Rules Forum Rules and Simple Questions/Answers

That was answering not asking so should be fine to post again before anyone else...

I always try some weird mons lol many know that. I actually see way crazier stuff than I'm drawn to pretty frequently but especially cause of playing randbats a lot tempted to try 'horrible' mons that often seem to do really good there. The two I'm trying to use atm though aren't anything as weird as Flareon or Vileplume though, imo.

I really like Mudsdale. Was just scrolling through dex, seeing what I want to try. I already was planning to try to use Mudsdale more. Good stats and a really interesting ability. What made me want to use it more was seeing it's listed as PU! i never really played tiers-they'd be more suited to the kinds of mons I like but seem more limiting on sets cause it just from on here and strat dex...less people making them up so you can't be more flexible. But just no>.< Mudsdale is cool. A lot of PU(it appears 'PU' in parentheses is even lower, stuff that even in lowest tier they don;t use,) is just trashy stuff that even I wouldn't use but Mudsdale seems really good from games I've played. A lot of the times have to just hope Body Slam paralyzes. But 125 Atk and many good attacks usually lets it do something better. Although maybe people just kinda don't know what to expect lol. Had a Volcarona stay in and try to set up but even just Rock Tomb is an OHKO :| Mainly wondering what to do w/ set. For item like the 50% HP pinch berries. But should Mudsdale play more like Hippo, SR/ Roar(no Yawn)/ EQ/etc? Or is it outclassed there? I kind of think so, so maybe SR and 3 attacks? Been using 4 attacks cause Heavy Slam is good since typically lives a Lele Psychic. And 120 BP to Landog.

The other mon is Tyrantrum. It feels heavily outclassed, even by Haxorus and they aren't even ranked lol. Much less bulk than TTar and less power and Spe. than Haxorus. Then there's DNITE which can Dragon Dance too...But those don't have recoil-free STAB Head Smash. I don;t think Strong Jaw is very helpful compared to Rock Head w/ Head Smash. But is that one thing enough to use this mon? Hard to set-up and not really fast even after 1 DD...would Adamant Rock Polish actually be better than Jolly DD? Honestly only time I brought this and won in games so far it could've been any mon rly just had to live +2 Shadow Sneak from Mimikyu and it was parad so not fast. I find it too hard to set-up vs. w/ Char X or most other dancers. So if people just think this is too outclassed I'll accept that easily. But then is Haxorus bad too? Since it does the same kind of thing but w/ better stats except Def. But no really strong move but Outrage which they all have.

Last edited:
When someone disconnects from a rated battle, their opponent sometimes loses. Do any of you know what decides the winner when someone disconnects?

I read on Bulbapedia Recycle can get back items thrown w/ Fling. Naturally that'd never be worth it for Iron Ball, the highest BP Flin. but maybe Flame Orb? Say on Blissey? Ofc no atk so maybe another...

On similar note, is Iron Ball ever a good item to use? My main idea was to surprise a ground 'immune' switch-in w/ a SE(for Celesteela and such) hit.

I read on Bulbapedia Recycle can get back items thrown w/ Fling. Naturally that'd never be worth it for Iron Ball, the highest BP Flin. but maybe Flame Orb? Say on Blissey? Ofc no atk so maybe another...

On similar note, is Iron Ball ever a good item to use? My main idea was to surprise a ground 'immune' switch-in w/ a SE(for Celesteela and such) hit.
Fling + Recylce is just to move slot expensive. It takes up half your entire set, and is a very slow combo, which is too costly in game when you're trying to keep pace. Generally you'll just find that alternative moves and items will perform better more consistently. In the instance of Flame Orb-Fling Blissey, Eviolite Chansey's superior defence already passively grants you much of the Flame Orb burns benefits. In addition it's common for Chansey to be paired with pokemon that inflict status, and often uses Toxic or Twave itself, so the burns can be dealt else where (Will-o-wisp Sableye-m, Scald Toxapex/Quagsire etc)

Iron Ball Trick/Switcheroo also seems pretty difficult to pull off consistently. On the speed reduction side Lagging Tail has been used to perform a similar role, commonly on Prankster users like Sableye or Whimsicott. But on the Ground Immunity removal end of things, we more often see Gravity and Smack Down. Gravity can allow other benefits like a Gengar-m's Hypnosis having 100% accuracy, while Smack Down can also act as a general rock attack, which depsite the low base power is still enough to take down Volcarona or Charizard-Y. Landorus-T learns both and would be the most common user of them as it can immediatly follow up with powerful stab EQs.

Oh good point. And thank you! I often like to look at the bottom of a mon's move list lol, then scroll up. But even though that means I do look under 'usually useless moves(well any1 coulda figured that xD,)' I never even thought about Smack Down. I guess cause of Rock Tomb, mostly although now I'm thinking to use this.

yeah that's mostly what I expected on Fling+Recycle. I find it interesting Recycle affects flung items, but that's just trivia not a strat worthwhile.

EDIT: Does anyone have a team they want help testing? I'm always bored why I'm back to playing this...but over using my own god it's ugly and frustrating. Oughta use another team and change nothing before I break it:^

Last edited:

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I hope this question is ok to ask here. Who are some good youtubers to watch for Battle Spot Singles?
I don’t really put a lot of BSS on my youtube, but there are a heap of videos / podcast episodes from our recent Battle Spot Premier League there. I also stream BSS on my twitch more than anything else. I’ll play it a lot more after I’m inevitably knocked out of the BSSC Invitational. chemcoop used to upload before his 3DS broke and started focussing on other things, but the videos are all still up there. He’s also arguably the best BSS player here. Puff Killa posts a lot of BSS tournament matches on his youtube. Ika Ika Musume dabbles in that too. 11oyd streams BSS on twitch too sometimes. The best thing about watching our stuff is that we’re all available on the Battle Spot Discord so you can ask any questions you have about the videos there!

I don’t really put a lot of BSS on my youtube, but there are a heap of videos / podcast episodes from our recent Battle Spot Premier League there. I also stream BSS on my twitch more than anything else. I’ll play it a lot more after I’m inevitably knocked out of the BSSC Invitational. chemcoop used to upload before his 3DS broke and started focussing on other things, but the videos are all still up there. He’s also arguably the best BSS player here. Puff Killa posts a lot of BSS tournament matches on his youtube. Ika Ika Musume dabbles in that too. 11oyd streams BSS on twitch too sometimes. The best thing about watching our stuff is that we’re all available on the Battle Spot Discord so you can ask any questions you have about the videos there!
To add onto this, the best place to generally watch live Battle Spot Singles play is on Twitch. There you can engage with the streamer and I think all of these guys are happy to talk about their decision making or any other question you might have. I know that personally I very rarely put stuff on my youtube because of the lack of audience and just tend to chill with my friends on my stream once in a while or just want to make sure that certain important games in the circuit or in terms of hype are streamed. Most of the BSS content on youtube (other than Lance/7th Gen Battlespot) are kind of limited due to the small audience size as well as it being simpler to just stream. One thing I have noticed is I haven't really gone through any of my own replays so I've put something up on there with regards to my own replays as of recent in both BSS and some other tiers I play so hopefully for those looking to learn how at least I analyse my own games (to an extent) then I'll try put some content up there like that.

I'll try to put more tournament games, streaming sessions and the like onto Youtube before the end of the generation so there is more out there as well.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)