Full baton pass

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've just thought of an idea for a full baton pass team for gsc. I wanna see if others can help optimize this. So the idea is this, use vaporeon for both acid armor and growth, scizor for swords dance, jolteon is for agility, and smeargle sets up amnesias. In the back are two mon, blissey and aerodactyl. Aerodactyl is for physical sweeping, blissey is for special sweeping. The plan is for vaporoen and smeargle to set up the sweepers to become unbreakable, scizor is to get aerodactyl to have sky high attack and vaporeon again to use growth to boost blissey so it can sweep opponents teams. Tell me if this could work or if it's one of those gimmicks new players come up with.

Siatam

is a Tutoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
RoA Leader
Hi welcome to the GSC forum!

To answer your question, full baton pass chain teams struggle to function in GSC. Unlike more recent generations GSC has very limited options when it comes to preventing phazing moves (Roar and Whirlwind), which are present on almost every viable team and can interrupt long BP chains. As such, most GSC BP teams focus on passing only 1 stat boost (usually speed) to dangerous setup sweepers.

You can find this sample team as an example of the full BP archetype in GSC.

Part of our forum rules is to avoid posting threads asking simple questions, so I will be locking this thread moving forward. I encourage you to ask any future questions you have in the SQSA thread or in our GSC Discord server.

Please feel free to reach out to myself or the GSC moderation team if you have any questions about the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)