Forum Style Bug Reports

Meowth is currently using it's galarian form sprite across the entire dex, while Galarian Meowth has no sprite. For reference, all other regular forms, alolan forms, and galarian forms use the correct sprite.

Meowth is currently using it's galarian form sprite across the entire dex, while Galarian Meowth has no sprite. For reference, all other regular forms, alolan forms, and galarian forms use the correct sprite.
I'm going to reiterate this, as it still isn't fixed.
Going to "https://www.smogon.com/forums//media/minisprites/meowth.png" brings up this:

While going to "https://www.smogon.com/forums//media/minisprites/meowth-galar.png" or "https://www.smogon.com/forums//media/minisprites/meowth-kanto.png" brings up a 404 error.

Ryota Mitarai

Shrektimus Prime
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Tengo una pregunta. ¿Es lo mío o Urshifu en ambas versiones está mal el sprite?
Question is in Spanish but I will answer it (I did tell them it's against the rules and linked them to the rules):

Ves este mal sprite porque Urshifu en este momento no tiene un sprite en Pokemon Showdown, porque todavía nadie ha provisto un sprite para Urshifu (ten en cuenta que nadie "trabaja" para PS o Smogon, ambos son proyectos basados en contribuciones. Por eso, el sprite puede ser provisto en cualquier momento).

Te aconsejo que uses inglés en el futuro, porque, según las reglas de Smogon, tienes que usar el inglés. Puedes leer las reglas en español también

I'm not sure if this is where I post this but I've noticed that when Urshifu and Urshifu-Rapid-Strike faint, their sprites on the side don't fade out. It happens every battle for me, not sure if this is a thing for everyone?
I know it's not a big issue but thought I'd mention it as it can make knowing what pokemon fainted more difficult when you have a bad memory like me xD

Here's a replay showing this bug (turn 8 then look at the sprites on the right):
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8inheritance-1181985879

If this isn't where I mention this, could you point me in the right direction?

Ivy

resident enigma
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor
This isn't about forum style per se, but on mobile, a few users have reported being unable to backspace more than once before the text input in the reply window is deselected. Happens to me on latest android Chrome. (This seems to have been fixed with a Chrome update)

Last edited:

Ivy

resident enigma
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor
After taking the smogoff default forum avatar challenge while also having the holiday theme equipped I've noticed that these avatars have a white background. Making it transparent would be a nice aesthetic improvement for holiday theme.

e: on second thought, the default theme also has off-white background for the divs around the post body. So this would really benefit all users of the site in the same negligible way.

e 2: Somehow the dark mode actually does have dark colored backdrops, so that much is covered. It may be just a matter of changing the color behind the CSS class that the avatar is decorated with.

Last edited:

david0895

Mercy Main Btw
Idk if this is the correct place to report it...
btw these two threads continue to show me as unwatched even despite i checked them several times
Screenshot_1.png

queso

too cheesy
is a Tiering Contributor
Idk if this is the correct place to report it...
btw these two threads continue to show me as unwatched even despite i checked them several timesView attachment 337217
don't believe its a user specific issue either– the ou suspect voting had the same problem for me and wouldn't be marked as read unless i used the feature to mark the entire blind voting subforum as read

david0895

Mercy Main Btw
don't believe its a user specific issue either– the ou suspect voting had the same problem for me and wouldn't be marked as read unless i used the feature to mark the entire blind voting subforum as read
thanks it worked

Me and a friend are trying to access Pokemon Showdown to play against one another, we are both unable to load. Are the servers down or is the issue something we can fix? Thanks

Attachments

Colteor

Free old gens in WCOP
is a Pre-Contributor
RoAPL Champion
Me and a friend are trying to access Pokemon Showdown to play against one another, we are both unable to load. Are the servers down or is the issue something we can fix? Thanks
PS servers are down currently so you'll have to wait. The admins are aware and working on it, so just be patient.

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
If I start typing in bold then unbold and press space, the cursor moves back and
  • if I press space again then the bold also becomes active again
  • if I press backspace seemingly nothing happens
happens with italics and underline as well, works ok with strikethrough cos I guess it actually has to show the empty space as well
untitled.gif

A very very annoying thing that I’ve experienced on Showdown is that sometimes you want to play a past generation so you make a team for it, but then when you close the teambuilder and select the format you‘re trying to get a match in, it just doesn’t come up. At all. This is stupid since you can select it perfectly fine when you make a team so my suggestion is that the select format screen is the same in both instances, of course they wouldn’t be the EXACT same because random battles are a thing but I’m fairly certain it wouldn’t be that hard to implement.

Irpachuza

You didn't get this far by giving up, did you?
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
Random Battle Lead
A very very annoying thing that I’ve experienced on Showdown is that sometimes you want to play a past generation so you make a team for it, but then when you close the teambuilder and select the format you‘re trying to get a match in, it just doesn’t come up. At all. This is stupid since you can select it perfectly fine when you make a team so my suggestion is that the select format screen is the same in both instances, of course they wouldn’t be the EXACT same because random battles are a thing but I’m fairly certain it wouldn’t be that hard to implement.
Old gen formats are challenge only, due to the fact PS focuses mainly on current gens, and there are limits on how many formats gather enough interest/relevance to grant a ladder. This includes Gen 7 as the most recent removal, except for OU, Ubers, Anything Goes, and Doubles OU. You can click on someone's name and click challenge, do /challenge name, format to challenge them to this tier, or play a room tournament. You can also ask in the Ruins of Alph room for old gen battles. These formats will not be coming back unless Ruins of Alph decides to put them on the Monthly Spotlight.

EDIT: Also this really isn't the thread for that. PS has its own simple questions thread and so does Smogon, on this same subforum.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)