Gen 2 PS Development - Post bugs here

Zokuru

The Stall Lord
is a Tiering Contributor
Screech lax isn't a thing. It is was an issue because it affects crit damage in a lot of extremely common scenarios that I pointed out above. This is because crits ignoring stat boosts, screens, etc are determined by the number of stat boosts.
Yeah sure I know the mechs, but as Snorlax learns Screech only in gen 4 and above according to PS! I did not understand why you were talking about it. I mean, unless you discuss GSC Hackmon it's pointless if it does not learn the move.

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
Yeah sure I know the mechs, but as Snorlax learns Screech only in gen 4 and above according to PS! I did not understand why you were talking about it. I mean, unless you discuss GSC Hackmon it's pointless if it does not learn the move.
Nobody mentioned Screech Snorlax besides Zarel, who assumed FOMG was talking about Screech Snorlax when he was actually talking about Screech Dugtrio if you look at the video he posted.

Lavos

Banned deucer.
Just had my opponent's Lax belly drum and only went to +5 (was previously growled). Bulbapedia states that drum should max out attack regardless. http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen2ou-921392035
This is not a bug. Belly Drum increases Attack stage by +2 and checks for max Attack, repeating until 999 is reached. That means if you start at +0, +2, -2, etc., you will be at +6 after using Belly Drum, but if you start at +1, +3, -1, etc., you will be at +5 after using Belly Drum. sulcata explains this in more detail here.

Just another mere display bug: Currently when a pkmn got toxiced and switches out, toxic reverts to poison. The mechanic itself is correctly implemented, but it isn't being displayed correctly as you can see in the following screenshot:

did moveset validation break again? Pikachu with Surf/Sub/Thunder/Sing is not passing now when it did before (afaict that should be completely legal, no idea why its failing).

"Pikachu has moves from before Gen 2, which are incompatible with its moves from Pichu."
like tradebacks tho

Last edited:
did moveset validation break again? Pikachu with Surf/Sub/Thunder/Sing is not passing now when it did before (afaict that should be completely legal, no idea why its failing).

"Pikachu has moves from before Gen 2, which are incompatible with its moves from Pichu."
like tradebacks tho
Someone submitted a CMS edit to the Pikachu analysis because of this legality bug. Could it please be addressed?
Steps to theoretically acquire:
1. Get event sing pichu
2. Evolve to Pikachu
3. Trade this Pikachu back to RBY
4. Use Transfer Pak with Pokemon Stadium and beat Round 2 of the Prime Cup in Master Ball division with your Pikachu on your team to teach it Surf.
5. Trade this Pikachu to GSC.

Zarel

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader

like tradebacks tho
Someone submitted a CMS edit to the Pikachu analysis because of this legality bug. Could it please be addressed?
Steps to theoretically acquire:
1. Get event sing pichu
2. Evolve to Pikachu
3. Trade this Pikachu back to RBY
4. Use Transfer Pak with Pokemon Stadium and beat Round 2 of the Prime Cup in Master Ball division with your Pikachu on your team to teach it Surf.
5. Trade this Pikachu to GSC.
Fixed next update, thanks for the report!

I was looking at Bulbapedia looking at how OHKO moves had changed through the generations and saw this on Bulbapedia:

Bulbapedia said:
In the Generation II core series games only, Horn Drill can be countered by Counter for maximum damage if it misses.
(I'm taking that to mean in "all of Gen 2 except Stadium 2, which isn't emulated on sim anyway". According to Bulbapedia this same glitch affects Fissure as well.)

Intrigued by the potential if minor implications for GSC hackmons battles, I tested this by battling one of my alts here:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen2customgame-1087922146
...and Counter fails. I can't test this on cart myself and I can't find a video showing this working on cartridge, so if someone else could test this behavior on cart that would be great.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Gender
Accoding to the gender-Attack Ivs Table, the 1:1 Gender Ratio with 7 Attack IVs should be female, which is incorrect in Showdown now.
Take Tyranitar as an example:
View attachment 238489

The feedback from validator is:
- Tyranitar is F, but it has an Atk DV of 7, which makes its gender M.

Should have a fix on the Gender-Attack IVs Check system
https://github.com/smogon/pokemon-showdown/commit/11554fc146562f6c73981c1aa2a5a43d81be6070

Apparently Slayer95 intentionally made it this way, but his commit didn't include a source. I'll ask researchers.

FriendOfMrGolem120

aka. FOMG
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
It shouldn't be possible to lower your the EVs in one special stat but not the other as they are tied together, the same way it's already implemented for the DVs. To quote Bulbapedia: "EVs behave the same in Generation II as they did in Generation I. Both Special Attack and Special Defense share the EV for Special to maintain compatibility. "
This matters for a few competetively relevant situations like the following:
1. Lowering the special defense on Mirror Coar Smeargle to ensure you OHKO Thunderbolt Raikou would have worse synergy with special attacks like Sacred Fire.
2. Lowering the special attack on Dragon Breath Steelix so that Leftovers heals all the damage a Zapdos takes from it, not allowing it to Rest the paralysis off, would not be a viable strategy anymore as the loss of special defense would not be worth it.

pre

pkmn.cc
It shouldn't be possible to lower your the EVs in one special stat but not the other as they are tied together, the same way it's already implemented for the DVs. To quote Bulbapedia: "EVs behave the same in Generation II as they did in Generation I. Both Special Attack and Special Defense share the EV for Special to maintain compatibility. "
This matters for a few competetively relevant situations like the following:
1. Lowering the special defense on Mirror Coar Smeargle to ensure you OHKO Thunderbolt Raikou would have worse synergy with special attacks like Sacred Fire.
2. Lowering the special attack on Dragon Breath Steelix so that Leftovers heals all the damage a Zapdos takes from it, not allowing it to Rest the paralysis off, would not be a viable strategy anymore as the loss of special defense would not be worth it.
Is this broken? There actually exists code to account for this:
JavaScript:
         if (ivs.spa !== ivs.spd) {
                if (dex.gen === 2) {
                    problems.push(`${name} has different SpA and SpD DVs, which is not possible in Gen 2.`);

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)