Gen 6 Gen 6 [OU] - Peak #1 - Team Dump!

Yo,

I've been playing Pokemon on-and-off since 2012. This game is super fun, but often gets overwhelming with hax, matchups, repetitiveness, etc., so I usually end up taking 3-6 months break. However, as life moves on, it's time to put down Pokemon. I can probably play a couple matches throughout the week, but no longer will I dedicate hours a day for a game.

Although Ive peaked #1 in every gen, the most fun was gen 6 OU. It's simply too fun of a metagame. Pokemon peaked. It's also the first time I peaked #1 after 3 years of playing the game, it was a fun time. I had some free time this week, and before I knew it I was top 30, so I decided to push for #1 and make a team dump. I've always appreciated when big names from SPL dump sets or teams, it made the metagame even more fun. So, although not on the same level, I hope to share some of the teams I used for fun. So commence the team dump!

Just finished Jojo, so ... yeah
#1.PNG

Low GXE cuz hax blah blah you know the drill

Excellent Teams

Team #1 - Mega Gallade Crawdaunt Offense - :gallade-mega::serperior::crawdaunt::zapdos::excadrill::clefable:

I'm using an approximation of the set seen in SPL and man I have been pleasantly surprised by Mega Gallade. The very common excadrill/rotom/tornadus/clefable/lopunny builds are very easily subject to clean up after weakening rotom and paralyzing tornadus. Or you can use Gallade to dent the team instead.

Serperior is paired with Gallade to para and weaken tornadus-T. Credit to Amir for the spread. Static Zapdos is also used to attempt to spread paralysis on important targets for Gallade (and crawdaunt) such as Tornadus-T, Mega Metagross, and Mega Lopunny. Crawdaunt is used because I was a bit tired of using Weavile and honestly with spreading paralysis and 2 already very fast mons, I think crawdaunt was the right call. The insane breaking power it provides goes very well with Mega Gallade, in particular it weakens Rotom-W and Clefable which Mega Gallade can always appreciate. Plus, it's a solid Volcarona check. Clefable is SpD for Mega Diancie and other threats. I'm using Healing Wish because often times Serperior or Gallade will be used to cause a dent to the team and be low but Healing Wish brings them right back. Excadrill is also a mix of offensive with some SpD, enough for substitute to withstand Hex from Cofag while outspeeding up to Jolly Bisharp (and most other bulky excadrills not jolly or max). Making it Jolly is an option but Adamant really brings the damage home.
+2 32 Atk Gallade-Mega Psycho Cut vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 210-247 (53.2 - 62.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

0 SpA Clefable Moonblast vs. 224 HP / 0 SpD Gallade-Mega: 174-206 (52.2 - 61.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Tornadus-Therian Hurricane vs. 224 HP / 0 SpD Gallade-Mega: 228-270 (68.4 - 81%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
200 SpA Serperior Leaf Storm vs. 224 HP / 0 SpD Gallade-Mega: 124-147 (37.2 - 44.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Lopunny-Mega Return vs. 224 HP / 0 Def Gallade-Mega: 180-213 (54 - 63.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Weavile Icicle Crash vs. 224 HP / 0 Def Gallade-Mega: 205-243 (61.5 - 72.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen6ou-675980 - Spl4sh using the team and winning. Big Pog

Team #2 - Manaphy Sand - :tyranitar-mega::manaphy::excadrill::thundurus-therian::tangrowth::clefable:

The previous team was centered around a bulky Bold Manaphy w/ RD + TG + Rest. Although I love this set, it's near impossible to make it work in the current meta with Volcanion, Gastrodon, Jellicent, and Seismitoed floating around. It also needs extra help against Serperior, Ferrothorn, and Amoonguss. So, instead I opted for Sitrus Berry 3 attacks.

Actually, a very similar team was played last week in SPL. Replay here: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen6ou-675819

Identical skeleton but one team had manaphy > volcanion. This team of mine is basically a mix of those teams and my old one. I'm using Thundurus-therian because it really grew on me when using that team. I was using Choice Scarf but w/ HP Flying. However on this team I'm using AV > Scarf because the extra speed doesn't seem needed while being able to comfortably switch on Rotom-W is huge. HP Flying gives you the ability to make plays such as baiting serperior, amoonguss, or mega venusaur and weakening them (or 2HKO) after rocks.
Using Timid allows me to use Modest on Manaphy, and Energy Ball manaphy will take care of water/grounds that Thundurus struggles with. Thundurus w/ Focus-blast & Tangrowth's HP Fire (& Mega Tyranitar w/ Fire Punch) all have a chance at weakening Ferro for Manaphy.

Clefable is Trick Barb for Excadrill. As the replay shows, Excadrill is quite annoying for this build archetype, especially if it's sand rush. Sticky barb is a bit tricky to use in this gen, so another option I often opt for is Choice Scarf. Excadrill is Jolly for the same reason. With all this said and done, you still have Mega Tyranitar in the back threatening a sweep. Or it can be used early to put dents onto Clefable, Gastrodon, Ferrothorn, Mega Venusaur, etc. etc. for the rest of the team to shine. 16+ SpD on Clefable allow it to take Modest +3 Manaphy so that Moonblast can put in range of T-bolt.

I've been meaning to revamp this team for quite a while, I'm very happy with how it turned out.

Here's a quick replay of how the team's splendid synergy functions: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen6ou-1806056903-o6b18fy40uazs3p2yynzg1k3bd2d5n6pw

Team #3 - Mega Sceptile BO - :sceptile-mega::kyurem-black::talonflame::slowbro::tyranitar::excadrill:

This is the team I'm probably most proud of. Even though Mega Sceptile has negligible usage in OU, I've often used this team to beat many great gen 6 OU players.

I swear that I used bulky Leftovers Excadrill w/ Sand Rush before it was cool. I use reall weird EVs. Hit a speed bump and then max SpD and then the Atk is for a jump point and the rest in HP. It's really good synergy with Mega Sceptile, ensuring that no one will click an electric move. Sand Rush Excadrill takes care of Mega Manectric and Clefable, while Mega Sceptile takes care of Rotom-W and non-HP Ice Zapdos. Mega Sceptile is Modest, Excadril takes care of the speed control. I run Modest because I don't want to run Leaf Storm. I've found Timid Giga Drain too weak, and Modest Dragon Pulse too strong. With the great coverage this pokemon has, its few counters are Clefable, Torn-T, or Chansey. Amoonguss and Mega Venusaurs are solid checks as well, but Modest Dragon Pulse with rocks up will do loads. If sand is up it might even 2HKO.

Kyurem-B makes a great partner for Mega Sceptile, bringing raw breaking power. CM + T-wave Slowbro is one of my favorite innovations. Often times Serperior or Latios will switch in on Slowbro, but with a +1 SpD it can leaf anything they dish, paralyze them, and switch out. Latios particularly becomes set up bait. Just like manaphy, if some grass types are burned Slowbro can just win the game (not amoonguss though).

Talonflame is a PHYSICALLY defensive BU set for Weavile/Bisharp. EVs allow Talonflame to live 0 Atk Ttar Stone Edge and 0 Atk Landorus-T Stone Edge, then Lando-T cannot be 2HKO'd with EQ on roost. It uses Landorus-T and support tyranitar, as set up bait. It also wins vs. Mega Charizard X 1v1.
252+ SpA Sceptile-Mega Dragon Pulse vs. 248 HP / 92 SpD Amoonguss: 178-210 (41.2 - 48.7%) -- 73.8% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock, sandstorm damage, and Black Sludge recovery
252+ SpA Sceptile-Mega Dragon Pulse vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Tornadus-Therian: 120-142 (33.2 - 39.3%) -- 90.6% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and sandstorm damage
252+ SpA Sceptile-Mega Dragon Pulse vs. 56 HP / 0 SpD Serperior: 172-204 (56.3 - 66.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
20 Atk Sceptile-Mega Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 304-360 (78.7 - 93.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Sceptile-Mega Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 240-284 (68.1 - 80.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Sceptile-Mega Giga Drain vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Manaphy: 290-344 (85 - 100.8%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

0 Atk burned Tyranitar Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 88+ Def Talonflame: 300-354 (83.5 - 98.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after sandstorm damage and Leftovers recovery
0 Atk burned Tyranitar Stone Edge (On Roost) vs. 248 HP / 88+ Def Talonflame: 150-177 (41.7 - 49.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after sandstorm damage and Leftovers recovery
0 Atk burned Landorus-Therian Earthquake (On Roost) vs. 248 HP / 88+ Def Talonflame: 160-189 (44.5 - 52.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Charizard-Mega-Y Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 172 SpD Talonflame in Sun: 170-201 (47.3 - 55.9%) -- 22.3% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Choice Band Weavile Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 248 HP / 88+ Def Talonflame: 241-285 (67.1 - 79.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Team #4 - Suicune Sand - :tyranitar-mega::suicune::serperior::talonflame::gastrodon::excadrill:

I really love Suicune throughout all the gens I play. Mainly becauce I love Suicune archetype builds. Since there isn't too many max speed Excadrill or Mamoswines atm, I opted to go Calm instead of Timid. This is mainly for Rotom-W. At +1, Volt Switch only has a 6.3% chance to break sub. The normal spread (252 HP / 40 SpD) loses sub 37.5% of the time. Since Rotom-W is by far the most common pivot against Suicune, I think this is really worth it. It also helps here and there with other things. Offensive Torn-T and screens Serperior have a harder time breaking sub at 2 calm minds, for example. I use the exact same Mega-Ttar spread in the Gliscor Sand team by CrashinBoomBang, xray, and Trosko. I tried it out of curiosity and was actually pretty good. Excadrill is the speed control of the team. I usually never run Excadrill without Swords Dance, Toxic, or at least both Rapid Spin & Rocks, but this is necessary so that the team doesn't crumble to set up threats. Gastrodon is max defense because Keldeo would be a problem otherwise. Because Gastrodon is physically defensive, this does make the team weaker to Mega Diancie, especially with spikes, but it's definitely outplayable. Suicune, Gastrodon, and Mega Tyranitar put immense pressure on Heatran to open up for Serperior and Talonflame. Talonflame spreads burns really well, and alongside Serperior's Glare, this makes Suicune (and Gastrodon) much more likely to sweep.
0 SpA Rotom-Wash Volt Switch vs. +1 252 HP / 16+ SpD Suicune: 84-102 (20.7 - 25.2%) -- 6.3% chance to break sub
4 SpA Serperior Leaf Storm vs. +2 252 HP / 16+ SpD Suicune: 90-108 (22.2 - 26.7%) -- 37.5% chance to break sub

Team #5 - Zygarde Semistall - :zygarde::slowbro::heatran::tangrowth::chansey::zapdos:

This team is the revival of my favorite team of all time, the team that I first got to #1 with. It had Gothitelle! Good times. Anyways, this team is a bit too slow for the current meta, but it's still quite good. It lacks a cleric and is a beat weak to a well played Clefable, but those things can be played around. A good para or knock off on Clefable is huge. Zygarde does quite a good job at setting up on common meta pokemon such as Ferrothorn, Heatran, and Rotom-W. If the opponent doesn't have a clefable, Zygarde can quite easily get one or two kills. If Clefable is LO w/o Ice Bem, then Zygarde can take one hit. If it's defensive Clefable, Zygarde can take two hits. This allows Zygarde to actually muscle through Clefable if it's weakened, or if Zygarde is behind a sub and +1. Heatran is the stallbreaker of the team, and does a great job of aiding Zygarde both defensively and offensively. Though, Hearan and Zapdos are the only two pokemons that outspeed Bisharp, so that is something to keep in mind as well. T-wave Chansey + Slowbro + Discharge Zapdos spread paralysis really well across the meta, putting Zygarde in good winning positions. Zygarde can set up multiple times through the game, or once to win. SpD Gliscor Stall + Unaware Clefable/Quagsire is the only kind of stall this team will have a hard time getting through, but even that is not too bad.
0 SpA Tangrowth Giga Drain vs. 240 HP / 252+ SpD Zygarde: 66-78 (15.8 - 18.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 Atk Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (150 BP) vs. +1 240 HP / 0 Def Zygarde: 87-103 (20.8 - 24.7%) -- 0% chance to break sub
0 SpA Rotom-Wash Hydro Pump vs. 240 HP / 252+ SpD Zygarde: 93-109 (22.3 - 26.1%) -- 31.3% chance to break sub
0 SpA Clefable Moonblast vs. 240 HP / 252+ SpD Zygarde: 146-174 (35 - 41.7%) -- 70.3% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Team #6 - Dragon Fairy Bulky Offense - :lopunny-mega::kyurem-black::clefable::azumarill::garchomp::zapdos:

The idea behind the team is to capitalize on Kyurem-B's offensive and defensive assets. Defensively, it acts as a solid water-, electric-, and grass- type check. Manaphy and Serperior, for example, will have a hard time breaking a team with a full HP Kyurem-Black. It is also a key Rotom-W switch in. It resists its STABs and doesn't mind wisp too much.

Offensively, Kyurem-B puts pressure on mons that usually check CB Azumarill such as Ferrothorn, Mega Venu, Skarmory, Amoonguss, etc. The EV's on Kyurem-B allow it to outspeed timid Heatran and the rest is put in Atk. +SpA nature is important to nail 2HKO on physdef Clefable and do some work on Ferrothorn. CB Azumarill rounds up the core and acts as back-up plan against Volcarona and CM Clefable. PuP Lopunny takes advantage of this offensive core to be a really good cleaner especially against offense.

SubSD Garchomp is a neat tech that is extremely good against Volcanion / Cofagrigus and Torn-T / Excadrill / Rotom-W balance. Substitute gives you a free turn vs. Rotom-W (they will pretty much always wisp) and allows you to set up on Cofagrigus. It's also incredibly hard to deal with if the opponent is not prepared. Tornadus-T has to hit Hurricane, Rotom-W has to hit Hydro Pump, etc. It just puts the opponent in a bad position. I use Outrage because I found Stone Edge and Dragon Claw a bit lackluster. Outrage gives you a good chance to just OHKO Manaphy, Rotom-W (after rocks), Zapdos, etc. and is generally more consistent.

The EV's on Clefable live 2 Scalds from Specs Keldeo at full HP. This is important because otherwise Keldeo can run through the team. Kyurem-B can always be used as a switch in if rocks are not up. The EVs on Clefable also allow it to take on Mega Diancie, Mega Alakazam, and Thundurus. The EV's on Garchomp give substitute enough sturdiness to not fall vs. Cofagrigus's Hex. Azumarill outspeeds Skarmory and the rest is put into HP. Azumarill is pretty much your only ice resist, so use it carefully vs. Weavile teams and play more aggressively. Substitute Garchomp, Kyurem-B, and Mega Lopunny are all important tools in handling that matchup. It's definitely outplayable. If Weavile is too much of a threat, Clefable can always be made physically defensive and Azumrill can go AV, but I prefer this offensive variant more.

Zapdos is the team's defogger of choice for its defensive utility, and I wanted to get out of the habit of relying on glue Excadrill too much. With pressure and rocky helmet, Zapdos will wear down any non-toxic excadrill long term. This leeway allows Clefable to go Thunder Wave instead of Knock Off or Flamethrower. Players have gotten too comfortable with Clefable not having Thunder Wave anymore, and let me tell you something, nothing is more annoying than a Clefable with the yellow magic.

Random ladder reply to showcase SubSD Chomp: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen6ou-1822134160-2u3tm6cx2lggfrrirs5dd7qz8l6ag64pw

Great Teams

Team #7 - Mega Garchomp Sand - :garchomp-mega::tyranitar::excadrill::slowbro::amoonguss::skarmory:

Mega Garchomp destroys anything and everything that is slower in it, especially when Adamant and in Sand. Stall doesn't stand a chance. Fire Blast (even tho -SpA nature) is good enough to get through skarmory and ferrothorn, which are the main nusances for chomp. However, you could afford to run other moves such as Substitute or Dragon Claw. Tyranitar + Slowbro are just utility bots to weaken thigns like Rotom-W, tank chomp, and so on. For Tytranitar, it's possible to run Fire Blast or even T-wave instead of Ice Beam. Amoonguss helps the team widdle Ferro and Rotom-W while also always threatning to put a mon to sleep. Skarmory is the defogger of choice to allow Excadril to go spinless and to also provide a check to weavile/bisharp.

SubSD Excadrill is quite a neat tech. Excadrill under sand forces a lot of switches and so substitute can be used to take advantage of that and take momentum. Furthermore, the given EVs allow Excadrill's sub to withstand Cofagrigus's Hex, turning a counter to set-up bait. This set is quite a strong win conditition so don't be afraid to let Garchomp get burnt if it means getting rid of Rotom-W

Team #8 - Conkeldurr Beat Up Weavile - :tyranitar-mega::excadrill::weavile::slowbro::conkeldurr::thundurus:

Read more here

Team #9 - DD Lando-T Screens HO - :serperior::bisharp::landorus-therian::manaphy::altaria-mega::latias:

When you look at the team, the first instinct is lead lando bisharp in the back as a cleaner. But it's actually lead bisharp and DD lando-t. Inner focus bisharp keeps rocks on drill and lop no matter what. DD Lando-T is versatile because you can SD vs. slower teams and rock polish vs. faster teams. +2 soft sand EQ 1 one shots clef and pretty much Cofag and Chomp after rocks. Manaphy is Psychic to power through Mega Venusaur to enable Mega Altaria. 88 HP on MAlt means Cofag can't break sub with Hex, this means it needs 2 hexes normally and 3 under screens.

Other variations: Rindo on Manaphy for the serp matchup. T-wave Thundurus or Weavile both can be used over Latias for better HO matchup. Scarf Jirachi w/ Healing Wish is also pretty great for the HO, serperior and alakazam matchups.

Team #10 - Mega Scizor Offense - :scizor-mega::weavile::serperior::talonflame::excadrill::slowbro:

:scizor-mega: - standard EV spread to outspeed Bisharp, non-scarf Magnezone, and most Heatrans.
:weavile: - the nuke of the team. Very important at weakening steel types for the rest of the team. It can also knock off Magnezone's scarf, allowing Mega Scizor to outspeed Magnezone.
:serperior: - SubSeed Serp is a forgotten threat that thrives in low ferro environment. It also doesn't have to predict a torn switch, since sub is free and you can either leech seed or double sub on the u-turn. HP Fire for ferrothorn but also for HO w/ Bisharp / Mega Scizor as serperior is vital against them. It also helps vs. amoonugss. I went with max SpA since I've found the extra HP for Rotom-W almost never applicable, but the extra spa points hit very hard at +2/+4.
:talonflame: - max atk + sharp beak hits like a truck. It checks moth and acts as a solid revenge killer against HO. Against balance Talonflame's role is to be a kamikaze. SD into landing huge chip on Volcanion, Garhcomp, Zapdos often wins the game for Scizor if rocks are up. Against Cofag teams, Talonflame is the wincon. Weaken Volcanion and let Talon shine. Flare Blitz for Zapdos and Skarmory. EV's to outspeed Jolly drill.
:excadrill: - standard set.
:slowbro: - eject button slowbro is a cool tech to bring a free Weavile in. Against pokemon that are a bit tough to check like Mega Zam / Mega Diancie / Mega Gardevoir, it can act as a one time pivot to allow in Scizor to mega evolve safely.
+2 252+ Atk Talonflame Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Zapdos: 255-300 (66.4 - 78.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252+ Atk Sharp Beak Gale Wings Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 248 HP / 136+ Def Volcanion: 261-307 (71.9 - 84.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252+ Atk Sharp Beak Gale Wings Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 240 HP / 176+ Def Garchomp: 298-352 (71.4 - 84.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Sharp Beak Gale Wings Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 128 HP / 0 Def Manaphy: 189-223 (50.6 - 59.7%) -- 85.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252+ Atk Sharp Beak Gale Wings Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Thundurus-Therian: 250-295 (83.6 - 98.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Team #11 - SubCM Keldeo Paraspam - :scizor-mega::garchomp::tangrowth::keldeo::clefable::zapdos:

Instead of enabling keldeo through pursuit support, keldeo is enabled through the yellow color. Once Tornadus-is paralyzed, keldeo can even use it as set up because hitting hurricane through paralysis is quite hard. Exca/torn/rotom-w BO or cofag/clefable/gastrodon balanced are pretty weak to SubCM Keldeo. All you need is a paralyzed torn-t and a weakened rotom-w or clefable. Zapdos gets to have a paralysis chance on Excadrill, lop, and mega metagross, all of which become crippled. Lop and Metagross means 1 less pokemon that can revenge kill keldeo.

Clefable can further spread paralysis on things like Mega Metagross, Mega Vensaur, Heatran, but more importantly other setting up mons such as Volcarona, Clefable, and Serperior. U-turn Scizor allows a free keldeo or chomp on its switchins like Zapdos, Heatran, Volcarona is usally a free keldeo or garchomp. It's there to the team a long term lop/metagross/diancie answer. AV Tang for Ferro. Finally, SD+Rocks chomp. Rocks is usually what its most used for, but if enemy team is weak to chomp I'd definitely save its HP to get a kill or two. Dragon Rush is a stronger, less accurate dragon claw that can also flinch, which might help with all that paralysis going on.

Team #12 - DD Reuniclus Tspikes - :manectric-mega::nidoking::reuniclus::excadrill::tornadus-therian::keldeo:

I got this idea from the Gen 7 era where Reuniclus dominated. Toxapex+Reuniclus was like every other team. I likeReuniclus, and this team is an attempt to make it work in Gen 6.

At first glance the team kind of looks wacky but it's stronger than it looks, especially considering Nidoking's ability to shred common ORAS fat. Toxic Spikes on Nidoking because Nidoking can get them up quite easily with all the forced switch ins and even take advantage of them. However, if the opponent's only check to Nidoking is Torn-T than you could also just consider Ice beam predict into Ice Beam tanking Knock/Cane. Mega Manectric is for HO matchup and any balance that has Chomp/Exca as their only elec immunity. However, Mega Mane + Reuniclus makes the team weak to Bisharp and Tyranitar. And so, a strong answer to dark types is delivered through RestTalk Keldeo. It's not the best but it gets the job done. Doubles as a water resist which is also important, otherwise I'd use Infernape.

Reuniclus is dual dance with Psyshock only. This is really hard to pull off, because there is a good amount of dark types in this gen. In particular, Bisharp is the most annoying since it is immune to Tspikes. Between Keldeo and Tornadus-T's Superpower, the hope is that the opponent slips and lets Bisharp get weakened. Or perhaps he sacks it to weaken Nidoking/Manectric.
252 Atk Choice Band Weavile Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. +2 252 HP / 200+ Def Reuniclus: 204-242 (48.1 - 57%) -- 90.2% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Tyranitar Crunch vs. +2 252 HP / 200+ Def Reuniclus: 204-240 (48.1 - 56.6%) -- 32% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Team #12.1 - CM Clefable + Sub Nidoking - :manectric-mega::nidoking::clefable::excadrill::tornadus-therian::keldeo:

This is a more standard and tournament-ready version of the previous team. It's more consistent. Sub Nido gaurantees that balance destruction because opponents will always switch around and predicting correctly is annoying. Clefable still checks Mega Medicham, Gliscor, and Mega Lopunny like Reuniclus but also checks Tyranitar and Weavile. Focus Blast > Superpower used on Torn-t because catching Bisharp/Ttar is not as important, so focus blast risks miss but doesn't lower defense which is super risky.

Team #13 - Bulkarona + Specs Latios BO - :venusaur-mega::volcarona::latios::rotom-wash::excadrill::zapdos:

I'm a strong believer in bulky Volcarona. It's extremely potent against unprepared teams, and can act as a great check for Bisharp and Mega Metagross, while also being a last-resort switchin to Weavile or Mega Medicham (can set up on them). I have changed my Bulkarona EVs over the years to suit the metagame. Rn the metagame is fast and frail so I go with enough speed to outspeed Mega Zam, Scarf Rotom-W, and Scarf Excadrill. It also outspeeds neutral nature base 100s. Rest of EVs are put into bulk which is good enough to avoid dying from Adamant Lop Fake Out + Return after Leftovers recovery.

Specs Latios is extremely strong and with less and less teams opting to go Tyranitar, Specs Psychic is just budget Mega Zam basically. And Surf weakens Heatran/Tyranitar for Volcarona. Mega Venusaur is Knock Off + EQ to weaken/eliminate Heatran, and also knocking off AV off of Torn-T is huge because it allows Latios to reign free. 136+ def is for Weavile and Mega Lop. 28 SpA just gives Sludge Bomb very slight extra oomph. SpD Rotom-W for Volc/Diancie and staic Zapdos to spread more hax.

This team is really good at ganging up on common checks such as Tyranitar/Tornadus-T/Heatran between Venu/Volc/Latios/Zapdos and just weakening them hard enough for Volc to find footing

Team #14 - Shaymin Stall - :slowbro-mega::shaymin::chansey::infernape::mandibuzz::gliscor:

Honestly there is no reason a stall team with Infernape and Shaymin can be this good. Shyamin was first used as Breloom/Ferrothorn/Azumarill/Rotom-W counter. Breloom and Azumarill are pretty much obselete, but it's still needed in Ferrothorn and definitely Rotom-W matchups. The set originally used was defensive with Aromatherapy. But with 2 Natural Cure users + Gliscor, I decided to go with Rest instead. Rest + Natural Cure is a really cool combo that I only discovered by watching some random DPP game. Shyamin was switched to offensive Life Orb because actually, it's surprisingly strong. Expert Belt or Leftovers could also be used. Epower is pretty much what every offensive grass Pokemon wants in OU. For the last slot, HP Fire, HP Rock, HP Ice, or Psychic are all sound options. Ice lets you hit Torn-T/Zapdos + Gliscor/Chomp without needing to waste Seed Flare PP (very important). HP rock allows you to hit Volcarona/Talonflame/Mega Charizard Y. HP Fire is really only for Ferrothorn/Scizor, but they are getting rarer and team doesn't really struggle that much vs. Ferrothorn thanks to Taunt Gliscor. Psychic is for Venu/Amoonguss. Since I have Slowbro for Venu/Amoonguss, I opted to use HP Ice for Torn-T/Gliscor. A max speed Timid Shaymind set can be used to opt for speed tieing with Timid Manpahy to make HO matchup better, however this will drop Shaymin's defensive utility vs. Keldeo, Diancie, etc.

Chansey is T-wave instead of Toxic. Since T-wave is broken in this gen this should be enough 9/10 times. Beware of Nasty Plot Thundurus. Mandibuzz is Foul play to double check things like Scizor and Garchomp. I use steel wing because Mega Diancie is a very easy switch in on mandibuzz and it makes it really hard for the team. Steel Wing will chip mega diancie and after using it once you get to be more aggressive with your Mandibuzz. U-turn, Toxic, Knock Off, or Whirlwind are all other vialbe options. Gliscor is Taunt SD which is a very cool stallbreaker set, but is getting less potent with an increase in Cofagrigus. Finally, we get physdef Infernape. One of my favorite mons of all time. Set is updated for modern OU. Close Combat > Low Kick w/ 52 Atk EVs allows Infernape to OHKO 252 HP / 0 Def Excadrills. 208+ Spe allows nape to outspeed Garchomp but more importantly Timid Zard Y to slack off it's flamethrowers. If it's Modest and/or Fire Blast, it gets dicey so use Chansey.
252+ SpA Life Orb Shaymin Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Heatran: 322-385 (83.4 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Life Orb Shaymin Hidden Power Ice vs. 248 HP / 204+ SpD Gliscor: 286-338 (81 - 95.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal
252+ SpA Life Orb Shaymin Seed Flare vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable: 253-300 (64.2 - 76.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Life Orb Shaymin Hidden Power Ice vs. 56 HP / 0 SpD Serperior: 164-195 (53.7 - 63.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Team #15 - SubCM Raikou BO - :alakazam-mega::raikou::klefki::zapdos::excadrill::alomomola:

SubCM Raikou was always a favorite set of mine. It's peculiar, unexpected, and surprisingly effective. Spikes helps it widdle its common checks such as Excadrill, Ferrothorn, and less commonly Hippowdon. With Spikes, Alakazam joins the party and puts on even more pressure. Shadow Ball is used for Metagross and neutral damage vs. steels, but I like Protect as well for Weavile mindgames. Klefki is the spikes setter of choice. Klefki is scarf trick to cripple possible ferrothorn/excadrill/gliscor that usually switch in on Klefki. Or it can be saved in the back for a Dragonite or a Volcarona whose Lum Berry would save them from T-wave. Flash Cannon is used because it chips at Clefable but more importantly gives Klefki a tool to fight Mega Diancie, otherwise diancie would switch in for free.

The EV's on Raikou outspeed Serperior and Scarf Magnezone. SpA is enough to OHKO non-tanky grounds and waters, and 2HKO Serperior w/ HP Ice. Rest is put into bulk specifically to try and avoid Tornadus-T's Knock Off from breaking the sub. Other things to take note of: Lava Plume Heatran cannot break +1 sub, neither can Serp at +2 sub. Clefable cannot kill substitute at +1, this allows Raikou to use Clefable as a set up bait but also 1v1 CM Clefable and even stall its Moonblasts out

Alomomola seems a bit out of place but Regenerator allows it to give consistent Wish support which extends the longevity of Klefki, Excadrill, and Raikou against bulkier teams. Zapdos is important because it helps weaken Excadrill through rocky helmet, Heat wave, and possible paralysis, for Raikou. SpD Mola covers Mega Diancie while still being bulky on the physical side. Zapdos is for Metagross, Medicham, Lopunny, and so on.
0 SpA Rotom-Wash Hydro Pump vs. +1 184 HP / 0 SpD Raikou: 84-99 (22.8 - 26.9%) -- 43.8% chance to break sub
0 SpA Heatran Lava Plume vs. +1 184 HP / 0 SpD Raikou: 73-87 (19.8 - 23.7%) -- 0% chance to break sub
200 SpA Serperior Leaf Storm vs. +2 184 HP / 0 SpD Raikou: 70-84 (19 - 22.8%) -- 0% chance to break sub
0- Atk Tornadus-Therian Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 184 HP / 4 Def Raikou: 79-94 (21.5 - 25.6%) -- 18.8% chance to break sub
252+ SpA Venusaur-Mega Sludge Bomb vs. +2 184 HP / 0 SpD Raikou: 78-93 (21.2 - 25.3%) -- 6.3% chance to break sub
0 SpA Amoonguss Giga Drain vs. 32 HP / 40 SpD Raikou: 67-81 (20.3 - 24.6%) -- 0% Chance to break Sub
0 SpA Clefable Moonblast vs. +1 184 HP / 0 SpD Raikou: 66-78 (17.9 - 21.2%) -- 0% Chance to break Sub

+1 76 SpA Raikou Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Manaphy: 350-414 (102.6 - 121.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 76 SpA Raikou Hidden Power Ice vs. 56 HP / 0 SpD Serperior: 164-194 (53.7 - 63.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 76 SpA Raikou Hidden Power Ice vs. 240 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 360-424 (86.3 - 101.6%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

Good Teams
These teams are not great, a bit outdated or inconsistent. Still cool though.

Team #16 - Mega Pinsir Balanced - :pinsir-mega::weavile::starmie::ferrothorn::gliscor::keldeo:

At first, this team looks really weird, but it's actually a very solid one.

Mega Pinsir is extremely strong in gen 6, and bulky enough not to be revenge killed except by a few threats. Weavile does a great job of pursuit trapping Lati@s, Thundurus, and Tornadus-T. They either die with rocks, or are low enough that they die to +2 Quick Attack. You're going to have to make some doubles though, as the team doesn't have a consistent way of getting Weavile in for free. Starmie is max defense because I'm insane? I'm not sure why, but it actually works. It counters Mega Metagross extremely well. Can spin on Excadrill and defensive chomp for days. Keldeo is never getting past this. And you have T-wave for Serperior switch. I have often tanked a draco and t-waved the latis as well.

SubCM Keldeo with the already existing pursuit support creates good synergy with Weavile and Pinsir. Ferrothorn is double hazards because I got a super consistent max defensive starmie. Gliscor is SpD to lure in latis and thundurus. It's rock slide to get past Skarmory and so that it is not walled by Gengar (as the SpD EVs wall gengar). Also I've found myself often using this to lure and eliminate Zard Y.

The team is weak to strong physical attackers that can get past Gliscor and Starmie, like a well played Mega Loppuny. Mega Scizor can also be a nuiscane, especailly if you don't burn it with Scald. Finally, Mega Venusaur (offensive) can also pose a threat with rocks up.
252 Atk Tough Claws Metagross-Mega Meteor Mash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Starmie: 83-98 (25.6 - 30.2%) -- 0.5% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Lopunny-Mega Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Starmie: 138-163 (42.5 - 50.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Pure Power Medicham-Mega High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Starmie: 155-183 (47.8 - 56.4%) -- 30.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 252 Atk Tough Claws Charizard-Mega-X Dragon Claw vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Starmie: 204-241 (62.9 - 74.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Excadrill Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Starmie: 135-160 (41.6 - 49.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Landorus-Therian U-turn vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Starmie: 134-158 (41.3 - 48.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Team #17 - Mega Gyarados Spikes - :gyarados-mega::slowbro::ferrothorn::garchomp::talonflame::latias:

Mega Gyarados spikes. Mega Gyarados doesn't see much usage, which is very surprising. When attempting to build a team around it, I can see why. Between the weakness to rocks and the conditions necessary, it is quite hard to build around it. I wouldn't say this team is perfect either, it definitely has some patches. The garchomp/ferrothorn hazards core is quite good, and Slowbro/Latias provide additional backbone. Latias is pure utility. Healing Wish allows Gyarados to potentially set up twice. SD Talonflame helps weaken things for Mega Gyarados. Gyarados's biggest counter is Ferrothorn and Phys.Def Tangrowth. Garchomp and Clefable are also good checks. Slowbro does a good job of weakening Ferrothorn/Tangrowth/Garchomp. If Gyarados is at full HP, he needs little help with Clefable. I often use Mega Gyarados to eliminate Clefable, and then get it back to health with Healing Wish. Clefable in general is a nuisance to this team. Talonflame must be kept healthy. Iron head on Ferrothorn could be ran, which would actually synergize well with Latias's Thunder Wave, but I found it more situational. This team is quite basic in the fact that it's strategy is quite straightforward. Trading spikes is often good as well since you have 3 flying mons (gyarados-pre evolved) , and Slowbro has regenerator.

Team #18 - Mega Beedrill VoltTurn - :beedrill-mega::mienshao::volcanion::tornadus-therian::tangrowth::excadrill:
Both Mega Beedrill and Mienshao are incredibly underrated both in ORAS and even in SM. I really like their playstyle, and I really like using underdog Pokemon. Unfortunately, you have to run Protect on Mega Beedrill in Gen 6, which is a huge loss because Knock Off or Swords Dance would be so much better, but it is necessary. Many teams have a physically defensive blanket check. The ones that use Rotom-W, Slowbro, Tangrowth, or Clefable will struggle vs. Mega Beedril. U-turn is quite predictable, so the opponent can switch around, but you can use that to your advatnage as well. The common glues that wall Mega Beedrill are Landorus-T and Gliscor. Garchomp and Ferrothorn will deal qutie a lot with contact recoil, but are not able to conssitently wall Beedrill. Mienshao on the other hand, can fire off LO HP Ice to weaken (if not eliminate) Gliscor, LandorusT, and Garchomp. With the rise of Excadrill/Rotom-W/Tornadus-T cores, Mienshao can actually decimate them with LO High Jump Kick and Knock Off. Most of all, it can keep up its pressure throughout the match thanks to regenerator. Excadrill and Tangrowth are pretty much normal. I opt to run Heat Wave > Knock Off on Tornadus-T because I already have 2 Knock off users, and because the extra coverage is quite good. If Tornadus-T can get rid of Ferrothorn or a Bisharp, it would be great. This Volcanion set was picked up from the forums, but I cannot for the life of me remember where it was from. I might have changed the EV's a bit as well. Regardless, it's a solid check for physical attackers, heatran, and keldeo, while still providing quite good damage. Haze + Toxic make it an incredible Volcarona check
4 SpA Life Orb Mienshao Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 8 SpD Landorus-Therian: 260-307 (68 - 80.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
4 SpA Life Orb Mienshao Hidden Power Ice vs. 248 HP / 204+ SpD Gliscor: 203-239 (57.5 - 67.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal
252 Atk Life Orb Mienshao High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 248+ Def Rotom-Wash: 185-218 (60.8 - 71.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Life Orb Mienshao High Jump Kick vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Tornadus-Therian: 160-187 (44.3 - 51.8%) -- 14.1% chance to 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Mienshao High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 153-181 (45.8 - 54.1%) -- 47.7% chance to 2HKO

Concusion

Shoutouts to my gen 6 peeps who keep the gen running. s/o to RoA. I have kept the teams updated to the current meta (and will continue to do so) so keep checking back if you're interested. Unfortunately, I cannot post more teams otherwise I would have no teams left for tournaments. But most teams here I would readily use in tournaments if it wasn't public. Have fun with them!
I will also be posting teams submitted to the ORAS teambuilding competition that I like.

Thank you for reading :)!​

Last edited:
[post edited]

Team w/ Mega Chomp: excadrill set changed to match current cofag trend. Ttar set changed
Team w/ SubCM Raikou. Team revamped. Raikou/Zam/Klefki set changed. Exca > Chomp. Mola > rotom-w.
Team w/ DD Reuniclus: Keldeo > bisharp, exca > buzz. New version with new nidoking set and clef > reuniclus.
Team w/ Bulkarona Specs Latios: Team revamped. Latios/Volcarona sets change. MVenu > Scizor. Exca > Toad. Zapdos > TTar
Team w/ Shaymin: moved to "great teams" from "heat teams." Shyamin set changed. Infernape set changed. Mandibuzz set changed.
Team #16-18: moved to "good teams" down from "great teams"
Removed "heat teams"

Team #2 revamped. AV > Scarf thund-T. M-tar > tar. Exca > Mscizor. Clefable > Rotom-w
Removed PuP MLop team
Team w/ mega scizor offense revamped. Weavile > Latios. Serp is now subseed. Talonflame is now SD Flare Blitz. Slowbro > Rotom-W. Excadrill > Lando

Added teams I built for teambuilding competition that I particularly liked

Last edited:
I like the first team a lot! I tested it a bit, and I came to the concusion that you mind end up struggling breaking water / ground water absorb mons in general. You can consider dropping focus blast on thundurus in favor of grass knot.

Also, I can see specially defensive rotom helping you against thundurus, it also sponges some other special hits here and there a bit better, but have you considered running it bold instead (maybe even faster than bisharp)? I think the team would enojy an extra way of pivoting around physical moves, and it would give you a better chance at handling dragonite, sort of.

Great work though! And thanks for sharing c:

I like the first team a lot! I tested it a bit, and I came to the concusion that you mind end up struggling breaking water / ground water absorb mons in general. You can consider dropping focus blast on thundurus in favor of grass knot.

Also, I can see specially defensive rotom helping you against thundurus, it also sponges some other special hits here and there a bit better, but have you considered running it bold instead (maybe even faster than bisharp)? I think the team would enojy an extra way of pivoting around physical moves, and it would give you a better chance at handling dragonite, sort of.

Great work though! And thanks for sharing c:
For this team specifically, I have tried various spreads of rotom/scizor/ttar/tangrowth. You can definitely play around them to fit the threats you prioritize. Losing SpD on Rotom-W makes handling manaphy a bit harder, but perhaps you can run AV tang to compensate and that would even help with serperior, and so on.

Grass Knot on Thundurus-T sounds like a great idea. Losing Focus Blast means the team will struggle with excadrill/ferrothorn a little bit more, but the team is not too afraid of them and being able to take care of gastrodon is huge. Will try

Hello everyone!

Many of the teams were getting old and outdated. I have removed some, and some I have revamped to fit the current meta. I have edited the first post to have all the teams (newly added ones + old ones + recently changed ones). I have edited the 2nd post to be a change log of changes that happened and are to come.

Also with the ORAS teambuilding competition around, I will be putting in any team that I feel good about.

Thanks to everyone who has been using these teams on the ladder.
Thanks to the ones who reached out to tell me how much they like the team. All is appreciated!

hello , i m new to cometetive pokemon... i really like the teams... i like fighting type pokes alot..... the team i liked the most was the one with mega gallade.... but the link to pokepaste is not opening for that one... i would really appreciate if u can fix it ^_^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)