Resource Forum Rules and Reservation Index

I was co-writing SM Berry guide with TJ but he said its no longer going to happen because USUM, can I do the USUM berry guide as the sole writer please?

I'd also like to take USUM TM Locations if two is allowed

tdp edit - idr if i already replied to this but yes to USM berries guide, we'll discuss TM locations

At some point I would really like to do a guide on transferring from the VC versions of RBY/GSC to Pokémon Bank. How nature, shininess etc. is calculated, what sort of rewards you might get in Gen 7 for having these Pokémon, maybe throw in a list of TMs in Gen 1/2 you can't get in Gen 7 etc. I usually have to go hunting in ten different places for this information so I think it'd be cool to have it all in one place.

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader
At some point I would really like to do a guide on transferring from the VC versions of RBY/GSC to Pokémon Bank. How nature, shininess etc. is calculated, what sort of rewards you might get in Gen 7 for having these Pokémon, maybe throw in a list of TMs in Gen 1/2 you can't get in Gen 7 etc. I usually have to go hunting in ten different places for this information so I think it'd be cool to have it all in one place.
would be wonderful, are you up for tackling this yourself in the semi-near future? can't really tell from your post

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader
These are back up for reservation:
- PokePelago guide (feel free to continue off Sondero's WIP)
- PokeRadar / chain fishing guide (XY) (feel free to continue off ThunderSamurott's WIP)
- Pokéathlon guide
- Pokemon Refresh guide (it was reserved at various points in the past by CloudyNatu / Raidx, if you guys are still interested in doing it then that's fine)

If old writers are interested in picking their stuff back up then that's okay fwiw, just hoping to get these moving again.

Conni

katharsis
May I take ThunderSamurott's unfinished PokeRadar / Chain Fishing Guide (XY) ?
Of course if the original author would like to still work on it then by all means do.

edit: tdp and dhr gave me the heads up

Last edited:
Is it still ok to reserve Speed Tiers as articles? I notice formats these days seem to just post a thread in their respective forum, but I wouldn't mind getting something like the old VGC 2012 one onsite for the current 2018 format; it's a lot cleaner and easier to navigate. I have a lot of the work done already in a Google Sheets page.

Lumari

empty spaces
TFP Leader
Is it still ok to reserve Speed Tiers as articles? I notice formats these days seem to just post a thread in their respective forum, but I wouldn't mind getting something like the old VGC 2012 one onsite for the current 2018 format; it's a lot cleaner and easier to navigate. I have a lot of the work done already in a Google Sheets page.
ye that's fine

This post is more for a question rather than a reservation.

I was going to ask if I can reserve an article about PokePelago, but it turns out many wiki-related pages already have vital information (when it is unlocked, when other isles are unlocked, what do each isles provide, etc). As I want the article to be differentiated from other wiki pages from other sites, I am planning on focusing which isle is beneficial during what part of the playthrough, general reward for grinding, and how does this differentiate / cover stuff from pass gens (will mention how PokePelago covers Daycare / makes EV training less stressful / gives access to items users otherwise cannot obtain such as Gold Bottle Cap in the cave).

I'd like to hear if these ideas are acceptable.

Lumari

empty spaces
TFP Leader
This post is more for a question rather than a reservation.

I was going to ask if I can reserve an article about PokePelago, but it turns out many wiki-related pages already have vital information (when it is unlocked, when other isles are unlocked, what do each isles provide, etc). As I want the article to be differentiated from other wiki pages from other sites, I am planning on focusing which isle is beneficial during what part of the playthrough, general reward for grinding, and how does this differentiate / cover stuff from pass gens (will mention how PokePelago covers Daycare / makes EV training less stressful / gives access to items users otherwise cannot obtain such as Gold Bottle Cap in the cave).

I'd like to hear if these ideas are acceptable.
Yeah that's fine but still do include the "raw" / "vital" information, that info is still required for making it a good / comprehensive guide.

Ryota Mitarai

Shrektimus Prime
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Hey so I came up with an in-game article idea so thought I could try to write one if it gets approved.

Basically it could be called ''Building around Incineroar in USUM'' or a similar name. I will write about a team that is built around Incineroar (for in-game of course lol, not about competitive). I personally don't see it as a ''walkthrough'' if that's gonna be an issue. I really like to see what teams have other people prepared for their gameplays and as such I think the idea could be interesting, but everything's your call.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, it is possible to gather multiple people to post their teams to showcase different ones, assuming someone would be willing to do it (I personally myself don't know anyone who would be interested atm).

Last edited:

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
Apologies for the delay in the response. We talked it over and feel like the idea is a bit too niche for an in-game article, since the scope/application would be limited to whatever mon is chosen. Thanks for the idea though!

==========================================================================

Speaking of ideas...we're trying to get things going again in this subforum and as such we're looking for some more authors. If you're ready to (co)author a guide, post here with your idea or reservation! Here are some ideas that are currently open for reservation:

- PokeRadar / chain fishing guide (XY) (feel free to continue off Conni's WIP)
- Pokéathlon guide
- Pokemon Refresh guide (it was reserved at various points in the past by Clouds / Raidx , if you guys are still interested in doing it then that's fine)
- SM Berries guide
- Virtual Console transfers guide (interest shown by Kurona before)
- Contests
- Festival Plaza
- USUM TM Location

This is by no means an exhaustive list! If you think something may make for a good guide, post your idea here and we'll get back to you. If you want an idea of what previous guides have looked like or been on, here are some of our published in-game guides. The OP will also be updated with ideas so couldn't hurt to check there either.

I'll be monitoring this subforum closely. Let's do it!

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
With LGPE out, reservations are open for the new games as well. Some potential topics might be tips and tricks, stats guide, chaining, berries/capture mechanics. This is by far not an exhaustive list, so post here with any ideas/reservations you may want to work on!

Yoshi

IT'S FINK DUMBASS
I was thinking for LGPE there could be some kind of legends and rare Pokemon capture guide. I'd be willing to write this but it's not something that I think I'm ready to write right now, although I'll figure that out soon. Just putting the idea on the table.

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
I was thinking for LGPE there could be some kind of legends and rare Pokemon capture guide. I'd be willing to write this but it's not something that I think I'm ready to write right now, although I'll figure that out soon. Just putting the idea on the table.
Sounds good so far to me! You're probably aware, but we have a few on-site for previous gens (BW / BW2 for example) you might find helpful for inspiration, should you choose to work on it. :)

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
Can I do a LGPE Shiny Hunting Guide
Go for it.

===================
Also I've added a few idea to the OP (ty tennisace), including:

- manipulating natures on gen 1 / gen 2 VGC
- multi-gen article on transferring stuff to the newest games (including side games, obscure stuff like Sucker Punch Hitmontop), etc, just gotta be a little bit wary of overlap with the guide Tmon is currently working on.

Theorymon

Have a wonderful day, wahoo!
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok I know this is gonna sound sorta crazy considering that nightmare of an article I just got to QC... but I'd like to do a guide on Competitive Event Move Legalities

I got some justifications for this below!

- This was orginally part of the move legality article, but got split due to scope, article size, and people probably wanting a seperate article for it.

- Because of this, they're highly related. I already mention event moves in illegality columns a LOT in the other article, and the articles may want to link each other too.

-On the internet, Event moves are never categorized in a quick reference for competitive play. They're always in huge ass lists for what learns the move, or in drop down menus that only cover one Pokemon at a time. This article would cut a lot of fat, so stuff like Pikachu won't have a bazillion useless event moves mentioned!

-The only event article we have onsite is extremely ancient, being made with gen 3 in mind! I want to make this article easy to update for future gens.

- I'm waiting on the other moves article to get QCed, which may take a while. This gives me something to do while I'm waiting, and I got a method for actually doing this efficently now instead of taking forever!

-It also helps that the scope of this article will be smaller than the other one, since there are WAY less event Pokemon than move tutor weirdness!

May i take a snag at Manipulating natures on gen 1 / gen 2 VGC?

ive done alot of research on this and since no one has made an article on it, i thought i can do it. hell ive manipulated natures alot so i can have the specific move and HA in my own ds.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)