Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist

Pokemon: Bisharp
Take: 2
Typing:

Abilities: Flash Fire / Defiant / Outer Shield*
*Outer Shield - Multiscale Clone
Stats: 81 / 70 / 132 / 70 / 101 / 101 (BST: 555)
New Moves: U-turn, Heal Order
Competitive Niche: Pretty good pivot with pretty cool options, can be customized to check specific thing thanks to 3 good abilities and an ok movepool.

Type Restriction: The pokemon's second type must be a type the first type is weak to (e.g. if Slowbro is chosen, its type must be Water/Electric or Water/Grass)
Does this mean you can't make it, say, Psychic/Ghost because Psychic is Slowbro's secondary type? Or can you start with either type?

Also, does Slowbro need to have a 490 BST to account for Mega Slowbro?

Pokemon: Talonflame
Type:
/

Ability: Levitate
Stats: 75 / 50 / 110 / 65 / 135 / 135 | 570 BST
New Moves: Stealth Rock, Boulder Drop*
Boulder Drop - Rock type Seismic Toss clone
Competitive Niche: A fast wall with solid support moves like Stealth Rock, Will-o-Wisp, Defog, and U-turn. It also gets consistent chip damage thanks to Boulder Drop, probably a must due to its lack of any real offense. Its typing leaves it with some bad weaknesses but it also has a Ground immunity and some other useful resists like Fire, Ice, and Fairy, so it should wall some pokemon.

Pokemon: Slowbro
Take: 1
Type:
/

Ability: Natural Cure / Thick Fat | Unburden (HA)
Stats: 95 / 45 / 70 / 135 / 90 / 40 | 490 BST
New Moves: Hydro Pump, Water Spout
Competitive Niche: An Unburden or Trick Room sweeper with a solid array of STAB and coverage options. Unburden + Water Spout may sound really scary, but it's +2 Speed falls short of base 130s, and by extension most Scarfers, so you should have options to weaken it before it can use it.

Take: 3
Type:

Ability: Technician / Steelworker | Defiant (HA)
Stats: 90 / 130 / 110 / 70 / 60 / 95 | 555 BST
New Moves: Parting Shot, Spikes
Competitive Niche: An offensive spiker and sweeper; it has a lot of options to negotiate, between SR / Spikes / Swords Dance and figuring what attacks it wants to run with.

Last edited:

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor

Typing:

Abilities: Flame Body / Rock Head
Stats: 88/141/83/74/89/70 (BST: 545)
New Moves: Submission, Wild Charge
Competitive Niche: A powerful wallbreaker held back by its 4x SR weakness, its lack of speed, and only decent bulk. Submission tends to miss as well.

Typing:

Abilities: Oblivious / Own Tempo / Regenerator
Stats: 95/70/100/70/100/55 (BST: 490)
New Moves: Giga Drain, Aromatherapy
Competitive Niche: A bulky wall whose passivity makes it setup bait to various mons like Substitute Hawlucha, Charizard-Mega-X, and Alakazam-Mega.

Typing:

Abilities: Inner Focus / Defiant / Pressure
Stats: 65/130/60/100/100/70 (BST: 525)
New Moves: Play Rough, Close Combat, Mach Punch
Competitive Niche: A good alternative to vanilla Bisharp that can deal with bulky Steels and Darks at the cost of struggling with Poisons.

Does this mean you can't make it, say, Psychic/Ghost because Psychic is Slowbro's secondary type? Or can you start with either type?

Also, does Slowbro need to have a 490 BST to account for Mega Slowbro?
1. No, Slowbro's first type has to remain Water.
2. Yes, I should have made it clear in the directions, but FYI all Slowbro subs have to be 490 BST. Tagging Tuthur1, SteelixPrismGX and Yung Dramps to make the necessary changes. Remember your take's rules still apply!

Last edited:

Type: Water / Psychic
Ability:
Compound Eyes / Mold Breaker
Stats: 95 / 60 / 100 / 135 / 70 / 30
New Moves: Hydro Pump, Thunder
Competitive Niche: Attacks with strong moves that become accurate thanks to Compound Eyes. Mold breaker also exists to fit a fancy. It is however slow and it's bulk is not the best, so that needs to be taken into account.
Sample Sets:
Slowbro @ Choice Specs
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Psychic
- Blizzard
- Thunder

Type: Fire / Ground
Ability:
Adaptability
Stats: 80 / 70 / 80 / 60 / 80 / 130
New Moves: Spikes, Thousand Arrows (Dont @ me yet. The reason is because I wanted to see if this could work despite a pretty bad attack stat)
Competitive Niche: A Pokemon who uses it's perfect coverage STABs to it's advantage. It also offers the ability to set Spikes for a team. It only has one ability and a low attack stat makes heavily rely on Swords Dance to deal damage, but once it sets up, it will become very threatening.
Sample Sets:
Talonfame @ Focus Sash
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Thousand Arrows
- U-Turn

Type: Ghost / Rock
Ability:
Steelworker / Guts / Dark Aura
Stats: 65 / 125 / 100 / 70 / 60 / 100
New Moves: Shadow Sneak, Accelerock, Bullet Punch
Competitive Niche: A mon who offers dual-STAB proirity and possibly a third with either Steelworker or Dark Aura. Also offers stronger STABS in Shadow Claw and Stone Edge. It's a bit slower than it wants to be and lacking in bulk, and while more priority is great, it still has a reliance on it against faster teams.
Sample Sets:
Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Steelworker
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Accelerock
- Shadow Sneak
- Bullet Punch

I am very concerned something went wrong here.

FYI, Yung Dramps your Talonflame needs to keep Fire as its primary typing, meaning you need to make it Fire / Rock, Fire / Ground, or Fire / Water if you want to do Take 2. And also the ability limit for Take 2 is 4, and Prankster is a 4.5 ability, so please change it. And remember your Slowbro must be 490 BST cuz of Mega Bro

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Type:
/

Ability: Defiant / Intimidate
Stats: 80 / 145 / 105 / 60 / 80 / 70 (570)
New Moves: Bullet Punch, Close Combat
Competitive Niche: Powerful wallbreaker with access to Bullet Punch and Sucker Punch to offset its low speed.

Last edited:
Yo SteelixPrismGX your Slowbro sub is still 10 BST short, so I'd suggest you dump them into speed in order to fulfill the restriction. (not like it'll still outspeed anything with base 20 speed)

does it matter? the only base form stat that genuinely affects the mega is HP, and this mod doesn't care about flavor, so it's HP that should need to stay the same instead of BST

Well, the BST has always increased by 100 in a mega, even if flavor was disallowed, but you're right about the HP thing (man I don't know what's going on with me), so I will make one last announcement: YOUR SLOWBRO'S HP STAT MUST NOT CHANGE AT ALL FROM THE VANILLA BRO!

Well, the BST has always increased by 100 in a mega, even if flavor was disallowed, but you're right about the HP thing (man I don't know what's going on with me), so I will make one last announcement: YOUR SLOWBRO'S HP STAT MUST NOT CHANGE AT ALL FROM THE VANILLA BRO!
gen 6 alakazam

Okay, I get the point you're trying to send to Pika Xtreme, Demon Dragon. But can you just stop this argument already?! It's taking up space and it's just ruining the feel of this Pet Mod. Just move on. Or start up voting. Or whatever. But JUST STOP THIS ARGUMENT ALREADY.

Okay, you're right. That was about to get out of control. All I ask is that you just don't change your Slowbro's HP from vanilla, so anyone who subbed, I'm afraid you'll have to change it again if it is different. I understand that didn't happen with Diancie, but that was before I realized how it was done in V1, so once again, I'm sorry to anyone who subbed a Bro with a different HP value.
Tagging SteelixPrismGX, Yung Dramps and Scoopapa to make the necessary adjustments.

Last edited:
Sorry for the double post, but this is a warning to everyone that there are 24 hours left to submit and make the necessary changes to their subs (looking at your Slowbro's HP Dramps).

Type: Dark / Steel
Ability: Defiant / Moxie
Stats: 90 / 150 / 105 / 35 / 40 / 62
New Moves: Bullet Punch, Sharp Strike*
Sharp Strike - Steel type Head Charge clone.
Competitive Niche: Despite lower BST than its normal form, It can fulfill many roles on a team, it can serve as a powerful wallbreaker or a Trick Room sweeper, Its decent physical bulk allows it to switch into a good amount of physical attacks. It can also revenge kill effectivley due to its priority and great attack stat.
Sample Set:
TR Sweeper (Bisharp) @ Steelium Z
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- Sharp Strike

Type: Water / Grass
Ability: Regenerator, Steady*
Steady - Stamina clone.
Stats: 95 / 30 / 150 / 20 / 140 / 5
New Moves: Leech Seed, Spiky Shield
Competitive Niche: This thing is just a huge wall, Its amazing defensive stats and access reliable recovery and great abilites in Regenerator and Steady allow it to wall everything that isn't named Mega Rayquaza.
Sample Set:
Physical Wall (Slowbro) @ Leftovers
Ability: Steady
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Spiky Shield
- Slack Off
- Leech Seed

Type: Fire / Flying
Ability: Gale Wings, *Swift Reaction
Swift Reaction - Rock Type sap sipper clone, Doesn't provide SR immunity.
Stats: 100 / 135 / 115/ 45 / 87 / 70
New Moves: Close Combat, Beak Blast
Competitive Niche: This pokemon has a decent attack stat and good physical bulk, Its typing and ability Swift Reaction allows it to bypass its largest weakness and gain an attack bonus while it does so, With agility Talonflame can be a dangerous sweeper when given the opportunity due to its amazing high power coverage and Swift Reaction.
Sample Set:
Agility + 3 Attacks (Talonflame) @ Life Orb / Flyinium Z
Ability: Swift Reaction
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Agility
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat

Last edited:

Type: Water / Grass
Ability: Regenerator, Steady*
Steady - Stamina clone.
Stats: 95 / 30 / 150 / 20 / 140 / 5
New Moves: Haze, Stealth Rock
Competitive Niche: This thing is just a huge wall, Its amazing defensive stats and access to stealth rocks, reliable recovery and great abilites in Regenerator and Steady allow it to wall everything that isn't named Mega Rayquaza.
Sample Set:
Physical Wall (Slowbro) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Steady
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Haze
Take #2: Who needs Attack?
Move Restriction: 2 new moves of the new secondary type it doesn't have
Haze and Stealth Rock are not Grass-type moves. You need to change those to Grass-type moves or else I won't accept it.

Okay, and with that, voting phase shall now commence! Remember to list your top three choices for each pokemon!
Talonflame: SteelixPrismGX, Scoopapa, Anaconja
Bisharp: Gravity Monkey, CoolMan6001, G-Luke
Slowbro: Yung Dramps, SteelixPrismGX, Anaconja

Last edited:
Hey, sorry for the triple post, but since no one else seems to be voting, I'll be extending the voting phase to July 16-17.
Please, PLEASE, PLEASE vote!!!

Talonflame: Anaconja, SteelixPrismGX, Scoopapa
Bisharp: Scoopapa, CoolMan6001, SteelixPrismGX
Slowbro: Yung Dramps, Anaconja, CoolMan6001

Keep up with the voting!

Tuthur

formerly 0-7 in FCL
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Bisharp: CoolMan6001, SteelixPrismGX, G-Luke
Talonflame: CoolMan6001, Tuthur1, Scoopapa
Slowbro: SteelixPrismGX, Tuthur1, CoolMan6001

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)