48. OHKO moves
49. Glare
50. Vicegrip/Karate Chop/Poison Tail
51. Leech Life
52. X-Scissor
2 pounces? 45 and 16

Ema Skye

Work!
Again, your hypothesis was proven correct: the Pokemon on Burgundy Island know new moves that have not been seen on Kanto before! Professor Mulberry has been sending frequent emails to other professors, and Professor Birch and Professor Rowan confirmed that the moves seen on Burgundy Island have been reported in their regions. Their collaborative research will prove helpful in further study of the island. Continue to take caution in your studies because these moves seem dangerous!

The newly discovered moves are:

Blast Burn, Hydro Cannon and Frenzy Plant, first discovered by Gastlies
:gs/charizard: :gs/blastoise: :gs/venusaur:
Move: Blast Burn / Hydro Cannon / Frenzy Plant
Type: Fire / Water / Grass
Base Power: 150
Accuracy: 90
PP: 8
Effect: Takes a turn to recharge unless it KOes an opponent
Distribution: Blast Burn: :charizard:|:charmander::charmeleon: Hydro Cannon: :blastoise:|:squirtle::wartortle: Frenzy Plant: :venusaur:|:bulbasaur::ivysaur:
Description: Starters get hyper beam clones that they get in later gens. Not much else to say
Draco Meteor, first discovered by Gastlies
:gs/dragonite:
Move: Draco Meteor
Type: Dragon
Accuracy: 90
PP: 8
Effect: -2 Special
Distribution: :dragonite::mew:|:dratini::dragonair:
Description: The legendary Draco Meteor is here! Base power is now 150 due to the downside now lowering your special defense as well. This gives dragonite an insanely powerful dragon move that is completely unresisted.
and Focus Punch, discovered by TehTayTeh
Move: Focus Punch
Type: Fighting
Accuracy: 100%
PP: 32
Effect: Always goes last. Fails if the user takes damage before it hits.
Distribution: :machamp:* :primeape:* :poliwrath: :pinsir::muk:*
Description:
Purposefully limited distribution. Would be very powerful on mons that have setup (:medicham:) or have mostly normal-type checks. Hopefully this will allow some mons to keep up with powercreep.

i am mourning the loss of hold hands
As you return to camp after another day of exploring, you receive a few emails from Professor Mulberry. The first reads as follows:

Professor Mulberry said:
I am perplexed by all the researchers who thought they discovered a new Bug-type move, only for none of them to concretely be found. Perhaps combining their research on a single target would have been more fruitful than exploring in multiple areas.

The second email reads as follows:
Professor Mulberry said:
I apologize for waking you at this late hour. It appears another new Pokemon may have been seen deep in the centre of the island. Some of your peers have provided me with initial sketches, but despite my frequent communication with my colleagues in other regions, it appears we may have found a completely new species of Pokemon in the island! Please come to my lab in the morning to discuss further.
Slate 4 will commence soon after a brief discussion period.

ItzaDelta

formerly I-Deepblue-I
:venusaur: :charizard: :blastoise: While it's very nice that these guys get cool nukes, I don't think this'll boost their viability too much, as they still have the same issues (especially Blastoise). A cute option, though idk how relevant it'll end up being.

:dragonite: Hey another nuke! This one's pretty cool too, because Dragonite is already decently okay and giving it a good option to replace Hyper Beam with (as this one's a much less risky finisher and usually does more damage to non-Chansey opponents). Cool move.
EDIT: Wait yeah you can combo Draco and HBeam thats pretty cool I like that

:machamp: Machamp Focus Punch vs. Tauros: 399-470 (113 - 133.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Machamp Focus Punch vs. Snorlax: 505-594 (96.5 - 113.5%) -- 79.5% chance to OHKO
Machamp Focus Punch vs. Alakazam: 153-180 (48.8 - 57.5%) -- 96.1% chance to 2HKO
This thing has a stupid damage output, and while it's stuck on mostly shitty mons, it might give them more of a niche (especially Machamp and Poliwrath as those are quite decent at forcing switches). Just don't have it as your only STAB or you'll become pretty predictable lol.

Funny slate

Last edited:

Ema Skye

Work!
sorry hitmonchan!
are we really the RBY community if we don't shit on hitmonchan for every waking breath?

Anyways other than a shitpost, I have to announce that:

Burgundy's coding up until the move slate is complete, thanks to the illustrious Yoshiblaze! There are a few bugs we have to iron out (maybe this is where all the bug moves went idfk?) but it should be in a playable state very soon!

What does this mean for us?

It means the suspenseful Slate 4 will be put on hold and we will do some playtesting instead. Stay tuned for further information!

ItzaDelta

formerly I-Deepblue-I
I'm a bit disappointed... Focus Punch seems the only real relevant move
Hmmm...I actually disagree! The starter moves are probably pretty irrelevant, though it gives them a nice damage boost, but both Draco Meteor and Focus Punch are surely gonna be pretty relevant! Dragonite may not be the most viable mon, but it's more than usable and getting an extra tool is super nice!
EDIT: Sorry fsr my post duplicated

Last edited:
If Machamp ever ends up being too much, I strongly Advise removing that move from Machamp and giving it to Hitmonchan instead. Poor Hitmonchan NEEDS some sort of redemption. Believe me: I may not be the most professional Pokemon player out there, but I'm not afraid to express my thoughts if I feel something is wrong.

Hitmonchan is the ugliest and along with his hitmon brother the most boring Mon of Gen 1. I am against giving him Focus Punch. If after all the proposed improvements people have suggested here, things like Parasect and Pidgeot continue being bad and outclassed, Hitmonchan deserves to continue being bullied by the rest of Fighting Mons and the community too.

Hitmonchan is the ugliest and along with his hitmon brother the most boring Mon of Gen 1. I am against giving him Focus Punch. If after all the proposed improvements people have suggested here, things like Parasect and Pidgeot continue being bad and outclassed, Hitmonchan deserves to continue being bullied by the rest of Fighting Mons and the community too.
Bro, trust me. Seel and Dewgong are so much more boring than the Hitmons. Also, Mr. Mime, Jynx, and Seaking are all uglier.

Teh

the saint
is a Pre-Contributor
Honestly the thing I'm most scared about is Aerodactyl. Rock + Flying STAB with 125 attack and 135 speed is insane. Near perfect coverage (only Rhydon resists both turns out Aero gets Earthquake in tradebacks lmao) and an insane crit%! The substitute buff also means the psychics cant status it either!

Might deserve to be banned.

EDIT: After playing and spectating a few games, it definitely needs to be banned its so broken lmao. Literally nothing can revenge it except Electrode and Starmie at full

Last edited:

Ema Skye

Work!
And we are live!!

Burgundy Version is now live on Dragon Heaven! The link to DH is here: https://dragonheaven.herokuapp.com/#. Find it under Active Smogon Mods as '[Gen 1] Burgundy Version'.

There are a few bugs to report:
  • Roar/Whirlwind don't work as intended (currently do nothing still)
  • Recoil moves still give recoil on KO
  • Leech Seed still stacks with Toxic
  • Tradeback moves are flagged as illegal, but validate in the builder. (visual bug)
We will be having some room tours this weekend to get the meta going! Let me know what times work best to do some tours this weekend (including your timezone)

Honestly the thing I'm most scared about is Aerodactyl. Rock + Flying STAB with 125 attack and 135 speed is insane. Near perfect coverage (only Rhydon resists both turns out Aero gets Earthquake in tradebacks lmao) and an insane crit%! The substitute buff also means the psychics cant status it either!

Might deserve to be banned.

EDIT: After playing and spectating a few games, it definitely needs to be banned its so broken lmao. Literally nothing can revenge it except Electrode and Starmie at full
Yeah. I'm gonna have to agree with you on this one. Literally just revert it's attack back to the way it was, and we'll be fine. Keep every other change, though.

Ema Skye

Work!
Resource drop!

Stadium OU VR: Given changes to sleep, this is a good frame of reference for a sleepless VR. It also links to sets for RBY mons for how their sets may differ.
Stadium Sample Teams: Similar reasons to the above, these may be necessary. Remember that unlike Stadium, Burgundy does not have team preview and so you will need to pick a lead.

Lastly, in what might be the quickest nerf in Pet Mods history...

:y/aerodactyl:
Will be receiving the following nerfs:
Stats: 80/125/70/70/135 --> 80/105/70/70/130
Movepool: losing Drill Peck

Aerodactyl has completely warped the tier around it, gaining perfect coverage between Rock Slide, Wing Attack and Earthquake, while boasting a giant crit rate to act as a better Tauros. The stat changes drop its offensive capabilities back to normal, and removing Wing Attack allows ground resists like Exeggutor to pose as a threat to it still. While its bulk did not decrease to vanilla, we believe this encourages the use still of Aerodactyl's unique defensive value as a Normal resist+Ground immunity.

Tagging Yoshiblaze to update the dinosaur.

Last edited:
Resource drop!

Stadium OU VR: Given changes to sleep, this is a good frame of reference for a sleepless VR. It also links to sets for RBY mons for how their sets may differ.
Stadium Sample Teams: Similar reasons to the above, these may be necessary. Remember that unlike Stadium, Burgundy does not have team preview and so you will need to pick a lead.

Lastly, in what might be the quickest nerf in Pet Mods history...

:y/aerodactyl:
Will be receiving the following nerfs:
Stats: 80/125/70/70/135 --> 80/105/70/70/130
Movepool: losing Drill Peck

Aerodactyl has completely warped the tier around it, gaining perfect coverage between Rock Slide, Wing Attack and Earthquake, while boasting a giant crit rate to act as a better Tauros. The stat changes drop its offensive capabilities back to normal, and removing Wing Attack allows ground resists like Exeggutor to pose as a threat to it still. While its bulk did not decrease to vanilla, we believe this encourages the use still of Aerodactyl's unique defensive value as a Normal resist+Ground immunity.

Tagging Yoshiblaze to update the dinosaur.
Thank you for nerfing the damn Pterosaur. I do have a very minor complaint, however. Pterosaurs are not dinosaurs.

Ema Skye

Work!
We're now going to start Slate 4. We do have one more balance change to address first.

Sneasler:
80/130/60/80/120 --> 80/100/60/80/115
Movepool: Losing access to Hyper Beam

Sneasler has warped the meta around another Aerodactyl-tier revenge killer. After a Swords Dance, nothing really switches into it, especially due to Hyper Beam, with the exception of Gengar. Part of the design philosophy of its nerf was to figure out how to make it distinct from Machamp and Medicham while ensuring that all three are viable. Sneasler's weaker STABs encourage its use of SD to compensate for them, and so that is what we built around. Removing Hyper Beam forces it to use those STABs more, as Hyper Beam is the move it clicks most of the time. A nerf to its speed tier provides more standard options for revenge killing it through Alakazam and a speed tie with Starmie. The attack nerf ensures it does not eclipse Machamp or Medicham by being better breakers than they were.

Slate 4: A New Friend

Slate 4 is a fakemon slate. We're going to draw the process out a bit to ensure the fakemon is well designed. And this is your note that there will be only one winner.

We've also heard a lot of feedback about voting structure so far and we are making some changes:
  • Firstly, council will be approving concepts instead of vetoing them. We will be picking subs that are interesting, contrast well with the metagame or are creative. We will produce the approved list at the start of voting and only items on that list may be voted on. This cuts down on having 30-50 subs for people to vote on, which is a complete non-starter for some people.
    • This also cuts down on repetitive subs, which was very evident in the move slate.​
  • We are also going to be limiting the amount of subs people can make, somewhere between 1-4 per slate. This should encourage people to be more creative as there are less options to fill up.​
We're going to do a CAP-like process here. Submitters can submit roles, concepts or ideas they want to build a fakemon around during the first part of the slate. Council will vet the concept list and select some that are the most interesting for people to vote on.

You may submit up to 2 concepts using the below template.

Code:
[b]:Concept Name[/b]:
[b]Rationale[/b]:
See the example
Name: Limber but not really
Rationale: Paralysis is a focal point of RBY and even allows lead strategies. However, what if we produced a Pokemon that's difficult to paralyze? This is normally achieved through typing among other bits; Normal or Ghost prevent paraslam, Ground makes you immune to TWave, Rest can technically remove it but not the Speed drop. Perhaps this could shake up T1 para or some Chansey interactions. Maybe even make something that could duel Snorlax and Rhydon more consistently. There's a lot you could work with here. However, nothing stops Glare or Stun Spore...so maybe Exeggutor may run Double Powder more often. Could even use Conversion to turn Normal-type against a STAB Body Slam user.

Concept Name:Gotta fast!
Rationale: A Pokémon that is able to exploit Quick Attack with STAB and a high base attack, while being slow otherwise and having a low-mediocre speed.

Concept Name:Tinted Lens
Rationale: A Dragon-type, able to exploit the brand new unresisted Draco Meteor, while still crippled by flaws like shallow coverage. It would use Draco Meteor as its main option, while being able to break through blobs with High BP moves.

Last edited:
Concept Name: Tauros Check
Rationale: This Mon is mainly designed to check Tauros by resisting it's stabs or even being flat out immune to them (or at least be able to reliably tank those stabs), while also not crumbling to Blizzard, Earthquake, and the very rare thunderbolt. Something like a ghost type that isn't weak to ground would be nice, or maybe even just a Pokemon with Decent Bulk that stalls Tauros in a way similar to how Porygon stalls Snorlax. However, this Pokemon should be balanced as a CHECK, not a hard counter. I wouldn't mind if it were at least an ice type so it fears the Ocassional Fire Blast from Tauros and Random mons carrying Rock Slide.

Last edited:
Concept Name: Break the Mold!
Rationale: As some people may know, this is Stratagem’s concept, and the very first one to win in CAP history. However, I think it works in any metagame. Stratagem has been able to keep its place in the metagame despite power creep and overall meta shifts. If it sounds like I’m talking gibberish here, Break the Mold! strives to create a Pokémon that breaks the stereotypes of a typing. In Stratagem’s case, it became a fast, specially attacking Rock type. I believe there are many unique ways this concept can go, and I hope you choose this!

Concept Name: Take the Health Away
Rationale: This Pokémon utilizes the move leech seed in the RBY OU metagame. Leech Seed in RBY is only available to 2 Pokémon, Venusaur and Exeggutor, Egg would rather run Spore, and Venusaur is weak to the Psychic type, however, this Pokémon would use Leech Seed as it’s main move to wear down the glass cannons in the tier

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)