From Untiereds to Ubers

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
I can't use Discord.

EDIT: It's blocked on my laptop, and I can't really download it on my Ipad. I kinda discussed this with OM! already.
Yep; I recall definitely replying to try and help you.——————
In either case, you can just Pm eachother on Smogon as you can click on their username and then select start conversations, or post here as you see fit.
——————
I completely understand if the timing doesn’t work. I feel Gen 7 ended before we wanted it to and it sort of rushed it all.

Worst case scenario, we can just focus on Gen 8 I guess.

Thank you Stealthbomber16 and SteelixPrismGX for letting me know.

Last edited:
Perhaps on Saturday my time since he is 16 hours ahead of me.
I can do 4 pm Saturday as that would be 10 am Sunday, his time
Errr... he will be in church then. I’ll check when he’s free.

Edit: or just go online right now.

Edit 2: he’s free ~9 to 10pm Friday, 9 to 11pm Saturday (timings in GMT -8). Most for next week are uncertain for him as the school holidays begin then, but he is sure he can make it almost anytime in the day.

Last edited:

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Yeah I haven’t got time to learn and build for this metagame anymore gonna drop it sorry
I haven’t been in for a couple of days,

I completely understand, I know it was a little rushed and I totally get it.

Thanks for letting me know. SteelixPrismGX if you are still in that gives you a Bye, and now it’s up to The Cruelest and Scoopapa to figure out a time.
Errr... he will be in church then. I’ll check when he’s free.

Edit: or just go online right now.

Edit 2: he’s free ~9 to 10pm Friday, 9 to 11pm Saturday (timings in GMT -8). Most for next week are uncertain for him as the school holidays begin then, but he is sure he can make it almost anytime in the day.
Ok so if those timings are for my time I can try and do Friday at 9 Pm. Thanks for letting me know

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
The tournament is canceled, so かたわれ時 you can tell 737373elj to skip the battle.

Scoopapa I am going to ensure your work counts for something, and pass all winners to Gen 8.

We don’t have to worry about Megas, or Z-Moves.

To keep the metagame balanced and scaled for quality over quantity; we will host Rebalance slates 1x every 4 slates, so it gives time for coding, and makes a realistic purpose for the metagame. Rebalances on all items, abilities, and moves will only serve to be quality clones of current (Gen 1-8) original mechanics, or past winner mechanics. (Like creating a +Def version of Assault Vest into say Assault Armor - my MBH throwback idea).

The idea of 700 BST seems like a good aim, especially as Gen 8 Pokemon seem to have a better sense of good stats (high Spe + Offense), high Defense + Good HP.

Also, I respect the fact we are playing with an ever-evolving power creep, where what oftentimes were once signature exclusive moves are becoming more and more standard, and widely distributed.

The new abilities will be something we can consider as well, and our goal will be to limit coding complications and limit all customizations to clones only, of current abilities, items, moves of Gen 7 winners, and original Gen 1-8 mechanics.

I want to wait for the metagame to settle as established first.
Afterall, we don’t know what will constitute Ubers as a tier, let alone Untiered. Many of our Pokemon in Untiered can change to a new tier in the generation, plus it will give myself and Scoopapa a necessary, and deserved break.

As far as I am concerned, Scoopapa is my sole Co-Leader, SteelixPrismGX is still Council, and if Jamis361 returns, he can let me know if he wishes to regain his Co-Leader status, as I promised him I will never remove him, his place doesn’t disappear unless he announces he is stepping down. However, I will say due to his school, he is inactive, so view Scoopapa and I as the actual Co-Leaders.

We will begin our first slate in December, as we cannot put together a viability ranking, a role Compendum, and anything else until the overall metagame itself has settled (I.e. Banlists on items, moves, abilities, Pokemon - as Rayquaza-Mega was banned from Ubers in... I cannot believe I am saying this... last Generation — Gen 7).

I will announce, and we also have to consider Pokemon Showdown’s simulation battle system getting an update for everything, the new thread in due time.

For now, enjoy a break, and honestly; I appreciate everyone’s continuous work, effort, and legacy in creating a unique; and powerful, worthy metagame. I support this idea. But will be making some changes in the new thread.

For now, let us enjoy Thanksgiving, without having to give a “cluck!“ about the next slate.

As for me, I am proud of winning 15/16 voting slates (2 rebalance slate votes, and 13/14 new submission slate votes). I am very happy your all see my individuality and unique niche to make obscure and neat new introductions to ideas left largely unexplored, such as Gravity, and Wonder Room.

I am going to have a return in December 6. As November 28-December 1 is Thanksgiving weekend, where people eat, and then shop, literally - all day long.

Plus many of us who ordered the game will want to actually play it before we dissect only the best Pokemon movesets, teammates, etc. It sort of takes away the fun if you have it all figured out in just 2 weeks, so I am giving us all 3 weeks from today so we don’t feel all of the spoilers and Etc. Changes are too much at once.

To Gen 8, let’s wait. To Gen 7, due to leaks, it was officially done as of November 11. Hey... that Mr. Rimes!

Last edited:

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I have decided I cannot lead the thread for Gen 8 due to creepy users on this forum harassing me. I will discontinue to participate in the forums as often and cannot put myself in this position any longer.

Someone else can lead.
Have you contacted members of the Site Staff? If it is really that disturbing to you then you have a right yo report them to the appropriate authorities.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Hey, OM!, I feel bad for what you're going through. To make you feel better, do you mind if I take over?
Yes please do. I don’t think there is an Untiered list yet, but there is likely an Uber metagame developing. I am sure you can create this once the Untiered category has been established.
Have you contacted members of the Site Staff? If it is really that disturbing to you then you have a right yo report them to the appropriate authorities.
I mentioned them and no one cares anymore. I have no resources. I am broken.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)