1v1 Garchomp

Itchy

take all my data, what will you find?
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
I'd go chomper here

:bw/garchomp:
Garchomp @ Life Orb
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 192 HP / 60 Atk / 76 Def / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Scale Shot
- Poison Jab

Garchomp stands on solid ground in 1v1. Its natural bulk, good Speed, and high Attack are all hard to pass up; even after significant bulk investment for Zeraora and Magnezone, it outspeeds Gardevoir and Togekiss with plenty of Attack to spare. Scale Shot allows Garchomp to get the jump on Entei and Spectrier, Swords Dance breaks through walls like Galarian Corsola, Registeel, and Will-O-Wisp Spectrier, and Poison Jab takes down some Fairy-types like Tapu Bulu, Aromatisse, and Gardevoir. Garchomp is pretty weak to stronger Fairy-types like Azumarill, Primarina, and Sylveon, but this can be made up for with teammates like Metagross, Volcanion, and Magnezone. Garchomp is also a good partner for various other Pokemon that struggle with Zeraora or Fire-types, like Togekiss, Corviknight, Celesteela, and Tapu Bulu.

Last edited:

PA

Purgatory.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
quick feedback
- chomp is quite sus against scarf kiss in particular since it really only needs one flinch to effectively win the mu so I’d probably remove that as an example.
- while I am typically not so fused on evs here I believe the hp benchmark to be quite relevant to talk about as most readers would assume that garchomp easily beats zone when it can lose to specs without the suggested spread.
- id reword the swords dance description as wisp spectrier isn’t necessarily stalling anything for the most part anyways it’s just using the Pokémon to set up. maybe say it turns it into a wall breaker and add registeel to the list as without sd it would lose to counter variants.
Good Job.
24ADD1B2-9AB1-4BBA-AD3A-C6ADF581AE03.gif

UT

Roaring 20s, tossing pennies in the pool
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Appeals + C&C Lead
add remove conjecture
Garchomp @ Life Orb
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 192 HP / 60 Atk / 76 Def / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Scale Shot
- Poison Jab

Garchomp stands on solid ground in 1v1. Its natural bulk, good Speed, and high Attack are all hard to pass up make it a solid pick or something to that effect; "pass up" is weird here; even after significant bulk investment for Zeraora and Magnezone, it outspeeds Gardevoir and Togekiss. Scale Shot allows Garchomp to get the jump on Entei and Spectrier, Swords Dance breaks through walls like Galarian Corsola, Registeel, and Will-O-Wisp Spectrier, and Poison Jab takes down some Fairy-types like Tapu Bulu, Aromatisse, and Gardevoir. Garchomp is pretty weak to stronger Fairy-types like Azumarill, Primarina, and Sylveon, but this can be made up for with teammates like Metagross, Volcanion, and Magnezone discourage opponents from picking them or whatever the correct 1v1 verbage is. Garchomp is also a good partner for various other Pokemon that struggle with Zeraora or Fire-types, like Togekiss, Corviknight, Celesteela and Tapu Bulu.

GP 1/1!

GP Team done

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)