OU Galarian Zapdos

Status
Not open for further replies.

dex

Give my perception as a handle of weapon
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Galarian Zapdos is an extremely powerful wallbreaker in OU, capable of taking the top off of most teams with its powerful STAB move combination of Brave Bird and Close Combat. Due to Defiant, Galarian Zapdos possesses the unique trait of threatening both Landorus-T and Corviknight's Defog with an Attack boost, which can nearly guarantee a KO. With even a +1 boost from Defiant, Galarian Zapdos threatens a KO on Corviknight with Close Combat, and with a +2 boost, Toxapex is OHKOed with Brave Bird. Furthermore, its access to U-turn allows Galarian Zapdos to act as a strong pivot, as it forces many defensive Pokemon out such as Ferrothorn and Heatran along with slower offensive threats like Tapu Lele and Urshifu-R. U-turn also is a strong midground play against Slowbro, which is a common switch-in to Galarian Zapdos on Regenerator team structures. However, its powerful Brave Bird comes with the drawback of recoil damage, which, when compounded with passive damage caused by Rocky Helmet, Iron Barbs, or Stealth Rock, can greatly limit its staying power. On the other hand, locking into Close Combat also comes at a cost, as it gives Fighting-type answers like Dragapult and Tapu Lele a free switch-in.

[SET]
name: Choice Band
move 1: Brave Bird
move 2: Close Combat
move 3: Thunderous Kick / Stomping Tantrum
move 4: U-turn
item: Choice Band
ability: Defiant
nature: Jolly
evs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Choice Band allows Galarian Zapdos to break through defensively oriented teams with its nearly unresisted STAB move combination of Brave Bird and Close Combat. Thunderous Kick is a middle ground option for breaking through Corviknight even as it heals that does not come with Close Combat's drawback of lowering Galarian Zapdos's defenses. Stomping Tantrum is another option that acts as a way of pressuring bulky Poison-types like Toxapex and Galarian Slowking without Brave Bird recoil while also hitting Tapu Koko on the switch and Aegislash super effectively. Drill Peck is another option for the third moveslot that gives Galarian Zapdos more staying power than using Brave Bird constantly and is good for picking off weakened enemies. U-turn is helpful for generating momentum against healthy Regenerator cores and scouting if locking into Brave Bird or Close Combat is not desirable.

Galarian Zapdos fits best on offensively oriented teams due to its incredible breaking power and ability to build momentum. Pivots like Dragapult and Tapu Fini help Galarian Zapdos get on the field safely while chipping away at foes health to allow Galarian Zapdos to more easily wallbreak. Tornadus-T, particularly Assault Vest variants, is an excellent pivot that pairs well with Galarian Zapdos, as it is able to both spam Knock Off and eat most hits that would otherwise KO Galarian Zapdos. Entry hazard support helps Galarian Zapdos secure easier KOes against bulkier foes and bait the opponent into activating Defiant with Defog, so teammates such as Spikes Ferrothorn and Stealth Rock Landorus-T are good choices. Ferrothorn can more easily chip away at foes with Knock Off and Leech Seed, while Landorus-T can come in on Electric-types like Tapu Koko and Zeraora that threaten Galarian Zapdos. Landorus-T can also utilize Toxic to wear down some of Galarian Zapdos's checks like Zapdos and Slowbro. Pairing Galarian Zapdos with another physical wallbreaker like Weavile or Melmetal is suggested, as together they can break through each other's checks. Both Weavile and Melmetal appreciate Galarian Zapdos's ability to deter Defog due to Defiant and blast through defensive walls like Ferrothorn and Toxapex with Brave Bird, while Galarian Zapdos appreciates Weavile removing Toxapex and Clefable's items with Knock Off and Melmetal's ability to both switch into Fairy-type attacks and spread status to bulky Flying-types like Corviknight and Zapdos. Electric-types like Tapu Koko, Magnezone, and Zeraora are excellent choices as teammates as they can bait in Landorus-T, activating Defiant on a double switch. Tapu Koko particularly appreciates Galarian Zapdos beating Ferrothorn, Landorus-T, and Galarian Slowking, while Magnezone comes with the added benefit of trapping Corviknight and Skarmory with Magnet Pull, allowing Galarian Zapdos to more freely use Brave Bird. Future Sight users like Slowbro and Galarian Slowking allow Galarian Zapdos to more easily break through physical walls like Toxapex and Corviknight. Slowbro deserves special mention for its ability to safely pivot Galarian Zapdos in with Teleport against Ferrothorn and Rillaboom.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[dex, 277988]]
- Quality checked by: [[ausma, 360720], [Clone, 218318]
- Grammar checked by: [[Estronic, 240732]

Last edited:

ironwater

⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Hey there, I read this analysis and wrote my thoughs and comments. As I'm not a QC member, this is an AM check so feel free to implement whatever you want/agree with.

My comments are in blue

Galarian Zapdos is an extremely powerful wallbreaker in the OU tier, capable of taking the top off of most teams with its powerful STAB combination of Brave Bird and Close Combat. Due to Defiant, Galarian Zapdos possesses the unique trait of threatening both Landorus-T and Corviknight with an Attack boost I would specify that it’s Corviknight using Defog because you still need to come in on Corviknight clicking Defog to threaten it, while Lando automatically gives you an Attack boost simply by switching in, which essentially guarantees a KO. Furthermore, its access to U-turn allows Galarian Zapdos to act as a strong pivot, as it forces many defensive Pokemon out such as Ferrothorn and Heatran along with slower offensive threats like Tapu Lele and Urshifu-R. However, its powerful Brave Bird comes with the drawback of causing Galarian Zapdos to be quite frail due to Brave Bird's recoil and chip damage from Rocky Helmet and other contact effects. This makes preserving HP on Galarian Zapdos a priority while using it. Locking into Close Combat also comes at a cost, as it gives Dragapult and Tapu Lele free switch-in opportunities. That being said, its impressive breaking potential makes Galarian Zapdos a very effective choice for offensively leaning teams.

[SET]
move 3: Thundurus Kick / Stomping Tantrum
I don’t know if you are allowed change the set, but I would mention Drill Peck as an option too, as it is even more commonly used than Stomping Tantrum.

[SET COMMENTS]
Choice Band allows Galarian Zapdos to break through defensively oriented teams with its nearly unresisted STAB combination of Brave Bird and Close Combat. Locking into either move comes with their own drawbacks; however: Brave Bird incurs a notable amount of recoil while Close Combat opens the door for Dragapult and Tapu Lele to come in freely. Thundurus Kick is a middle ground option for breaking through Corviknight that does not come with Close Combat's disadvantage of lowering Galarian Zapdos's defenses. Stomping Tantrum is another option that acts as a way of dealing with bulky Poison-types like Toxapex and Galarian Slowking without having to take Brave Bird recoil. I think you also need to mention Tapu Koko here, because in my opinion it is the main target of Stomping Tantrum as you have a high chance to OHKO while Close Combat and Brave Bird only do between 50% and 60% and it can Roost off the damage rather easily. Aegislash could be another Stomping Tantrum target, but not sure that it is worth mentionning since it has low usage in OU. U-turn is helpful for generating momentum and scouting if locking into Brave Bird or Close Combat is not desirable. Galarian Zapdos's ability, Defiant, allows it to come in on a predicted Defog from Corviknight or Landorus-T and hard punish the opponent with a boosted attack. Corviknight and Landorus-T are indeed the main Defoggers to mention because they can’t really touch Zapdos-G (except the very rare Brave Bird Corviknight) and thus it’s not a very risky play to come in against them when you think they will Defog. I would also mention that you can use Defiant to punish a switch into Landorus-T because Landorus-T is easy to force in with Electric types like Koko, Zeraora or even Regieleki. Also if you add Drill Peck in the set, you can mention it as another way to hit non-Flying resistant Pokemon without taking Brave Bird recoil.

Galarian Zapdos fits best on offensively oriented teams due to its breaking power, status as an offensive pivot, and frailty. Other offensive pivots like Dragapult and Magnezone can form dangerous pivot cores with Galarian Zapdos, forcing damage onto foes while keeping momentum. Magnezone comes with the added bonus of trapping Steel-types like Corviknight, Skarmory, and Ferrothorn with Magnet Pull, allowing Galarian Zapdos to more freely use Brave Bird. Entry hazard support helps Galarian Zapdos ensure KOes against bulkier foes and bait the opponent into activating Defiant with Defog, so teammates such as Ferrothorn and Landorus-T are good choices. Ferrothorn can more easily chip away at opponents with Knock Off and Leech Seed, while Landorus-T can come in on Electric-types like Tapu Koko and Zeraora that threaten Galarian Zapdos. Pairing Galarian Zapdos with another physical wallbreaker like Weavile or Melmetal is suggested, as together they can break through each others' checks. Both Weavile and Melmetal appreciate Galarian Zapdos's ability to deter Defog due to Defiant, while Galarian Zapdos appreciates Weavile removing Toxapex and Clefable's items with Knock Off and Melmetal's ability to both switch into Fairy-type attacks and spread status to bulky Flying-types like Corviknight and Zapdos. I would also mention Electric types who force Landorus-T to come in as great partners, because Landorus-T is often the only Electric immunity in a team and by double switching back into Galarian Zapdos you can get to +1 and basically claim a kill against whatever comes in. Future Sight users like Slowbro and Galarian Slowking (or Slowking or even Tapu Lele) may also be worth mentionning because Future Sight + Galarian Zapdos is almost a guarantee kill. Furthermore, Slowbro is in my opinion a very solid partner because of Teleport which is a safe way to give to Galarian Zapdos free wallbreaking opportunities, even when you don't need Future Sight's support to break.

[CREDITS]
- Quality checked by: [[,], [,], [,]
- Grammar checked by: [[username1, userid1], [username2, userid2]]

dex

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Hey there, I read this analysis and wrote my thoughs and comments. As I'm not a QC member, this is an AM check so feel free to implement whatever you want/agree with.

My comments are in blue

Galarian Zapdos is an extremely powerful wallbreaker in the OU tier, capable of taking the top off of most teams with its powerful STAB combination of Brave Bird and Close Combat. Due to Defiant, Galarian Zapdos possesses the unique trait of threatening both Landorus-T and Corviknight with an Attack boost I would specify that it’s Corviknight using Defog because you still need to come in on Corviknight clicking Defog to threaten it, while Lando automatically gives you an Attack boost simply by switching in, which essentially guarantees a KO. Furthermore, its access to U-turn allows Galarian Zapdos to act as a strong pivot, as it forces many defensive Pokemon out such as Ferrothorn and Heatran along with slower offensive threats like Tapu Lele and Urshifu-R. However, its powerful Brave Bird comes with the drawback of causing Galarian Zapdos to be quite frail due to Brave Bird's recoil and chip damage from Rocky Helmet and other contact effects. This makes preserving HP on Galarian Zapdos a priority while using it. Locking into Close Combat also comes at a cost, as it gives Dragapult and Tapu Lele free switch-in opportunities. That being said, its impressive breaking potential makes Galarian Zapdos a very effective choice for offensively leaning teams.

[SET]
I don’t know if you are allowed change the set, but I would mention Drill Peck as an option too, as it is even more commonly used than Stomping Tantrum.

[SET COMMENTS]
Choice Band allows Galarian Zapdos to break through defensively oriented teams with its nearly unresisted STAB combination of Brave Bird and Close Combat. Locking into either move comes with their own drawbacks; however: Brave Bird incurs a notable amount of recoil while Close Combat opens the door for Dragapult and Tapu Lele to come in freely. Thundurus Kick is a middle ground option for breaking through Corviknight that does not come with Close Combat's disadvantage of lowering Galarian Zapdos's defenses. Stomping Tantrum is another option that acts as a way of dealing with bulky Poison-types like Toxapex and Galarian Slowking without having to take Brave Bird recoil. I think you also need to mention Tapu Koko here, because in my opinion it is the main target of Stomping Tantrum as you have a high chance to OHKO while Close Combat and Brave Bird only do between 50% and 60% and it can Roost off the damage rather easily. Aegislash could be another Stomping Tantrum target, but not sure that it is worth mentionning since it has low usage in OU. U-turn is helpful for generating momentum and scouting if locking into Brave Bird or Close Combat is not desirable. Galarian Zapdos's ability, Defiant, allows it to come in on a predicted Defog from Corviknight or Landorus-T and hard punish the opponent with a boosted attack. Corviknight and Landorus-T are indeed the main Defoggers to mention because they can’t really touch Zapdos-G (except the very rare Brave Bird Corviknight) and thus it’s not a very risky play to come in against them when you think they will Defog. I would also mention that you can use Defiant to punish a switch into Landorus-T because Landorus-T is easy to force in with Electric types like Koko, Zeraora or even Regieleki. Also if you add Drill Peck in the set, you can mention it as another way to hit non-Flying resistant Pokemon without taking Brave Bird recoil.

Galarian Zapdos fits best on offensively oriented teams due to its breaking power, status as an offensive pivot, and frailty. Other offensive pivots like Dragapult and Magnezone can form dangerous pivot cores with Galarian Zapdos, forcing damage onto foes while keeping momentum. Magnezone comes with the added bonus of trapping Steel-types like Corviknight, Skarmory, and Ferrothorn with Magnet Pull, allowing Galarian Zapdos to more freely use Brave Bird. Entry hazard support helps Galarian Zapdos ensure KOes against bulkier foes and bait the opponent into activating Defiant with Defog, so teammates such as Ferrothorn and Landorus-T are good choices. Ferrothorn can more easily chip away at opponents with Knock Off and Leech Seed, while Landorus-T can come in on Electric-types like Tapu Koko and Zeraora that threaten Galarian Zapdos. Pairing Galarian Zapdos with another physical wallbreaker like Weavile or Melmetal is suggested, as together they can break through each others' checks. Both Weavile and Melmetal appreciate Galarian Zapdos's ability to deter Defog due to Defiant, while Galarian Zapdos appreciates Weavile removing Toxapex and Clefable's items with Knock Off and Melmetal's ability to both switch into Fairy-type attacks and spread status to bulky Flying-types like Corviknight and Zapdos. I would also mention Electric types who force Landorus-T to come in as great partners, because Landorus-T is often the only Electric immunity in a team and by double switching back into Galarian Zapdos you can get to +1 and basically claim a kill against whatever comes in. Future Sight users like Slowbro and Galarian Slowking (or Slowking or even Tapu Lele) may also be worth mentionning because Future Sight + Galarian Zapdos is almost a guarantee kill. Furthermore, Slowbro is in my opinion a very solid partner because of Teleport which is a safe way to give to Galarian Zapdos free wallbreaking opportunities, even when you don't need Future Sight's support to break.

[CREDITS]
Implemented most of this. I did not change the intro cause I go on to explain the Defog/Intimidate difference in the set and I think it's fine as is for an intro. I did not mention Drill Peck cause I also do not know if I am allowed to change the set, otherwise I would definitely mention it.

ausma

token smogon furry
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Forum Leader
bird up
aebf8b63319852ca8e10082616c95997.png

comments in orange
additions/changes in purple
removals will be striked

Galarian Zapdos is an extremely powerful wallbreaker in the OU tier, capable of taking the top off of most teams with its powerful STAB combination of Brave Bird and Close Combat. Due to Defiant, Galarian Zapdos possesses the unique trait of threatening both Landorus-T and Corviknight's Defog with an Attack boost, which can nearly essentially guarantees a KO. Its Brave Bird is comically spammable and is a gigantic feature of its wallbreaking prowess, letting it pry common Close Combat resists open near effortlessly especially with Defiant. You could probably use this as an opportunity to talk about some Pokemon that might not seem like they'd care about a +1/+2 Brave Bird, but get completely put down by it; such as Corviknight! Furthermore, its access to U-turn allows Galarian Zapdos to act as a strong offensive pivot, as it forces many defensive Pokemon out such as Ferrothorn and Heatran along with slower offensive threats like Tapu Lele and Urshifu-R. I'd talk about how it also being super effective against Slowbro lets it midground against Slowbro structures and position around more rigid Regenerator structures. However, its powerful Brave Bird comes with the drawback of causing Galarian Zapdos to be quite frail due to Brave Bird's recoil and chip damage from Rocky Helmet and other contact effects. I get what you were going for here but the word frail is very misleading, especially since its defensive typing gives it very pinch defensive applications against things like Corviknight and Landorus-T. I'd moreso emphasize how its proneness to residual damage either by Brave Bird or the things you brought up greatly limit its staying power and wallbreaking opportunities. This makes preserving HP on Galarian Zapdos a priority while using it. You imply this On the other hand, locking into Close Combat also comes at a cost, as it gives Fighting-type answers like Dragapult and Tapu Lele free switch-in opportunities. That being said, its impressive breaking potential makes Galarian Zapdos a very effective choice for offensively leaning teams.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Choice Band allows Galarian Zapdos to break through defensively oriented teams with its nearly unresisted STAB combination of Brave Bird and Close Combat. Locking into either move comes with their own drawbacks; however: Brave Bird incurs a notable amount of recoil while Close Combat opens the door for Dragapult and Tapu Lele to come in freely. You talk about this in the overview, no need for this Thunderous Kick is a middle ground option for breaking through Corviknight even as it heals that does not come with Close Combat's drawback disadvantage of lowering Galarian Zapdos's defenses. Stomping Tantrum is another option that acts as a way of dealing with pressuring bulky Poison-types like Toxapex and Galarian Slowking without having to take Brave Bird recoil while also hitting Tapu Koko on the switch and Aegislash super effectively. U-turn is helpful for generating momentum against healthy Regenerator cores and scouting if locking into Brave Bird or Close Combat is not desirable. Galarian Zapdos's ability, Defiant, allows it come in on a predicted Defog from Corviknight or Landorus-T and hard punish the opponent with a boosted attack, making its Brave Bird far more spammabl. Defiant further punishes Landorus-T by preventing it from switching in due to Intimidate activating Defiant, making Galarian Zapdos a rare physical attacker that is not effected by Intimidate. Overview stuff

Galarian Zapdos fits best on offensively oriented teams due to its incredible breaking power and ability to build momentum. , status as an offensive pivot, and frailty. Other offensive pivots like Dragapult and Magnezone can form dangerous pivot cores with Galarian Zapdos, forcing damage onto foes while keeping momentum. Remember that you shouldn't overemphasize U-turn on GZap here, considering when it comes in it's going to just want to click its STABs. U-turn is only really a commodity against fatter structures that can't be as effectively chunked by Brave Bird. Magnezone is also a really odd main mention as an offensive pivot considering Volt Switch is only really run on the rarer Specs variants. I feel like you'd want to mention a different pivot or two, and then talk about some targets that these Pokemon can allow GZap to exploit on the switch. Magnezone comes with the added bonus of trapping Steel-types like Corviknight, Skarmory, and Ferrothorn with Magnet Pull, allowing Galarian Zapdos to more freely use Brave Bird. Again like, I don't really think Magnezone is a particularly great pick with GZap, but if you want it I would put it near the end since it's not a particularly high priority partner, and I would also talk about GZap's ability to use its terrifying breaking power to force them in and then U-turn into Magnezone for the secure KO. Entry hazard support helps Galarian Zapdos secure easier ensure KOes against bulkier foes like what and bait the opponent into activating Defiant with Defog, so teammates such as Ferrothorn and Landorus-T are good choices. Ferrothorn can more easily chip away at opponents with Knock Off and Leech Seed, while Landorus-T can come in on Electric-types like Tapu Koko and Zeraora that threaten Galarian Zapdos. Lando's access to Toxic is very good against Slowbro which can let GZap overwhelm it a lot more feasibly esp with the hazard support Pairing Galarian Zapdos with another physical wallbreaker like Weavile or Melmetal is suggested, as together they can break through each others' checks. Both Weavile and Melmetal appreciate Galarian Zapdos's ability to deter Defog due to Defiant, while Galarian Zapdos appreciates Weavile removing Toxapex and Clefable's items with Knock Off and Melmetal's ability to both switch into Fairy-type attacks and spread status to bulky Flying-types like Corviknight and Zapdos. Talk about Pokemon that GZap naturally blasts with Brave Bird that get crucially chipped. Helps Weav a lot in particular Electric-types like Tapu Koko and Zeraora are excellent choices as teammates as they can bait in Landorus-T, activating Defiant on a double switch. These two also greatly appreciate the breaking support considering that they're mostly end-game demons. Future Sight users like Slowbro and Galarian Slowking allow Galarian Zapdos to more easily break through physical walls like Toxapex and Corviknight. Slowbro deserves special mention for its ability to safely pivot Galarian Zapdos in with Teleport. Against what

[CREDITS]

feedback for ironwater in orange
My comments are in blue

Galarian Zapdos is an extremely powerful wallbreaker in the OU tier, capable of taking the top off of most teams with its powerful STAB combination of Brave Bird and Close Combat. Due to Defiant, Galarian Zapdos possesses the unique trait of threatening both Landorus-T and Corviknight with an Attack boost I would specify that it’s Corviknight using Defog because you still need to come in on Corviknight clicking Defog to threaten it, while Lando automatically gives you an Attack boost simply by switching in, yeswhich essentially guarantees a KO. Furthermore, its access to U-turn allows Galarian Zapdos to act as a strong pivot, as it forces many defensive Pokemon out such as Ferrothorn and Heatran along with slower offensive threats like Tapu Lele and Urshifu-R. However, its powerful Brave Bird comes with the drawback of causing Galarian Zapdos to be quite frail due to Brave Bird's recoil and chip damage from Rocky Helmet and other contact effects. This makes preserving HP on Galarian Zapdos a priority while using it. Locking into Close Combat also comes at a cost, as it gives Dragapult and Tapu Lele free switch-in opportunities. That being said, its impressive breaking potential makes Galarian Zapdos a very effective choice for offensively leaning teams.

[SET]
I don’t know if you are allowed change the set, but I would mention Drill Peck as an option too, as it is even more commonly used than Stomping Tantrum. That's fine in set details.

[SET COMMENTS]
Choice Band allows Galarian Zapdos to break through defensively oriented teams with its nearly unresisted STAB combination of Brave Bird and Close Combat. Locking into either move comes with their own drawbacks; however: Brave Bird incurs a notable amount of recoil while Close Combat opens the door for Dragapult and Tapu Lele to come in freely. Thundurus Kick is a middle ground option for breaking through Corviknight that does not come with Close Combat's disadvantage of lowering Galarian Zapdos's defenses. Stomping Tantrum is another option that acts as a way of dealing with bulky Poison-types like Toxapex and Galarian Slowking without having to take Brave Bird recoil. I think you also need to mention Tapu Koko here, because in my opinion it is the main target of Stomping Tantrum as you have a high chance to OHKO while Close Combat and Brave Bird only do between 50% and 60% and it can Roost off the damage rather easily. Aegislash could be another Stomping Tantrum target, but not sure that it is worth mentionning since it has low usage in OU. ye U-turn is helpful for generating momentum and scouting if locking into Brave Bird or Close Combat is not desirable. Galarian Zapdos's ability, Defiant, allows it to come in on a predicted Defog from Corviknight or Landorus-T and hard punish the opponent with a boosted attack. Corviknight and Landorus-T are indeed the main Defoggers to mention because they can’t really touch Zapdos-G (except the very rare Brave Bird Corviknight) and thus it’s not a very risky play to come in against them when you think they will Defog. I would also mention that you can use Defiant to punish a switch into Landorus-T because Landorus-T is easy to force in with Electric types like Koko, Zeraora or even Regieleki. Also if you add Drill Peck in the set, you can mention it as another way to hit non-Flying resistant Pokemon without taking Brave Bird recoil. Brave Bird Corvi is honestly way better than Body Press and that's starting to catch on a bit so I would be careful recommending that in particular, but you're definitely right about Body Press/Lando-T variants.

Galarian Zapdos fits best on offensively oriented teams due to its breaking power, status as an offensive pivot, and frailty. Other offensive pivots like Dragapult and Magnezone can form dangerous pivot cores with Galarian Zapdos, forcing damage onto foes while keeping momentum. Magnezone comes with the added bonus of trapping Steel-types like Corviknight, Skarmory, and Ferrothorn with Magnet Pull, allowing Galarian Zapdos to more freely use Brave Bird. Entry hazard support helps Galarian Zapdos ensure KOes against bulkier foes and bait the opponent into activating Defiant with Defog, so teammates such as Ferrothorn and Landorus-T are good choices. Ferrothorn can more easily chip away at opponents with Knock Off and Leech Seed, while Landorus-T can come in on Electric-types like Tapu Koko and Zeraora that threaten Galarian Zapdos. Pairing Galarian Zapdos with another physical wallbreaker like Weavile or Melmetal is suggested, as together they can break through each others' checks. Both Weavile and Melmetal appreciate Galarian Zapdos's ability to deter Defog due to Defiant, while Galarian Zapdos appreciates Weavile removing Toxapex and Clefable's items with Knock Off and Melmetal's ability to both switch into Fairy-type attacks and spread status to bulky Flying-types like Corviknight and Zapdos. I would also mention Electric types who force Landorus-T to come in as great partners, because Landorus-T is often the only Electric immunity in a team and by double switching back into Galarian Zapdos you can get to +1 and basically claim a kill against whatever comes in. Future Sight users like Slowbro and Galarian Slowking (or Slowking or even Tapu Lele) may also be worth mentionning because Future Sight + Galarian Zapdos is almost a guarantee kill. Furthermore, Slowbro is in my opinion a very solid partner because of Teleport which is a safe way to give to Galarian Zapdos free wallbreaking opportunities, even when you don't need Future Sight's support to break. definitely on the mark here, good stuff

[CREDITS]
1/3, good check ironwater

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
in set comments you can mention drill peck as a midground to spam when flying resists are weakened or dead, as it gives gap a bit more staying power (over kick/tantrum)

in the teammates section emphasize spikes on ferro. whether its forcing a defog or whittling down "switch-ins", spikes + gap = pain for the opponent

when you mention pivots, torn t needs to be somewhere, especially AV, as it tanks whatever hit u want and pivots. knock support is also really good to remove boots and helmets

with the koko mention, gap beats all of lando, ferro, and glowking, so mentioning how they complement one another is good

everything else is covered. 2/3 when implemented

dex

in set comments you can mention drill peck as a midground to spam when flying resists are weakened or dead, as it gives gap a bit more staying power (over kick/tantrum)

in the teammates section emphasize spikes on ferro. whether its forcing a defog or whittling down "switch-ins", spikes + gap = pain for the opponent

when you mention pivots, torn t needs to be somewhere, especially AV, as it tanks whatever hit u want and pivots. knock support is also really good to remove boots and helmets

with the koko mention, gap beats all of lando, ferro, and glowking, so mentioning how they complement one another is good

everything else is covered. 2/3 when implemented
implemented!

Deleted User 465389

Banned deucer.
add
delete
comment

Galarian Zapdos is an extremely powerful wallbreaker in the OU tier, capable of taking the top off of most teams with its powerful STAB combination of Brave Bird and Close Combat. Due to Defiant, Galarian Zapdos possesses the unique trait of threatening both Landorus-T and Corviknight's Defog with an Attack boost, which can nearly guarantee a KO. With even a +1 boost from Defiant, Galarian Zapdos threatens a KO on Corviknight with Close Combat, and with a +2 boost, Toxapex is OHKOed with Brave Bird at +2. Furthermore, its Galarian Zapdos’s access to U-turn allows Galarian Zapdos it to act as a strong pivot, as it forces many defensive Pokemon out such as Ferrothorn and Heatran along with slower offensive threats like Tapu Lele and Urshifu-R. U-turn also is a strong midground play against Slowbro, which is a common switch-in to Galarian Zapdos on Regenerator team structures. However, its Galarian Zapdos’s powerful Brave Bird comes with the drawback of taking Brave Bird recoil and chip damage from Rocky Helmet and other contact effects, causing Galarian Zapdos to quickly wear itself down. On the other hand, locking into Close Combat also comes at a cost, as it gives Fighting-type answers like Dragapult and Tapu Lele a free switch in.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Choice Band allows Galarian Zapdos to break through defensively oriented teams with its nearly unresisted STAB combination of Brave Bird and Close Combat. Thunderous Kick is a middle ground option for breaking through Corviknight even as it heals that does not come with Close Combat's drawback of lowering Galarian Zapdos's defenses. Stomping Tantrum is another option that acts as a way of pressuring bulky Poison-types like Toxapex and Galarian Slowking without Brave Bird recoil while also hitting Tapu Koko on the switch and Aegislash super effectively. Drill Peck is another option for the third moveslot that gives Galarian Zapdos more staying power than using Brave Bird constantly and is good for picking off weakened enemies. U-turn is helpful for generating momentum against healthy Regenerator cores and scouting if locking into Brave Bird or Close Combat is not desirable.

Galarian Zapdos fits best on offensively oriented teams due to its incredible breaking power and ability to build momentum. Pivots like Dragapult and Tapu Fini help Galarian Zapdos get on the field safely while chipping away at foes'(remove the ') health to allow Galarian Zapdos to more easily wallbreak. Tornadus-T, particularly Assault Vest variants, is an excellent pivot that pairs well with Galarian Zapdos as it is able to both spam Knock Off and eat most hits that would otherwise KO Galarian Zapdos. Entry hazard support helps Galarian Zapdos secure easier KOes against bulkier foes and bait the opponent into activating Defiant with Defog, so teammates such as Spikes Ferrothorn and Stealth Rock Landorus-T are good choices. Ferrothorn can more easily chip away at opponents with Knock Off and Leech Seed, while Landorus-T can come in on Electric-types like Tapu Koko and Zeraora that threaten Galarian Zapdos. Landorus-T can also utilize Toxic to wear down some of Galarian Zapdos's checks like Zapdos and Slowbro. Pairing Galarian Zapdos with another physical wallbreaker like Weavile or Melmetal is suggested recommended, as together they can break through each others' checks. Both Weavile and Melmetal appreciate Galarian Zapdos's ability to deter Defog due to Defiant and blast through defensive walls like Ferrothorn and Toxapex with Brave Bird, while Galarian Zapdos appreciates Weavile removing Toxapex and Clefable's items with Knock Off and Melmetal's ability to both switch into Fairy-type attacks and spread status to bulky Flying-types like Corviknight and Zapdos. Electric-types like Tapu Koko, Magnezone, and Zeraora are excellent choices as teammates as they can bait in Landorus-T, activating Defiant on a double switch. Tapu Koko particularly appreciates Galarian Zapdos beating Ferrothorn, Landorus-T, and Galarian Slowking, while Magnezone comes with the added benefit of trapping Corviknight and Skarmory with Magnet Pull pull, allowing Galarian Zapdos to more freely use Brave Bird. Future Sight users like Slowbro and Galarian Slowking allow Galarian Zapdos to more easily break through physical walls like Toxapex and Corviknight. Slowbro deserves a special mention for its ability to safely pivot Galarian Zapdos in with Teleport against Ferrothorn and Rillaboom.

[CREDITS]
- Quality checked by: [[ausma, 360720], [clone, 218318]
good job! :blobthumbsup:

dex

add
delete
comment

Galarian Zapdos is an extremely powerful wallbreaker in the OU tier, capable of taking the top off of most teams with its powerful STAB combination of Brave Bird and Close Combat. Due to Defiant, Galarian Zapdos possesses the unique trait of threatening both Landorus-T and Corviknight's Defog with an Attack boost, which can nearly guarantee a KO. With even a +1 boost from Defiant, Galarian Zapdos threatens a KO on Corviknight with Close Combat, and with a +2 boost, Toxapex is OHKOed with Brave Bird at +2. Furthermore, its Galarian Zapdos’s access to U-turn allows Galarian Zapdos it to act as a strong pivot, as it forces many defensive Pokemon out such as Ferrothorn and Heatran along with slower offensive threats like Tapu Lele and Urshifu-R. U-turn also is a strong midground play against Slowbro, which is a common switch-in to Galarian Zapdos on Regenerator team structures. However, its Galarian Zapdos’s powerful Brave Bird comes with the drawback of taking Brave Bird recoil and chip damage from Rocky Helmet and other contact effects, causing Galarian Zapdos to quickly wear itself down. On the other hand, locking into Close Combat also comes at a cost, as it gives Fighting-type answers like Dragapult and Tapu Lele a free switch in.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Choice Band allows Galarian Zapdos to break through defensively oriented teams with its nearly unresisted STAB combination of Brave Bird and Close Combat. Thunderous Kick is a middle ground option for breaking through Corviknight even as it heals that does not come with Close Combat's drawback of lowering Galarian Zapdos's defenses. Stomping Tantrum is another option that acts as a way of pressuring bulky Poison-types like Toxapex and Galarian Slowking without Brave Bird recoil while also hitting Tapu Koko on the switch and Aegislash super effectively. Drill Peck is another option for the third moveslot that gives Galarian Zapdos more staying power than using Brave Bird constantly and is good for picking off weakened enemies. U-turn is helpful for generating momentum against healthy Regenerator cores and scouting if locking into Brave Bird or Close Combat is not desirable.

Galarian Zapdos fits best on offensively oriented teams due to its incredible breaking power and ability to build momentum. Pivots like Dragapult and Tapu Fini help Galarian Zapdos get on the field safely while chipping away at foes'(remove the ') health to allow Galarian Zapdos to more easily wallbreak. Tornadus-T, particularly Assault Vest variants, is an excellent pivot that pairs well with Galarian Zapdos as it is able to both spam Knock Off and eat most hits that would otherwise KO Galarian Zapdos. Entry hazard support helps Galarian Zapdos secure easier KOes against bulkier foes and bait the opponent into activating Defiant with Defog, so teammates such as Spikes Ferrothorn and Stealth Rock Landorus-T are good choices. Ferrothorn can more easily chip away at opponents with Knock Off and Leech Seed, while Landorus-T can come in on Electric-types like Tapu Koko and Zeraora that threaten Galarian Zapdos. Landorus-T can also utilize Toxic to wear down some of Galarian Zapdos's checks like Zapdos and Slowbro. Pairing Galarian Zapdos with another physical wallbreaker like Weavile or Melmetal is suggested recommended, as together they can break through each others' checks. Both Weavile and Melmetal appreciate Galarian Zapdos's ability to deter Defog due to Defiant and blast through defensive walls like Ferrothorn and Toxapex with Brave Bird, while Galarian Zapdos appreciates Weavile removing Toxapex and Clefable's items with Knock Off and Melmetal's ability to both switch into Fairy-type attacks and spread status to bulky Flying-types like Corviknight and Zapdos. Electric-types like Tapu Koko, Magnezone, and Zeraora are excellent choices as teammates as they can bait in Landorus-T, activating Defiant on a double switch. Tapu Koko particularly appreciates Galarian Zapdos beating Ferrothorn, Landorus-T, and Galarian Slowking, while Magnezone comes with the added benefit of trapping Corviknight and Skarmory with Magnet Pull pull, allowing Galarian Zapdos to more freely use Brave Bird. Future Sight users like Slowbro and Galarian Slowking allow Galarian Zapdos to more easily break through physical walls like Toxapex and Corviknight. Slowbro deserves a special mention for its ability to safely pivot Galarian Zapdos in with Teleport against Ferrothorn and Rillaboom.

[CREDITS]
good job! :blobthumbsup:
Implemented some of these, be careful while AM GP checking to not cut any content. You suggested cutting the specific entry hazard mention on Ferro and Lando, but that is actually important to note. Same goes for cutting the "Corviknight even as it heals" and "healthy Regenerator cores" parts. Those are key points for Gapdos. Thanks for the check!

Crunchman

Banned deucer.
Gonna try my hand at my first AM GP check!
Had a lot of thoughts for the overview - in all likelihood a lot of those might be personal preferences rather than strictly GP.
As for Set Comments, early on many sentences ran on/got wordy/needed some commas; the latter half was very solid.
Feel free to implement whatever you like, feedback is appreciated!

Add Remove Comment
Galarian Zapdos is an extremely powerful wallbreaker in OU, capable of taking the top off of most teams exerting incredible offensive pressure with its powerful STAB combination of Brave Bird and Close Combat. (taking the top off is a little bit vague) Due to Thanks to its ability Defiant, Galarian Zapdos possesses the unique trait of threatening both Landorus-T and Corviknight's Defog can take advantage of Intimidate from Landorus-T or Defog from Corviknight with an Attack boost, which can nearly guarantee a KO. (I see it as Galarian Zapdos taking advantage of it; threatening a move just sounds a little stranger. I'm a little hesitant to call it unique as well, because it's not exactly unique. The mention of nearly guaranteeing a KO is mentioned in the proceeding line, so it seems extraneous here.) With even a +1 boost from Defiant, Galarian Zapdos threatens a KO on Corviknight with Close Combat, and with a +2 boost, Toxapex is OHKOed with Brave Bird. Galarian Zapdos can OHKO or 2HKO most common walls in OU, such as Corviknight and Toxapex. (Less of a GP thing, but I would heavily recommend leaving the calcs for Set Comments) Furthermore, its access to U-turn allows Galarian Zapdos to act as a strong pivot, because as it forces many defensive Pokemon out such as Ferrothorn and Heatran, as well as slower offensive threats like Tapu Lele and Urshifu-R, to switch out. along with slower offensive threats like Tapu Lele and Urshifu-R. (generally just more natural sounding, generally pretty run-on-ish sentence. I think this helps fix that a little) U-turn also is also a strong midground play against Slowbro, which is a common switch-in to Galarian Zapdos on Regenerator team structures. However, its powerful Brave Bird comes with the drawback of recoil damage, which, when compounded with passive damage caused by Rocky Helmet, Iron Barbs, or Stealth Rock, can greatly limit its staying power. On the other hand, locking into Close Combat also comes at a cost, as it gives Fighting-type answers like Dragapult and Tapu Lele a free switch in.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Choice Band allows Galarian Zapdos to break through defensively oriented teams with its nearly unresisted STAB combination of Brave Bird and Close Combat. Thunderous Kick is a middle ground option for breaking through Corviknight, even as it heals, that does not come with without Close Combat's drawback of lowering Galarian Zapdos's defenses. (This sentence just rambles if there are no commas here.) Stomping Tantrum is another option that acts as a way of pressuring pressures bulky Poison-types like Toxapex and Galarian Slowking without Brave Bird recoil while also hitting Tapu Koko on the switch and Aegislash super effectively. Drill Peck is another option for the third moveslot that gives Galarian Zapdos more staying power than using Brave Bird constantly, and is good useful for picking off weakened enemies. U-turn is helpful for generating momentum against healthy Regenerator cores and scouting if locking into Brave Bird or Close Combat is not desirable.

Galarian Zapdos fits best on offensively oriented teams due to its incredible breaking power and ability to build momentum. Pivots like Dragapult and Tapu Fini help Galarian Zapdos get on onto the field safely while chipping away at foes' health, allowing to allow Galarian Zapdos to more easily wallbreak. (the comma breaks up the sentence for reading pleasure and allowing sounds more natural, rather than repeating the "to verb" structure twice in one phrase. Also note the apostrophe on foes for possessive form) Tornadus-T, particularly Assault Vest variants, is an excellent pivot that pairs well with Galarian Zapdos, as it is able to both spam Knock Off and eat most hits that would otherwise KO Galarian Zapdos. (note the comma here) Entry hazard support helps Galarian Zapdos secure easier KOes against bulkier foes and bait the opponent into activating Defiant with Defog, so teammates such as Spikes Ferrothorn and Stealth Rock Landorus-T are good choices. Ferrothorn can more easily chip away at opponents with Knock Off and Leech Seed, while Landorus-T can come in on Electric-types like Tapu Koko and Zeraora that threaten Galarian Zapdos. Landorus-T can also utilize Toxic to wear down some of Galarian Zapdos's checks like Zapdos and Slowbro. Pairing Galarian Zapdos with another physical wallbreaker like Weavile or Melmetal is suggested, as together they can break through each others' checks. Both Weavile and Melmetal appreciate Galarian Zapdos's ability to deter Defog due to Defiant and blast through defensive walls like Ferrothorn and Toxapex with Brave Bird, while Galarian Zapdos appreciates Weavile removing Toxapex and Clefable's items with Knock Off and Melmetal's ability to both switch into Fairy-type attacks and spread status to bulky Flying-types like Corviknight and Zapdos. Electric-types like Tapu Koko, Magnezone, and Zeraora are excellent choices as teammates as they can bait in Landorus-T, activating Defiant on a double switch. Tapu Koko particularly appreciates Galarian Zapdos beating Ferrothorn, Landorus-T, and Galarian Slowking, while Magnezone comes with the added benefit of trapping Corviknight and Skarmory with Magnet Pull, allowing Galarian Zapdos to more freely use Brave Bird. Future Sight users like Slowbro and Galarian Slowking allow Galarian Zapdos to more easily break through physical walls like Toxapex and Corviknight. Slowbro deserves special mention for its ability to safely pivot Galarian Zapdos in with Teleport against Ferrothorn and Rillaboom.

[CREDITS]

Astra

talk to me nice
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
this is fine with just this one check
add remove (comments)
Galarian Zapdos is an extremely powerful wallbreaker in OU, capable of taking the top off of most teams with its powerful STAB move combination of Brave Bird and Close Combat. Due to Defiant, Galarian Zapdos possesses the unique trait of threatening both Landorus-T and Corviknight's Defog with an Attack boost, which can nearly guarantee a KO. With even a +1 boost from Defiant, Galarian Zapdos threatens a KO on Corviknight with Close Combat, and with a +2 boost, Toxapex is OHKOed with Brave Bird. Furthermore, its access to U-turn allows Galarian Zapdos to act as a strong pivot, as it forces many defensive Pokemon out such as Ferrothorn and Heatran along with slower offensive threats like Tapu Lele and Urshifu-R. U-turn also is a strong midground play against Slowbro, which is a common switch-in to Galarian Zapdos on Regenerator team structures. However, its powerful Brave Bird comes with the drawback of recoil damage, which, when compounded with passive damage caused by Rocky Helmet, Iron Barbs, or Stealth Rock, can greatly limit its staying power. On the other hand, locking into Close Combat also comes at a cost, as it gives Fighting-type answers like Dragapult and Tapu Lele a free switch-in (AH).

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Choice Band allows Galarian Zapdos to break through defensively oriented teams with its nearly unresisted STAB move combination of Brave Bird and Close Combat. Thunderous Kick is a middle ground option for breaking through Corviknight even as it heals that does not come with Close Combat's drawback of lowering Galarian Zapdos's defenses. Stomping Tantrum is another option that acts as a way of pressuring bulky Poison-types like Toxapex and Galarian Slowking without Brave Bird recoil while also hitting Tapu Koko on the switch and Aegislash super effectively. Drill Peck is another option for the third moveslot that gives Galarian Zapdos more staying power than using Brave Bird constantly and is good for picking off weakened enemies. U-turn is helpful for generating momentum against healthy Regenerator cores and scouting if locking into Brave Bird or Close Combat is not desirable.

Galarian Zapdos fits best on offensively oriented teams due to its incredible breaking power and ability to build momentum. Pivots like Dragapult and Tapu Fini help Galarian Zapdos get on the field safely while chipping away at foes health to allow Galarian Zapdos to more easily wallbreak. Tornadus-T, particularly Assault Vest variants, is an excellent pivot that pairs well with Galarian Zapdos, (AC) as it is able to both spam Knock Off and eat most hits that would otherwise KO Galarian Zapdos. Entry hazard support helps Galarian Zapdos secure easier KOes against bulkier foes and bait the opponent into activating Defiant with Defog, so teammates such as Spikes Ferrothorn and Stealth Rock Landorus-T are good choices. Ferrothorn can more easily chip away at opponents foes with Knock Off and Leech Seed, while Landorus-T can come in on Electric-types like Tapu Koko and Zeraora that threaten Galarian Zapdos. Landorus-T can also utilize Toxic to wear down some of Galarian Zapdos's checks like Zapdos and Slowbro. Pairing Galarian Zapdos with another physical wallbreaker like Weavile or Melmetal is suggested, as together they can break through each others' other's checks. Both Weavile and Melmetal appreciate Galarian Zapdos's ability to deter Defog due to Defiant and blast through defensive walls like Ferrothorn and Toxapex with Brave Bird, while Galarian Zapdos appreciates Weavile removing Toxapex and Clefable's items with Knock Off and Melmetal's ability to both switch into Fairy-type attacks and spread status to bulky Flying-types like Corviknight and Zapdos. Electric-types like Tapu Koko, Magnezone, and Zeraora are excellent choices as teammates as they can bait in Landorus-T, activating Defiant on a double switch. Tapu Koko particularly appreciates Galarian Zapdos beating Ferrothorn, Landorus-T, and Galarian Slowking, while Magnezone comes with the added benefit of trapping Corviknight and Skarmory with Magnet Pull, allowing Galarian Zapdos to more freely use Brave Bird. Future Sight users like Slowbro and Galarian Slowking allow Galarian Zapdos to more easily break through physical walls like Toxapex and Corviknight. Slowbro deserves special mention for its ability to safely pivot Galarian Zapdos in with Teleport against Ferrothorn and Rillaboom.

[CREDITS]
- Quality checked by: [[ausma, 360720], [Clone, 218318]
1/1 :blobthumbsup:
Estronic-GP-small.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)