Pet Mod [Gen 1] Burgundy Version - Slate 6: Back to Basics

Move: Sludge Bomb
Type: Poison
Base Power: 90
Accuracy: 100%
PP: 16
Effect: 30% Chance to Poison
Distribution: Koffing, Weezing, Grimer, Muk, Bellsprout, Weepinbell, Victreebel, Oddish, Gloom, Vileplume, Sneasler, Zubat, Golbat, Ekans, Arbok, Nidoking, Nidoqueen, Diglett, Dugtrio, Paras, Parasect, Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, Venusaur, Beedrill, Tentacool, Tentacruel, Gastly, Haunter, Gengar.
Description: A desperate attempt of mine to make Poison from the worst type in the game to an actually OK one. Also, I used to forget that this was a Gen 2 Move, so yeah. Gives Poison types a good stab option to use, with the additional upside of having an annoying as fuck poison chance. I highly reccomend that you remove sludge bomb from Sneasler if it ends up being too strong.
Move: Fake Out
Type: Normal
Base Power: 40
Effect: Has +2 priority and always causes the foe to flinch. However, this can only be used for the first turn the user is out.
Distribution: Kangaskhan, Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, Raichu, Blastoise, Mr. Mime, Charizard, Venusaur, Poliwrath, Raticate, Mew, Wigglytuff, Clefable, Medicham.
Description: A nice little utility move for Pokemon that would usually be otherwise be pretty worthless otherwise. I'm removing fake out from Persian, because that just sounds really scary.
Move: Thunder Punch/Fire Punch/Ice Punch
Type: Electric/Fire/Ice
Base Power: 80
Accuracy: 100
PP: 24
Effect: 10% chance to Paralyze, Burn, or Freeze (depending on the move)
Distribution: Same as before+ Jynx (Fire Punch and Thunder Punch), Sneasler (Fire Punch), Golem (Ice Punch), Electabuzz (Ice Punch), Magmar (Ice Punch), Charizard (Thunder Punch), Blastoise (Thunder Punch), Raichu (Fire Punch), Persian (Ice Punch)
Description: A very small rework of these three moves on top of a distribution buff. I will gladly allow Council to hack away at the distribution of these moves if needed.

Last edited:
Name: Leech Seed
Type: Grass
BP: -
Acc: 100
PP: 10(16)
Effect: Sets an effect on the target that lasts until it switches out. That effect makes it lose 1/8 of its total HP each turn. If the user of Leech Seed or a member of its team is on the field, they gain the number of HP the target lost. Fails if the target has a substitute or if it is Grass-type.
Distribution: lines of Venusaur, Tangela, Vilep’ume, Exeguttor, Paradect, abomasnow line
Description: some recovery, a way to stall Chansey I guess?

Last edited:
Move: Guillotine, Horn Drill, Fissure and Sheer Cold.
Type: Bug (Guillotine), Rock (Horn Drill), Ground (Fissure) and Ice (Sheer Cold).
Base Power: 75 70
Accuracy: 95 100
Effect: High crit chance. Destroy screens.
Distribution (full, so if something that originally had the move doesn,t appear here, it got removed):
Guillotine: :parasect: :pinsir: :scyther: :kingler:
Horn Drill: :nidoking: :nidoqueen: :seaking: :dewgong: :rhydon::omastar: :mew: :rapidash:
Fissure: :blastoise: :arbok: :dugtrio: :kangaskhan: :lapras: :marowak: :mew: :poliwrath: :snorlax: :slowbro:
Sheer Cold: :articuno: :dewgong: :abomasnow: :lapras:
Description: So, fuck OHKO Moves, they don,t exist anymore now. Instead, they still OHKO, but due to crits.
Guillotine is the most fun of these moves, Psychics now will really fear Bug types (and Kingler) and even Reflect won,t save them.

Horn Drill offers some nice coverage for some Mons. Notably, Horn Drill Dewgong will win the mirror match vs Horn Drill less Dewgong. Omastar has a 34,7 chance to 2HKO Chansey with it, though Starmie avoids it. Both Nidos are now way more reliable stops of Zapdos. The biggest winner and the reason I only put 75 power and not more to these moves, is Rhydon, who now 2HKOs almost everything... however he is slow enough to not always crit with Horn Drill (though I can,t find anywhere the actual chance). I was reasonable enough not to give the move to Tauros or Dragonite. Also, now Rapidash 1vs1s every single Fire.
Fissure is a better Earthquake. Dugtrio, Marowak and Kangaskhan are the maon abussers of this move. Snorlax is not as good, due to being slow and not always critting.
In OU, most Ice Mons will still be using Blizzard or Ice Beam instead of Sheer Cold due to the freeze chance, though breaking Amnesia Hypno is useful. In Ubers, this is a relevant calc vs paralyzed Mewtwo:
Articuno Ice Beam vs. Mewtwo on a critical hit: 136-160 (32.7 - 38.5%) -- 99.3% chance to 3HKO
Mewtwo is now forced to recover vs Articuno, since +2 Thunderbolt doesn,t OHKO the bird.

After the nerf, the moves don,t bypass defensive boosts anymore, but still bypass Reflect and Light Screen, breaking them. This makes the meta more offensive and nerfs Reflect sets from Chansey, Snorlax, Slowbro and Alakazam in favor of more offensive sets.

Move: Sky Attack
Type: Flying
Base Power: 140
Accuracy: 90
PP: 8
Effect: Attacks on first turn. Recharges on second turn unless the opponent has fainted or a Sub was broken.
Distribution: :articuno: :aerodactyl: :golbat: :fearow: :farfetch :mew: :moltres: :pidgeot:
Description: Now this move is a Flying type Hyper Beam. Aerodactyl, Articuno and Moltres can be great late game sweepers with it. Zapdos notably doesn,t get the move, giving more advantage to his brothers.

Move: Beak Blast
Base Power: 100
Accuracy: 95
Effect: 30% chance to burn
Distribution: :pidgeot: :fearow: :farfetch :dodrio: :golduck: :dodrio:

Some lesser used birds now have a spammable STAB that can burn. Despite being a very powerful move, the users (except Dodrio) aren,t really great Mons.

Move: Rolling Kick
Type: Fighting
Effect: 20% chance to flinch
Distribution: :machamp: :electabuzz: :hitmonlee: :scyther: :medicham:
Description: An exclusive Move in Gen 1, still with very few users in the rest of Gens. Its weird this move was never good, so I am making it now. Machamp is by far the best abuser with Glare. Electabuzz now is an electric that doesn,t need the unreliable Submission for Chansey. Hitmonlee is still pretty outclassed by Machamp, but is faster. Scyther is not that walled by Rhydon anymore and along with Electabuzz, is the fastest user. Medicham is the only user of the move with Recover. Not giving it to my boy Sneasler, because STAB + crazy speed + flinch chance (even if I reduced it by 10%) would be too much.

Move: Dire Claw
Base Power: 70
Effect: High crit chance. 30% to paralyze.
Distribution: :sneasler: :armaldo: :sandslash: :beedrill:
Description: A move that Sneasler can use without SD. Poison is still the worst offensive type, so he will really only will be OHKOing Egg and the Bugs (which hopefully will be more relevant with Guillotine and the other Moves people are buffing). Sandslash also likes this vs Exeggutor, an otherwise counter.
Ok, since Sneasler can,t crit, he at least can paralyze with the Poison STAB. This move has less power and distribution than Sludge Bomb, but the secondary effect is better.

Move: Flash Cannon
Type: Electric
Effect: Hits Ground types effectively.
Distribution: :magneton: :seadra: :blastoise:
Description: Instead of being outclassed by every electric type that exists in RBY, Magneton now is a Ground type killer. He still struggles to break Chansey and Grass types and has a terrible movepool, but at least now he has an actual niche.
Seadra is still outclassed by Starmie, but Blastoise is also a Mon that gets some use with some new toys for sure. Not being walled by opposing Waters certainly helps.

Move: Roost
Base Power:
Accuracy:
PP:
Effect: User heals 50% of its HP, losing the Flying type if it moved first.
Distribution: :butterfree: :pidgeot: :venomoth: :fearow: :farfetch :scyther: :charizard: :mew: :articuno:
Description: Another buff for Flying Mons, though Articuno is the only relevant one that gets it.

Move: Meditate
Type: Psychic
Base Power:
Accuracy:
PP:
Effect: Rises Attack and Special.
Distribution: :medicham: :hypno: :machamp: :electabuzz: :primeape: :mr. mime: :hitmonlee:
Description: I never understood the point of this Move and the low and almost exclusive distribution it had. Now it raises both offensive Stats and also special bulk. Medicham is by far the best abusser, but Electabuzz is another powerful mixed Sweeper. Machamp can now funnily do this (considering his new Speed and Special increases, of course):
Exeggutor Psychic vs. +1 Machamp: 178-210 (46.4 - 54.8%) -- 65% chance to 2HKO
+1 Machamp Fire Blast vs. Exeggutor: 192-226 (48.8 - 57.5%) -- 96.1% chance to 2HKO

Move: Raging Fury
Type: Fire
Base Power: 110
Effect: User faints. The Special of opposing Mon is halfed during the damage calculation. User doesn,t faint if a Substitute is broken.
Distribution: :arcanine: :fearow: :primeape: :rapidash: :magmar:
Description: Fire type Explosion. Since unlike Normal, Fire can hit things effectively, the power is lowered. The Mons that get this Move are known for being angry often (except Arcanine, but he is the original user of the move).

Some personal suggestions to already submitted moves (that may or may not influence my future votes):
Gastlies Marowak learns Belly Drum in future Gens and right now is fully outclassed by Sandslash. Certainly deserves the move more than Snorlax.
Ema Skye My submitted Flareon learns Jump Kick. He knows how to kick. You submitted Blaze Kick :blobthinking: Also Rapidash is a jumping horse and IRL horses kick hard.
AverageDamage Parasect and Dugtrio are 2 Non-Poison Mons that learn Sludge Bomb. Parasect probably prefers a better Bug STAB, but Dugtrio would enjoy wrecking Egg.

Last edited:
Type: Bug (Guillotine), Rock (Horn Drill), Ground (Fissure) and Ice (Sheer Cold).
Base Power: 75
Effect: High crit chance.
Distribution (full, so if something that originally had the move doesn,t appear here, it got removed):
Horn Drill: :nidoking: :nidoqueen: :seaking: :rhydon: :dewgong: :omastar: :mew: :rapidash:
Fissure: :blastoise: :arbok: :dugtrio: :kangaskhan: :lapras: :marowak: :mew: :poliwrath: :snorlax: :slowbro:
Description: So, fuck OHKO Moves, they don,t exist anymore now. Instead, they still OHKO, but due to crits.
Guillotine is the most fun of these moves, Psychics now will really fear Bug types (and Kingler) and even Reflect won,t save them.

Horn Drill offers some nice coverage for some Mons. Notably, Horn Drill Dewgong will win the mirror match vs Horn Drill less Dewgong. Omastar has a 34,7 chance to 2HKO Chansey with it, though Starmie avoids it. Both Nidos are now way more reliable stops of Zapdos. The biggest winner and the reason I only put 75 power and not more to these moves, is Rhydon, who now 2HKOs almost everything... however he is slow enough to not always crit with Horn Drill (though I can,t find anywhere the actual chance). I was reasonable enough not to give the move to Tauros or Dragonite. Also, now Rapidash 1vs1s every single Fire.
Fissure is a better Earthquake. Dugtrio, Marowak and Kangaskhan are the maon abussers of this move. Snorlax is not as good, due to being slow and not always critting.
In OU, most Ice Mons will still be using Blizzard or Ice Beam instead of Sheer Cold due to the freeze chance, though breaking Amnesia Hypno is useful. In Ubers, this is a relevant calc vs paralyzed Mewtwo:
Articuno Ice Beam vs. Mewtwo on a critical hit: 136-160 (32.7 - 38.5%) -- 99.3% chance to 3HKO
Mewtwo is now forced to recover vs Articuno, since +2 Thunderbolt doesn,t OHKO the bird.

Effect: Attacks on first turn. Recharges on second turn unless the opponent has fainted or a Sub was broken.
Distribution: :articuno: :aerodactyl: :golbat: :fearow: :farfetch :mew: :moltres: :pidgeot:
Description: Now this move is a Flying type Hyper Beam. Aerodactyl, Articuno and Moltres can be great late game sweepers with it. Zapdos notably doesn,t get the move, giving more advantage to his brothers.

Description: An exclusive Move in Gen 1, still with very few users in the rest of Gens. Its weird this move was never good, so I am making it now. Machamp is by far the best abuser with Glare. Electabuzz now is an electric that doesn,t need the unreliable Submission for Chansey. Hitmonlee is still pretty outclassed by Machamp, but is faster. Scyther is not that walled by Rhydon anymore and along with Electabuzz, is the fastest user. Medicham is the only user of the move with Recover. Not giving it to my boy Sneasler, because STAB + crazy speed + flinch chance (even if I reduced it by 10%) would be too much.

Distribution:
:sneasler: :armaldo: :sandslash: :beedrill:
Description: A move that Sneasler can use without SD. Poison is still the worst offensive type, so he will really only will be OHKOing Egg and the Bugs (which hopefully will be more relevant with Guillotine and the other Moves people are buffing). Sandslash also likes this vs Exeggutor, an otherwise counter.

Description: Instead of being outclassed by every electric type that exists in RBY, Magneton now is a Ground type killer. He still struggles to break Chansey and Grass types and has a terrible movepool, but at least now he has an actual niche.
Seadra is still outclassed by Starmie, but Blastoise is also a Mon that gets some use with some new toys for sure. Not being walled by opposing Waters certainly helps.

Base Power:
Accuracy:
PP:
Distribution: :medicham: :hypno: :machamp: :electabuzz: :primeape: :mr. mime: :hitmonlee:
Description: I never understood the point of this Move and the low and almost exclusive distribution it had. Now it raises both offensive Stats and also special bulk. Medicham is by far the best abusser, but Electabuzz is another powerful mixed Sweeper. Machamp can now funnily do this (considering his new Speed and Special increases, of course):
+1 Machamp Fire Blast vs. Exeggutor: 192-226 (48.8 - 57.5%) -- 96.1% chance to 2HKO

Some personal suggestions to already submitted moves (that may or may not influence my future votes):
Gastlies Marowak learns Belly Drum in future Gens and right now is fully outclassed by Sandslash. Certainly deserves the move more than Snorlax.
Ema Skye My submitted Flareon learns Jump Kick. He knows how to kick. You submitted Blaze Kick :blobthinking: Also Rapidash is a jumping horse and IRL horses kick hard.
AverageDamage Parasect and Dugtrio are 2 Non-Poison Mons that learn Sludge Bomb. Parasect probably prefers a better Bug STAB, but Dugtrio would enjoy wrecking Egg.
Ok. Noted. I just adjusted the Sludge Bomb Distribution now!

Ema Skye

Work!
Midslate Feedback post because I said I would do that:

Name: Will-O-Wisp
Bp: ---
Acc: 90%
PP: 15 (24)
Effect: Burns the target.
Distribution: :growlithe::arcanine:Arcanine, :charmander::charmeleon::charizard:Charizard, :gastly::haunter::gengar:Gengar, :magmar:Magmar, :mew:Mew, :moltres:Moltres, :vulpix::ninetales:Ninetales, :ponyta::rapidash:Rapidash, :fletchling::fletchinder::talonflame:Talonflame, :koffing::weezing:Weezing
Description: Burn is cool and has some cool uses so I find it worth adding. As Yoshiblaze once said

Name: Bite
Bp: 20
Acc: 100%
PP: 20 (32)
Effect: Hits 2 times. Each hit lowers the target's Def by 1.
Distribution: Old Distribution + :rattata::raticate:Raticate
Description: Tear Apart is a cool breaking tool.

Name: Jungle Healing
Bp: ---
Acc: ---%
PP: 10 (16)
Effect: Heals the user by 25% of its max hp. Removes the user's status (Haze).
Distribution: :paras::parasect:Parasect, :tangela:Tangela, :bulbasaur::ivysaur::venusaur:Venusaur, :bellsprout::weepinbell::victreebel:Victreebel
Description: Healing & Status curing is very cool and can be beneficial for pokemon that dislike getting statused.
Wisp: kinda underwhelming just given how burns work this gen (6% damage). Talon/Gar seem a bit annoying with it but council can adjust it as needed. Burn is interesting to play around with and I'd maybe try to figure out how to reward the status more.

Bite: seems interesting. Creates easy Hyper Beam ranges but offers redundant coverage. Could be an interesting way to deny reflect mons.

Jungle Healing: this could potentially be very cool on a lead. I don't think the available mons work for this role but I'm sure someone will try to build around it later.

Move: X-Scissor
Type: Bug
Power: 80
PP: 15 (max 24)
Effect: Nope
Learnset: :beedrill: :sandshrew: :sandslash: :paras: :parasect: :krabby: :kingler: :scyther: :pinsir: :kabutops: :mew: :anorith: :armaldo: :sneasel: :sneasler:
Description: A GOOD BUG MOVE…
should Sneasler get it? It makes it unstoppable if able to out speed Alakazam or Starmie
Please reduce distribution as some of these are likely a bit broken with it (Sneasler, Armaldo, Mew in Ubers). In general, be careful with moves that are TMs in later gens because they tend to really expand distribution. Most non-Normal moves are not common in RBY unless they are TMs and this should be maintained.

Move: Tri-Attack
Power: 80
PP: 10 (max 16)
Effect: 20% chance to paralyze, freeze or burn
Distribution: The same as before (maybe remove from some special attackers)
Description: An alternative to slam for those mons who can't learn it (mainly :porygon:, :fearow: and :magneton:) with very little overlap with slam, the main mon who can run this over slam is :dodrio: and maybe :dugtrio: (I guess new :clefable: too). Given RBY mechanics this move can freeze ice types and burn ice types, but can't affect normal types.

Move: Air Slash
Power: 75
Accuracy: 95%
Effect: 30% chance to flinch
Distribution: :articuno: :butterfree: :charizard: :dragonite: :farfetch:golbat: :mew: :moltres: :pidgeot: :pidgeotto: :pidgey: :scyther: :venomoth: :zubat:
Description: A flying type move for those mons that lack drill peck (:aerodactyl: was given drill peck)

Move: Wood Hammer
Power: 100
Effect: 1/4 recoil
Distribution: :abomasnow: :bellsprout: :bulbasaur: :exeggcute: :exeggutor: :gloom: :ivysaur: :oddish: :paras: :parasect::snover: :tangela: :venusaur: :victreebel: :vileplume: :weepinbell:
Description: We got stadium recoil, so grass types get a recoil eq

Move: Dragon Breath
Type: Dragon
Power: 60
PP: 20 (max 32)
Effect: 30% chance to paralyze
Distribution: :aerodactyl: :arcanine: :charizard: :charmander: :charmeleon: :dragonair: :dragonite: :dratini: :growlithe: :gyarados: :horsea: :lapras: :mew: :onix: :seadra:
Description: Try stopping this para chance

Move: Parabolic Charge
Power: 65
Effect: User recovers 50% of the damage dealt
Distribution: :electabuzz: :electrode: :jolteon: :magnemite: :magneton: :raichu: :voltorb:
Description: These guys can now work better with defensive sets, mainly looking at jolteon, electabuzz and raichu

Move: Freezing Glare
Type: Ghost
Power: 90
PP: 10 (max 16)
Effect: 10% chance to freeze
Distribution: :abomasnow::arbok: :articuno: :cloyster: :dodrio: :doduo: :dragonair: :dragonite: :dratini: :ekans: :gastly: :gengar: :golbat: :golduck: :haunter: :horsea: :mankey: :marowak: :meowth: :ninetales: :persian: :primeape: :rhydon: :rhyhorn: :seadra: :shellder: :sneasel:-hisui :sneasler: :snover: :tangela: :tentacool: :tentacruel: :zubat:
Description: I wanted to add pokemon xd's shadow chill, but this is a close enough replacement for that idea, ghost is a very bad offensive move in gen 1, it's typeless vs everything but the ghosts and normals and psychics, who are immune to it, this can at least give interesting coverage to some mons alongside a unique way to freeze
These are mostly pretty neat.

Freezing Glare: I don't think this does what you want it to because this is bad Ice Beam. 4/6ths at minimum of standard RBY teams will be immune to the move and so the coverage is non-existent.

Move: Snore
BP: 100
Acc: 100%
Effect: User must be asleep.
Distribution: :abomasnow::aerodactyl::eevee::mew::persian::snorlax::tauros:
Description: Users can activate Sleep Clause without effectively being put out of commission. Doesn't invalidate sleep as a strategy; users are still turned into switch-in fodder for the likes of Gengar, Rhydon, and Armaldo, and the opportunity cost of running Snore over coverage or utility is significant.
Tauros
- Body Slam
- Hyper Beam
- Snore
- Blizzard

Snorlax
- Reflect
- Snore
- Toxic
- Rest

Move: Curse
Base Power: --
Accuracy: --
Effect: Raises Atk and Def by 1 stage, lowers Spe by 1 stage.
Distribution: :Golem::snorlax::tauros:
Description: Turns user into a wincon. 8 PP mandates that the move be played sparingly. Opportunity cost is also a major factor.
Snorlax
- Curse
- Body Slam
- Earthquake
- Rest / Self Destruct

Tauros
- Body Slam
- Hyper Beam
- Earthquake
- Curse
I love both of these. Probably some of my favourites, especially Curse. I wonder what it'd be like as a universal move ala GSC.

:gs/charizard: :gs/blastoise: :gs/venusaur:
Move: Blast Burn / Hydro Cannon / Frenzy Plant
Type: Fire / Water / Grass
Base Power: 150
Effect: Takes a turn to recharge unless it KOes an opponent
Distribution: Blast Burn: :charizard:|:charmander::charmeleon: Hydro Cannon: :blastoise:|:squirtle::wartortle: Frenzy Plant: :venusaur:|:bulbasaur::ivysaur:
Description: Starters get hyper beam clones that they get in later gens. Not much else to say

:gs/beedrill:
Move: Pin Missile
Base Power: 25
PP: 20
Effect: Hits 2-5 times
Distribution: :beedrill::cloyster::jolteon::mew::omastar::pinsir::sandslash:| :shellder::omanyte::sandshrew:
Description: wow look a good bug move what an original concept anyways, this makes pin missile as strong as its modern variation. Basically a direct upgrade from twineedle now since the weakest pin missile is as strong as twineedle. Modern distribution too but pinsir gets it since Pin Missile became a TM in gen 8, but pinsir wasn't in gen 8. It's very likely pinsir would have gotten the move since it's in gen 8.

:gs/snorlax:
Move: Belly Drum
Base Power: 0
Accuracy: --
Effect: +12 ATK, halves HP. +2 ATK if HP is below half.
Distribution: :snorlax::charizard::clefable::poliwrath::marowak::slowbro::lickitung:| :charmander::charmeleon::clefairy::poliwag::poliwhirl::cubone::slowpoke:
Description: It's belly drum! Probably worse than it was in GSC since drummers have a lot less longevity due to lack of leftovers or heal bell.

:gs/dragonite:
Move: Draco Meteor
Type: Dragon
Effect: -2 Special
Distribution: :dragonite::mew:|:dratini::dragonair:
Description: The legendary Draco Meteor is here! Base power is now 150 due to the downside now lowering your special defense as well. This gives dragonite an insanely powerful dragon move that is completely unresisted.
Starter Hyper Beams are cool and allow for the starters to be differentiated from the others.

Pin Missile: Not sure if Cloyster should get this as it lets it get around Starmie without blowing up. See above comment about modern distributions.

Belly Drum: pretty cool. I think the risk is very interesting here.

Draco Meteor: Mechanically interesting but I imagine we'll need to play with the numbers a bit to balance it out.

Move: Bulk Up
Base Power: -
Accuracy: -
Effect: Raises Attack and Defense one stage.
Distribution: :primeape: :poliwrath: :machamp: :hitmonlee: :hitmonchan: :pinsir: :mew: :medicham: :talonflame:
Description: Physical setup for the mediocre Fighting-types, Pinsir, Medicham, and Talonflame. Increases their bulk, which helps a lot.

Move: Facade
Effect: Doubles in base power if the user is poisoned, burned, or paralyzed. Ignores the decrease in power for physical moves when burned.
Distribution: Universal
Description: Paralysis is everywhere, so Facade exists to capitalize on that, essentially being a tiny bit weaker than Hyper Beam but without a drawback if you're paralyzed.

Move: Shadow Claw
PP: 15
Effect: High critical hit ratio.
Distribution: :sandslash: :dugtrio: :persian: :primeape: :gengar: :mew: :armaldo: :sneasler:
Description: Slash is an incredibly strong move. Shadow Claw is a Ghost-type Slash. This is balanced out by the fact that the two best types in the game, Normal and Psychic, are completely immune to it. It gives a way to hit Gengar and not much else, though the neutrality to Rock helps Persian too.

Move: Acid Spray
Effect: Harshly lowers the target's Special.
Distribution: :arbok: :golbat: :parasect: :victreebel: :tentacruel: :muk: :weezing: :tangela:
Description: Broken side effect for very bad Pokémon, plus Victreebel and Tangela, who can both be pretty menacing with it.

Move: Heal Bell / Aromatherapy
Type: Normal / Grass
Accuracy: -
PP: 5
Effect: Cures the user's team of status conditions.
Distribution: :clefable: :ninetales: :wigglytuff: :jynx: :eevee: :mew: / :venusaur: :vileplume: :parasect: :abomasnow:
Description: Hey, status clearing! There's none of that in RBY, so here it is. Removed from Chansey because that sounds scary.

Move: Low Kick
Effect: Base power varies based on the target's weight.
Distribution: :golduck: :primeape: :machamp: :rapidash: :hitmonlee: :hitmonchan: :kangaskhan: :electabuzz: :magmar: :mew: :medicham: :sneasler:
Description: Low Kick is now an okay Fighting move distributed to several things that need either STAB or a niche, but mostly this means Sneasler can't be completely obnoxious with paraflinching.
Bulk Up: Technically is a superior version of an existing sub (Curse) so it is vetoed. It is also broken on Medicham. Feel free to play around with the idea some more though.

Facade: We are also vetoing this one due to how it plays with status spread in RBY. Players should be rewarded for clicking status moves, not punished for it.

Shadow Claw: Likely fine given how awful Ghost is as an offensive type.

Acid Spray: probably broken on Tentacruel but otherwise fine.

Heal Bell/Aromatherapy: council is vetoing this as it completely changes how RBY is played which harms playability

Low Kick: this is probably fine. We may have to play with distribution a bit here too.

Move: Smelling Salts
Type: Rock
Accuracy: 85%
PP: 12
Effect: x2 damage to paralyzed target, cures non-paralysis status from target.
Distribution: :golem: :primeape: :mew: :kangaskhan:
:Sandslash: and all fossil pokemon.
Description: Strong endgame move that hits as hard as Hyper Beam, but can awake or thaw out those targets.
This is interesting with how it plays with Thunder Wave. Remove it from Aerodactyl. 12PP isn't an option though: pick 8 or 16.

Move Name - Aqua Jet
Typing - Water
Base Power - 40
Accuracy - 100
PP - 24
Effect - Usually goes first.
Distribution (whole evolution line unless otherwise stated) - :blastoise:, :golduck:, :tentacruel:, :dewgong:, :cloyster:, :kingler:, :seadra:, :seaking:, :gyarados:, :kabutops:, :dragonite:, :armaldo:
Justification - Priority moves are a really interesting concept in RBY, and as such, I decided that Aqua Jet was a fitting choice. Water is a solid offensive typing and this gives it another layer of utility.

Move Name - Brick Break
Typing - Fighting
Base Power - 75
Accuracy - 100
PP - 16
Effect - Destroys screens
Distribution - :beedrill:, :charizard:, :dragonite:, :golem:, :hitmonchan:, :kabutops:, :kangaskhan:, :machamp:, :magmar:, :pinsir:, :primeape:, :raichu:, :sandslash:, :scyther:
Description - A real Fighting-type move! WOW! Brick Break gives many Fighting-types a much needed reliable STAB attack that also boasts nice utility in breaking Reflect, which can be crucial versus Snorlax, Chansey, and Armaldo.
These are both super cool.

Move: Sludge Bomb
Effect: 30% Chance to Poison
Distribution: Koffing, Weezing, Grimer, Muk, Bellsprout, Weepinbell, Victreebel, Oddish, Gloom, Vileplume, Sneasler, Zubat, Golbat, Ekans, Arbok, Nidoking, Nidoqueen
Description: A desperate attempt of mine to make Poison from the worst type in the game to an actually OK one. Gives Poison types a good stab option to use, with the additional upside of having an annoying as fuck poison chance. I highly reccomend that you remove sludge bomb from Sneasler if it ends up being too strong.

Move: Recover
Base Power: none
Effect: Heals 50% of the user's maximum HP.
Distribution: Same as before, but the council can definitely give recover to more mons if they wish.
Description: Why the fuck does recover have 32 PP?

Move: Thunder Punch/Fire Punch/Ice Punch
Type: Electric/Fire/Ice
Effect: 10% chance to Paralyze, Burn, or Freeze (depending on the move)
Distribution: Same as before+ Jynx (Fire Punch and Thunder Punch), Sneasler (Fire Punch), Golem (Ice Punch), Electabuzz (Ice Punch), Magmar (Ice Punch), Charizard (Thunder Punch), Blastoise (Thunder Punch), Raichu (Fire Punch), Persian (Ice Punch)
Description: A very small rework of these three moves on top of a distribution buff. I will gladly allow Council to hack away at the distribution of these moves if needed.
Recover: will be vetoed due to nerfing Starmie/Alakazam as special walls which goes against philosophy statements outlined in the OP.

Name: Leech Seed
BP: -
PP: 10(16)
Effect: future
Distribution: lines of Venusaur, Tangela, Vilep’ume, Exeguttor, Paradect
Description: some recovery
Can you specify what the future effect is?

Horn Drill: :nidoking: :nidoqueen: :seaking: :rhydon: :dewgong: :omastar: :mew: :rapidash:

Distribution:
:sneasler: :armaldo: :sandslash: :beedrill:

Base Power:
Accuracy:
PP:

Guillotine etc: These are vetoed due to being as strong as Hyper Beam, being able to hit things super effectively and having no drawback. A substantial powerdrop is needed. Guillotine is also further vetoed due to being a strictly superior version of a previous sub (Vicegrip).

Sky Attack: also vetoed due to the power of the move. Refine the distribution some more, and likely the power, and it might work (notably remove it from Aerodactyl, Articuno and Moltres)

Rolling Kick: this is cool

Dire Claw: like Guillotine, its vetoed due to being a better version of a previous sub (Poison Tail).

Flash Cannon: this is a bit too much of an overhaul than I'm comfortable having so it is vetoed on that front.

Meditate: this is vetoed due to being identical to a previous sub (Sharpen)

---

In general, please be careful playing around with the moves that were given to the new mons or the buffed mons. Both groups of mons were made with existing RBY moves as part of their balancing, and they risk being broken if they get too much.

Also, try to be careful with distribution of moves because most Pokemon don't get that much coverage

Midslate Feedback post because I said I would do that:

Wisp: kinda underwhelming just given how burns work this gen (6% damage). Talon/Gar seem a bit annoying with it but council can adjust it as needed. Burn is interesting to play around with and I'd maybe try to figure out how to reward the status more.

Bite: seems interesting. Creates easy Hyper Beam ranges but offers redundant coverage. Could be an interesting way to deny reflect mons.

Jungle Healing: this could potentially be very cool on a lead. I don't think the available mons work for this role but I'm sure someone will try to build around it later.

Please reduce distribution as some of these are likely a bit broken with it (Sneasler, Armaldo, Mew in Ubers). In general, be careful with moves that are TMs in later gens because they tend to really expand distribution. Most non-Normal moves are not common in RBY unless they are TMs and this should be maintained.

These are mostly pretty neat.

Freezing Glare: I don't think this does what you want it to because this is bad Ice Beam. 4/6ths at minimum of standard RBY teams will be immune to the move and so the coverage is non-existent.

I love both of these. Probably some of my favourites, especially Curse. I wonder what it'd be like as a universal move ala GSC.

Starter Hyper Beams are cool and allow for the starters to be differentiated from the others.

Pin Missile: Not sure if Cloyster should get this as it lets it get around Starmie without blowing up. See above comment about modern distributions.

Belly Drum: pretty cool. I think the risk is very interesting here.

Draco Meteor: Mechanically interesting but I imagine we'll need to play with the numbers a bit to balance it out.

Bulk Up: Technically is a superior version of an existing sub (Curse) so it is vetoed. It is also broken on Medicham. Feel free to play around with the idea some more though.

Facade: We are also vetoing this one due to how it plays with status spread in RBY. Players should be rewarded for clicking status moves, not punished for it.

Shadow Claw: Likely fine given how awful Ghost is as an offensive type.

Acid Spray: probably broken on Tentacruel but otherwise fine.

Heal Bell/Aromatherapy: council is vetoing this as it completely changes how RBY is played which harms playability

Low Kick: this is probably fine. We may have to play with distribution a bit here too.

This is interesting with how it plays with Thunder Wave. Remove it from Aerodactyl. 12PP isn't an option though: pick 8 or 16.

These are both super cool.

Recover: will be vetoed due to nerfing Starmie/Alakazam as special walls which goes against philosophy statements outlined in the OP.

Can you specify what the future effect is?

Guillotine etc: These are vetoed due to being as strong as Hyper Beam, being able to hit things super effectively and having no drawback. A substantial powerdrop is needed. Guillotine is also further vetoed due to being a strictly superior version of a previous sub (Vicegrip).

Sky Attack: also vetoed due to the power of the move. Refine the distribution some more, and likely the power, and it might work (notably remove it from Aerodactyl, Articuno and Moltres)

Rolling Kick: this is cool

Dire Claw: like Guillotine, its vetoed due to being a better version of a previous sub (Poison Tail).

Flash Cannon: this is a bit too much of an overhaul than I'm comfortable having so it is vetoed on that front.

Meditate: this is vetoed due to being identical to a previous sub (Sharpen)

---

In general, please be careful playing around with the moves that were given to the new mons or the buffed mons. Both groups of mons were made with existing RBY moves as part of their balancing, and they risk being broken if they get too much.

Also, try to be careful with distribution of moves because most Pokemon don't get that much coverage
Oops. I'll replace Recover with something else.

Shadow Punch
75 BP (80 if CoralReaper’s is accepted)
Physical
:hitmonchan::snorlax::Gengar::haunter::muk::grimer::Hypno::drowsee:
10% flinch 100% -1Special
A ghost move that’s viable I guess? Way worse than EQ, but hits nothing. Hmm. Can help gar to beat things.

Last edited:
Replaced Bulk Up with Lucky Chant, Facade with Pounce, and Heal Bell with Meteor Beam. That said, I am almost certain I subbed Bulk Up before Curse was submitted, so I think vetoing it on the grounds of being superior to a previous sub is a little unfair.

Teh

the saint
is a Pre-Contributor
(* after a mon means every pre-evo gets the move)
Move: Power-up Punch
PP: 32
Effect:
+1 Attack on hit
Distribution: :machamp:* :dragonite: :charizard:* :primeape:* :blastoise:* :golem:* :hitmonchan: :kangaskhan: :hypno:* :muk:* :nidoking: :nidoqueen: :poliwrath: :poliwhirl: :magmar: :electabuzz: :rhydon: :lickitung::abomasnow:* :hitmonlee:
Description: Widely distributed fighting-type move that can boost attack. Shouldn't be too powerful because of the low power and costing a moveslot, but could be wrong. Initially was going to give it to Sneasler and Meditite, but I figured that might be too powerful.

Move: Focus Punch
Effect: Always goes last. Fails if the user takes damage before it hits.
Distribution: :machamp:* :primeape:* :poliwrath: :pinsir::muk:*
Description:
Purposefully limited distribution. Would be very powerful on mons that have setup (:medicham:) or have mostly normal-type checks. Hopefully this will allow some mons to keep up with powercreep.

Move: Hold Hands
Base Power: N/A
PP: 64
Effect: Hold hands with the target. No competitive use.
Distribution: UNIVERSAL
Description:
Love wins <33333333333

Last edited:
Move: Guillotine / Submission
Type:
/

Effect: 1/4th Recoil
Distribution:
  • Guillotine: :Pinsir: :Kingler: :Krabby::Paras: :Parasect:
  • Submission: Unchanged
Description: Hey, we have Stadium recoil, lets add a few recoil moves to make that relevant.
  • Submission is a move that is way worse in RBY than it should be. An accuracy boost and small power pump is all it needs to become usable. Machamp now gets that elusive OHKO chance against Chancy with an unboosted move, while many other mons get a new way to threaten the big 3, Rhydon and Cloyster.
:Machamp: Submission vs. :Chansey: 639-752 (90.8 - 106.9%) -- 43.6% chance to OHKO (Up from guaranteed 2HKO)
:Machamp: Submission vs. :Snorlax: 306-360 (58.5 - 68.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (still guaranteed 2HKO)
:Machamp: Submission vs. :Snorlax: through Reflect: 154-182 (29.4 - 34.7%) -- 9.8% chance to 3HKO (Up from guaranteed 4HKO)
:Machamp: Submission vs. :Tauros: 241-284 (68.2 - 80.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (Still guaranteed 2HKO)
:Machamp: Submission vs. :Rhydon: 209-246 (50.6 - 59.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (Up from 24.7% 2HKO)
:Machamp: Submission vs. :Cloyster: 154-182 (50.8 - 60%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (Up from 36.6% 2HKO)
:Pinsir: Submission vs. :Chansey: 416-490 (59.1 - 69.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (Still guaranteed 2HKO)
:Pinsir: Submission vs. :Chansey: through Reflect: 209-246 (29.7 - 34.9%) -- 14.4% chance to 3HKO (Up from Guaranteed 4HKO)
:Pinsir: Submission vs. :Tauros: 158-186 (44.7 - 52.6%) -- 22.8% chance to 2HKO (Up from Guaranteed 3HKO)
:Pinsir: Submission vs. :Rhydon: 136-160 (32.9 - 38.7%) -- 99.7% chance to 3HKO (Up from 3.5% 3HKO)
:Pinsir: Submission vs. :Cloyster: 100-118 (33 - 38.9%) -- 99.9% chance to 3HKO (Up from 12.6% 3HKO)
  • Guillotine gives a strong STAB move to Pinsir and Parasect, but also good coverage for Kingler, who now has a chance to OHKO Eggy unboosted. Despite the high power, some Psychics can actually stand up to unboosted Guillotines pretty well with Reflect.
:Pinsir: Guillotine vs. :Exeggutor: 510-600 (129.7 - 152.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
:Pinsir: Guillotine vs. :Slowbro: 216-254 (54.9 - 64.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
:Pinsir: Guillotine vs. :Slowbro: through Reflect: 108-128 (27.4 - 32.5%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
:Pinsir: Guillotine vs. +2 :Alakazam: 180-212 (57.5 - 67.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
:Pinsir: Guillotine vs. :Gengar: 156-184 (48.2 - 56.9%) -- 92.4% chance to 2HKO
:Pinsir: Guillotine vs. :Starmie: 255-300 (78.9 - 92.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
:Pinsir: Guillotine vs. :Starmie: through Reflect: 129-152 (39.9 - 47%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
:Kingler: Guillotine vs. :Exeggutor: 347-408 (88.2 - 103.8%) -- 25.6% chance to OHKO
:Kingler: Guillotine vs. :Slowbro: 148-174 (37.6 - 44.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
:Kingler: Guillotine vs. :Slowbro: through Reflect: 74-88 (18.8 - 22.3%) -- possible 5HKO
:Kingler: Guillotine vs. :Alakazam: through Reflect: 124-146 (39.6 - 46.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+2 :Kingler: Guillotine vs. :Gengar: 214-252 (66.2 - 78%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
:Kingler: Guillotine vs. :Starmie: through Reflect: 88-104 (27.2 - 32.1%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

Move: Ice Shard
Type:

PP: 48
Effect: +1 Priority
Distribution: :Abomasnow: :Articuno: :Lapras::Cloyster:
Description: Never fear Agiliwrap Dnite again!

Move: Haze
Type:

Base Power: n/a
Accuracy: n/a
PP: 48
Effect: Resets all stat changes to zero, removes the effect of Reflect, Light Screen, Mist, and Focus Energy, and Heals all status conditions from user and opponent.
Distribution: Same as tradebacks + :Jynx: :Lapras: :Abomasnow:
Description: Stadium Haze. You can use this to remove para from yourself, or even from an opponent that you would rather sleep or Freeze. Gengar, Jynx, Lapras and Poliwrath all have Sleep Moves.

Move: Extreme Speed
Type:

Effect: +1 Priority
Distribution: :Arcanine::Raichu: :farfetchd:
Description:
These are some mons that don't have enough going for them to carve out a place in UU, but with strong Prio would have a place in a higher tier. Farfetch'd is notable due to having STAB and Swords Dance, meaning that it could actually sweep if Gengar and Rock types are cleared out of its way first, which is hilarious.

Move: Trailblaze
Type:

Base Power: 50
Effect: Sets user's Speed to +1.
Distribution: :Abomasnow: :Snover: :Raichu: :Pikachu:
Description: At +1, Abomasnow is fast enough to outspeed Tauros, but not Persian; Raichu on the other hand outspeeds the entire unboosted tier at +1.
The move sets speed to +1 so that Abomasnow can't snowball too far out of control. It can still be reliably revenge killed by Talonflame, Sneasler, Zam, Aero, and Persian. Raichu still can't really hit Eggy, and is lacking power to bust thru other tanks. But it can mop up against weakened teams that can't outspeed it anymore.
If my understanding of Gen 1 mechanics is correct, the Speed boost would also negate Paralysis speed drop, just like Agility, and would not trigger when hitting a Grass type.

Last edited:
Move: Leech Life
Pow: 60
Effect: Heals user by 50% of damage dealt to the target.
Distribution: :arbok: :golbat: :venomoth: :victreebel: :pinsir: :kabutops: :parasect:
Description: Gives certain bugs a stronger STAB option in addition to longevity, which they lack. Non-Bug-types on this list that are poison-type can use it as a coverage option to hit Psychic-types.

Name: Discharge
Pow: 70
Effect: 30% chance to Paralyze target.
Distribution: :electrode: :raichu: :magneton:
Description: Alternate, slightly weaker STAB option for Electric-types that can be used to fish for paralysis more easily. Probably most influential of Magneton due to its high defense. Notice it was not given to Zappos for balance purposes.

Name: Magnet Rise
Pow: -
Acc: -
Effect: User is healed by 50% of its maximum HP. For the remainder of the turn, the user is unaffected by Ground-type moves.
Distribution: :electrode: :magneton:
Description: Reliable recovery, mainly for Magneton as it is bulkier, while also giving it an edge against slower attackers using ground-type attacks. The second effect should be balanced by Magneton’s low speed and lack of many other meaningful resistances. As you can probably tell, I’m trying to give Magneton better defensive presence.

Last edited:

Ema Skye

Work!
Veto post time. Only a few things this time. Subs are now closed, other than any fixes we suggest.

Move: Roost
Base Power:
Accuracy:
PP:
Effect: User heals 50% of its HP, losing the Flying type if it moved first.
Distribution: :butterfree: :pidgeot: :venomoth: :fearow: :farfetch :scyther: :charizard: :mew: :articuno:
Description: Another buff for Flying Mons, though Articuno is the only relevant one that gets it.
Council is vetoing this as 50% recovery should still be rare in RBY given how impactful it is. Not really a way to fix it.

Move: Raging Fury
Effect: User faints. The Special of opposing Mon is halfed during the damage calculation. User doesn,t faint if a Substitute is broken.
Distribution: :arcanine: :fearow: :primeape: :rapidash: :magmar:
Description: Fire type Explosion. Since unlike Normal, Fire can hit things effectively, the power is lowered. The Mons that get this Move are known for being angry often (except Arcanine, but he is the original user of the move).
Drop BP to 110 and this is fine.

Move: Leech Life
Pow: 80
Effect: Heals user by 50% of damage dealt to the target.
Distribution: :arbok: :golbat: :venomoth: :victreebel: :pinsir: :kabutops: :parasect:
Description: Gives certain bugs a stronger STAB option in addition to longevity, which they lack. Non-Bug-types on this list that are poison-type can use it as a coverage option to hit Psychic-types.
This is technically a superior version of the X-Scissor sub from earlier. We suggest dropping the base power to 60 to give tradeoffs to both subs.

Name: Magnet Rise
Pow: -
Acc: -
Effect: User is healed by 50% of its maximum HP. For the remainder of the turn, the user is unaffected by Ground-type moves.
Distribution: :electrode: :magneton:
Description: Reliable recovery, mainly for Magneton as it is bulkier, while also giving it an edge against slower attackers using ground-type attacks. The second effect should be balanced by Magneton’s low speed and lack of many other meaningful resistances. As you can probably tell, I’m trying to give Magneton better defensive presence.
This is generally too much of an overhaul (and see the above comment about Roost). Not really a way to fix it.

----

Given the simple fixes needed to fix the two subs that can be fixed, we're going to move onto the voting portion and the fixes for Raging Fury and Leech Life will be made by council assuming either sub wins.

There are a whopping 52 subs this slate (assuming I counted right)!! Same ranked ballot as before. Voting will end in about 3 days. You can rearrange the items in the list below to make it easier if you want to vote for them all.

Sub List:
  1. Will-o-Wisp
  2. Bite
  3. Jungle Healing
  4. X-Scissor
  5. Tri-Attack
  6. Air Slash
  7. Wood Hammer
  8. Dragon Breath
  9. Parabolic Charge
  10. Freezing Glare
  11. Snore
  12. Curse
  13. Thunder
  14. Vicegrip/Karate Chop/Poison Tail
  15. Sharpen
  16. Glare
  17. Self-Destruct/Explosion
  18. Skull Bash/Sky Attack/Solarbeam/Razor Wind
  19. Blast Burn/Hydro Cannon/Frenzy Plant
  20. Pin Missile
  21. Belly Drum
  22. Draco Meteor
  23. Freeze-Dry
  24. Lucky Chant
  25. Pounce
  26. Shadow Claw
  27. Acid Spray
  28. Meteor Beam
  29. Low Kick
  30. Smelling Salts
  31. Aqua Jet
  32. Brick Break
  33. Sludge Bomb
  34. Fake Out
  35. Elemental Punches
  36. Leech Seed
  37. OHKO moves
  38. Beak Blast
  39. Rolling Kick
  40. Dire Claw
  41. Raging Fury
  42. Shadow Punch
  43. Power-Up Punch
  44. Focus Punch
  45. Hold Hands
  46. Guillotine/Submission
  47. Ice Shard
  48. Haze
  49. Extreme Speed
  50. Trailblaze
  51. Leech Life
  52. Discharge

Also please welcome BT89 to council!

gastlies

running up that hill
is a Pre-Contributor
1. Curse: YES PLEASE
2. Vicegrip / Karate Chop / Poison Tail: Good and balanced distribution
3. Thunder Punch/Fire Punch/Ice Punch: Giving coverage is really nice
4. Draco Meteor: Give Dragonite the love it deserves
5. Thunder: The buff is cool
6. Power-Up Punch: Distribution seems really balanced, I'm a fan
7. Freeze-Dry: BUFF CLOYSTER
8. Pin Missile: We want bug
9. X-Scissor: We want bug
10. Brick Break: We want fighting
11. Sludge Bomb: A good poison STAB move is always great
12. Beak Blast: dodrio my beloved
13. Air Slash: Flying STAB but worse
14. Extreme Speed: FAST FAST FARFETCH'D
15. Will-o-Wisp: Spreading burn reliably is cool
16. Rolling Kick: No real reason it just fit nice around here
17. Dragon Breath: Cool way to para
18. Smelling Salts: Fun concept
19. Haze: Also cool
20. Focus Punch: Machamp attacking something that switches in with a 150 base power move coming off 130 attack is incredible
21. Self-Destruct/Explosion: The buffs are nice
22. Trailblaze: This just... feels right in the middle
23. Discharge: See above
24. Guillotine / Submission: I prefer the other bug/fighting moves
25. Belly Drum: Tough to fit but fun
26. Jungle Healing: Not the biggest fan of status curing outside of rest, but this is done in a cool way
27. Leech Life: Bug has better options
28. Parabolic Charge: Thunderbolt is probably better
29. Blast Burn / Hydro Cannon / Frenzy Plant: Starters already have 110/120 base power moves anyway
30. Pounce: I prefer the other bug moves
31. Glare: Not a bad option, would just prefer others
32. Fake Out: See above
33. Skull Bash / Sky Attack / Solarbeam / Razor Wind: See above
34. Meteor Beam: See above
35. Ice Shard: Fuck Dragonite
36. Leech Seed: Damage wasn't the problem with this move imo
37. Aqua Jet: Not sure when this will be used except to counter partial trapping. Ice shard is better
38. Shadow Claw: Not a fan of ghost moves since everything is immune
39. Snore: Worried about snorlax using this
40. Dire Claw: I don't want to buff sneasler
41. Acid Spray: just switch out lmao
42.Lucky Chant: Don't see a reason to run this really
43. Sharpen: Onix with this is scary
44. Wood Hammer: Most things would just rather use razor leaf
45. Tri-Attack: Could potentially be RNG hell
46. Bite: Meh option
47. Low Kick: paraflinch is fun, please keep paraflinch
48. Shadow Punch: This is useless
49. Hold Hands: lol

Ema Skye

Work!
lol
1. Hold Hands - i kept my promise lol

Amazing. These add some unique effects, take advantage of our mechanic changes or otherwise interact with the tier in some interesting ways that I would be very interested in playing with.
2. Focus Punch - I love the interactions this has with counter and I like that Fighting STAB continues to be inconsistent
3. Guillotine/Submission - Good buffs. Best bug move this slate.
4. Curse - YESSS
5. Belly Drum - Sounds really good in theory
5. Skull Bash/Sky Attack/Solarbeam/Razor Wind - Sky Attack buff sounds really good on Aerodactyl and Gyarados gets real flying STAB
7. Extreme Speed - dux sweep dux sweep
8. Beak Blast - cool STAB option with a rare effect
9. Brick Break - I hate reflect
10. Power-Up Punch - very interesting mechanically
11. Thunder - good buff and makes it a real option
12. Jungle Healing - I think this could be a really neat option

Cool. Not as exciting as the above but I think there's some potential here.
13. Dragon Breath - Dragon STAB scares me but this is weak enough that it's likely fine
14. Vicegrip/Karate Chop/Poison Tail - three types that need a strong move all in one vote
15. Snore - not sure how relevant this is with our sleep mechanics but I'm open to giving it a shot
16. Meteor Beam - this is cool for mixed breakers but I'm not sure how realistic it would be used
17. Aqua Jet - seems fun
18. Self-Destruct/Explosion - primeape is mad and goes boom and i think that's funny
19. Rolling Kick - this is one of my favourite moves in vanilla so I'm here for it
20. Sludge Bomb - most poison subs are kinda boring but this works
21. Sharpen - sounds cool

Indifferent Tier (from here out I really just prefer the other options)
22. Blast Burn/Hydro Cannon/Frenzy Plant
23. Bite
24. Will-o-Wisp
25. Leech Life
26. Draco Meteor
27. Pin Missile
28. Acid Spray
29. Glare
30. Smelling Salts
31. Ice Shard
32. Parabolic Charge
33. Trailblaze
34. Haze
35. Air Slash
36. Elemental Punches
37. Discharge
38. Tri Attack

Not Interested:
39. Low Kick - I like it more as is
40. Wood Hammer - I think Razor Leaf is just better
41. Pounce
42. Freeze-Dry
43. Lucky Chant
44. Leech Seed
45. Fake Out
46. Raging Fury
47. OHKO moves
48. Dire Claw - I am so scared of Sneasler as is lol
49. X-Scissor

Ghost Move Tier - None of these will be useful
50. Shadow Claw
51. Shadow Punch
52. Freezing Glare

Last edited:
"OMG this is is cool, I want it" tier
1. Blast Burn / Hydro Cannon / Frenzy Plant
2. dragon breath
3. Bite
4. will-o-wisp
5. vicegrip/karate chop/poison tail
6. draco meteor
7. beak blast
8. smelling salts
9. pounce
10. glare
11. sharpen
12. tri attack
13. dire claw
14. focus punch
15. raging fury
16. power-up punch
17. guillotine/submission
18. parabolic charge
19. freezing glare

"Ok, I guess/I don't want to play gsc" tier
20. rolling kick
21. shadow punch
22. curse
23. freeze-dry
24. self-destruct/explosion
25. shadow claw
26. skull Bash / Sky Attack / Solarbeam / Razor Wind
27. meteor beam
28. acid spray
29. belly drum
30. pin missile
31. extreme speed
32. Jungle healing
33. discharge
34. lucky chant
35. thunder
36. Thunder Punch/Fire Punch/Ice Punch
37. snore
38. x-scissor
39. sludge bomb
40. wood hammer
41. haze
42. leech seed

1. Vicegrip/Karate Chop/Poison Tail
  2. Focus Punch
  3. Jungle Healing
  4. Will-o-Wisp
  5. Extreme Speed
  6. Guillotine/Submission
  7. Glare
  8. Snore
  9. Smelling Salts
  10. Beak Blast
  11. Sharpen
  12. Power-Up Punch
  13. Blast Burn/Hydro Cannon/Frenzy Plant
  14. Skull Bash/Sky Attack/Solarbeam/Razor Wind
  15. Meteor Beam
  16. Curse
  17. Ice Shard
  18. Trailblaze
  19. Bite
  20. Sludge Bomb
  21. Pin Missile
  22. Self-Destruct/Explosion
  23. Thunder
  24. Draco Meteor
  25. Pounce
  26. Brick Break
  27. Tri-Attack
  28. Lucky Chant
  29. Air Slash
  30. Wood Hammer
  31. X-Scissor
  32. Dragon Breath
  33. Parabolic Charge
  34. Acid Spray
  35. Elemental Punches
  36. Leech Seed
  37. OHKO moves
  38. Rolling Kick
  39. Raging Fury
  40. Aqua Jet
  41. Leech Life
  42. Discharge
  43. Hold Hands
  44. Belly Drum
  45. Haze
  46. Fake Out
  47. Freeze-Dry
  48. Dire Claw
  49. Shadow Claw
  50. Freezing Glare
  51. Shadow Punch
  52. Low Kick

Last edited:
"The Ones I actually Want" Tier
1. X-Scissor- We appreciate bug stab.
2. Karate Chop, Vice Grip, And Poison Tail- Y E S
3. Draco Meteor- Actual Dragon Stab in RBY? Sure. Why not?
4. Sludge Bomb- My own sub. I was fully expecting people to go gaga over this move since it's a proper poison stab. I guess not. :/
5. Extreme Speed- I like it.
6. Tri Attack- Why wasn't it like this in gen 1?
7. Frenzy Plant, Blast Burn, and Hydro Cannon- Everyone now has their self confidence boosted because they get to use their starter in competitive! :D
8. Fake Out- I'm biased because this is my own sub, but I wouldn't mind it getting in.
9. Thunder- Thank you.
10. Self-Destruct and Explosion- This is horrifying and I love it.
11. Belly Drum- Not as excited for this as other people, but it's fine.
12. Jungle Healing-This move is not as crackhead as Draco Meteor, but it's definitely up there.
13. Sharpen- I like it.
14. Curse- A Little nervous about this sub, but I had to jump on the bandwagon.
15. Elemental Punches- This is my own sub, so I'm very biased.

ItzaDelta

formerly I-Deepblue-I
Time for the funny votes!

1. Hold Hands :tandemaus: Love Always Wins
2. Blast Burn/Hydro Cannon/Frenzy Plant :Charizard: :Blastoise: :Venusaur:
3. Sludge Bomb :muk:
4. Will-o-Wisp :gastly:
5. Draco Meteor :dragonite:
6. Focus Punch :machamp:
7. Belly Drum :snorlax:
8. Freeze Dry :lapras:
9. Ice Shard :cloyster:
10. Trailblaze:abomasnow:
11. Snore :persian:
12. Pounce :pinsir:
13. Fake Out
14. Aqua Jet :seadra:
15. Raging Fury :arcanine:
16. Elemental Punches :electabuzz: :magmar: :jynx:
17. Extreme Speed :Farfetch
18. Power-Up Punch :hitmonchan:
19. Sharpen :porygon:
20. Curse :snorlax:
21. Acid Spray :victreebel:
22. Haze
23. Submission/Guillotine
24. Brick Break
25. Skull Bash/Razor Wind/Solar Beam/Sky Attack
26. Bite
27. Glare
28. Smelling Salts
29. Beak Blast
30. Jungle Healing
31. X-Scissor
32. Pin Missile
33. Lucky Chant
34. Air Slash
35. Parabolic Charge
36. Wood Hammer
37. Tri Attack
38. Dragon Breath
39. Rolling Kick
40. Discharge
41. Leech Life
42. Meteor Beam

1: Hold Hands | peak move
2: Self Destruct / Explosion | boom
3: Blast Burn and related | finally a gen these moves can be good in
4: Extreme Speed | I am speed.
5: Smelling Salts | Jesse we need to cook [insert breaking bad lore]

Teh

the saint
is a Pre-Contributor
1. Blast Burn, etc.
2. Hold Hands
3. Focus Punch
4. Power-up Punch
5. Draco Meteor
6. Extreme Speed
7. Trailblaze
8. Sludge Bomb
9. Snore
10. Jungle Healing
11. Leech Life
12. Rolling Kick
13. Beak Blast
14. Guillotine/Submission

1. Smelling Salts
2. Snore
3. Lucky Chant
4. Aqua Jet
5. Parabolic Charge
6. Draco Meteor
7. Freezing Glare
8. Tri Attack
9. Blast Burn/Hydro Cannon/Frenzy Plant
10. Jungle Healing
11. Ice Shard
12. Trailblaze
13. Focus Punch
14. Extreme Speed
15. Will-o-Wisp
16. Pounce
17. Meteor Beam
18. Dragon Breath
19. Thunder
20. Sludge Bomb
21. Beak Blast
22. Air Slash
23. Wood Hammer
24. Shadow Claw
25. Shadow Punch
26. Discharge
27. Leech Seed
28. Haze
29. Fake Out
30. Belly Drum
31. Curse
32. Raging Fury
33. Freeze-Dry
34. Acid Spray
35. Skull Bash/Sky Attack/Solarbeam/Razor Wind
36. Hold Hands
37. Self-Destruct/Explosion
38. Elemental Punches
39. Rolling Kick
40. Pin Missile
41. Power-Up Punch
42. Sharpen
43. Guillotine/Submission
44. Low Kick
45. Dire Claw
46. Bite
47. OHKO moves
48. Glare
49. Vicegrip/Karate Chop/Poison Tail
50. Leech Life
51. X-Scissor

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)