SS UU First Attempt at a team for UU

Hi everyone! I am not very experienced in team-building in general but I made this UU team to try to get better. I haven’t played too many games with it yet but I plan to try it out more after some changes.

:salamence:
Salamence @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Hurricane
- Flamethrower
- Roost

This salamence was originally a moxie physical attacker but I realized that my team had a lot of physical attackers so I switched it to a special attacker. I am not really sure what role that salamence plays but it seems good at dealing some fast damage. It doesn't really play the role of a sweeper that I originally had in mind with moxie so I might just switch it back to a physical attacker and figure everything else out with the team. I also chose to be a special attacker to be better against scizor and skarmory.

:scizor:
Scizor @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Roost

I am liking the bulky scizor because it is able to take a lot of neutrally effective hits and the ability to roost the health them back up. I would consider this the core member of the team that I was trying to build around as the other pokemon on the team are trying to counter what scizor is weak against.

:azumarill:
Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Liquidation
- Ice Punch

I chose azumarill because it seems like a pretty solid attacker as it can deal big damage with aqua jet. I could see it not being that great because it seems to fill a similar role as scizor but they also work pretty well together as it can pair up water aqua jet with bullet punch from scizor to finish off some pokemon.

:amoonguss:
Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Foul Play

Amoonguss is a pokemon I really like as just clicking spore on something every game is pretty good. I have found that the attacks on amoonguss are pretty solid against some mons that the team struggles against like water types. I am worried that I might be pretty reliant on some of the coverage from amoonguss as I usually run it out early to spore something. Maybe I should just be holding it back more.

:rotom-heat:
Rotom-Heat @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Defog
- Pain Split

I chose rotom to fill a similar role as salamence as it is a solid fast switch-in and has a few utility moves. This is a team member that I am not so sure about because I think the coverage moves might not be right for the team. It does deal with skarmory and scizor like salamence. I might need to switch around this slot a good amount.

:chansey:
Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Toxic
- Heal Bell

I chose chansey to round out the team to try to smooth out the edges. It has the ability to counter a lot of the special attackers as my team is weaker in special. As far as the moves, I thought it was important to have heal bell in order to deal with the status on my team as the team seems pretty weak to status. I might want rocks on this chansey because I realize that I don’t have any team members with rocks.

Overall, I made this team in order to try out teambuilding in Pokemon and it is probably not that great. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Hey dude your team looks pretty solid! It covers all of the major stuff in the metagame and in general it has a nice balance between offense and defense so that you dont get cheesed, however I would like to give some minor advice about the ev spreads and some little tweaks.
:scizor: :azumarill:
Both of the sets of these two mons are fine however investing all into HP isnt optimal, I would make the scizor just fast enough to outspeed max speed modest aegislash or if u want more bulk you can creep max speed adamant azumarill. if you are not fast enough the two previously mentioned mons can kill you when they shouldnt.
Same thing with azu I would put it either max speed (adamant) or with just enough evs to outspeed max speed adamant conkeldurr, getting ko'ed when you shouldnt absolutely sucks the extra bulk in HP isnt really worth it
:rotom-heat:
The rotom is the worst offender here, in general I would say Defog Rotom-H isnt a very good mon and instead I would use Defog Salamence while making the rotom a nasty plot variant or a bulky will-o-wisp user, however it isnt an unviable mon and you can keep it if u feel it works well.
What I would change for sure is the rotom's ev spread, max speed timid is kinda useless and I would use either of these two spreads.
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 Spe
Bold Nature

EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 Spe
Timid Nature

The first one outspeeds standard nidoqueen and adamant bulu while giving you some extra bulk that can save you in some instances.
The second one outspeeds max speed chandelure and mamoswine which I consider the maximum speed that a Rotom-H should run, the only reason to run max speed is to outrun other rotoms but that can be counterproductive as most of the times you want the slower volt switch and you arent staying against opposing rotom-w.
:chansey:
Heal bell support on your team isnt needed as you have a spore/toxic absorber in amoonguss and another toxic immunity in your scizor, instead I would put Stealth Rock on the chansey since your team lacks them and even if a lot of mons run HDB its still very useful to have them so that your opponent cant abuse your deffogers and you can pressure the opposing team to defog themselves.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)