Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 60 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 140 SpD / 52 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Ice Beam
- Giga Drain
- Tera Blast
- Bug Buzz

My lovely old Frosmoth. My only gripe is that she seems to be just barely common enough that people know what's up. Like to switch out most special stuff. So that hurts a lot, but Frosmoth still can mess up Luna BM and Bundle bad, as well as so many like Heatran, Chi-Yu, and Gholdengo terad. Have ohkod DNite some w/ this one, can do through scale, deals some damage even should they tera and I live unboosted tera Espeed(eek if they're iron head.) EVs emphasize SpA and SpD, w. enough HP to take Pao's unboosted Crunch/etc, and spe for like 4 Spe 70/71s idk. Ground tera is crucial to me. Rock can often be a worse weakness than fire(meaning I'd prefer to resist rock, namely for SR, over fire here,) and it also gets so many fires and steels w/ Tera Blast(a fire Tera blast leaves me pretty much walled by enemy fires, and only gets steels.) AV is wonderful, practically being like the one thing, bar maybe Corv, to sorta wall Luna BM(though I can just beat it so I don't have to wall...this is more an example of bulk.) Ice Beam is mandatory good STAB and some hax, Giga Drain gets healing. Bug Buzz I always am wondering about, subs aren't that rare, but it won't really hurt Gliscor. Still, gets Cress, Espathra, and Wo-Chien. Though I've had situations where I was parad and couldn't get Cress before the crazy stored power stuff. Overall I find this mon very good, though she's getting a bit predictable w/ people being more knowledgeable of the possibilities Frosmoth has.

:Noivern:
Noivern @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
Level: 50
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 36 HP / 4 Def / 212 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Air Slash
- Boomburst
- Focus Blast
- Switcheroo

This may or may not go(thoughts!?) next season, w/ the new stuff. For now often seems crucial for the combo of Urshifu and Ogerpon. Mostly gets any pairing of them, only sometimes fearing Cornerstone, Ice punch/spinner on Urshifu RS, and Rock Tomb on any Ogerpon(play rough might get me, idk, but I wouod stay faster if not.) Dark Tera SS Sucker punch is likely a threat, but could go more Def/HP. Normal tera seems necessary, and given the great, but not excellent(never getting BE Spe Flutter/Bundle w/ scarf) Spe, I like Specs for the damage. I used to double up on TrickChoice, but this seems ok as I often don't use it or not well. Also I don't need a 2nd trickchoicer as non-tricking Azu is CB, and Dipplin keeps item. Focus Blast is for Garg, Chi-Yu, and Luna BM mainly, also gets the not unusual steel Urshifus. This is pretty good, it's my Gliscor answer too. It can also deal high damage by ignoring screens, say vs. Ninetails-A(prefer to have the ally in the fight, as ice is 4x SE and not fun unless flinch hax.) Good user of flinch unless they ever let in Togekiss again. I only can say I'd like more bulk, but the SpA evs do something.

:Azumarill:
Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Atk / 20 Def
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Aqua Jet
- Ice Spinner
- Play Rough

I put Azu back for...some reason um. I'm not a huge fan of this mon, but I think I wanted the typing or whatever, rain and ice are tough to me(had Zapdos, 4 ice weak and 2 4x is not ok...I think.)I have Band form before, Idk if it should be Sitrus as now that's free. If so should it be BD then? I don't really need spinner...EVs w/o sitrus avoid/mostly avoid 2hko form tera unboosted DNite espeed. Usual enough moves, I use a major Bundle answer in Frosmoth, so don't feel I need Superpower. This mon has plainly done nothing, but early days still.

:Dipplin:
Dipplin @ Eviolite
Ability: Sticky Hold
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Giga Drain
- Recover
- Infestation
- Sucker Punch

I really like Dipplin, though I'm just slightly worried about P2 returning soon, may end up being partly outclassed. But Dipplin gets Infestation, is generally(mold breaker eek) immune to Knock off, can really mess up trick stuff by locking them in, and having them be locked on a bad trick, and gets Rilla and Wo-Chien. Also spore immune ofc. More Def, at the cost of all else, unfortunately. But I really don't see a problem w/ it for a few days, at least. Max Def seemed the way to go, 4 SpD may do something too, I forget. Relaxed because I run the, admittedly weak, Sucker Punch. I have that over, say, Rest(low movepool, but rest would absorb status as poison messes this up, say in spikes ofrm since I can tera on a toxic) because I caught this w/ 31 Atk. Seemed a waste to not use, when it knows Sucker and has low Spe. It is very weak, BUT often the chip of Infestation will get something into range, eventually. Giga Drain seems plainly better than Syrup Bomb, this mon doesn't really need to be faster, Syrup bomb iirc is less BP, and Giga heals. Also the accuracy is an issue w/ syrup when not running the ability to reduce evasiveness. Poison tera has good synergy, resisting bug, fairy, and poison. A neutrality to the other stuff, like Ice, is fine. Overall pretty good mon, I run it w/ an Unaware cause it can be set up fodder.

:Garganacl:
Garganacl @ Leftovers
Ability: Purifying Salt
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Salt Cure
- Recover
- Fissure
- Stealth Rock

I had Mamo here originally. Then I put SR on Mamo, and then I decided to switch it for SR Garg, as I kinda cover Gliscor w/o Mamo, and Garg gets Fissure too. Recover seems much better than Mamo's curse tbh, though this could ghost tera curse as well if I needed. No room though ofc. Usual EVs, water tera vs the fairy one I had trained already, for Scizor mainly. Garg is an interesting mon in that it has a very game changing move, outclasses several mons(I think several, maybe just very few, though I learned Bastiodon is one) fully, but isn't all that good. Or so it seems. I don't really know what else I should run, or what more I could do w/ this.

:Clodsire:
Clodsire @ Black Sludge
Ability: Unaware
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Atk / 12 Def / 164 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Earthquake
- Toxic Spikes
- Recover

EVs to ohko Oger H w/ Tera Gunk Shot, I think, as well as have a good chance after SR. They also help take a Tera(no mold breaker to count the atk buff) Ivy Cudgel, and 4 Spe for mirrors or w/e, and HP maxed over SpD for simplicity. I wanted an Unaware w/ Dipplin, and Skeledirge wasm't working cause of typing. Quagsire seems vaguely like an option though. Gunk Shot is mainly to use the tera sometimes, and get the aforementioned oger, and other masks weak to it. I wanted plain old poison tera to never get hurt by my own item, Black Sludge also can mess w/ trick stuff. EQ is neccesary, this doesn't learn Fissure. T Spikes were suggested to me. Tbh not much idea why them specifically, other than my team is maybe passive. This gets Heatran(even grass teras,) which the originally suggested t spikes iron moth fails to do at all. Also resists SR, and clears t spikes. SpD seems fine even w/ many evs taken out of it, this mon should help w/ my usual Glimmora weakness(well there's Earth Power, really I mean for cleaning the spikes that leaves.)

I still do bad. I feel like I could get around this by playing more, but it's hard to charge the switch w/ the fat charger they come w/ lol, bought a new one so today I should be able to play more, hopefully get rank up. I can charge it, but I ALSO am having trouble getting on the net and staying on, easiest by router and hard to charge close to it...but anyways. Will possibly improve, idk. See some odd stuff, and then there's luck and misplays. Nothing on my team, usually, seems way out of line.

For next series I was planning to use Archaludon, and was suggested to use Suicune and Incineroar. Idk where they'd go, and I certainly have a number of other mons trained, so very open to suggestions. I won't compromise on Frosmoth though, especially now that I got her in VR. I feel both committed to the mon, and that she's considered viable for sure now. Any of the rest can go, fwiw most like Dipplin out of the rest.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)