SV Ubers First Uber Team

Red Raven

I COULD BE BANNED!
Because I'm not really enjoying OU that much these days, I decided to try Ubers and to my surprise, it is far more enjoyable for me. No more dumbass Kingambit screwing me over for killing the enemy team. I came up with this team after some trial and error and I need some help

:clodsire::ting-lu::skeledirge::arceus-fairy::giratina-origin::koraidon:

:choice scarf::sv/koraidon::choice scarf:
Darkseid (Koraidon) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Orichalcum Pulse
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Collision Course

First, I decided to use Koraidon. After so many stupid loses due to some dumbass last respects bullshit from Basculegion, yeah I need to control the weather. The crawling motorcyle does really well and I often just lead with it because free u turn. Flare blitz is basically its primary move at this point because dragon claw isn't anything special and I don't really wanna spam collision course. For its tera type, I just went with fairy so I can surprise kill opposing Miraidon because that electric motorcyle is a real pain

:pixie plate::sv/arceus-fairy::pixie plate:
Hecate (Arceus-Fairy) @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Multitype
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 108 SpD / 92 Spe
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Judgment
- Calm Mind
- Earth Power

For the next one, I decided to use Arceus. God himself is almost a necessity because it's stats is annoying and I need a draco absorber anyway because of the electric motorcycle. I honestly have no idea what to do on this one so I just put in a random ev spread that I can think of. All I know is I wanted spdef so I can somewhat stand against Robo Delibird. Earth power is the coverage I chose so I can weaken opposing crocodiles and catch sword doggo on the switch. While I set this up to be my late game cleaner, I rarely end up using this late game and it usually just becomes a defensive pokemon, unless I wanna bully Giratina that is

:heavy-duty boots::sv/skeledirge::heavy-duty boots:
Upside Down Man (Skeledirge) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Unaware
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Hex
- Slack Off
- Torch Song
- Will-O-Wisp

The next one is the one I need to answer Zacian. I hate that dog and it's design even irks be. Doesn't that dog get tired of holding that long ass sword? Jesus. Anyway, croc is here to make the dog miserable and just about any physical attacker miserable. Nothing too crazy about this set. For its tera, I just went with water because when in doubt, use steel, water, or fairy teras. They won't let you down

:leftovers::sv/ting-lu::leftovers:
Parallax (Ting-Lu) @ Leftovers
Ability: Vessel of Ruin
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Protect
- Ruination
- Whirlwind

Now, I still needed something to deal with that electric motorcycle. My team thus far can't exactly switch into Miraidon because even Koraidon doesn't want to take those electro drifts and it dies to draco meteor. For better or for worse, I had to put this one in. Just the standard spdef set but I put protect in so I can squeeze in as much lefties recovery. I also decided to give it spikes because spikes seem to be a better hazard due to it doing more damage to Koraidon and that accursed Zacian. Like with the croc, when in doubt, use steel, water, or fairy teras

:leftovers::sv/clodsire::leftovers:
Eclipso (Clodsire) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Recover
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Next, I needed an answer to King Kyogre. I originally had Eternatus in this slot but the thing can get overwhelmed by some tera water spout nonsense and I did want it originally because it can absorb toxic spikes but forgot Clodsire exists. So, I just used Clodsire since I can use it as my rocker as well. More importantly, just like Eternatus, Clodsire can learn toxic and I want toxic on the team because opposing crocodiles are very annoying. For its tera type, I chose steel just in case some dumbass Delibird becomes too much of an issue and it still sits on Kyogre for eternity anyway

:griseous core::sv/giratina-origin::griseous core:
Trigon (Giratina-Origin) @ Griseous Core
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 216 Def / 240 SpA / 40 SpD / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hex
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Thunder Wave

Finally, I have satan himself. I honestly did not know what to put here. At first when I had Eternatus on the team, I had Great Tusk on this to serve as my rocker and hazard spinner but that had a lot of issues, namely Tusk doesn't really do much. When I checked the viability rankings, I saw this mon ranked A something so I decided to give it a try and this ground immunity is really useful. For its ev spread, I found that somewhere but I can't remember where nor can I remember what that accomplishes. I just saved that so I reused it. For its moves, I went with twave because if I can paralyze some random Arceus form, that would be very nice. This thing sits on extreme killer already and paralyzing stuff makes the crocodile's hex even nastier. For its tera type, I just went with steel because I still want it to wall extreme killer, which I haven't run into for some reason

----

Well, this is the first functioning ubers team I've ever made so I really need some help

Taka

coastin' like crazy
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
PUPL Champion
Hey! Just wanted to give some tips on how to improve this team, though it is already solid!

I think that the main issues with this team are the Groundceus MU and a few certain moves.

:Ting-Lu: I would give this mon Earthquake over Protect. You have two Miraidon checks and a Fairyceus, you generally have the leeway to play around Miraidon anyways. Earthquake makes you far less passive into Zacian, which can be a huge threat to this team, as well as being good for immediately pressuring opposing Clodsire / Skeledirge for your Fairyceus.

:Giratina-origin: I think you want Wisp over Twave here. Wisp gives you significantly more leeway into DD Groundceus, and as it stands right now, DD Groundceus can nearly solo your team late game. You don’t really have a slow wallbreaker that appreciates the para support like Kyogre anyways, and Wisp also eases the Zacian MU a bit.

:arceus-fairy: I think investing that spdef in Def goes a long way, making you less prone to being revenged by Tera Fire Koraidon. Additionally, I know Bundle is used a bit on ladder even though it sucks, but Fairyceus has the natural bulk to just beat it anyways, and with Calm Mind it should never be a huge issue for this team. Ultimately, you can use Tera to circumvent that issue anyways on Clodsire, but as it stands, this Fairyceus is a bit too frail physically.

otherwise I think this is solid! Keep up the building and good luck w your games

Red Raven

I COULD BE BANNED!
Hey! Just wanted to give some tips on how to improve this team, though it is already solid!

I think that the main issues with this team are the Groundceus MU and a few certain moves.

:Ting-Lu: I would give this mon Earthquake over Protect. You have two Miraidon checks and a Fairyceus, you generally have the leeway to play around Miraidon anyways. Earthquake makes you far less passive into Zacian, which can be a huge threat to this team, as well as being good for immediately pressuring opposing Clodsire / Skeledirge for your Fairyceus.

:Giratina-origin: I think you want Wisp over Twave here. Wisp gives you significantly more leeway into DD Groundceus, and as it stands right now, DD Groundceus can nearly solo your team late game. You don’t really have a slow wallbreaker that appreciates the para support like Kyogre anyways, and Wisp also eases the Zacian MU a bit.

:arceus-fairy: I think investing that spdef in Def goes a long way, making you less prone to being revenged by Tera Fire Koraidon. Additionally, I know Bundle is used a bit on ladder even though it sucks, but Fairyceus has the natural bulk to just beat it anyways, and with Calm Mind it should never be a huge issue for this team. Ultimately, you can use Tera to circumvent that issue anyways on Clodsire, but as it stands, this Fairyceus is a bit too frail physically.

otherwise I think this is solid! Keep up the building and good luck w your games
Thank you. I'll give this a try

On Giratina, I did just that because twave barely did anything at all and Ting Lu is the one that comes in on me anyway so it did nothing. Draco should be enough to kill the croc since it turns its own unaware against it

With Arceus, I decided to try the ev spread on its analysis page with 248 hp / 120 def / 16 spa / 124 spe. I also replaced earth power with taunt and it's been doing even better for me because this just destroys Toxapex and Clodsire. Sure, I don't hit Zacian anymore but considering doggo has no recovery of any kind, that 24% from judgment is gonna stick. Though, I'm still on the fence on whether poison or steel would be the better tera

Taka

coastin' like crazy
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
PUPL Champion
Thank you. I'll give this a try

On Giratina, I did just that because twave barely did anything at all and Ting Lu is the one that comes in on me anyway so it did nothing. Draco should be enough to kill the croc since it turns its own unaware against it

With Arceus, I decided to try the ev spread on its analysis page with 248 hp / 120 def / 16 spa / 124 spe. I also replaced earth power with taunt and it's been doing even better for me because this just destroys Toxapex and Clodsire. Sure, I don't hit Zacian anymore but considering doggo has no recovery of any kind, that 24% from judgment is gonna stick. Though, I'm still on the fence on whether poison or steel would be the better tera
glad you're enjoying these changes! taunt is definitely nice, and i usually prefer poison bc fire / fight weakness makes u much more suspectible to being revenged by koraidon, but its still preference.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)