Bolt vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 278-328 (91.4 - 107.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and Black Sludge recovery
+1 252 Atk Life Orb Teravolt Kyurem-Black Fusion Bolt vs. 252 HP / 200+ Def Rotom-Wash: 186-220 (61.1 - 72.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Spr_5b_530.png

I think weather is going to be very good in this generation, and I'll start off with Excadrill. Excadrill got some huge buffs that we all know by now. Rapid Spin gives a +1 Speed boost now, making Sand support not even always necessary. Above this, Rapid Spin also got buffed to 50 BP, which might actually help you killing off a weakened Rotom-Wash
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Excadrill Rapid Spin vs. 252 HP / 200+ Def Rotom-Wash: 116-136 (38.1 - 44.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
This thing is going to be an absolute menace to deal with, considering a lot of soft checks or revenge killers (like Landorus-Therian, Skarmory, Greninja-Ash, Alakazam-Mega (with Trace), Celesteela) are gone. Corviknight is still there, which will be annoying for it, but with the proper support it shouldn't be too big a deal. This thing is going to be a top tier threat, and will absolutely be something all teams probably need at least two checks for. (Also fun fact, Max Rockfall activates Sandstorm as well. If you use that with Rock Slide, you have both Sand support and something to break through Corviknight. Absolute beast.)

Spr_5b_003_m.png
Spr_5b_470_s.png
Spr_5b_537.png
Spr_5b_272_m.png
Spr_5b_460_m.png
Spr_5b_584.png

Now on to the other weather Pokémon. All these 'mons got some great little tools that could really help them be even better on their respective weather teams. Venusaur now gets access to the combination of Chlorophyll + Weather Ball, which is an insane power boost from the previous Hidden Power [Fire] (which doesn't even exist anymore). It now also gets Earth Power, but without Heatran around I do think Weather Ball will stay the superior coverage move. Leafeon now gets Solar Blade, and this thing is going to dish out some damage at +2. Solar Blade is able to nearly OHKO a lot of offensive resists with a +2 Adamant LO Solar Blade. I think it's going to be super fun using this 'mon! Seismitoad can now run a threatening Physical moveset, consisting of Liquidation / Earthquake / Power Whip, allowing it to break through Rotom-Wash which could be very annoying for Rain teams. Ludicolo also now has a better Grass-STAB in Leaf Storm. This may or may not be better than Giga Drain, but it's definitely something noteworthy. Both Abomasnow and Vanilluxe now have access to Aurora Veil, and while they're not as fast as Ninetales-Alola, they offer a way stronger offensive presence which threatens the oponnent way more. Abomasnow now also has access to Earth Power which is pretty neat (and Leaf Storm!!)

aegislash.gif

Now onto more broken Pokémon. Despite this thing having both its offenses and defenses nerved to base 140 instead of base 150, this 'mon will still create way too many 50/50's for it to be balanced. It getting Close Combat only allows it to break through even more 'mons, and Pursuit not being here (Bisharp was the only thing that could trap this thing anyway, but w/e) is also pretty big. It will just terrorize the first week of SWSH OU, with its stupid SubToxShield, and some SD sets here and there. And then hopefully bye bye motherfucker

Spr_5b_094.png
Spr_5b_479.png
Spr_5b_635.png

So these three got Nasty Plot and they're going to be good with it without a doubt. Gengar is threatening as hell and will finally be able to actually beat :ThaPex: now. It's still checked by faster Pokémon of course, but it will definitely give Gengar the revenge it wants on it dropping to UU for the first time last generation. Rotom will be pretty nice with Nasty, 'cause it will allow its offensive oriented sets to be way more threatening. Rotom-Wash for OU, and the rest for the lower tiers. They have a decent speed tier and will definitely be fun to abuse with this new move. Hydreigon just became the most feared wallbreaker in OU lol. Its already great Sp. Atk gets doubled and basically nothing switches in anymore. I will probably still find trouble setting up, plus the meta will be quite offensive (most likely) thus it'll get checked by its speed tier, but will be such a good Pokémon and can't wait to use it.

Spr_5b_009.png
goodra.gif
primarina.gif

Lastly I wanted to talk about Life Dew. Blastoise's problem was mostly that it had no form of reliable recovery. It didn't have room for Rest (which isn't reliable) and always had to be careful to not let its Lefties get Knocked. Now, it's a much better support 'mon. Being able to check Physical attackers a lot better, and still offering Rapid Spin (which boosts Speed!). (Shell Smash is nice sure but Stoise is still weak and has ass coverage moves). Goodra is now a way more consistent check to Special Attackers, mainly the Fire, Electric, Water and Grass ones. It's able to keep itself healthy throughout the match while having a really nice offensive presence at the same time. Will definitely have a solid niche. Primarina now has Life Dew and that made this Pokémon so much better. It also gets Calm Mind now, so a Calm Mind + Life Dew + Moonblast + filler might be something cool. Still susceptible to status, but will be fun either way.

Edit: Fuck

Long post but I just needed to get my initial thoughts out there. I think this meta will be very fun if we ban dynamaxing and am very hopeful for the Generation 8 of Pokémon!

PS: Clanger never dies.

CLANGER IS BACK.jpg

PSS:
rainpex_but_I_hate_it.gif
(ban pex)

Attachments

Last edited:
Lastly I wanted to talk about Life Dew. Blastoise's problem was mostly that it had no form of reliable recovery. It didn't have room for Rest (which isn't reliable) and always had to be careful to not let its Lefties get Knocked. Now, it's a much better support 'mon. Being able to check Physical attackers a lot better, and still offering Rapid Spin (which boosts Speed!). (Shell Smash is nice sure but Stoise is still weak and has ass coverage moves). Goodra is now a way more consistent check to Special Attackers, mainly the Fire, Electric, Water and Grass ones. It's able to keep itself healthy throughout the match while having a really nice offensive presence at the same time. Will definitely have a solid niche. Primarina now has Life Dew and that made this Pokémon so much better. It also gets Calm Mind now, so a Calm Mind + Life Dew + Moonblast + filler might be something cool. Still susceptible to status, but will be fun either way.
Life Dew only heals 25%, even in singles, so it's an ass recovery move.

Also, Blastoise may not be the strongest mon out there, but 83 Attack and 85 Special Attack aren't unusable, and you're tripping if you think its coverage is bad. Hydro Pump and Liquidation hit most things for neutral damage, Ice Beam and Ice Punch hit most of the Grasses and Dragons that resist Water, Focus Blast, Aura Sphere, and Brick Break hit Ferrothorn, Dark Pulse and Crunch hit Jellicent, and Earthquake hits Toxapex.

I've compiled all moves and abilities that were temporarily unreleased as no pokemon gets access to in-game for Gen8's STABmons and AAA respectively.
(Still Incomplete: lmk what is still missing)
Accelerock
Aeroblast
Beak Blast
Chatter
Conversion
Conversion2
Core Enforcer
Dark Void*
Diamond Storm
Dragon Ascent
Dragon Hammer
Fiery Dance
Fleur Cannon
Geomancy
Hyperspace Fury*
Hyperspace Hole
Ice Hammer
Judgment
Land's Wrath
Light of Ruin
Lovely Kiss
Lunar Dance
Magma Storm
Mind Blown
Nature's Madness
Oblivion Wing
Origin Pulse
Precipice Blades
Psycho Boost
Relic Song
Revelation Dance
Sacred Fire
Seed Flare
Shadow Bone
Shore Up
Spacial Rend
Steam Eruption
Tail Glow
Techno Blast
Thousand Arrows
Thousand Waves
V-create
Aerilate
Battle Bond
Beast Boost
Comatose
Dark Aura
Dazzling
Desolate Land
Fairy Aura
Gale Wings
Galvanize
Mega Launcher
Motor Drive
Multiscale
Normalize
Parental Bond
Poison Heal
Power Construct
Primordial Sea
Protean
Pure Power
Refrigerate
Slow Start
Stakeout
Triage
Truant
Victory Star
Though, it is up to the council of the said metagame to decide whether or not they should be allowed to used, moreso on STABmons as they stated in their Q&A that only released moves can be used:

Q: What about unreleased moves such as Light of Ruin?
A: Only released moves are available
Edit: Whoops, the ability section was cutted, mbad. Fixed

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Because its #bringbacknationaldex not bring back everything, its simple really

Atlhough u do make a good point, asking for pursuit, return and others back is just as arbitary as asking for some particular items such as gems as well. So i guess im only sticking to asking for megas

Its not about bringing back every mechanic its abt bringing back every pokemon

Also I dont want to be dismissive of zmoves because i dont really know how popular they really are, but i literally have not seen a single person, on any social media, unironically ask for zmoves back

I want megas back because theyre pokemon, with their own unique stats, abilities and even national dex entries
Mega Stones exist in the code and do not function. Same with Z crystals. Restoring the national dex would not inherently change these items. An all dex metagame would be exactly that and no more. We would not be attempting to restore mechanics scrapped by this generation.

I've compiled all moves and abilities that were temporarily unreleased as no pokemon gets access to in-game for Gen8's STABmons and AAA respectively.
(Still Incomplete: lmk what is still missing)
Accelerock
Aeroblast
Beak Blast
Chatter
Conversion
Conversion2
Core Enforcer
Dark Void*
Diamond Storm
Dragon Ascent
Dragon Hammer
Fiery Dance
Fleur Cannon
Geomancy
Hyperspace Fury*
Hyperspace Hole
Ice Hammer
Judgment
Land's Wrath
Light of Ruin
Lovely Kiss
Lunar Dance
Magma Storm
Mind Blown
Nature's Madness
Oblivion Wing
Origin Pulse
Precipice Blades
Psycho Boost
Relic Song
Revelation Dance
Sacred Fire
Seed Flare
Shadow Bone
Shore Up
Spacial Rend
Steam Eruption
Tail Glow
Techno Blast
Thousand Arrows
Thousand Waves
V-create
Aerilate
Battle Bond
Beast Boost
Comatose
Dark Aura
Dazzling
Desolate Land
Fairy Aura
Gale Wings
Galvanize
Mega Launcher
Motor Drive
Multiscale
Normalize
Parental Bond
Poison Heal
Power Construct
Primordial Sea
Protean
Pure Power
Refrigerate
Slow Start
Stakeout
Triage
Truant
Victory Star
Though, it is up to the council of the said metagame to decide whether or not they should be allowed to used, moreso on STABmons as they stated in their Q&A that only released moves can be used:

Q: What about unreleased moves such as Light of Ruin?
A: Only released moves are available
Edit: Whoops, the ability section was cutted, mbad. Fixed
Since the abilities are included in the code (barring the moves that were just removed) we're going to use them from the start in both metagames. We wouldn't want AAA without Truant :3

I still don't see why a metagame that kept cut pokemon, cut moves, mega evolutions and z moves would be pet mod territory if you just stuck to the rules that
  • cut pokemon can't use moves that they couldn't know from previous gens
  • cut moves can't be learned by creatures who couldn't already learn them from previous gens
  • cut moves cannot be used when a pokemon dynamaxes, since there is no max move equivalent
  • newly introduced moves can't be used as z-moves because they have no z-move equivalent
Granted, I'm probably misunderstanding the difference between a metagame and a pet mod, but that seems like hard and fast rules to me

from another thread,
Here are all the moves that have CanUseMove set to false. Moves that weren't listed in the original list of cut moves are in bold.
Karate Chop
Double Slap
Comet Punch
Razor Wind
Jump Kick
Rolling Kick
Twineedle
Sonic Boom
Dragon Rage
Meditate
Rage
Barrier
Bide
Mirror Move
Egg Bomb
Bone Club
Clamp
Spike Cannon
Constrict
Kinesis
Barrage
Lovely Kiss
Bubble
Dizzy Punch
Flash
Psywave
Bonemerang
Hyper Fang

Sharpen
Conversion
Sketch

Spider Web
Nightmare
Conversion 2
Aeroblast

Feint Attack
Foresight
Milk Drink
Return
Frustration
Sacred Fire
Magnitude
Pursuit
Hidden Power
Smelling Salts
Assist
Refresh
Snatch
Secret Power
Camouflage
Tail Glow
Luster Purge
Mist Ball

Mud Sport
Ice Ball
Needle Arm
Odor Sleuth
Silver Wind
Grass Whistle
Signal Beam
Sky Uppercut
Water Sport
Psycho Boost
Miracle Eye
Wake-Up Slap
Natural Gift
Embargo
Trump Card
Heal Block
Wring Out
Lucky Chant
Me First
Punishment
Heart Swap
Mud Bomb
Mirror Shot
Rock Climb
Magnet Bomb
Captivate
Chatter
Judgement

Heal Order
Roar of Time
Spacial Rend
Lunar Dance
Crush Grip
Magma Storm
Dark Void
Seed Flare

Ominous Wind
Shadow Force
Telekinesis
Flame Burst
Sychronoise
Chip Away
Sky Drop
Bestow
Heart Stamp
Steamroller
Head Charge
Searing Shot
Techno Blast
Relic Song
Fiery Dance

Rototiller
Ion Deluge
Diamond Storm
Steam Eruption
Hyperspace Hole
Powder
Geomancy
Oblivion Wing
Thousand Arrows
Thousand Waves
Land's Wrath
Light of Ruin
Origin Pulse
Precipice Blades
Dragon Ascent
Hyperspace Fury

All the Z-moves (I'm not writing out them all)
Shore Up
Ice Hammer
Floral Healing

Spotlight
Toxic Thread
Revelation Dance
Core Enforcer
Beak Blast
Dragon Hammer
Fleur Cannon
Shadow Bone
Nature's Madness
Mind Blown

All the Let's Go partner moves

Interestingly, Accelerock and V-Create are still flagged as true.
it would seem as though there could potentially be some moves that werent cut that still wont be usable, which would certainly affect stabmons and bh

Sectonia

But I set fire to the rain
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Relating to the above post, I’m wondering how Nat Dex OU plans to deal with this. Since some significant mons had the moves that can no longer be used, what happens? Will NatDex OU revert this decision as well?

Relating to the above post, I’m wondering how Nat Dex OU plans to deal with this. Since some significant mons had the moves that can no longer be used, what happens? Will NatDex OU revert this decision as well?
What SHOULD be done is exactly what's always been done regarding moves not being able to be transferred: suck it up and deal with it.

Seriously guys, this isn't new. HM moves used to be impossible to transfer. Pokemon being untransferable isn't new either. Take a look at Spiky-Eared Pichu, Cosplay Pikachu, and the Let's Go starter.

For STABmons:

FISH. (Barraskewda) @ Choice Band
Ability: Swift Swim
Adamant Nature
- Fishious Rend
- Close Combat
- Psychic Fangs
- Aqua Jet

252+ Atk Choice Band Barraskewda Fishious Rend (170 BP) vs. 252 HP / 24 Def Ferrothorn in Rain: 255-301 (72.4 - 85.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery.

Fish. Bolt Beak and Fishious Rend are busted as hell

For low tiers and Tier Shift, Delibird got some nice buffs. Icicle Spear is an option over Ice Punch, and Drill Run is nice coverage, but the big ones are Brave Bird and a speed-boosting Rapid Spin.

Hawlucha @ Liechi Berry
Ability: Unburden
Adamant Nature
- Reversal
- Acrobatics
- Endure
- Endeavor

Probably not as good as something like Banded Close Combat and Brave Bird, but it's something.

Morpeko also looks like it could be a decent mon in the bottom tiers. It's very frail, but its Attack and Speed are decent. Aura Wheel is super strong and boosts its Speed, and its type switching could potentially be good. Protect can maybe be used to stall for the type you want. If the type switching proves to be a hassle, it still has Wild Charge and Crunch to fall back on. It's got some colorful coverage moves in Fire Fang, Ice Fang, Psychic Fangs, Stomping Tantrum, Seed Bomb, Outrage, and Brick Break. It also has some nice utility moves like Rapid Spin, Super Fang, Thunder Wave (no Nuzzle for some reason), Taunt, Volt Switch, and Parting Shot. Unfortunately, it lacks a way to boost its physical power outside of items or Max Knuckle.

Just browsing the new gen 8 mons and Barraskewda looks like it could be a huge threat, at max speed without boosting nature it has 371 base speed so it can afford to run max attack adamant, chuck a life orb on it and tech into it's movepool and you have a crazy good wallbreaker even unboosted. psychic fangs 2hit ko's phys def pex 80% of the time and close combat does 75 min to mixed ferrothorn.

One Technician user in AAA got sidegraded, and a new one emerges.

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Assurance / Bite
- Ice Shard
- Swords Dance

The loss of Pursuit hurts, but gaining Icicle Spear gives Weavile a lot of extra power.

Kyurem @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Dragon Dance
- Breaking Swipe
- Brutal Swing

Kyurem has two new STABs that are perfect for Technician with Icicle Spear and Breaking Swipe, and it has a new boosting move in Dragon Dance. Brutal Swing is there instead of Fusion Bolt because there's no way Kyurem-Black doesn't get banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)