Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Knock Off
- Steel Roller

Assault Vest Ferrothorn is rain’s best friend, as it patches several holes for rain teams and appreciates rain’s ability to remove its counters. Ferrothorn is the perfect switch-in to Fairy-type attacks from Tapu Fini, Grass-type attacks from Rillaboom, and Dragon-type attacks from Naganadel and Dragapult that would otherwise threaten rain sweepers. Ferrothorn is also excellent into Trick Room, as it threatens common Trick Room setters like Porygon2, Diancie, and Cresselia. Furthermore, with its increased bulk from Assault Vest, Ferrothorn stalls out Trick Room turns in order to allow rain’s sweepers to take advantage of these slower teams outside of Trick Room. Even against faster opposing teams, Ferrothorn is still extremely useful, able to take a hit and then fire off a powerful Gyro Ball that threatens OHKOs on many of the tiers fast offensive threats such as Naganadel, Dragapult, and Kyurem-B. Lastly, Steel Roller allows Ferrothorn to remove Terrains that would otherwise impede rain. Without Grassy Terrain, Rillaboom loses its priority, and Ferrothorn is often rain’s best answer to Expanding Force by easily switching in on the move and removing the Psychic Terrain that boosts it.

Last edited:
Reactions: zoe

zoe

Beyond the Sky
is an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnus
DOU & Discord Head
in

right off the bat the first thing i notice is how this isn't up to par with the GP standards (basically grammar), but ill get to that later.

• You say the types that Ferrothorn beats, but don't go into specific Pokemon (i.e Rillaboom, Kyurem-B, etc), do that.
  • I wouldn't really mention Iron Barbs. In a normal analysis sure, but in a spotlight we're under a 1000 character limit (excluding spaces) and it isn't supposed to list every detail of the mon. So yeah i'd just cut it.
  • Instead of saying "either beat or knock off the item of," i'd just say Ferrothorn threatens Porygon2 and Diancie, says effectively the same thing while condensing it.
Content wise this was solid for (what i believe to be) your first stab at C&C! Now for the grammar side of things, what i want you to do is check the Spelling and Grammar Standards and go through this to make sure everything lines up. I'll clean up everything that isn't covered by it next time i go over it.

Once you do everything i said above, just ping me wherever.

zoe

Beyond the Sky
is an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnus
DOU & Discord Head
gonna go ahead and give this the 1/1, can't notice anything terribly wrong with it and you got everything i wanted prose wise. excellent job.

What you want to do now is post that this is ready for a GP check here, and ping @ GP Team in this thread as well
(would do it myself but last time i pinged it like this im pretty sure it didn't work t.t)

UT

Old habits die SCREAMING
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Appeals + C&C Lead
add remove conjecture
Ferrothorn @ Assault Vest
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Knock Off
- Steel Roller

Assault Vest Ferrothorn is rain’s best friend, able to patch any holes rain has while appreciating as it patches several holes for rain teams and appreciates rain’s ability to remove its counters. Ferrothorn is the perfect switch-in to Fairy-type attacks from Tapu Fini, Grass-type attacks from Rillaboom, and Dragon-type attacks from Naganadel and Dragapult that would otherwise threaten rain sweepers. Ferrothorn is also excellent into Trick Room, being able to threaten as it threatens common Trick Room setters like Porygon2, Diancie, and Cresselia. Furthermore, (comma) with its increased bulk from Assault Vest, (comma) Ferrothorn stalls out turns of Trick Room Trick Room turns in order to allow rain’s sweepers to take advantage of these slower teams once Trick Room runs out outside of Trick Room. But even Even against faster opposing teams, (comma) Ferrothorn is still extremely useful, able to take a hit and then fire off a powerful Gyro Balls that threatens OHKOs on many of the tier's fast offensive threats such as Naganadel, Dragapult, and Kyurem-B. Lastly, Steel Roller allows Ferrothorn to remove Terrains that would otherwise impede rain. Without Grassy Terrain, (comma) Rillaboom loses its priority, and Ferrothorn is often rain’s best answer to Expanding Force - by easily switching in on the move and removing the Psychic Terrain that boosts it.

GP 1/1!

GP Team done

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)