UU FUMT Month 2 - Signups

WELCOME to FYBIRR's Unofficial Monthly Tournaments MONTH 2 (or FUMT - Month 2 for short)! Last month was pretty boring because basically nobody participated at all and there were very few players, so I want to spice things up a bit to increase players joining.

First of all, since last month was in OU, this month I will host a tournament in UU. This will also be a team tournament. The number of teams will be based on how many players join, and team captains will be chosen by either wheel spinning or nominations, I might start a poll to decide what method of team captain choosing to use (and obviously I'm one of the captains).

And what's a proper tournament without some bans? Here are the banned Pokémon, items, and moves for this tournament:

:Wo-Chien: Wo-Chien
Anything not fully evolved, such as :Bisharp: Bisharp and :Naclstack: Naclstack
Booster Energy
Revival Blessing

Once team captains get their roles, they are to decide a name for their team and submit it to me. The team name must be somewhat related to Pokémon, whether it's a game, Pokémon, location, Showdown/Smogon reference, etc. For example, if I wanted to make a name based on Pokémon Unite, I could make my team Pokémon United, a pun on Pokémon Unite and Manchester United (I have no idea if i spelled it right I don't follow sports). The possibilities are almost endless.

There will be a maximum of 5 people on a team, but the number of people depends on the amount of people entered (ex. if there are 16 people there would be 4 teams of 4, if there are 15 there would be 3 teams of 5).

If for any reason someone drops out in the middle of the tournament, both the team they dropped out from and I will try to find a substitute.

The matches will work like this: let's say every team has 5 players, players will fight in a round robin-esque way. Once a player fights a player from the other team, they will then switch to fight the next player to ensure players fight everyone on the opposing team. The team with the most wins at the end of the match wjns. The team with the most match wins at the end of the tournament takes the tournament. I probably worded this all weirdly since I have speech issues, so if there are any questions feel free to message me.

Once teams are made everyone on a team will be assigned a number 2-5, and the captains are number 1. The captains will fight each other in their first game against a team, player 1 vs player 1. After that, they will fight player 2, then 3, 4, and 5.

This tournament will go on for the entire month of March, one fight on Saturdays and one on Sundays. Those who can't make the given time will be substituted until further notice (such as if they had sports practice but it was cancelled).

That is really all there is to know about month 2 of FUMT. Battle rules will be in the week 1 thread when it comes out.

I will stop accepting signups on March 1st, if you are interested in joining be sure to sign up before then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)