Pet Mod [Gen 1] RBY CAP - Revived! (CAP1 @114!) [CAP2 - Name/Art]

Sabelette

from the river to the sea
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
And the winner is... definitely not the person announcing this! Stats below:

HP: 111
Attack: 111
Defense: 99
Special: 99
Speed: 66
BST: 486/585

Slate 1 Part 4B: Competitive Learnset
You will have 72 hours to submit the competitively useful moves for this Pokémon. This does not include useless moves that exist for flavor. Some guidelines:
  • Keep the concept in mind! In this case the mon is supposed to be a Priority Revenge Killer, so, shockingly, it should probably have a priority move (Quick Attack or a signature move).
  • Keep in mind what moves are available by TM and HM in RBY; anything that isn’t will have to be gotten by level up or “event,” so try to make sure the moves you give it can be justified in some way, even if it’s a little bit of a stretch.
  • As before, keep the intended power level in mind here - around 9-20 on the VR.
  • A signature move can be added here, but must conform to RBY mechanics and effects and should not be the only thing this mon has going for it.
Have fun!

Level up:
Courage Kick (Fighting type priority move, 50 BP, 100% accuracy, 30 PP (Max:48))

Submission
Low Kick
High Jump Kick
Flamethrower
TM and HM:
Earthquake
Double Edge
Body Slam
Hyper Beam
Thunder Wave
Counter
Seismic Toss
Explanation:
Honestly, eshe0 already gave out a good idea for this mon's movepool and I don't know what I could do to deviate from that without being too strong. Hopefully High Jump kick doesn't break this Pokemon. Earthquake is here to clap Rhydon. Flamethrower is here because of "breaking" eggy. It still can't do shit against psychic types, though.

Last edited:

gastlies

running up that hill
is a Pre-Contributor
Level-Up
Dragon-type priority, 40BP, 24pp, 100% accuracy, 30% burn chance (can't burn dragon-types per RBY mechanics)
Flamethrower
Low Kick
TMs and HMs
TM08 - Body Slam
TM15 - Hyper Beam
TM17 - Submission
TM18 - Counter
TM19 - Seismic Toss
TM26 - Earthquake
TM38 - Fire Blast
TM44 - Rest
TM48 - Rock Slide

Idea is that this mon has some fire elements despite not being a fire-type (think groudon) which is why its signature move has a burn chance, and it learns fire moves. The priority move's main draw is the burn chance meaning it has a 30% chance to ruin something like tauros, or really benefit starmie, so it must be used with caution.

Level-Up
Signature Fighting-type priority 50 BP - 25 pp - 100% accuracy
Aurora Beam
Rolling Kick
Submission

TMs and HMs
TM10 - Double Edge
TM11 - Bubble Beam
TM15 - Hyper Beam
TM18 - Counter
TM19 - Seismic Toss
TM26 - Earthquake
TM33 - Reflect
TM48 - Rock Slide

I wanted to make this set a little different, the idea being somewhat of a Borealis-inspired mystical sort of dragon. Maybe that's pushing the fighting a little thin but I think it could still be a warrior type of mon with some of these unique beam moves. I chose these moves for quirky utility in lowering attack and speed, something that I thought fit thematically well with priority attacking. It can revenge kill or possibly leave some stat-lowering on its opponent. I decided to leave out body slam paralysis and rely on Double edge and submission risks.

Last edited:

Sabelette

is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Level-Up
Signature Fighting-type 50BP move, 24PP, 100% accuracy, no secondary effect
Fire Punch
Thunder Punch
Ice Punch
Leer

TMs and HMs
TM10 - Double-Edge
TM15 - Hyper Beam
TM17 - Submission
TM19 - Seismic Toss
TM22 - Solar Beam
TM33 - Reflect
TM42 - Sky Attack
TM48 - Rock Slide

TLDR the idea is it can tech coverage for stuff like Starmie/Eggy/Zapdos/Rhydon but the coverage isn't so strong that you get obliterated by taking one hit from it (Ice Punch is only a 3hko on Rhydon for example) but this means giving up other useful moves. No Body Slam so the Psychic weakness is a little more prominent rather than it just threatening out Normals with such ease that it can always fish as they go Starmie, since unlike Rhydon this thing can actually fight Tauros and unparalyzed Chansey. If it ends up too weak I'm down to try out giving it Body Slam, Counter, or Swords Dance in a balance slate and see what might happen. No EQ to help make its weaknesses a bit more pronounced by letting Gengar exploit it.

My expectation is that a typical set for it will be Submission / Priority / Hyper Beam / (Ice Punch / Thunder Punch / Rock Slide) but it has some fun options to mix things up. The reason I kept Counter off the set is because I think the 50/50 between "eat a trillion damage for switching out" and "eat a trillion damage for staying in" is a bit too rough with this much bulk.

Sabelette

Slate 1 Part 4B: Competitive Learnset Voting

Yall know the drill, 72 hours, first and second choice, can't self vote as a first choice.
eshe0
CoralReaper707
gastlies
BugCatcherBoat
Sabelette

gastlies

running up that hill
is a Pre-Contributor
The winning submission is eshe0 (with no extra "e"s at the end :P)

This means we have finsihed all the competitive aspects of this mon! As a reminder:
Typing: Dragon/Fighting
Stats: 111/111/99/99/66 (486 BST, 585 with doubled special)
Notable Moves: Submission, Low Kick, Double-Edge, Body Slam, Hyper Beam, Rock Slide, Earthquake, Fire Blast

It also has a signature move with 50 BP, 48PP, 100% Accuracy, and +1 Priority

Onto the next part...

Slate 1 Part 5B: Name/Art

You will have 72 hours to name the mon and (if you want) come up with art for it. The art can be either a concept or a picture/sprite. You can submit just a name, just art, or both if you want. If the winning submission is one that submits both, we will immediately move on. If the winning submission is just a name or just art, then we will have a second round for the part that's missing.

zxgzxg

scrabble
is a Forum Moderator

rbycap2_big.png
Here's my art submission for RBY CAP 2! It's a serpent-like creature with a body resembling an arm and hand, decorated with leather-like features because I thought it would look cool. I cannot figure out a name for this so I'm open to suggestions, although if we need to slate it, I'm cool with that too.

gastlies

running up that hill
is a Pre-Contributor
Voting is open! You know the drill, rank top 2 subs, 48 hours to vote, can't vote yourself in first place.

Subs are going by submitter since not every sub had a name. Options are:
The Faz
BugCatcherBoat
PalpitoadChamp
zxgzxg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)