Anything Goes Focus Sash and Dual Ghost Spam (FSDGS)

Hi! Thank you for looking at my RMT. I am going to try and give as much reasoning for my choices as possible, and I hope that it will help you to help me to optimize my team.
TEAMBUILDING PROCESS
:Quagsire:
I always love quagsire, I have used it in every AG metagame that exists. It is a great counter to any set up sweeper, and it is one of my favorite pokemon
:Quagsire: :Calyrex-Shadow:
Adding calyrex is a must, its an AG pokemon for a reason
:Quagsire: :Calyrex-Shadow: :Masquerain:
I genuinly believe sticky webs are the best hazard in this metagame, and between all the sticky web mons, I like masq the most. It also acts as a flying type who can cripple the physical attackers of the tier
:Quagsire: :Calyrex-Shadow: :Masquerain: :Cyclizar:
Hazard removal, my beloved. Also any sweeper behind a substitute can win late game. Also also normal type to switch into calyrex shadow
:Quagsire: :Calyrex-Shadow: :Masquerain: :Cyclizar: :Kingambit:
funny late game sweeper go brr. Also fills a dark type who can tank a decent amount of calyrex's coverage (tera blast excluded)
:Quagsire: :Calyrex-Shadow: :Masquerain: :Cyclizar: :Kingambit: :Spectrier:
Man is so good you can use 2 of them

The Team

Quagsire @ Focus Sash
Ability: Unaware
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Haze
- Earthquake
- Liquidation
- Toxic
My beloved. Focus haze has won me a double digit amount of games vs baton pass. toxic can outstall alot of the not poison type stall. I ran Liquid Quake even when scald was an option, but with the water burner made an exclusive move, it is definitivly the best 2 coverage. can also do big chip to more of the tier than you'd think. Tera Poison to flip the script on grass and for accuracy bypass toxic, but I have tera'd it exactly once in my entire ladder climb and it was to undo T spikes later.

Calyrex-Shadow @ Leftovers
Ability: As One (Spectrier)
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Astral Barrage
- Dark Pulse
- Psyshock
- Draining Kiss
I don't think i need to explain using it, but i should explain the rest of it. 252+ to win speed ties without webs and to outspeed alot of scarfers with webs. obviously max attack. dark pulse for the calyrex ditto, psyshock for special walls, draining kiss to remain healthy tera normal also for the calyrex ditto, to escape everything except tera fighting tera blast. leftovers to heal whenever it forces anything out and to outheal chip.

Masquerain @ Focus Sash
Ability: Intimidate
Tera Type: Bug
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Sticky Web
- Whirlwind
- Air Slash
MY BOY. Tera bug since i have never needed to tera it, U turn for the taunt leads, sticky web is self explanitory, whirlwind to mess with any set up sweepers if it isnt damaged. Airslash over aqua jet or other moves since it deals alot of damage. max speed for obvious reasons. focus sash to garuntee webs

Cyclizar @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Draco Meteor
- Shed Tail
- U-turn
My favorite boy, hazard removal that acutally threatens other things for the ghost switch ins. rapid spin is obviously how it removes hazards while keeping sticky web. draco meteor can damage a giritina quite a bit. U turn to take advantage of it forcing in ghosts on hazard teams. Shed tail to do that but much harder. Tera normal is also a place holder except for the occasional tera into draco on a miridon or koridon.

Kingambit @ Leftovers
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Kowtow Cleave
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Low Kick
LAST MON KINGAMBIT :quagchamppogsire: but its seriously one of my favorite calyrex counters since it often forces tera fighting which can be abused by tera ghost. sucker punch to patch the bad speed, kowtow cleave to let you have a strong dark move when your faster, iron head for the fairy mons/tera, and low kick for opposing dark types. This is 100% the best

Spectrier @ Focus Sash
Ability: Grim Neigh
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Draining Kiss
- Dark Pulse
- Psychic
I havent seen much about this, but running both seems smart. Its also one of the most consistent revenge killers in the tier excluding calyrex shadow. Dual stabs for obvious reasons, draining kiss to heal into focus sash, and dark pulse specifically for revenging non tera calyrex. It can reverse sweep if a team has exausted their clayrex counters, or set up for calyrex itself to sweep

Replay to show off the team:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9anythinggoes-1924976729-5xkk0pm5oa97o7hd9gcnocv9an17zyupw
Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/7188e8f822acefe9
Anyways please let me know what I could improve! I am always lookingfor criticism on my teams.​

RudeLiees

formerly Xr Kartana
Hi ! Very quick rate(I’m waiting for my fly to France)u should replace whirlwind by stun spore, and the leftovers are better on him, because reviver has only 8pp, I’ll rate more in detail when I’ll be in France

Geysers

not round
is a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi! I don't play a whole lot of gen9 ag so my ability to rate this is fairly limited, but I see a couple of pretty glaring problems with this team.

• 4 attacks Calyrex-S is awful. Like really bad. Dark pulse hits nothing. Caly that can't boost is a caly that can't make progress.
  • Quag is really bad, and sash is close to the worst possible item for it. Don't run quag.
  • Masquerain is not good, and the same goes for webs as a whole. They can be usable sometimes, but without a way to block defog, your hazards are going to get removed really fast.
  • Gambit as a whole is ok but 4 attacks gambit is awful. You can't break anything and give up switches for free since there's no way to punish switchins
  • Spectrier is bad. There's no reason whatsoever to use it since it's just worse caly-s. "but I can use only one caly" just use something else this mon is ass
  • Cyclizar is awful don't use it please
Overall I can see what you're trying to do here but it's not going to work. You lose 6-0 to the omnipresent scarf Koraidon. No fairy type means it just clicks dragon moves with impunity and you lose the game. There are only two legitimately usable mons on the entire team (caly, gambit) and everything else is awful. I'd strongly advise checking out the AG Viability Rankings to get a good idea of what mons are good in ag. You can also check out hayedenn's very cool set compendium to see what sets specifically are good. These resources are a great way to get a headstart and figure out what sort of mons and sets are good without having to waste countless hours learning this the hard way. I will warn you, though, that AG is an extremely restrictive meta where your favorite mons probably won't be viable. If you really care about using your favorites, there are probably other tiers where they're viable.

Please don't get discouraged by this criticism; we all start somewhere. Nobody ever built a good team on their first try. Good luck!

Hi! I don't play a whole lot of gen9 ag so my ability to rate this is fairly limited, but I see a couple of pretty glaring problems with this team.

• 4 attacks Calyrex-S is awful. Like really bad. Dark pulse hits nothing. Caly that can't boost is a caly that can't make progress.
  • Quag is really bad, and sash is close to the worst possible item for it. Don't run quag.
  • Masquerain is not good, and the same goes for webs as a whole. They can be usable sometimes, but without a way to block defog, your hazards are going to get removed really fast.
  • Gambit as a whole is ok but 4 attacks gambit is awful. You can't break anything and give up switches for free since there's no way to punish switchins
  • Spectrier is bad. There's no reason whatsoever to use it since it's just worse caly-s. "but I can use only one caly" just use something else this mon is ass
  • Cyclizar is awful don't use it please
Overall I can see what you're trying to do here but it's not going to work. You lose 6-0 to the omnipresent scarf Koraidon. No fairy type means it just clicks dragon moves with impunity and you lose the game. There are only two legitimately usable mons on the entire team (caly, gambit) and everything else is awful. I'd strongly advise checking out the AG Viability Rankings to get a good idea of what mons are good in ag. You can also check out hayedenn's very cool set compendium to see what sets specifically are good. These resources are a great way to get a headstart and figure out what sort of mons and sets are good without having to waste countless hours learning this the hard way. I will warn you, though, that AG is an extremely restrictive meta where your favorite mons probably won't be viable. If you really care about using your favorites, there are probably other tiers where they're viable.

Please don't get discouraged by this criticism; we all start somewhere. Nobody ever built a good team on their first try. Good luck!
I mean this in the nicest way possible, That’s it?
Usually an RMT comes with some suggestions on what to change. You say that 4 attack calyrex shadow and kingambit is bad, what should I drop and what non attack do I run instead? You say spectrier, quagsire, Masq, and cyclical aren’t good, do you have other things to reccomend that fill similar niches? Idk usually when I have a team rated it’s more than just “this team is terrible you’ll never win with it go make something else”
I do thank you for giving resources I could use. But that’s the only helpful advice in this rate. If the team is that bad surely you can get an idea of what I’m trying to do and give me a similar team? Also scarf koridon gets chunked hard by Masq air slash and quag, I have counters. Overall just not a rating that helps me in anyway. In the most respectful way possible and with regard to the fact you spent time to rate me, this is the exact same as writing “make a new team, this one sucks, here are resources” I’m not usually confrontational and I was going to leave it but it’s just not good. And before you say the team was so unusable you couldn’t fix it, I’ve had RMTs in the past where they swapped 2 or 3 whole mons to fix the team, it’s not unfixable.

Geysers

not round
is a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I mean this in the nicest way possible, That’s it?
Usually an RMT comes with some suggestions on what to change. You say that 4 attack calyrex shadow and kingambit is bad, what should I drop and what non attack do I run instead?
I'm sorry that this was so abbreviated, but as I said earlier, I don't play a lot of gen9. I'm not confident that if I gave you alternate mons / sets that the team would turn out well since I don't really know how to gen9 ag teams. If it had provided such advice, it would have come from a place of inexperience and would have likely been bad or outright wrong. With that in mind, it's much easier and frankly more helpful for me to point out the problems than to try to solve them. I'd love to be able to solve your problems here but I think that if I tried to present solutions I'd do more harm than good. Regardless, this team is very fundamentally flawed and needs at least 4 mons replaced in order to be viable, given that it has all of spectrier, masquerain, quagsire, cyclizar, and kingambit, of which only masquerain or kingambit should stay, and not both.

Once again, I'm sorry I wasn't able to be more helpful, but I gave you what I could from my limited knowledge. Re: caly sets, you can find something in the compendium I linked. I think that if you want to commit to the webs approach, you're probably going to want some sort of nasty plot set, potentially with grass knot, but I'm not certain.

And yes, I did functionally say "make a new team" because I think that's the best approach here. The team rating guidelines suggest that raters only tackle teams that can be fixed by replacing 2-3 mons, because replacing more is effectively building a whole new team and as such frowned upon. I really don't think that this team is salvageable because 3/6 mons are already fundamentally unviable and 2 more are incompatible with each other (as far as I know) It's possible that there's some way to fix this that I've overlooked. If so, TaxFraud will probably notice it and help (please help lol I'm out of my depth).

Hopefully taxfraud can give you some more useful advice. Sorry I wasn't very helpful. Have a nice day.

Glory

formerly TaxFraud
is a Pre-Contributor
Why did you force this upon me...

Geysers said it as well as I could, and probably in a more diplomatic manner too. The team struggles with a lot of major issues, such as multiple very bad mons being used in Quagsire, Spectrier, and Cyclizar. None of the sets are close to optimal except maybe Masquerain, and you don't have much offensive pressure despite having the best offensive pokemon in the game. The team overall lacks any synergy and it would be simpler to restart and try again.

If you would like assistance with the building process, feel free to ask in the anything goes chat on Showdown, or within the AG Discord, and I am sure that there are people who would be happy to help you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)